FM13: Portsmouth FC - Still No Money, Still No Players!

Ty

In the third season, and all is well on the pitch. With 6 games left to play I'm in 2nd place, 7 points clear of 3rd and in excellent form.

Off the pitch: not so good. Still in a considerable amount of debt. I got the wage budget under control, then a couple of contracted wage hikes kicked in. Got the wage budget under control again, then my head of youth development signed a bunch of average-looking youth candidates. To top things off the Health and Safety Commission have closed one of Fratton Park's stands due to poor maintenance.

On the bright side, the last repayments on £10mln worth of loans will be paid at the end of May. Hopefully that will leave me with a bit of money to spend so I can ready my squad for life in the Championship.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Second Season after just surviving , I won League 1 quite comfortable, losing only 6 games the season, finishing on 98 points, i will get screenshots up later.

Had the bear essentials to play with finance wise, funds are still insecure, so signed hardly anyone, managed to keep most of the team from last season, releasing the big named players, signed Racon and Elford-Alliyu.

Elford-Alliyu i would recommend as a good signing even if you go down to League 2, finished on 20 goals, Dan Thompson chipped in with 10 goals, I trained Dan Butler to develop Long Bullet throws, and with Mkwandire benefiting scoring 9 goals from central defence, just wondering now how much im going to have to play with for the Championship, as i had to spend most of my left over wages to resign for at least a year Webster and Butler. Wish me luck

I finished 8th in the 2nd season, just outside of the playoffs, I did though manage to WIN the JPT!

My wage budget has been cut yet again, offloaded a lot of the older players (Litmanen, Bouba Diop, Nicky Weaver, Ertl, Gyepes) and managed to pick up decent Loan players + re-signing Harris and getting a few decent players (Harry Arter, James Harper) on Free transfers

Well i know my budget for my season in the Championship

Avoid Relegation i get £0 transfer budget and 31k wages budget

Mid Table i get £0 transfer and 33k wages

Top Half i get £0 transfer and 34k wages

and im currently due to contract bonuses at 38k wage budget, this season will be interesting

Ty, are you doing the GPTG thread for Pompey next version?

I will be, unless you want to do it?

I am not fully in the know with all the situations and information if I am honest, but I like to make things look pretty and easy on the eye :brock:

Just left Premier League WBA to join my beloved Pompey - who are in League Two and struggling in season 2018/19. Desperately need defenders, getting hammered in the FA Cup by Exeter is not good... so any ideas for cheap, very cheap players in that season would be appreciated

Hey guys, big things are happening at Pompey this season, with them already having signed a bunch of players for the new season and a fresh start for them now they're out of administration! With a new start in League 2, myself and dupeball have been updating the DB to make it as realistic to the 13/14 season as possible. I've already had a beta file out, but I'm releasing the newer file today at 2pm, with all of the transfers up to date and Pompey in league 2 out of administration.

Head over to http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/354043-DaveMUFCs-Mega-Summer-2013-Transfer-Update to grab it and enjoy rebuilding the Pompey dynasty back up! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I used one of the tycoon save games in season 1 and 4 season later i'm in the Prem fighting for top 4.

Last season finished 5th. Have players like Hamsik, Ericsson, Cisse, Balotelli (beast), Xhaka, Sawcross, Fabio, Handanovic, Boyata,

Really enjoying the challenge as the team is good enough to finish top 4 but my role is to keep the team up.

Chairman keeps pumping money into the club.

My problem is I can't seem to get any feeder clubs. The board says they can't find any suitable clubs.

Anyone had this problem?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys just started a game with the mighty pompey. Started off a little slow then suddenly gained some momentum

9458265778_3f53d2bb52_c.jpg

2013-08-06_00002 by Schmeichel2011, on Flickr

I had the same thing happen to me and got taken over by the brazilian consortium...

9458265428_a6fd21401e_c.jpg

2013-08-06_00006 by Schmeichel2011, on Flickr

So which gave me around £975k which i spent a little on contracts...

9458265842_7b03cfaa0d_c.jpg

2013-08-06_00001 by Schmeichel2011, on Flickr

In one of my earliest games got absoluetly hammered by Birmingham...

9458265670_a5252de9eb_c.jpg

2013-08-06_00003 by Schmeichel2011, on Flickr

Current squad stats...

9455485079_1b6a52e9d1_c.jpg

2013-08-06_00004 by Schmeichel2011, on Flickr

I just had an urge to start a Portsmouth save because I fancied the challenge of having no money or players and being in administration etc. As soon as I started up the club had the transfer embargo lifted after paying money back to the PFA and could 'conduct transfers normally'. Although I actually can't sign anyone on loan, free or even on trial. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all. I guess until a takeover has gone through, whenever that may be, I won't be able to. It kind of makes it even more of a thrill for me making the best of the players I've got and some of the young players are looking good with a few I think can make an impact in the first team.

I got taken over Mid-August but wasn't able to sign anyone until just after the window shut so I've got hopefully a few frees coming in soon. I don't want to overload the squad with too many players just to boost numbers though. The skeleton squad have started to string together some pleasing results and have moved up to 6th in the league.

started a classic save last week. season 1, i survived relegation only after final game on goal difference finishing 20th place. 15 matches played, out of cups and 14th in the lleague table. Currently playing 2 tactic...

