dafuge's FM13 challenge

Really enjoyed reading through much of this thread the past week and in particular rashidi1 and Padders adventures.Actually looking at jumping aboard this soon, with a team from the north west. :)Had great fun getting Burscough to the PL on FM06 I think it was.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Gundo

I have played this challenge for years now, but have never bothered with the updates on this forum

I think if it wasn't for this forum I probably would have given up with Leamington during the 20 long years in the Blue Square divisons

It defintely gives you the motivation to keeping go so you can post that last update

BadgeHampton_and_Richmond_Borough.png

Hampton & Richmond Borough Season 2013/14 Review

League Table Graph Transfers (1) (2) Squad (1) (2)

First season in charge at this level is sometimes a real struggle, but we handled i well. My plan was to make us tough to beat, so I went with a counter attacking 442. As you can see from my trasfer pages we had a very high turnover of players, most were brought in on a non-contract basis so didn't have a massiveimpact on my wage budget.

We made a soild start to the season ad the tactic of being hard to beat paid off as we were solid on defence, the trade off with this sortof tactic of course is that we, at times really struggled to score, but on the whole I was happy with the progress we were making, we had a nice 3 or 4 game spell up in 6th place but a run of 9 games without a win saw us drop to 12th and in the end costing us the chance of gettin in the play offs

Cups

FA Cup - a good run to the first round before being beaten by league 2 Gateshead

FA Trophy - knocked out at first hurdle, the game came 3 days after the FA Cup first round and my players were unfit

Players Of The Season

Lewis Kidd - On loan keeper from Luton really helped with our tight defence

Declan Walker - On loan frm Wrexham, the young Irish right back was solid

Troy Hewitt - was let go by QPR in te summer and took agood few months before he was interested in coming to me, but oncehe did he was far and away our top player, really looking forward to seeing him over a whole season

Billy Jefferys - The centre bck was solid all season

Dean Inman - Jefferys partner at the back, was easily our best performer over the season

Aims For Next Season

Progress

Try and get more goals in to the team

I hate you Padders, and hope you get sacked next season!

Just thought I'd throw a bit of hate around, as there's too much man love in here :p Seriously though, excellent work getting back-to-back promotions. Also, nice one 4ndyMUFC for surviving in the Premier League.

I hate you Padders, and hope you get sacked next season!

Just thought I'd throw a bit of hate around, as there's too much man love in here :p Seriously though, excellent work getting back-to-back promotions. Also, nice one 4ndyMUFC for surviving in the Premier League.

There is always one jealous one!!

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2025/26

Last season we narrowly won the Championship, so we had the tough task of staying up in the Premier League ahead of us.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a shocking start to the season and never really got going, only picking up the odd win here and there. A reasonable run at the end of the season was enough to keep us up, but it came down to the final day.

Capital One Cup - it wasn't a priority, but I didn't enjoy this defeat.

FA Cup - it was a decent run including revenge over Southampton, but we were outplayed at home to Villa.

Transfers - for the first time in this career I actually spent some money. Unfortunately none of them really made that big an impact.

Squad - the squad has to improved for next season. We have a few decent youngsters but we are lacking the squad depth to make a difference in this league.

Finances - we made a huge profit with the crazy Premier League TV money.

Key Player Profiles:

Mehdi Sergent - joint top scorer and easily our player of the season.

Israel - the other joint top scorer, who hopefully can make a bigger impact next season.

Marcelo - was once described as a wonderkid, but hasn't really impressed so far.

Isaac Rodriguez - another big money signing who has yet to shine.

Danny Cook - still solid in defence.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        

Next Season

Staying up was massive as it looked like we were going down early on in the season. We need to strengthen the squad to make sure we don't have another relegation battle.

Nice dafuge, well done on survival!

Excellent job padders! I do indeed love it, I'd pat you on the head in congratulations but stoke is miles away so I'll have to give you a picture as a representation of how it'd go down.

In the scenario I'd be the small child and you would be Obama. Here's a picture of how the thread now views you (except fcuniteddan ). Again, for continuity's sake, you'd be Obama.

I'm going to be without footy manager for the next couple of weeks whilst I'm down south over christmas, so these updates will have to keep my interest going. So everyone better keep playing!

