FM13: Portsmouth FC - Still No Money, Still No Players!

Ty

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder why other peoples' embargoes haven't been lifted then? Strange.

Basically the embargo has been lifted which allows us to sell players but because we are still in administration ( I don't understand why we're in administration) we cannot buy or loan any players regardless if it costs us £0 and £0 in wages. Flukey said his club came out of administration in April 2013, which makes me begin to think that once the £1.3m loan is paid off in April 2013 that the club then comes out of administration.

Basically the embargo has been lifted which allows us to sell players but because we are still in administration ( I don't understand why we're in administration) we cannot buy or loan any players regardless if it costs us £0 and £0 in wages. Flukey said his club came out of administration in April 2013, which makes me begin to think that once the £1.3m loan is paid off in April 2013 that the club then comes out of administration.

Sheer, the Portsmouth researcher would know more but they are expected to come out of admin in real life in April 2013, so maybe it has somehting to do with that?

It's really, really hard with Pompey. Just come out of the January transfer window in first season, still in administration so can't sign anyone. Like others have said, I was taken over by a brazilian consortium early July or something. I have injuries galore, my best players getting signed on a free, and an average age of my team about 19 or something now.

Needless to say, I'm 23rd, 16 points off safety.

Ouch.

After the whole debacle regarding the whole administration/embargo stuff in the bugs section, I came out of administration in early October, apparently. I too had the Brazilian takeover, so it must be hardcoded. I got to work very quickly, as I didn't have a great deal of time to assemble a team. This is my first team as of January.

Those already at the club are in italics.

Goalkeepers

Yves Ma Kalambay, Rob Elliot, Patrick Bantamoi

Defenders

Pascal Chimbonda, Adam Webster, Délis Ahou, Hubertson Pauletta, Mirko Palazzi, Shaleum Logan, Grégory Vignal, Gábor Gyepes, Sam Sodje, Damion Stewart, Zander Diamond, Roman Golobart (Loan), Stephen Darby, Federico Bessone

Midfielders

Jaime Peters, Amine Linganzi, Ferrie Bodde, Papa Bouba Diop, Hérold Goulon, Samir Carruthers (Loan), Harry Kewell, Abdul Razak (Loan), Jed Wallace, Ashley Harris

Forwards

Nwankwo Kanu, Jari Litmanen, Jordan Bowery (Loan), Nakhi Wells, Dan Thompson

Currently 19th in the league, with Litmanen scoring 5 in 8 and Kanu on 4 in 16. Not bad for a strike duo with a combined age of 77.

After the whole debacle regarding the whole administration/embargo stuff in the bugs section, I came out of administration in early October, apparently. I too had the Brazilian takeover, so it must be hardcoded. I got to work very quickly, as I didn't have a great deal of time to assemble a team. This is my first team in December.

Those already at the club are in italics.

Goalkeepers

Yves Ma Kalambay, Patrick Bantamoi, Gunnar Nielsen

Defenders

Pascal Chimbonda, Adam Webster, Délis Ahou, Hubertson Pauletta, Johannes Ertl, Grégory Vignal, Gábor Gyepes, Sam Sodje, Damion Stewart, Alex Grant, Roman Golobart (Loan), Federico Bessone, Dan Butler

Midfielders

Jaime Peters, Amine Linganzi, Ferrie Bodde, Papa Bouba Diop, Jed Wallace, Ashley Harris

Forwards

Nwankwo Kanu, Jari Litmanen, David Connolly, Dan Thompson

Thanks to the new board's transfer budget and some pretty good dealings, I'm getting Zander Diamond, Stephen Darby, Nahki Wells and Rimini's Sammarinese defender Mirko Palazzi in January. Got Aston Villa as a parent club and they're talking up a Samir Carruthers loan deal.

Currently 19th in the league, with Litmanen scoring 5 in 8 and Kanu on 4 in 16. Not bad for a strike duo with a combined age of 77.

October? :eek:

I saved my game on 29th Sept and put it into 'holiday mode' to see when we would actually come out of administration. Needless to say we were out of administration by the 8th March once a CVA had been agreed.

October? :eek:

I saved my game on 29th Sept and put it into 'holiday mode' to see when we would actually come out of administration. Needless to say we were out of administration by the 8th March once a CVA had been agreed.

Yup. I too holidayed. I did a month, ended up in mid-october and Ben from the bugs section told me that I'd came out a few days earlier.

Yup. I too holidayed. I did a month, ended up in mid-october and Ben from the bugs section told me that I'd came out a few days earlier.

