dafuge's FM13 challenge

Thats basically what happened with mine. THe chairman's name changed, but that was it.

Wow, AFC Fylde are now ranked 6th in England, behind the Manchesters, Chelski, Arsenal and Spurs. This is both good and bad, my fans were getting tetchy because my reserve team 'only' drew 0-0 with Juventus in the champions league groups...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I had my takeover last night

He hasn't invested a penny!!! Hasn't cleared any of the debt or loans!

Wonderful

Finances

Thats basically what happened with mine. THe chairman's name changed, but that was it.

I was glad my takeover went the same way. I didn't want a sugar daddy throwing money around and the only debt we had was for the new stadium which at ~51k a month isn't any trouble financially. Although I'm in the Premier League which makes a huge difference.

I was glad my takeover went the same way. I didn't want a sugar daddy throwing money around and the only debt we had was for the new stadium which at ~51k a month isn't any trouble financially. Although I'm in the Premier League which makes a huge difference.

Yeah, I was in the premiership too, and yeah, huge amounts of cash would have made it a bit dull. At the moment im losing money monthly now my wage bill has risen and 2026 is when I can get a new stadium (I'm in January 2023 at the moment), but i'm still in the black. Millions getting injected would have been kind of rubbish at this level.

Yeah was going to say- I got about the same debt payment while still in the BSS and I am lucky to break even in congested months.

Yeah was going to say- I got about the same debt payment while still in the BSS and I am lucky to break even in congested months.

Ouch, I was fortunate in that through the football league years I had stadium upgrades which sent us to play in the Widnes Rugby stadium. Firstly the increased capacity (and income) was welcome as I had a higher average attendance in the Championship than I did in the Premier League. And I was also fortunate that they didn't expand or build up the stadium too quickly.

Looking forward to playing at my shiny new stadium, I've never been at a club that's moved grounds before so it's a first for me.

Ouch, I was fortunate in that through the football league years I had stadium upgrades which sent us to play in the Widnes Rugby stadium. Firstly the increased capacity (and income) was welcome as I had a higher average attendance in the Championship than I did in the Premier League. And I was also fortunate that they didn't expand or build up the stadium too quickly.

I was similar - because Kellamergh park was built in 2006 I cant have a new stadium until 2026; so I just got expansions. In 3 years in 2026 now Fylde's stature is awesome I should get a massive old stadium built. But the expansions also meant I spent alot of time at Bloomfield Road (Blackpools stadium) with it's 18000 capacity.

Edit: On a different note, in the summer I was battling for a striker for 5.75M, he picked Wolves instead. Now Wolves have been relegated and he wants a transfer and is begging to come to Fylde, with them asking for 15M. I rejected it, but am ticked off with what a player I missed out on for just under 6m - he has 19 finishing and 19 composure, amongst other decent stats.

Edit: On a different note, in the summer I was battling for a striker for 5.75M, he picked Wolves instead. Now Wolves have been relegated and he wants a transfer and is begging to come to Fylde, with them asking for 15M. I rejected it, but am ticked off with what a player I missed out on for just under 6m - he has 19 finishing and 19 composure, amongst other decent stats.

This is an anoyance for me too, I think the stature of the league should play more of an influence. I missed out on a player moving to Portsmouth when I was in the Championship and they were in League 2. Although having said that, they could probably still have offered more money than me.

*edt* Don't these players realise they can become legends under our guidance? :rolleyes:

This is an anoyance for me too, I think the stature of the league should play more of an influence. I missed out on a player moving to Portsmouth when I was in the Championship and they were in League 2. Although having said that, they could probably still have offered more money than me.

It's because rep goes up so slowly - it's what makes it such a challenge! But it does wind me up sometimes, like you were saying I remember checking my rep in the championship and I was ranked lower than some L2 sides, it's grim. But, you know, All I was offering was champion's league football and trophies, whereas Wolves have that lovely orange kit and Mick McCarthy at the helm - you cant blame the lad for picking them, really.

No idea, sorry Gen. I cant see why you'd want it though, that guy has a lovely haircut. It's almost as though it cuts through his ear.

Just finished another season, will do an update shortly. Teams attempted to poach 2 of my coaches with contracts nearing expiry; I talked to them and both said 'I'm not going anywhere.' I go to renew their contracts and they arent interested! This game's ridiculous, sometimes.

I've messaged TacticalGenius but I'm yet to get a reply, I was just wondering if anybody knew what facepack his regens have

Example picture http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/etfccremaschi2223.png

Sorry I didn't reply before, not been on the forum for a day or two, but here it is:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/329131-RELEASE-OLT-Expanded-Hair-Pack-v3.0-The-Dress-Up-Edition

AFC Fylde 2022/23

One of the greats? Certainly part of the furniture.

