*Official* FM 13 Update 13.2.3 - Non-ME Constructive Discussion & Feedback

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not a bug, but it has been bugging me since the game came out. I think it is a clear flaw in the gui design.

While the game is processing, there is a "Browse" button which can be clicked to stop the processing. For some reason the button is hovering directly above the "Continue" button. Obviously the "Browse" button will be rather unresponsive from time to time, which leads to it being clicked several times in close succession. When clicking away the button then suddenly works and stops the processing, but the next mouse click pushes "Continue" and the processing begins again. The placement of "Browse" is not good, and it should be moved so it is not above "Continue".

I loaded in the Demo a few months back, but i havent really bothered with FM 2013.....However i finished a save game for FM 2012 so i decided to give the Demo another go. When i loaded up today it said the demo was updated and installed itself again before i could play it. Has the Demo been updated with the new updates etc...??

It is not a bug, but it has been bugging me since the game came out. I think it is a clear flaw in the gui design.

While the game is processing, there is a "Browse" button which can be clicked to stop the processing. For some reason the button is hovering directly above the "Continue" button. Obviously the "Browse" button will be rather unresponsive from time to time, which leads to it being clicked several times in close succession. When clicking away the button then suddenly works and stops the processing, but the next mouse click pushes "Continue" and the processing begins again. The placement of "Browse" is not good, and it should be moved so it is not above "Continue".

This!!! 1 million times...

Probably can't do it for FM13 but for FM14 move it SI, I beg you!

I still have to try the latest patch but I really hate to perform ~20 private chats saying the same thing and answering the same thing. It is a huge waste of time.

Suggestion, there should be something like the team talks, where you say something and everyone reacts in a different way. F.i. you have to train better, your recent performance was good or bad and so on.

This would let save gazillions of dozens of minute.

Thx

Given that there were so few non-ME fixes in the last update is there likely to be a separate non-ME patch or simply 'all in' with the transfer update sometime in March?

Just like to add that I don't want to wildly speculate on an exact date, nor have a go at SI. Simply curious...

Given that there were so few non-ME fixes in the last update is there likely to be a separate non-ME patch or simply 'all in' with the transfer update sometime in March?

Just like to add that I don't want to wildly speculate on an exact date, nor have a go at SI. Simply curious...

The Non-ME fixes and updates would be in the Data update, whatever they might be.

• SI Staff
Known issue of BSN/S clubs building new stadiums still not fixed.

Most likely this is related to the fact that said clubs have stadiums that have no expansion capacity set in the DB. We've done some changes for the future to fill these in with some realistic data to allow smaller clubs to expand existing stadiums instead of having to build whole new stadiums when promoted to leagues that have stadium capacity limits.

Anyone else have the problem where if you click on the French national team and the default page comes up everything is fine but when you click on SENIOR SQUAD and are taken to the page all the top of the page buttons seem to be dimmed out (gradient maybe)? Can someone check?

Please, please give us option to " hide star rating" before we start new game, in advanced options. i heard its just cosmetic thing, so you dont have to change program and unbalance the game. Game is 2 easy even without stars. with stars we can see their potentintial 2 easy. i like when i must think and watch the game to see if some player is good or not. Not stupid stars. it takes out good things from the game.

Please, please give us option to " hide star rating" before we start new game, in advanced options. i heard its just cosmetic thing, so you dont have to change program and unbalance the game. Game is 2 easy even without stars. with stars we can see their potentintial 2 easy. i like when i must think and watch the game to see if some player is good or not. Not stupid stars. it takes out good things from the game.
There is a mod you can download to do it, somewhere. I think Erisumus made it, the guy who makes a lot of the mods

I'm surprised that no one reported this as a bug yet. When I choose numbers for upcoming season and select them by clicking RMB game should give the lowest free number but isn't. Looks like starting eleven numbers are missed and the lowest number seen by game is 12.

I'm surprised that no one reported this as a bug yet. When I choose numbers for upcoming season and select them by clicking RMB game should give the lowest free number but isn't. Looks like starting eleven numbers are missed and the lowest number seen by game is 12.

I expect its an unannounced feature rather than a bug. The idea being that you can auto-pick all the 'meaningless' numbers with RMB as you go down the list, but keeping 1-11 free for when you want to give it to a specific person.

I'm not sure how necessary it is, and it doesn't help my style of number picking at all, but I think it was deliberate

Mhm, I never thought about it as a feature. Looks like I have to change some habits from previous versions, picking numbers with RMB for example ; -)
Yeh same. I used to just RMB the numbers I wanted in ascending order, so it is more of a nuisance than an aid to me unless I change my ways too. Of course I'm only guessing it is deliberate though, I don't actually know.

