FM13: GPTG General Advice & Tips - For those playing as clubs with no team guides!

Purefun

Anyone playing with Valencia. Funny no one has decided to start a thread. Difficult challenge this season though

Started a game with them in Classic mode. Valencia was always my Spanish team of choice, but they're not that good anymore.

They have a good goalie, 1 great defender (Rami), but the backs are not that good, and there's no anchor man or midfield destroyer, other than the geriatric Albelda. And the team is stuffed with central playmakers. I've opted for a christmas tree and a narrow diamond formation, and fighting with Atletico and Athletic for 3rd place. Varying results, hoping I can remake the team more to my image in the transfer window after the 1st season. I did survive a CL group with Arsenal, Dortmund and Galatasaray only to be beaten by Chelsea in the 1st knockout stage.

Didn't do much transfers: Guardado was loaned out, as he didn't fit in the system. In the winter I brought in Dzagoev (free) and Van Buyten. The latter has been a great, lumbering, rock in defense. He's greatly recommended!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be careful... Inter have the highest debt in the game (£750m) and in the second season become bankrupt leaving you with no funds. So you have to sign wisely and on the cheap.

I am managing Inter and I had a bit of luck by getting new owners with a very thick wallet :) This happened in the first season at around november.

When asking the board to improve youth facilities or level, what is the main difference?

I am not sure what to ask for :D cheers.

Don't worry... my chairmen is a moneybags and agreed to both :brock:

Van Buyten also on a free?

No, for a 80k euro fee. Did 20 appearances, 4 goals, avg rating 7.53.

But he's no more than a stop-gap solution: at the end of this (first) season, he's really declining: his acceleration is down to 7, and he still wants 55k/week. So, I'm letting him go.

ah woops, I'd glanced over the lower league thread prior to starting the save but haven't with this purpose

I don't have Belgium loaded so that guy isn't on my database :(

thanks!

edit: ok I haven't been able to find anyone in that thread so my question stands

Anyone got any advice on how to play Leandro Damiao?

I've just taken over United and decided to give him a go since Rooney and RVP are ageing and I can't seem to get him firing. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with him?

Is there anyone playing with AC Milan?? .....I hope somebody will start a thread for AC Milan.

yep i am, its fairly hard, just sold pato for 20 milll and bought abel hernandez and jovetic, sold muntari and brought in mundingayi on a free, also bought pepe from madrid for 7 mill, huth from stoke for ten mill and isco for 17 mill over 48 months, finished 2nd, now to make this team a force in europe again

Hey guys managing Real Oviedo and have edited them in light of recent financial interventions. I now have a budget of 10 million to work with but obviously I am limited in who I can attract to the third tier of Spanish football. Any ideas or suggestions?

Hey guys,

a few weeks ago I started a save with Charlton Athletic. As they don't have a FM13 team guide yet, I'm looking for some help in this thread.

I haven't changed anything about the squad yet:

2b1f24-1354055629.png

ce5e68-1354055649.png

An excel sheet shows my tactics and my basic ideas about the players:

68b5ef-1354055963.png

That shows me that I should buy a solid player as a right Wide Midfielder and maybe a good back up / ypung player for the other side. Do you agree on my point of view? Unfortunately I only have a transfer budget of €172K. I can't really find suitable players for this amount of money. Maybe I'm doing something wrong :p.

I would appreciate your input ;)

Anyone playing as Feyenoord? I'm interested in starting a save and trying to make them a force again. Maybe try to bring back Guidetti back on loan. Would really appreciate a team guide on them. Or if anyone is currently enjoying a nice save with them any advice would be appreciated.

Just started a game with Inter and was wondering if any other people are playing as them.

They have very limited money cant even afford to bring players in on loan thinking of getting rid of Sneijder as he on massive wages 170k a week teams are not interested in buying him even selling for 1m but have the chance to swap him for Veratti from PSG for straight player swap as have Coutiniho who has more potential than Sneijder anyway

Let me know if anyone playing as Inter

After a few weeks banging around on this new FM I decided I'm going to try and really get into a game with Inter.