1) 442 (AML AMR), Balanced Mentally, Short Passing

2) 433(3*MC, 3*ST), Attacking, Direct Passing

No transfer $, wages above budget, club are losing money every money. Any advice on tactic, players to loan and how to help the club from losing money every month?

I think the game is a bit messed up when it comes to Pompey.

When they're human managed, they can't make transfers, they don't have money...but when the AI is in charge, they can make loan offers almost straight off from day one, which is really saddening. My Pompey game failed miserably due to the transfer ban.

Hi guys. Started a game as Pompey using the original database due to the flaws/bug in 13.3. Just curious as to if it is normal for a takeover negotiation/talks to last four/five months? I've been unable to make any transfers and it's nearing January now.

So, I'm not under administration anymore, but anytime a loan-deal is completed, I get the message "Deal could not be completed".

How can that be?

EDIT: Do I need to be "taken over" first, before I can sign loans again?

'Cause I was under the impression that I just needed to get out of administration.

Sorry, can't help on answering your question, but when I tried them in FMC on the original patch, it was impossible to do deals for some months after the takeover and end of administration. I just managed to avoid relegation but 2nd season was even tougher. I think, in FM14, Pompey will be a much more enjoyable game.

Just out of curiosity: Is it possible to be taken over twice with the same club?

Fx. if you get taken over by a consortium, is it then possible to be taken over by a tycoon later on in the game?

I assume so. In one of my saves Granada had a tycoon takeover and than 4 years later had another tycoon takeover :D So reckon a consortium than a tycoon is more than possible, just all depends on luck I feel.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the 2014 thread. Pompey are great to play this season although the board expect promotion!

I've brought in Emile Mpeza and old favourites Aaron Mokoena and Darryl Flahaven!

Had to loan out a few youngsters to make ends meet and have transferred out Holmes, Barcham (I dont user wingers) and Smith (bizarrely Cardiff wanted him!).

Connolly is wicked, Painter excellent and a youth player called Rwakarambwe Is already playing first team occasionally at the tender age of 16!

Top of the league in Feb.

Cruising at the top of League 1 right now. Brought back Scott Allan, he's now the centre of my midfield and dictating play, fantastic player.

Biggest issue I've found is the short shelf life of Connoly and Adgymang. Patrick has been sold and Connoly is hanging out as a player coach.

I'm going to struggle for goals next season once I'm in the Championship. Harris is still my best striker and money is tight. Still enjoying the save greatly - would recommend to anyone!

Cruising at the top of League 1 right now. Brought back Scott Allan, he's now the centre of my midfield and dictating play, fantastic player.

Biggest issue I've found is the short shelf life of Connoly and Adgymang. Patrick has been sold and Connoly is hanging out as a player coach.

I'm going to struggle for goals next season once I'm in the Championship. Harris is still my best striker and money is tight. Still enjoying the save greatly - would recommend to anyone!

Agyemang is a good striker and still performs in league one. I signed Lee Barnard the season after and he scored for fun. Unfortunately, I joined Bolton shortly later :(

Agreed Agyemang probably had one season in L1 in him, he wasn't getting game time as I have Tom Hopper on loan, brought in Chris Dagnal (?) And a guy called Michael Smith, also have a couple of promising youngsters so Patrick wasn't getting game time and I needed the wages. Sad to see him go.

I managed to finish 5th in League 2 and went up through the play-offs - I basically stuck with the starting squad and added a couple of youngsters and got Etheridge from Fulham and Leven from Notts County on loan. In League 1 I'm currently 7th going into November, I managed to get the 2 loanees on frees and again added a few decent free youngsters.

After flirting with the play-offs for a while the 'fm slump (where you start losing for no apparent reason and nothing works)' hit and I ended up 13th, although the board only wanted avoid relegation. Had a mass clearout in the summer with 19 releases and a few sales but kept the core youngsters like Wallace, Harris etc as they were playing well (Wallace was L1 player of the year) and added a few youngsters and some experience like Jenas and Pasanan - started the season really well with 8 straight wins and was top then hit a sticky patch but stayed top 2, then had an 'fm slump' and dropped to 10th by November, but mini-revival sees me 5th in January, but the board want promotion. Bit disappointed at the lack of funds though as still not given a transfer budget higher than £0 and wages only 58k pw even though the club has £8m in the bank and I never got much of what I generated from sales either. If I do go up I can't see me being able to sign the players needed to stay there.

Somehow managed to finish 3rd and go up through the play-offs so the hard work starts now of trying to stay in the championship. The board have given £4.6m funds and upped the wage budget to £115k pw but finding good players who will join is a nightmare. Looks like I'll be relying on the core of players that got me up to try and stay up - on the plus side a few of the youngsters have turned out very good - Ashley Harris got 31 goals in 47 games.

I am really struggling to get into FM14, and I have had very limited spare time lately, playing FM13 is a lot more relaxing for me at the moment.

If anyone wants to do the Pompey thread for FM14, then feel free to create the thread :) would be good to get it up and running.

I am really struggling to get into FM14, and I have had very limited spare time lately, playing FM13 is a lot more relaxing for me at the moment.

If anyone wants to do the Pompey thread for FM14, then feel free to create the thread :) would be good to get it up and running.

Someone had already started one here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/371265-FM14-Portsmouth-Kings-of-the-South-Coast so it might be worth you posting in there to get it going.

Archived