I have reloaded my save from that Sept date and have put my side on holiday mode using my tactics etc until 1 week before free transfer/loans deadline day so hopefully I will come out of admin 8th march so I can go out and sign some players on loan and free transfers and hopefully it's not too late to save our sorry season.

Wish I could of come out of admin in October! :)

So is it random as to when you come out of it?

Upon my 2nd holiday mode, we came out of administration on 8th March virtually the same as my last load. It would seem that it varies on different saves but is pre-determined upon the initial save as to when it will actually come out of admin as this is the 2nd time that it is the exact same date. Flukey reported April and Swinburn reported in October!

Yea its not me who sets that.

I think by the looks of things, they're hardcoded to come out of administration in the first season, just it's not determined when. I mean, so many of us get that Brazilian takeover, yet nonleague has had Paulo Odone say that they're thinking of taking away investment, whereas the board have given me more.

I played Pompey on FMC a few months ago and survived season 1 after a takeover gave about £400k. Year 2 was harder and I got sacked when in mid-table.

On the new version it seems you guys are finding it even tougher! I've read the comments more carefully now and see that you can't even bring in free transfer/out of contract players, or use non-contributory loans before the embargo and/or administration ends.

Can you sign youth players (17 or under) from other clubs, or bring in non-contract players (appearance fees only) before you achieve freedom?

I played Pompey on FMC a few months ago and survived season 1 after a takeover gave about £400k. Year 2 was harder and I got sacked when in mid-table.

On the new version it seems you guys are finding it even tougher! I've read the comments more carefully now and see that you can't even bring in free transfer/out of contract players, or use non-contributory loans before the embargo and/or administration ends.

Can you sign youth players (17 or under) from other clubs, or bring in non-contract players (appearance fees only) before you achieve freedom?

You cannot sign anyone period! The other problem is that you will lose around 7 players come the end of february, so if you do not come out of administration by that time then you're really up jacks creek!

You cannot sign anyone period! The other problem is that you will lose around 7 players come the end of february, so if you do not come out of administration by that time then you're really up jacks creek!

Is it also the same as FM12 where second season they want promotion regardless of your position financially. I finished 3rd in the Championship on last years version with so many 1-0's and 0-0's with loads of U18's playing and then second season they slashed the wage budget and wanted me to win the title. I was 6th after about 10 games and insecure so I just stopped playing as I thought it was a bit unfair.

Is it also the same as FM12 where second season they want promotion regardless of your position financially. I finished 3rd in the Championship on last years version with so many 1-0's and 0-0's with loads of U18's playing and then second season they slashed the wage budget and wanted me to win the title. I was 6th after about 10 games and insecure so I just stopped playing as I thought it was a bit unfair.

I was relegated and the board requests that we must win League 2. I have been given a transfer budget of £26 (yes, 26 quid!) and wage budget of £27kpw.

Thanks for confirming what I feared you would say.

I actually like having a really small squad, and don't even mind being relegated, but I like to be able to have players I want (free, youth, loans etc). When you look at that starting squad I am not sure I would want to keep any of them, and that leaves me undecided whether to make the effort just in the hope of being able to sign my own men at some point in the future.

I enjoyed the FMC game with Pompey, and just had a great time taking Gillingham to the Premier League in 4 seasons but this is maybe a step too far. Incidentally, my first FM13 game was at Rangers and you could buy a few players (even for cash) at the start there before the embargo kicked in. During the embargo you were allowed to sign youths (17 or under) and as you had funds I even picked up Alen Halilovic from Dinamo for £1 million in season 1 or 2.

Good luck trying to achieve promotion 'nonleague' and let us hope your user name does not become relevant to your Pompey save! If you need any ideas on loans and free players, take a look at my Gills update on the lower league thread for some name ideas. That was done pre-transfer update but the likes of Dale Bennett, Cauley Woodrow, Joe Garner, Nick Arnold, Chris Hegarty, Mark Yeates or even ex-Pompey player Valery Mezague may be able to do a job for you without costing a penny. From my time in Scotland I can also recommend Jamie Longworth (free) and Barrie McKay. In a much warmer region of the world there is also a current international striker (should be good for a work permit) available for free. He has all the right stats (in the new database too) and is under 30, but I haven't used him yet so won't name him until I do.

Good luck to others busy down at Fratton Park, I will let you know if I am brave enough to join you!

Thanks for confirming what I feared you would say.