League Past Positions Squad Transfers Finances

This season was awesome, I had my first foray into the Champions league, and managed to keep up great league form at the same time! We brought in a few players of decent quality to strengthen, but since I have a decent, young team I didnt have to go in for too many transfers. We were a bit slow starting in the league, but after about game 10 (the first 6 games included the 5 clubs repped better than us in the prem) everything settled and we kicked onwards. We didnt really have any major dips in form, despite the fact that hardly any of our games were played with our first team intact; there were injuries everywhere for most of the season. I felt sure we could finish 2nd or 3rd, an improvement on last year, and sure enough we did; runners up to Chelski who just stormed the league. Hopefully they may struggle soon though, Neymar and Hazard are getting older now. Though they do still have Dunn, an unbelievable striker. I was really happy with my team for their showing in the league.

We lost out early in the League cup, but that probably helped in the long run - I dont really care about it anymore. I said last season I hoped to go that bit further in the FA cup, and that we did! Granted, it was a pretty easy run to the final; half the big teams lost out very early on; in the quarters there was only Man united and us from the top 6 of the prem. We dispatched United in the final 3-1 and had won! I was overjoyed with another piece of silverware to add to the collection. Speaking of which , that silverware led me to becoming one of the top managers in English history! Still some way of Paisley, but I'm gaining! Fixtures for FA cup. Manager HoF.

In the champions league we did really well, qualifying 2nd in our group before beating Porto then Spurs in the knockout stages, before coming up against the powerhouses of Lyon. They have won it for at least the last 2 years, and beat me 6-3 on aggregate, not bad when they beat barce 7-1 on aggregate and won the final 4-0 against Man U. Once again I was proud of the team's efforts, and that money really helped.

Key Player Profiles

Wesley Said - In here for the 3rd season running. Now has 110 goals in 125 Fylde appearances, 3rd highest scorer in the league and a record average rating for Fylde for the season; great player. Not sure if he'll be ousted to play 2nd fiddle to my new striker, we shall see. 34 goals and 8 assists in 36 starts this year, could have been even more if not for a fair few injuries/getting brought off with knocks.

Andreas Christensen - New signing, formed a great partnership with Gur at the back. They're definately retaining their places for next year.

Evripidis Mimilidis - Not the higest average rating in the world, but a club record 23 assists as well as 7 goals in 39 starts this season really, really helped us.

Next season we are kicking on and hopefully I can replicate this season. If Chelsea/Lyon are as good as they were this year I cant see us triumphing in Europe or the league, some hopefully a good FA cup run again as well as the bets finishes we can in Europe and the premiership would be great. We broke our transfer record to bring in a new AMC who will hopefully be a great catalyst for the team.

THE UNITED NATIONS OF

BASHLEY F.C.

Bash-ing League One like a lemming bashing through walls...

2017/18 - League One

ia8Y6.png

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers (1) (2)

The League

League Table | Position Graph

The Domestic Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures | Johnstone's Paint Trophy Fixtures

Key Players

Flavio Schmid | Eric López | Josh Flynn

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Josh Flynn

The award he would have got last year if he didn't get injured. He deserved it with the performances he put in.

Top Scorer

Josh Flynn

43 goals in 53 games across all competitions. He's an absolute star.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Flavio Schmid

15 goals, 15 assists and an average rating of 7.56. He was the creative mastermind of our squad at AMC and deserves this.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Winning the league in our first season.

After coming up from League One, I just wanted to survive. Instead, we go and win the league!

Aims For Next Season

Survive in our new stadium!

The usual aim, survival. Except this time, we're in a new stadium. Bashley Stadium, which I renamed Lotus Park using special secret techniques which we're not allowed to speak of on the board. It's going to be a tough season, but hopefully we'll stay up.

Career Overview

Season      League                   League Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Blue Square South        17th               Survival
2014/15     Blue Square South        5th                Promotion - Playoffs
2015/16     Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promotion - Playoffs
2016/17     League Two               3rd                Promotion - Automatic
2017/18     League One               1st                Promotion - Champions

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

I am actually happy with that finish of 12th, my highest in the Blue Square Premier. After the last update I had a a big clear out and had a shocking start to the season. It was awful. I won one game in the first eight! I was in the bottom 2 and thought releasing all the older players was a bad move. Luckily I kept plugging away and we turned it around to finish mid table.

I'm not sure sigining tons of players is a good thing every pre season!

I started the new season last night and won the 3 out of first 4 games.