I so far just got rid of the deadwood staff as there's no need for so many staff and physios and scouts, I'm thinking about going the Arsenal and Barcelona way and try and bring Mighty Inter back on top without Moratti's money.

There is a QPR thread which has just been started in the last day or so. Although it isnt fully complete it is about a third of the way down the page if you want to start using that.

To the people who is using Inter in their FM save, does Sneijder get injured constantly and if so are you playing Lerenzo Tassi in his place?

He does, I played Coutinho. I gave up on FM13 for the time being though but Coutinho did a decent enough job. Milito is the only real goal threat though. 27 goals in 30 games

A few anal reasons that probably annoy me more than they should have made me stop playing FM13 for awhile, but I haven't totally given up on it. I have a very fun FM12 save still so that's another reason. But I'm sure by the new year I'll be back on FM13 :D

Also to those using Inter, my DOF terminated the contracts of Chivu and Stankovic pretty quickly which saves a lot on wages. Stankovic is pretty useless and gets injured every game. I haven't had any news of a takeover after 27 games gone despite being heavily in the red and having £0 transfer budget. I might do an Inter thread one of these days

bit of a random one. just finished up season 2 with atalanta in italy.

end of the season and my under 20s squad are taking part in the under 20 coppa liberatadores which is really strange as its a south american competition.

any ideas how this happened?

A few anal reasons that probably annoy me more than they should have made me stop playing FM13 for awhile, but I haven't totally given up on it. I have a very fun FM12 save still so that's another reason. But I'm sure by the new year I'll be back on FM13 :D

Also to those using Inter, my DOF terminated the contracts of Chivu and Stankovic pretty quickly which saves a lot on wages. Stankovic is pretty useless and gets injured every game. I haven't had any news of a takeover after 27 games gone despite being heavily in the red and having £0 transfer budget. I might do an Inter thread one of these days

Please do :)

it seams that I will fail to win the league and have to settle for a CL place in the first year on my Stoke save, I failed to anticipate how the changes in collision detection affected my team in time to turn a poor run at the end around (and I had some though fixtures), additionaly an injury to Walters exposed the weaker left side of my defence which also did not help much at all

bit of a random one. just finished up season 2 with atalanta in italy.

end of the season and my under 20s squad are taking part in the under 20 coppa liberatadores which is really strange as its a south american competition.

any ideas how this happened?

Report this in the bugs forum.

it seams that I will fail to win the league and have to settle for a CL place in the first year on my Stoke save, I failed to anticipate how the changes in collision detection affected my team in time to turn a poor run at the end around (and I had some though fixtures), additionaly an injury to Walters exposed the weaker left side of my defence which also did not help much at all

Still a great first season though.

Still a great first season though.
annoying when one have spent most of the year topping the table thought, only to have it fall apart like that......a narrow lose against newcastle, a draw after giving up a late goal against swansea, team going awol against an almost relegated fullham, team playing arsenal of the pitch but only managing to net one goal until pennant get sent of for diving (yeah two yellows, both for diving), easy to predict how that ended, a draw after conceding a late goal against liverpool, geting played of the pitch by united..........and well that was that, with one game left, I cant win the league anymore

I asked this in the GD, but I'll ask in here as well (different crowd etc.);

Just a quick question in case it isn't possible or someone has found out how to do it;

Is there any way to make your HoYD sign domestic players (I am Portsmouth, so English)? Rather than signing average Germans every window?

I have Dave Parnaby, 19/19 JPA/JPP and 20 working with youngsters.

833711f550d914ed5d86ae12e0027b8c.png?1354659427

I got him and got rid of my old foreign based HoYD in hope he would start signing English youngsters but instead he buys 2/3* potential Germans.

Cheers.

FM. :cool: Sometimes.
played the final game against QPR, won 1-0 after pennant had whiped a ball into the box in the follow up of a throw in, Crouch was there for the tap in.....spent the rest of the match kicking the ball away and bar a few chances around the 80min mark QPR never really got close to scoring

final table:

stokeleaguefm13s1.png

if only I had won against Arsenal or 2 of the other matches I mentioned.....I would have got it sorted

Archived