Trying to find out if the registration problem for Copa Sudamericana ever got fixed. I love playing South American leagues and haven't played one for 6 weeks because of this glaring problem.

I'm playing in SA and in the Copa, haven't experienced any problems.

Not feedback as such, but not worth a new thread.

Does anyone know if during the cup of nations players come back once their team is knocked out, or do they wait till the end of the tournament?

Obviously IRL most of them having been coming back ASAP

I can confirm they come back shortly after their team is knocked out, even while the rest of the tournament continues.

Good work SI!

Most likely this is related to the fact that said clubs have stadiums that have no expansion capacity set in the DB. We've done some changes for the future to fill these in with some realistic data to allow smaller clubs to expand existing stadiums instead of having to build whole new stadiums when promoted to leagues that have stadium capacity limits.

Hopefully the expansion capacities will be sorted out in the next data update, and not just the English clubs' data. Also it would be great if the expansion capacities would not be set to a high number such as 50 000 (unless it is warranted) like it was in many cases in FM 12. Clubs essentially would not build new stadiums, because they just practically endlessly expanded their original ones.

I'm playing in SA and in the Copa, haven't experienced any problems.

Interesting. It's shown up in discussions here before, specifically right after 13.2.1 was released, and I've never seen anything saying it's fixed. My scenario was winning promotion to the top Chilean league, qualifying for Copa Sudamericana the next season, and when the time came around to register for the Copa, the option never appeared. I would think if it had been fixed it would have been mentioned in either the 13.2.2 update or the current one and I don't see it (and don't want to waste the time playing just to find it's still wrong).

Interesting. It's shown up in discussions here before, specifically right after 13.2.1 was released, and I've never seen anything saying it's fixed. My scenario was winning promotion to the top Chilean league, qualifying for Copa Sudamericana the next season, and when the time came around to register for the Copa, the option never appeared. I would think if it had been fixed it would have been mentioned in either the 13.2.2 update or the current one and I don't see it (and don't want to waste the time playing just to find it's still wrong).

Playing in Argentine Prem and didn't need to register, it was automatic.

Are you sure promotion from the Chilean second tier qualifies you? I didn't qualify for getting promoted from the Argentine second div.

just a suggestion. I would like to see an option when looking at a shortlist to tell my scouts to get reports for all the players on the list. When you have the list filtered to say Defenders, and you select scout list, it would scout only those players. I find myself doing a lot of right clicking on each player to tell them to do that same thing. It kinda makes me not want to save anybody to the list unless I am actively transferring the player.

just a suggestion. I would like to see an option when looking at a shortlist to tell my scouts to get reports for all the players on the list. When you have the list filtered to say Defenders, and you select scout list, it would scout only those players. I find myself doing a lot of right clicking on each player to tell them to do that same thing. It kinda makes me not want to save anybody to the list unless I am actively transferring the player.

You can use ctrl or shift to choose multiple players and right click (etc) to have them all scouted.

Playing in Argentine Prem and didn't need to register, it was automatic.

Are you sure promotion from the Chilean second tier qualifies you? I didn't qualify for getting promoted from the Argentine second div.

Timeline was:

Year 2 promotion to Chilean First Division

Year 3 qualified for Copa Sudamericana

Year 4 played in Copa Sudamericana and couldn't register players.

I have to say the prices clubs want for their players is unreal, 355 mill i was quoted for a player, he wasnt even that good, 178 mill ive just bought a player for, seems bout the standard rate for a half decent player, 2026 im in now by the way

has anyone notice in your saves AI managers beeing sacked for almost no reason at all?

In my recent manager, Ancelloti just got fired from PSG after 12 league games. They are 6th in the table, but only 3 points from the leader.

In other save i've played Chelsea, Madrid, Arsenal and Bayern sacked their managers early in the season.

It just seem, after the patch, AI teams are firing more.

Press interview;

"Johnny Rossitor has been a bit pap recently hasn't he? He's been completely letting your team down wouldn't you agree?"

Me = "Erm excuse me? Hold on..." *checks form*

Last 14 games, lowest rating 7.00, highest rating 9.6, Average of 7.59

Me = "You must be clueless, he's in top form..."

following day...

"FORMER player says Rossitor can't handle the pressure and his recent crappy performances mean he should be dropped."

I've no idea if this is a bug or intended. 7.6/7.7/INJ/INJ/INJ/7.2/7/7 Are his previous match ratings... Really if a 7 is a crap performance I dread what they think of the guys churning out a 6...

178 mill ive just bought a player for, seems bout the standard rate for a half decent player

It categorically isn't.

That kind of price arises only if you buy someone both fully established and in favour in a world-class team, without making any attempts to unsettle them first. Its not the developer's fault you chose to pay 178 million.

