FM13: GPTG General Advice & Tips - For those playing as clubs with no team guides!

Purefun

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started my Inter save and the first thing I've noticed is the huge amounts of players at this club... I've also noticed a few stars in the making in the U18's and it seems the best way to go about things with this club is to spend time training these youth players! I started off in our very first competitive match with Fussballclub Admira Wacker Modling (one hell of a name! :lol:) by playing 18 year old Simone Pasa (View Here). Doesn't look like much yet, but he's got decent potential and played very well during the match we won (4-1).

Also during this match I used all 3 strikers, one coming on as a substitute and all 3 scored during the match so it's looking promising.

Anyone any idea why Inter have a couple of players on loan that couldn't even get into a Serie B team? It doesn't make sense to me...

Thinking about starting a Sporting Lisbon save? never been them before or managed in Portugal, any tips? Or is there a team guide i havent seen yet? cheers fellas... early xmas boys just wondering what to buy FM for it lol
go for it man, had a great save with them on fm10, even if did not make it all that far into it before fm11 arrived, id assume they still have a great set of youngsters to develop and a decent enough first XI to win most matches

Paris F.C anyone?

In the National league in France with okay finances.

Facilities of 25000 allows for good growth and steady progression to the Ligue 1.

My challenge is to make them the champions of France within 10 years.

I reckon they will more than likely get taken over by a tycoon somewhere down the line and moved into a bigger stadium; primarily due to their location.

I Only wish.

I'm so tempted to attempt to modify the likelihood of a tycoon taking over in the editor! :(

The two heavyweights of french football in one city?! If only FM reported on riots... i'd say paris would be destroyed!

Paris F.C anyone?

In the National league in France with okay finances.

Facilities of 25000 allows for good growth and steady progression to the Ligue 1.

My challenge is to make them the champions of France within 10 years.

I reckon they will more than likely get taken over by a tycoon somewhere down the line and moved into a bigger stadium; primarily due to their location.

Interesting this one. How is the team? Is there a little money for transfers?

Congrats.

Everton down? Did they sell everyone?

they sold Fellaini in the first window, along with Baines and Gibson in jan, other then that they have not had any notable outs yet since I'm currently a bit stuck trying to figure out who to sign for the next season (who knows I might nabb up a player from them?), so I'm more or less on the day after the season ended right now

my inter save end of first season and I have managed to cut the wage bill and am now in the green for wages! asking the high profile players to take a wage cut has really helped!

however still in debt! no money to rebuild the squad so will have to hope my youth players are up to it!

Chairman (Toldo) isnt putting any real money in...... really wanting a tycoon to take over :-(

still an interesting and hard challenge

Im considering playing with Leverkusen or Sevilla and neither seem to have guides, so what do you guys think about it?

I personally prefer the Bundesliga as overall league, but the prospect of breaking that Real/Barca resistance which is pretty tough is a good challenge.

I was thinking of making an Inter thread before..

I personally prefer the Bundesliga as overall league, but the prospect of breaking that Real/Barca resistance which is pretty tough is a good challenge.

Yeah the challenge is great because Barca/Real only slip slightly over the years whereas the Bundesliga gets easier quicker.

Did any of you Inter managers have had a tycoon takeover?

That would be nice, I got sacked after losing 1 nil in the second Europa League play-offs and being knocked out and winning 2 Serie A matches, draw 1, and lost 2 but was 6th in the league. :eek: Might and give them a go again at a later point in time, right now just feeling despaired about the sacking :(

Did any of you Inter managers have had a tycoon takeover?

I have now! sooooo pleased I stuck with it - has been a big challenge to drop the wage budget and do well in Italy - however 2nd season we won the Cup and finished 8th - and got back into Europe - couple of days later a Tycoon from Italy was sniffing around.

A month or 2 later hes in - its soooo rewarding to have some money finally after 2 seasons of being lucky to load a player in. so havent gone mad but mad enough....

heres hoping to put a title challenge in next year!

I have now! sooooo pleased I stuck with it - has been a big challenge to drop the wage budget and do well in Italy - however 2nd season we won the Cup and finished 8th - and got back into Europe - couple of days later a Tycoon from Italy was sniffing around.

A month or 2 later hes in - its soooo rewarding to have some money finally after 2 seasons of being lucky to load a player in. so havent gone mad but mad enough....

heres hoping to put a title challenge in next year!