Love the pictures Bidwell! :applause:

Shame you won't be playing FM much over the Christmas period but I am sure many will be in same boat.

Luckily I finish work next Friday 21st for 11 days, so I am hoping to get plenty of game time in, although I will enjoy spening time with the family and wife. I will endeavour to get as many updates in as a possible, although I do tend to post my updates at work and leave home time for game time!!!!!

Love the pictures Bidwell! :applause:

Shame you won't be playing FM much over the Christmas period but I am sure many will be in same boat.

Luckily I finish work next Friday 21st for 11 days, so I am hoping to get plenty of game time in, although I will enjoy spening time with the family and wife. I will endeavour to get as many updates in as a possible, although I do tend to post my updates at work and leave home time for game time!!!!!

I guess that makes me this man, and this was my exact expression when I read about Padders back-to-back promotions. :p

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town FC

2018-19 Season Summary

Final League Result - 4th Place in nPower League 1 (lost in playoff final to Hartlepool)

Table | Squad | Finances | Confidence | Club Information

nPower League 1 - 4th Place 80 points) Lost in playoff final to Hartlepool

FA Cup - Lost to QPR in the 3rd Round

Capital One Cup -Lost to Southampton in the 2nd Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Lost to Yeovil in the Semi-FInal

Top Goal Scorer -James Wilson - 36 goals (new team record)

Top Playmaker -Jamie Griffiths - 14 assists

Top Player Rating - James Wilson - 7.47

Fan's Player of the Year: James Wilson

Manager's Player of the Year: James Wilson

2018-19 Chairman's Expectations – Safe Mid-Table Finish. SUCCESS!

2018-19 Manager's Goal - Challenge for Promotion. SUCCESS!

Season Commentary: Another year of heartbreak and disappoint in the playoff round. I spent much of the year challenging for outright promotion in one of the top 3 spots, but had to settle for 4th place. I matched up against Hartlepool in the 1st playoff round and suffered a disappointing 2-0 loss in the first leg away from home. My chances we almost completely shot when I went down 1-0 early in the 2nd leg, however the team battled back courageously to win 2-1 but in the end we came up 1 goal shy. If you recall my post from last year, I lost my best player Jake Sinclair on a release clause. I made a major mistake to let him go for cheap, however I did not pay nearly as big of price as I thought I would thanks in most part to James Wilson. The young English player had a magnificent season and has developed into a top talent at this level. He is a true poacher with speed and strength, and once I figured out how to feed him properly he was unstoppable. The issue now will be keeping him. He is signed on a long term deal until 2021 (2 more years) however I there is a lot of clubs showing interest and I think it is likely that I could sell him for £3 million or more.

The big managerial change I made this past season was with tactics. I have long been a manager who would adjust tactical settings until I get success, and then don’t dare touch it after that. I decided to change this mentality this year and really started focusing on adjusting tactics based on my opponent and my team selection. For those of you who haven’t read many of the posts or other websites that provide tactical hints and tips, you really should try it out. I found much more sense of accomplishment when tweaking my tactics each game for the opponent.

2018-19 Outlook

Again the target will be promotion, and hopefully this is the year I get into the Championship. I feel as though my club is good enough, I just need to find the right amount of luck to get me there. I am evaluating some majr squad changes and tactical changes as well early in the off-season. My squad has always played a narrow formation void of any wingers or wide players, however this year I want to change to a 4-2-3-1 setup. To do this I will need to bring in at least 3-4 midfielders. My salary currently sites at £48,000/week, and I don’t want to increase that. To accomplish my conversion to a 4-2-3-1 I will need to shave off at least £10,000/week to make room for the incoming wingers. There is also the issue of acquiring quality layers, which is easier said than done in FM 13. This conversion may take a couple years to get quality players in the AMR and AML positions. It should make for a tumultuous year in Kettering.

2019-20 Charmain's Expectations - Safe Mid Table Finish.

2019-20 Manager's Goal – Promotion.

Season     Position     Division                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     1st        Blue Square N            League Winners
2014/15     12th       Blue Square Premier      12th Place
2015/16     3rd        Blue Square Premier      3rd Place (promoted via playoff)
2016/17     4th        nPower League 2          4th Place (promoted via playoff)
2017/18     5th        nPower League 1          None.
2018-19     4th        nPower League 1          None.