If you look for good players who are young, or just going through a bad patch, you can get them much much cheaper.

If you have 178 million to spend, you could easily spend that on about 20 youngsters who will in 2 or 3 years be just as good as whoever you signed.

I have to say the prices clubs want for their players is unreal, 355 mill i was quoted for a player, he wasnt even that good, 178 mill ive just bought a player for, seems bout the standard rate for a half decent player, 2026 im in now by the way

The AI must love you dearly if you're paying that much for players...

I have seen a few clubs quote stupid money for players, but this is usually a tactic to stop clubs making bids. Were you buying from Daniel Levy or something? The most I've ever spent was an established PL striker who had just won the Golden Boot - 43 million. Unless you've edited the db in some adverse way, there is no way that is "the going rate" for an average player.

Is there anything that can be done to stop an extreme amount of newgens being generated when starting a new game? I ask because I've been playing with the Level 11 DB, and it's generated thousands of newgens, yet I don't have most of the English players in the DB. Surely the newgen should only load enough to cover the shortfall...

Might be worth asking in the editors forum to rule out any known issues when activating the lower leagues, there must a couple of hundred teams that need to generate newgens when leagues down to level 11 are activated.

Is there anything that can be done to stop an extreme amount of newgens being generated when starting a new game? I ask because I've been playing with the Level 11 DB, and it's generated thousands of newgens, yet I don't have most of the English players in the DB. Surely the newgen should only load enough to cover the shortfall...

One of the options on starting a new game is "add players to playable clubs" (or words to that effect). Make sure this is not ticked.

Is league prize money dynamic? As in, if you make your league the highest rep through great european performances, will prize money go up accordingly?

It is definitely dynamic for some leagues, but I believe some are fixed due to licensing. Fairly sure that was the case when the dynamic stuff came in, it may have changed since.

A different issue from the usual with loans:

JohnDoggart_NewsInbox_zps4146cc92.jpg

Basically I signed the player and gave him a £0 release fee for foreign clubs. Now, a club has come in with a loan offer, and it has automatically been accepted due to the release fee agreement. I am stuck paying 60% of his wages and getting no use from him. I would have accepted the offer anyway, but surely this isn't WAD? Is this an oversight that rarely comes up so hasn't been spotted, surely the release fee should be for full transfers only?

edit: Spoilers work oddly in this forum, is there no way to hide a big picture like that? Used to doing so the page doesn't slow down for those with slow internet.

edit 2: I was able to cancel it from the Transfers screen, so not as bad as I thought. Though I actually wanted him to go, only tried it as a test, let's hope someone else comes in for him...

There is a bit of a bug with some messages.

I signed a striker and in his third game he scored a goal,I then got the message saying "player X finally scored for Tonbridge after 22 games without a goal for them"..There was then some other part to the message saying I had done well to stick with him after such a barren patch for the team,I take it he maybe did not score for his old team and somehow the coding does not tell that apart.

The next 1 is a player I have had at the team for 2 seasons,he was always a CM but could also play as a striker.

I played him the first season as his main position CM and then decided to play him as a striker in the next season.

He scored in his very first game I then get the message going on about he had never scored in some 30 odd games and the club had done well to keep faith in him.

Again the coding is not right here.

I know this issue has been probably raised many times but it has never been solved. I do not like how the pre game odds and the whole reputation things are assessed. I manage Man city, I have won absolutely everything in the past two seasons including CL twice in a row yet when I face a big team (Man Utd, Real Madrid) I am always an underdog (away Iam huge underdog). I might be on 50 games winning streak and my opposition might be having the worst season ever but this is just not taken into account. In the pre season Champions league oberview, I was established as the third favourite team to win after Madrid and Man U. I have beaten both of them terribly in the past two years and I have arguably the best squad in the wolrd but Iam still not the major favourite which is stupid. I think everyone knows what I mean by this. it is not game breaking but definitely annoying especially because it has been in the game for ages.

Also, please do something with AI´s ability to build squad in the long run. After few years the game becomes ridiculously easy. Also, many players with great potential rot in reserves because their current ability is not good enough. Also teams waste millions on players who then play one game per season.

Also, please do something with AI´s ability to build squad in the long run. After few years the game becomes ridiculously easy. Also, many players with great potential rot in reserves because their current ability is not good enough. Also teams waste millions on players who then play one game per season.

100% agreed.

I would also add on playing one (or zero) games season after season.... and then signing a new contract.

Neil Brock said that in their soak tests AI clubs were keeping the same strength at the club over the years, but it really doesn't manifest in a realistic manner. They may need to re-evaluate if their soak tests are looking for the right things.

Archived