I actually like having a really small squad, and don't even mind being relegated, but I like to be able to have players I want (free, youth, loans etc). When you look at that starting squad I am not sure I would want to keep any of them, and that leaves me undecided whether to make the effort just in the hope of being able to sign my own men at some point in the future.

I enjoyed the FMC game with Pompey, and just had a great time taking Gillingham to the Premier League in 4 seasons but this is maybe a step too far. Incidentally, my first FM13 game was at Rangers and you could buy a few players (even for cash) at the start there before the embargo kicked in. During the embargo you were allowed to sign youths (17 or under) and as you had funds I even picked up Alen Halilovic from Dinamo for £1 million in season 1 or 2.

Good luck trying to achieve promotion 'nonleague' and let us hope your user name does not become relevant to your Pompey save! If you need any ideas on loans and free players, take a look at my Gills update on the lower league thread for some name ideas. That was done pre-transfer update but the likes of Dale Bennett, Cauley Woodrow, Joe Garner, Nick Arnold, Chris Hegarty, Mark Yeates or even ex-Pompey player Valery Mezague may be able to do a job for you without costing a penny. From my time in Scotland I can also recommend Jamie Longworth (free) and Barrie McKay. In a much warmer region of the world there is also a current international striker (should be good for a work permit) available for free. He has all the right stats (in the new database too) and is under 30, but I haven't used him yet so won't name him until I do.

Good luck to others busy down at Fratton Park, I will let you know if I am brave enough to join you!

Well we lost 8 of our last 9 games and needless to say finished in 24th place with our job status as 'very insecure'. I asked the board for more time to turn things around, which they agreed they would give me more time. I then asked to renew my contract as it was expiring and they would not renew it, needless to say they sacked me on the 25th June! :(

I have now created a new manager to pick up from where I left off. I had made some decent signings prior to my sacking to prepare us for League 2. I am expected to win the league and have a wage budget of £30k pw with £0 transfer funds.

I signed players such as: Emile Mpenza, Harry Kewell, Litmanen, Ben Amos, David Prutton, Mido and John Pantsil, needless to say we only won 1 game with these players in the 7 games that they played and so I brought the following players in to help us challenge to win the League 2 title..Salif Diao, Krystian Pearce, Tamika Mkandawire, Neal Bishop, Paul Keegan, Chiro N'Toko, Mark Cullen,

Loans: Chris Whelpdale and Daniel Johnson.

A hard season indeed and good luck in your 'reinvention'. You should be capable of promotion with £30k wage budget.

I used Mkandawire in my FMC game at Pompey, his versatility should be valuable. Whelpdale did OK for me at Gillingham in my first season there. I don't have any experience with the others but Keegan and Johnson could be useful. If you can loan Cauley Woodrow I would highly recommend it.

Edit: I just decided to start a Bournemouth save to test a few things (my first game on the latest update), and on my second day in the job it says Pompey are expecting a takeover within the next few weeks. If that takes them out of administration I wish I was down there instead!

Further edit: 10 days later (27 July) Pompey are taken over and the new owners are making £1.3 million available. Meanwhile I am stuck by the beach in Bournemouth, it's probably raining, I have £90k to spend, can't move on any of the players I don't want, and can't bring in the ones I did want. I feel a bit like Harry Redknapp must have done, wishing I was further down the coast. On the plus side I just realised I am able to recall Wesley Thomas from his loan (ex-Pompey) and he is going to be my first choice striker.

A hard season indeed and good luck in your 'reinvention'. You should be capable of promotion with £30k wage budget.

I used Mkandawire in my FMC game at Pompey, his versatility should be valuable. Whelpdale did OK for me at Gillingham in my first season there. I don't have any experience with the others but Keegan and Johnson could be useful. If you can loan Cauley Woodrow I would highly recommend it.

Edit: I just decided to start a Bournemouth save to test a few things (my first game on the latest update), and on my second day in the job it says Pompey are expecting a takeover within the next few weeks. If that takes them out of administration I wish I was down there instead!

Further edit: 10 days later (27 July) Pompey are taken over and the new owners are making £1.3 million available. Meanwhile I am stuck by the beach in Bournemouth, it's probably raining, I have £90k to spend, can't move on any of the players I don't want, and can't bring in the ones I did want. I feel a bit like Harry Redknapp must have done, wishing I was further down the coast. On the plus side I just realised I am able to recall Wesley Thomas from his loan (ex-Pompey) and he is going to be my first choice striker.