Season Update 2029/30

St. Neots Town

Premier Division

stneot.png

Profile - Squad - Table - Graph - Transfers - Finances - Board Overview

A season which saw Man Utd win the league for the 4th time in a row. A season, where we yet again filled the stadiums and board wouldn't buy a new one. A season which saw young players maturing really well - and finally with Kahlenberg changing

clubs, Messi is our new Assistant Manager! Following this season, we are currently ranked as the 4th best team in Europe.

After winning last years Champions League a few new tournaments were introduced into our fixtures. In the Super Cup we played Barcelona and won 2-1. In the Charity Shield we were humiliated 3-0 by Man Utd.

Club World Cup we had the pleasure of a 4-1 win vs ES Tunis, followed by Boca in the final whom we trounced 6-0. Had quite a few player awards over the season, but the Club World Cup and getting all 3 awards are worth a posting!

The League Cup, we had a small revenge on Man Utd with a 3-2 win in the final - Before they took revenge again and beat us in the CC Qtr Final 2-2 home and 1-1 away. The FA Cup was terrible with a 0-1 loss home in 4th rnd to Burnley.

Will be posting mostly the same players as previous updates, in case anyone besides me are following them. Also a few new profiles.

Mance - Golden Glove winner for the 3rd year in a row and just an amazing keeper.

Douglas - Getting better and better on our right side in the defense.

Donald - Our Man Utd signing and is continuing his great previous seasons in left side defense.

Pereira - Rock defender of all time.

Pat Miller - Despite being injured first part of season he had a great comeback with 44 goals in 47 matches and 18 assists.

Bonifacio - Had his first really good season. 38 games 26 goals and 18 assists.

New Players:

Louis Walker - Signed from reading for 900k last season. Amazing prospect. Will surely be our new MC.

Alex Facey - 18.5mill signing from Crewe. Has all the stats of a great future DMC and anxious to see how well he will progress.

If Santa comes early this year, we are still wishing for a new stadium!

Season	League	Position Achievements
2013/14	BSN	4th	 Qual. through playoffs	
2014/15	BSP	17th	 None
2015/16	BSP	1st	 Winner
2016/17	L2	18th	 None
2017/18 L2	2nd	 Promoted, FA 6th rnd
2018/19	L1	13th	 JPT Runner-up
2019/20 L1	2nd	 Promoted
2020/21	CH	7th	 None
2021/22 CH	8th	 None
2022/23	CH	1st	 CH Winner
2023/24	PRM	11th	 League Cup Semi Final
2024/25 PRM	6th	 FA Cup Semi Final
2025/26	PRM	4th	 EURO Semi Final
2026/27	PRM	6th	 LC Winner, FA Cup Runner Up
2027/28	PRM	4th	 LC Runner Up, FA Cup Winner, EURO Semi Final
2028/29 PRM	2nd	 CC Winner, FA Cup Winner, LC Runner Up
2029/30	PRM	2nd	 Super Cup Winner, World Champ Winner, LC Winner, CC Qtr Final, FA Cup 4th Rnd

In my post above I mentioned the possibility of getting a big offer for my star striker, and it just happened. Now I don't know what to do! Here are the details:

The Player:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z204/mike_bayes/Football%20Manager/FM%2013/Dafuge/2018-19/Wilson-2.jpg

The Offer:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z204/mike_bayes/Football%20Manager/FM%2013/Dafuge/2018-19/Wilson-Offer.jpg

Over £5 million pounds! I am actually surprised my board didn't automatically accept it.

I currently have £2.5 million in the bank and my finances are pretty stable.

The highest fee I've ever received is £450k.

I will receive 50% into the transfer kitty however my problem is not cash, it is wage budget. Wilson is on a low wage and I would never be able to replace his quality with anyone near that wage.

I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

Bit of a strange but overall a successful season

Got my first ever 10.0 for a player in a match earlier in the season.

Squad

The Play Offs was crazy. As mentioned above, the semi final, I beat Forest 3-1 at home then lost 3-1 away AET then beat them on penalties.

The Play Final was amazing. I went 2 nil down. I scored two goals towards the end of the game, in the 71st and 83rd to take the game into Extra Time. I then scored in the 120th minute to win the game 3-2. Absoutely amazing.

