*Official* FM 13 Update 13.2.3 - Non-ME Constructive Discussion & Feedback

100% agreed.

I would also add on playing one (or zero) games season after season.... and then signing a new contract.

Neil Brock said that in their soak tests AI clubs were keeping the same strength at the club over the years, but it really doesn't manifest in a realistic manner. They may need to re-evaluate if their soak tests are looking for the right things.

Their soak tests are then absolutely worthless because AI can not develop squads, period.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess SI do not have the rights to use names of couple of the biggest Portuguese clubs. Does that restriction in some form extend to the rest of the Portuguese clubs as well? It seems that any club from Portugal can only have "short name". No separate long and short names. If the limitation is only with a few of the clubs, why are all of the clubs affected by it? If it is all about only FCP and LSB, could it be possible to make other teams' names "normal" and fully malleable by editor and *.lnc files?

I guess SI do not have the rights to use names of couple of the biggest Portuguese clubs. Does that restriction in some form extend to the rest of the Portuguese clubs as well? It seems that any club from Portugal can only have "short name". No separate long and short names. If the limitation is only with a few of the clubs, why are all of the clubs affected by it? If it is all about only FCP and LSB, could it be possible to make other teams' names "normal" and fully malleable by editor and *.lnc files?

It applies to all Portuguese clubs and is indeed due to licensing issues, for that reason you can't discuss circumventing it on these forums.

It applies to all Portuguese clubs and is indeed due to licensing issues, for that reason you can't discuss circumventing it on these forums.

OK.

I thought the licensing issue may have applied only to the clubs that do not have real names. As far as I can see the overwhelming majority actually do have the same somewhat genuine names they always used to have in FM, with the exception that there cannot be distinct long and short names. If I may say so, without knowing much about licensing, I do find it a bit odd that for example Nacional da Madeira (as they are called in the game) cannot be called that and just Nacional as well.

Club status growth is still extremely gimmicky and frustrating.

You can bring a team from the lowest possible league to the highest, win the highest league 1-2 times in a row and you will still have:

a) The 1/10th of the most premier sides sponsorship.

b) Less than half of the budget of a premier side team.

c) Close to noone of premier quality player wanting to join for you.

d) Around the same season tickets sold as when you were in the lowest league. Once again, nothing compared to the other premier side teams.

Point a,b,c and d are all fine, because obviously noone will consider a team that has won the premier league 1-3 times in their whole history a big deal and that's correct and realistic,but:

a) Winning the league one time causes the board to demand to at least challenge it again from the very next year. It doesn't matter if they are cheap morons who will sell your key players for peanuts without asking for your permission, they want that title again.

b) Even after winning the title for many seasons in a row, the problem persists. You will still have close to nothing on sponsorships and tickets ,regardless if you have been in the premier for 20 years and won it like 15 times in that time.

So, there needs to be a middle ground there. Expectations grow too fast, status grows too fast, but the actual team grows too slow. The 2 sides are extremely afar from each other and even though there has been some work done on this in FM13, it's still pretty evident.

PS: This problem is less evident when managing in England, due to the extreme amounts of prize money, but it's still there. Take a BSS/BSP side to the premier and see for yourself how much effort it will take for your main sponsorship deal to exceed 1.5-2M.

I think something which could be worth considering is when it is in a World Cup, European Championship year or which ever tournament, well the warm-up friendlies prior to the competition could have the option for a neutral venue, but in the country in which said tournament is being held rather than just home or away.

I know this issue has been probably raised many times but it has never been solved. I do not like how the pre game odds and the whole reputation things are assessed. I manage Man city, I have won absolutely everything in the past two seasons including CL twice in a row yet when I face a big team (Man Utd, Real Madrid) I am always an underdog (away Iam huge underdog). I might be on 50 games winning streak and my opposition might be having the worst season ever but this is just not taken into account. In the pre season Champions league oberview, I was established as the third favourite team to win after Madrid and Man U. I have beaten both of them terribly in the past two years and I have arguably the best squad in the wolrd but Iam still not the major favourite which is stupid. I think everyone knows what I mean by this. it is not game breaking but definitely annoying especially because it has been in the game for ages.

Also, please do something with AI´s ability to build squad in the long run. After few years the game becomes ridiculously easy. Also, many players with great potential rot in reserves because their current ability is not good enough. Also teams waste millions on players who then play one game per season.

I agree this feature of the game has been bugging me a lot, the game should account for my squad value, current ability, and performance in the last 5 games weighted against my performance the whole season and then odds structured comparatively to other clubs in the same league/competition. Odds should also be dynamic, these should change in the game. And if you are performing say well at the start of the season, there should be news stories that account for that with reports that indicate the odds of you winning the league are shortening. The only reason I see this as being "tough" is that they need to be linked back into the match engine and performances, and how over a span of 50 years different clubs move up and down the ladders.

Whenever there is a board takeover and there is an injection of funds, then there should also be a corresponding increase to ambition, and this should be tied back into the clubs desire to a. Hire coaches, pick up talented youngsters.

There should be varying kinds of ambition

a. Clubs with no ambition

b. Clubs with local ambitions

c. Clubs with national ambitions

d. Clubs with regional ambitions

e. clubs with international ambitions

Clubs should then move up and down this whenever a board is taken over, even in AI teams a team can move up and down within these ambition levels. I've played 10 years and I haven't seen my staff poached once?

• Administrators
Hi, few issues I've noticed:

1.) Duplicate options in various categories and topics when comment on other managers.

2zp1q9z.jpg

2.) One of my key players has been described as "appears to be having serious problems blending into the squad" by my assistant manager despite having made more than 100 league appearances in total for the club.

3.) One of my newly generated regen's face changed completely after the game crashed not long after the intake of youth players, the older regens are fine, not sure about the other newly generated regens as I only remembered that particular regen due to his relatively high potential rating.

Thanks for reading.

probably posted already but if not here it is:

clubs keep offering to loan my players but 98% of the time the deal falls through as they don't have the funds

can you install some financial sense into the AI please?

Issues should be posted in the bugs forum so the correct people can tend to it if it's not been looked at already

Archived