Fancy uploading that save? ;)

Fancy uploading that save? ;)

Il try to for you yeah

just needing to check If my backup is before or just after the takeover

or I could just upload the save at the moment - but of course this is with all my signings etc

I have posted a link on to the Tycoon Thread

With my Bilbao save being corrupted and inspired by their win over Madrid, I'm thinking of going with Malaga especially with Isco. Anyone currently playing as them too?

Can't speak for Malaga but Isco is sensational in the game. I used him as an AMC Advanced Playmaker Support or as an AML Inside Forward and he contributed with goals and assists in both roles.

• 4 weeks later...
anyone partaking in an Atalanta save? having a great time atm.

some of the players, gabbiadini, murlingo, bonvatoure, consigle (sp might be off on all ha) have developed brilliant for me.

got CL football by season 4.

I'm 3/4 of the way through my first season at Atalanta and it might turn into one of my greatest FM achievements for a long time, I'm currently 3rd only a point of 2nd, and its looking like Champions League qualification is a real possibility, despite the 2 point deduction.

I raided Scandinavia for some new blood and brought in a couple of loans, mainly at the back, attacking wise the squad starts of with a decent amount of quality.

Anyone enjoying a game with Villarreal? Thinking of starting a game with them. Nice little challenge. Just want to know a little information on the squad and how the financial situation is as you go through the seasons. Thanks to anyone who helps.

I'm 3/4 of the way through my first season at Atalanta and it might turn into one of my greatest FM achievements for a long time, I'm currently 3rd only a point of 2nd, and its looking like Champions League qualification is a real possibility, despite the 2 point deduction.

I raided Scandinavia for some new blood and brought in a couple of loans, mainly at the back, attacking wise the squad starts of with a decent amount of quality.

make sure you bring back gabbs at the end of the season when the co-ownership is up for renewal. hes amazing.

im in my 8th season now. 4 titles in a row, a euro cup. still not cracked the cl yet. semis been the furthest. just had a new stadium built. first time ive eve had that in fm.

Well after my amazing first season at Atalanta my next season wasn't quite as successful. Making the Champions League group stages really stretched my squad to its limit, and I ended up finishing 6th. Although I was given a decent budget to play with thanks to the Champions League football, so should be looking to get back into the top 3 again.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing my Inter save that I failed to get into a while back and i'm starting to really enjoy it now! I may even go as far as finally making a thread for them, but I felt I needed a bit of experience playing as them to find out about their players and situation. The future looks bad right now with the current financial situation with rumours flying around that I may have to sell players come the end of the season, but if it comes to it, i'll just have to sell on the older 30+ players, because several of them are on big money.

Because Gareth Bale doesn't have his own thread, thought I'd ask in here. Has anyone else that's managed him had him constantly getting injured? He's made 5 league appearances, and been injured 3 times. Pretty frustrating. Can anyone with genie scout let me know his injury proneness?

Because Gareth Bale doesn't have his own thread, thought I'd ask in here. Has anyone else that's managed him had him constantly getting injured? He's made 5 league appearances, and been injured 3 times. Pretty frustrating. Can anyone with genie scout let me know his injury proneness?

Check the Tottenham thread out. You will probably find a better answer in there.

Shame there is still no thread for Hoffenheim. Even if they are strugling in real life' date=' in my opinion they have a lot of potential in FM. So ill maybe give them a try. Any sugestion if anyone plays with them?[/quote']

What this guy said.

I have created the Hoffenheim thread for the last two season's, and would love someone to take over and create one for FM13 :).

so in theory i wouuld have to buy my player back?what if no team bids?any suggestions on signings defence is bit weak

you buy them back yea buts its usually for less than what their value is from my experience.

i usually bid even if i dont want the player. just bid 1k and hopefully the other team outbids and takes him full time. not a fan of the co ownerships and try to end them all over the first 2 seasons.

yea finances not the best unless u qualify for europe.

think my two cbs for years were calros labrin (palermo) and luca caldiriola (co owned by ascoli or siena i think) hes very good. shouldnt cost mega bucks. try and spread payments.

makes sure u bring back gabbiadini from co ownership. cost me 500k. hes a world beater after a bit of mentoring from denis and games.

get guys with high determination to tutour barlocco and pugliese from the youth as they develope really well too. its probably the best group of young players ive managed in a game on here from a lower to mid table ranked team.

schelotto, bonvatoure, consigli, and the guys above develop really well if looked after.

Archived