My league form was very average to start with, spending the first half of the season in the bottom half of the table, but I went on a good run to push ourselves into the playoffs. The rest they say is history!!

I was actually very lucky to finish in the playoffs, sneeking in on goal difference. I'm sure I lost my last league game as well!

I got to the 5th round of the FA Cup losing to Tottenham away. Lost 2-1 but had 4 CCC's to their 3. Brought in a load of money though.

New Season in The Championship

The board decided to increase the stadium themselves, increasing the capacity by 3,910 up to just under 10,000. In the mean time I am moving into Coventry's Ricoh Arena (I hope they keep paying the bill......)

My star striker that I have mentioned before, Byron Clarke's contract was ending this season, so didn't want to lose him for nothing as one of my best centre back left last season on a Bosman. Byron wouldn't sign a new contract. Offered him the maximum I could, £5,250 a week, but he wanted £20,000. So I offered him out to clubs and Mansfield and Dundee United came back with offers. Mansfield offered £1.7m and Dundee offered £4.3m. When I went into Transfer Centre to accept/reject the offers, the Mansfield offer was automatically accepted! I've got no idea why. I accpeted the Dundee offer myself and prayed that he agreed terms with Dundee. NO surprise he accepted Manfield's offer. I don't get why the Mansfield offer was automatically accepted!! So annoying, effecting lost £2.5m which is a huge chuck of money for a Championship club.

So overall I have lost my best centre back (Bosman), best central midfield (wouldn't agree new contract) and my best striker (Byron Clarke). The spine of the team has been ripped out!

I asked the board to improve the Youth Facilities which they accepted

I played the first three league games last night. I lost 2 and drew 1. The drawn game was 1-1, letting in the equaliser in the 91st minute. I then lost the next game 1-0, conceding again in injury time. I also lost in the first round of the League Cup against League 2 Yeovil!

I have made 3 back to back promitions now, think my squad is going to really struggle in The Championship.

I have made plenty of free transfer signings, something I haven't done since the Blue Square days. I am hoping the new players don't upset the ethos of the rest of the squad. I have bought in French and German kids.

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st
2034-35        L1         5th         5th

Yeah, definately try the challenge, it's a great feeling when it starts panning out. Also it's nice that when you get to the top 95% of the actual players have retired, means you have to find players yourself rather than relying on real world knowledge.

Also, you are Barack because you have overcome the odds to victory, and made us all believe 'Yes, we can.' That, but mainly the obama picture was the first one I found (apart from the laser shooting bear in a top hat riding Abraham Lincoln).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUQc6malFe_kvtMpA2ElO2-a8cQp9EK-GWtycJ6G0vyyTqZBUKw

Whitehawk - npower League 2 - 2015/16

Kinda messed up with new long contracts to all talented players so had no wage budget to use so i had to loan players just to have people on the bench! Season started out pretty much up and down till i had a good run about mid season then i was in direct promotion spot until 2nd last game when i went into playoff spots and stayed there on goal difference in last round.. best Notts county 4-3 over 2 legs then lost 2-3 to Wycombe in the finals :mad:

League Table

League Positions Graph

Cups - Out in all first round wasn't even trying to!

Squad - Paper thin! had to get loans to cover subs and injuries!

Transfers - Mostly loans. tied up talented players on new contracts and suddenly my wage budget was gone

Finances - Well well, building new stadium. need bigger wage budget!

Key Player Profiles:

Shaun Craig - The playmaker

Marcus Tolley - The goalscorer

Matty White - The defender

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         League Winner
2014/15   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promoted Trough playoffs
2015/16   npower League 2          5th         Nothing!

Next Season

Hoping for a bigger wage budget so i can get some subs and get my 2nd best striker on a fulltime contract. Especially looking better backup for defence. Had my entire back four out at one point during last season.

Lowestoft Town F.C

2014/2015 Season

After a disastrous start to the year (for numerous reasons) we turned it around and finished just outside of the relegation zone. My board agreed to build me a new stadium at the end of last season before putting me into administration (getting me docked 10 points) and leaving me with a transfer embargo. Luckily, a nice tycoon decided to come along and bail me out. He injected almost £18m into the club, giving me a transfer budget of around £7.5m (which unfortunately I could hardly use as I was only able to offer players £875 a week) - regardless, the team pulled through in the end.