Keep an eye to see when Pompey actually come out of administration as although they have funds available they will still be unable to transfer players etc until that is removed. Good luck with Bournemouth! I still cannot believe they actually sacked me when we were predicted to finish 24th and had hardly any players to select and they said they would give me more time and monitor me. Well, we did not kick a ball again so what monitoring they did I really don't know!

@ nonleague.

Pompey came out of admin some time between August and November (loans and frees in August, another loan in September, two more in November). They just spent £160k in the Jan 2013 window (and I let them have David James for free) but are still 24th.

My Bournemouth team have struggled and it's taken a 10-game unbeaten run to get me to 11th. A squad clearly right for 442 was unable to play anything except 3-2-3-2 (3x cb, 2 x wb, 3 x cm, 2 x st) and it's taken me until this month to be able to offload (for much reduced fees) any of the under-performers. I will hang on until I get sacked or promoted (unlikely) before setting my sat nav towards Fratton Park.

How are you getting on in League 2?

Just finished my first season, finished 20th. Stayed up by 4 points. Coming out of administration in October really helped this. We managed to score 43 in the league, conceding 62. Jari Litmanen scored 8 of those (in 20 games), Kanu got 6 of em (in 22).

Got about six people leaving at the end of their contracts with Rudi Skacel coming in.

Just finished my first season, finished 20th. Stayed up by 4 points. Coming out of administration in October really helped this. We managed to score 43 in the league, conceding 62. Jari Litmanen scored 8 of those (in 20 games), Kanu got 6 of em (in 22).

Got about six people leaving at the end of their contracts with Rudi Skacel coming in.

Good work swinburn. The board will probably reduce your budgets and expect promotion now:confused:

so after being promoted to championship after 2nd season i currently lay 3rd after 12 ganes, won 7, drawn 4, lost 1.

im also playing reading at home in QF of League Cup.

i still have zero money to spend on transfers but my wage budget is around £50k a week.

Signed Adam Le Fondre on loan and he has been awesome. Also loaned Petrucci and Jordi Gomez who are class.

still awaiting a full take over at some point.....

This is just ridiculously hard. I got the takeover from the Brazilian guy like most seem to have. Ive played 6 games in the league, drawing 3 and losing 3. 7-0 away at Walsall was pretty painful as it was 0-0 at half-time.

Brighton bid for Rocha which was automatically accepted so hes gone. I basically never look like scoring so when the opposition do the game is basically over

After 15 league games I had 9 points, winning only one game. November 4th I get a message saying the club is in a stronger financial position and can again sign players, My season starts here!

Finished in 19th place on 51 points! It did go down to the last day of the season so i was sweating abit. For the new campaign my wage budget was 20k, not ideal when i aiming for the playoffs hopefully.

My squad is as follows, loan signings in bold.

Keepers Nikki Bull, Danny Coyne

Defenders Habib Beye, Adam Webster, Gabor Gypes, Gary Borrowdale, Marnick Vermijl, Alex Grant, Dan Butler

Midfielders Amine Linganzi, Nick Montgomery, Jed Wallace, Darren Potter, Johnannes Ertl, Nick Awford

Attacking Midfielders Ross Wallace, David Amoo, Ashley Harris, Bradley Tarbuck

Strikers Jermaine Beckford, Saido Berhino Dan Thompson

Well done on avoiding the drop, it's a good achievement. Next season will be tough and without being harsh I don't think that squad (maybe excluding Ross Wallace and Beckford) will scare your rivals too much ;)

I think that's the trouble with Pompey and other LLM games. You want to build year by year and yet the board raise expectations whilst reducing funding. That happened in my early FMC game with Pompey, then at Gillingham and at Bournemouth. After survival against the odds, or promotion in my latter two examples, you expect at least the same amount of resources and ambition, and yet my 2nd/3rd season squads were usually weaker than my first season. I do aim to give Pompey a go after a sojourn spending serious cash in Paris.

Best of luck down at Fratton Park!

After keeping the club in League 1, I get sacked 9 games into my second season!! I had W3 D3 L3. Not exactly brilliant but after avoiding relegation and having my budget reduced, working with 20k wages and no transfer budget I would say it was abit harsh. There was no mention of my job being under threat, first time ive ever been sacked on any football manager, cant believe it!!

No shame there chnffc, it was always likely to happen. I was sacked in season 2 in my early FMC attempt after keeping them up.

I feel that the expectations of season 2 are a killer and unrealistic at most L1/L2 clubs. It should be a gradual progression where the board maintain a similar (wage) budget and set a more sensible expectancy of stability. A zero transfer budget isn't a problem, but reducing funding AND raising the bar at the same time...really?!?