League table:

BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewStages-2_zpsdb8a8824.png

Lowestoft league position throughout the season:

BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewPastPositions_zps460f5def.png

Transfers:

Lowestoft_TransfersHistory-4_zps79ab328e.png

Top scorer: Dereece Gardner with 18 goals in 25 (8) games

Top assister: Lee Smith (again) with 14 assists

Highest average rating: Daniel Boateng, 7.10 in 35 games (2 goals, 2 assists)

Aims for next season: I'm really hoping to push on next year. Assuming my chairman trusts me with money again, I will be trying to splash the cash to ensure promotion. Otherwise, mid table with an outside chance of hitting the playoffs would be my target.

Season	League	Position Achievements
2013/14	BSN	4th	 Promoted via playoffs	
2014/15	BSP	19th	 Survived administration & avoided relegation

Kettering Town Season 2013/14 Review BSS

Transfers

Squad

Table

Graph

A good season, we brought in some good players to replace some of the original squa, a solid start was had, we were hard to beat and ended the season with one of the best goals against records. Due to extra fixtures (more on that in a bit) meat we were playing every sat/weds for pretty much the whole of the 2nd half of the season, this lead to some poor performances and a sight drop down the table. With 2 games to go we were 7th in the table but joint 5th on points, a 3-2 win other 2md place Histon sawusmore into 5th and the last play off place with a game to go. Last game was away to 9th place Halifax and we had to win as our GD was much worse the the teams around us, well we didn't turn up to this game and it looked like our season was over, but in the 89th min up poped my player of the season Jamie Griffiths to grab the goal that secured usa play off place, in the end we ended 3rd.

Play Offs

Harrogate away - a fantastic performance away from home saw us win 3-1

Harrogat home - an even better peformance saw us cruise into te final

Play off Final v Alfreton - a poor game but our never say die attitude saw us grab a 90th min winner thanks to an own goal and PROMOTION!!!!!

Cups

FA Cup - we fell at the first hurdle

FA Trophy - a great run to the final saw us beating BSP teams Brackley, Kidderminster and Tamworth before we lost to BSP winners Cambridge in a final that was closer then the scoreline suggests

BASHLEY ALLIED STATES, TOWNS AND RURAL DOMAINS

BASHLEY F.C.

Bashing our way to the Champions League...

2020/21 - Premier League

ia8Y6.png

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers

The League

League Table | Position Graph

Europe

Europa League Group Table | Europa League Fixtures

The Domestic Cups

Community Shield

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures

Key Players

Flavio Schmid | Samuel Gonçalves | Josh Flynn

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Josh Flynn

Clean sweep for Flynn this season, his goals were vital and the fans love him.

Top Scorer

Josh Flynn

Back to old form. 32 goals in 40 games. 21 in the league. Great season from the young American.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Josh Flynn

Josh Flynn for his excellent scoring efforts, particularly against Dynamo Kyiv.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Reaching the Champions League!

Finishing fourth was a huge shock, as I was barely expecting top 10. Though, in a season where Stoke also got top four, something must be up.

Aims For Next Season

Keep up the good work.

Says enough above...

Career Overview

Season      League                   League Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Blue Square South        17th               Survival
2014/15     Blue Square South        5th                Promotion - Playoffs
2015/16     Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promotion - Playoffs
2016/17     League Two               3rd                Promotion - Automatic
2017/18     League One               1st                Promotion - Champions
2018/19     Championship             5th                Promotion - Playoffs
2019/20     Premier League           12th               FA Cup Winners
2020/21     Premier League           4th                Qualified for Champions League

Pretty frustrating, especially when I see people manage to win every single time in the playoffs, but I have failed to qualify out of the BSS at the second attempt, losing 2-1 AET vs Bath in the playoff final after a convincing 5-2 Agg. victory over Sutton Utd. in the semis. I do, however, feel as if my team would have gotten destroyed in the BSP, and I certainly am glad to be playing honestly and not reloading so it's probably for the better I stayed down. Just need to go ahead and win the thing outright next year and not worry about the damn playoffs. I'll post a full report tomorrow.

I remember a conversation I had a long time ago with someone that we shouldnt be able to achieve the impossible...in fact, if i remember right, and this was 8 years ago, the engine should be toughened up if people like you guys can take a nonleague side to the champions league title in consecutive seasons. I am top of the table and we are only 15 matches in :-( yeehah!

I remember a conversation I had a long time ago with someone that we shouldnt be able to achieve the impossible...in fact, if i remember right, and this was 8 years ago, the engine should be toughened up if people like you guys can take a nonleague side to the champions league title in consecutive seasons

I completely agree. I had high hopes for the difficulty of the game when I was stuck in the BSP but things soon went back to normal.

It isn't always easy though :D

Yeah and I am pretty sure when the patch comes out its going to be even easier..:-(, tbh thats the real reason why I stopped playing FM 8 years ago. Fulfilling the Dafuge Challenge, left me with no other worthy challenge, so its your fault hahahaha...One thing though..I've noticed, my top defender we are not even in the premiership yet, is being a contract rebel HE WANTS 20K a week..the PIRATE!@

Pretty frustrating, especially when I see people manage to win every single time in the playoffs, but I have failed to qualify out of the BSS at the second attempt, losing 2-1 AET vs Bath in the playoff final after a convincing 5-2 Agg. victory over Sutton Utd. in the semis. I do, however, feel as if my team would have gotten destroyed in the BSP, and I certainly am glad to be playing honestly and not reloading so it's probably for the better I stayed down. Just need to go ahead and win the thing outright next year and not worry about the damn playoffs. I'll post a full report tomorrow.

Keep things simple, use the Tactical Creator, approach your team selection with complete detachment, you can even refer to my Stafford thread in TT&Q for ideas. Its really easy to overachieve. Dont over think a tactic, just keep it simple.

Canvey Island - 2023/24 End of Season Update - English Premier League

Wasn't the top level supposed to be difficult?

League (Positions) : A slow start was to be expected with a lot of new players being integrated into the squad. But once they got settled, we never looked out of place in the division and got some nice home scalps including 4 of the top 6 (only City and Reading got points on their travels to us). Was quite lucky with injuries this season to be honest which meant that we were never going to slip down the order as our first team players are easily good enough. Overall, a good first season for us.

Cups:

FA Cup

We got a fairly easy run in this this season, with only Chelsea being the only top PL side we had to play all the way through. We tried our best to throw away the Semi against Crewe, we had 8 clear cut chances and decided not to score till extra time, and got an even bigger slice of luck when Championship side Derby knocked out Man Utd in the other semi-final. In the final though, we were totally ambushed in the first half and couldn't get a foothold in the second. A disappointing end to what was a great cup run.

League Cup

Poor this season. We barely beat Portsmouth in round 2, and we easily pushed aside by Villa in round 3; despite what the scoreline suggests.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers: A lot of people in, compared to previous years, including a few deadline day deals that I normally try and avoid. Think next season will all be about trying to build on the depth rather than a lot of first team players as only about 14 players in the squad are good PL players. Eze has also handed in a transfer request, so if anyone ships ~£30m then he'll be off.

Player of the Season: Declan Williams - DM

One of the few reasons why I decided against going totally defensive in my formation this season, and was the only player to get close to 100% appearances too. Hopefully I can build my midfield 3 around him in the coming years.

Finances : God I love the TV revenue in this league :D Also ground-sharing at a 30,000 Craven Cottage for the majority of the season helped with matchday revenue too. Shame about shareholders getting greedy now, the £14m they've taken out is a bit unnecessary really.

History

2013/14: BSS - 14th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 3rd Quali Rd

2014/15: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 1st Rd

2015/16: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2016/17: BSS - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2017/18: BSP - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - 2nd Rd

2018/19: NL2 - 1st, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 3rd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

2019/20: NL1 - 7th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 1st Rd, JPT - 2nd Rd (South)

2020/21: NL1 - 2nd, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 2nd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

2021/22: NCH - 5th, FA Cup - 4th Rd, League Cup - 4th Rd

2022/23: NCH - 2nd, FA Cup - Semis, League Cup - Quarters

2023/24: PRM - 8th, FA Cup - Runners-Up, League Cup - 3rd Rd

Archived