I will still give it a bash at some point but will expect the same outcome as you!

The chairman is crazy, 1st January change season expextations:

Mid-standing finish - 29.9m/1.3m p/w

Top halk finish - 39m/1.4m p/w

euro cup qual. - 42m/1.5m p/w

Thats pretty insane! With that money, I'd look to rebuild the Portsmouth from the premier league years, I see you've got Boateng and Crouch back, how about bringing Defoe, Muntari, Johnson, Begovic, Distin, Diarra and a few others back? :p

I chose top half finish and i spent them all for transfer listed Romulo from spartak,he looks insane!

Hmm, i tried for Defoe but he didnt want to came and he chose swansea.diarra had some injuries and his stats are **** atm.

I will try to get johnson in the summer window :D

its so hard just started a Portsmouth game. Rocha was bought without my agreement lol. so i had to bring in all the under 17 players from my under 17 squad and a couple of reserves. im not doing to badly at the moment. played 3 in league drawn 2 lost 1. i lost in first game of capital cup. pre season was dire few draws and a heavy loss to Birmingham. it says the transfer embargo has lifted but still cant sign anyone :( its a challenge though :)

No shame there chnffc, it was always likely to happen. I was sacked in season 2 in my early FMC attempt after keeping them up.

I feel that the expectations of season 2 are a killer and unrealistic at most L1/L2 clubs. It should be a gradual progression where the board maintain a similar (wage) budget and set a more sensible expectancy of stability. A zero transfer budget isn't a problem, but reducing funding AND raising the bar at the same time...really?!?

I will still give it a bash at some point but will expect the same outcome as you!

Cheers, just very frustrating as 3/4 of my youngsters were showing real potential. I was confident of sneaking a top half finish but it was not to be. Id definitely be interested to see how you get on :)

When someone has a better starting line up than mine... I will be impressed :D

This is my starting lineup, my CB's are just crazy. I will link 'em all (and regens).

b5b270389fe938072223309b6f7bd77f.png?1364577236

CBs:

Sheppard - The future England/Pompey captain. Poached him from Saints, he supports them (Grr)

Bodin

Preston

Moshoeu

CDM:

Kadzinski

ST:

Woods - My star man, 127 league goals in 136 league games. Has more goals than games in total though.

520f3e559a587cbfcfe4792b3a5f4893.png?1364577555

Noteable mentions:

Fierro - Outstanding, now outscoring Woods.

Redmond - Only player from the Championship squad I have left. England starter and incredibly consistent!

1st of jenuary and chairman gives me 65m and 2m week budget for tittle challenge. :rolleyes:

I have the lead for 3 points atm, my transfers will be hulk,ter stegen and jucilei.

Zefinho, the save that you're using is not from the latest patch.

@ Ty, that's impressive, are you using the latest patch and what season are you in? Did you have a tycoon takeover?

Ive done the Pompey save, not the tycoon download one, got taken over in July by the brazilian like most people, October i am still in adminstration, and now its getting dire for me, lost Rocha has everyone has, long term injuries to Sodje, Gyerps, Ertl and Connolly, just lost my RB Moutaouakill for 7 weeks, think the average age of my starting 11 is 20, my back 4 are 18,18,17,18.

Cannot get anyone in, 7 points from safety, this will be a challenge, im hoping i come out of adminstration before January. What tactics are people using?

With my own save as Barnsley we have the luxury of having Delap on loan first season and he made me so many goals with his missile throw-ins, perhaps look for someone with them? I know last season with Portsmouth when they were under embargo and had a points deduction I used Greg Halford for them and he was responsible for a lot of 1-0 backs to the wall wins from long throws and I got beat in the play-off final.

It's very effective if set up right.

Ive done the Pompey save, not the tycoon download one, got taken over in July by the brazilian like most people, October i am still in adminstration, and now its getting dire for me, lost Rocha has everyone has, long term injuries to Sodje, Gyerps, Ertl and Connolly, just lost my RB Moutaouakill for 7 weeks, think the average age of my starting 11 is 20, my back 4 are 18,18,17,18.

Cannot get anyone in, 7 points from safety, this will be a challenge, im hoping i come out of adminstration before January. What tactics are people using?

In leagueOne and championship i used raikan's 4-5-1 and in premier 4-5-1 tbh asymetric.

Won leagueone first year,second year the champioship,third year finished 3rd,4th year i won premier and capital cup, 5th season won premier and ch l.

Archived