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st

Nice Swinburn. In the championship you'll actually start to get budgets. and nice too Padders, good to see you plugging away still!

Slightly odd, but what is the best way to get people of other nations coming through the academy? I assume get youth recruitment to maximum, but will having certain staff members of certain nationalities help? I want to build the backbone of the German international team in the future, if possible.

Just brought in 7 new German staff members, mixtures of scouts and coaches. Hopefully I will get some German talent through in the future!

Also, away to Lyon in the champions league. They've won 2 champions leagues in the last 3 years and were runners up the other time. They have also won Ligue 1 three years running, as well as the club world championship. And I'm predicted to beat them?!?

Edit: So I beat them 3-2. I'll be quiet now.

3AMyT.png

Wealdstone - Blue Square Bet Premier 2015/16

A frustrating season, and rather than battling it out in the playoff places, we spent a lot of the second half of the season in the relegation zone, escaping only on the final day with a 1-0 win against Hereford.

League Table- We stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

League Positions Graph - As you can see, a huge collapse in the second half of the season.

FA Cup- We reached the 2nd round before being knocked out by Bristol Rovers.

FA Trophy- 3rd round before being knocked out by local rivals Barnet.

Squad

Transfers -Nothing much of note here, a few outs and a lot more ins.

Finances - In the black, but only just.

Key Player Profiles

Cian Bolger - Again a rock in the centre of defence, and he needed to be, considering our defence.

Jake Sinclair - 13 appearances is a bit low, I know, but he had better than a goal every 2 game ratio in the league.

Rachid Bouhenna - Performed really well again, it can't have been easy for him with our leaky defence.

Season           League                   Position          Achievements
       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        2013/14     Blue Square Bet South          1st            Champions!
        2014/15     Blue Square Bet Premier        7th           Top half finish
        2015/16     Blue Square Bet Premier        19th           Survival

Sorry for posting twice, but I've completed 2 seasons since my last update.

3AMyT.png

Wealdstone - Blue Square Bet Premier 2016/17

It's a constant emotional roller-coaster ride with this team, and this season proved no different.

League Table - Agonisingly close to League football.

League Positions Graph - I think that the squad crumbled because of the pressure.

Cups- Nothing to report here, out in the 4th qualifying round to Maidenhead, and the 1st round of the FA Trophy in a replay.

Squad

Transfers

Finances - Finally looking healthy and I have a decent wage budget too after a board takeover.

Key Player Profiles

Akwasi Asante - The on-loan Brentford striker was the main cause of our success this season, and hopefully I can resign him, because he is a great player.

Josh Millwood - Stepped up massively after Cian Bolger left on a free after refusing to negotiate a new deal.

Rachid Bouhenna - Once again great in defence but maybe not as dominant as in the past. I've noticed that his lack of pace really lets him down.

Career Overview

Season           League                   Position          Achievements
       ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        2013/14     Blue Square Bet South          1st            Champions!
        2014/15     Blue Square Bet Premier        7th           Top half finish
        2015/16     Blue Square Bet Premier        19th           Survival
        2016/17     Blue Square Bet Premier        5th            Playoff Final

Next Season

Get Asante back to the club, get a halfway decent keeper so we stop leaking goals, and try to take the next step to League Football.

Season Update 2027/28

St. Neots Town

Premier Division

stneot.png

Profile - Squad - Table - Graph - Finances - Transfers - Board Overview

A 2028 season seeing Norwich win the EURO Cup. Man Utd lift the PRM title as well as the LC title and finally St. Neots lifting the FA ears for the first time.

Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool all averaged around 3 goals scored per game in the league. Puny St. Neots coming in 4th in the league in comparison "only" scored just under 2. We did however, only concede 36 goals, giving us the "best" defensive stats in the league.

Arsenal attempted to bribe me this season, to take charge of their team. But obviously I would prefer playing with measely St. Neots for the foreseen future!

In the domestic cups we were amazing. In the LC we faced Man Utd in the final and suffered a heavy 3-0 loss. In the FA Cup, we had a revenge and had a 3-1 revenge, meeting underperforming Chealsea in the final, where we did indeed

humiliate them 4-1.

The non british teams in the Euro Cup proved no challenge, with one of best games ever away vs FC Twente, who we beat 10-1. In the Semi Final however, we played against two timer EURO winners Norwich. (yes, Norwich!) lost 2-0 away.

We were up 3-0 in the home game, but a devastating goal from Norwich had us loose the tie on away goals. :(

Another fun moment of the season was a game vs Liverpool. We won 2-1, but Liverpool scored all 3 goals!

Player awards:

Pat Miller - Young player of the year.

Krunoslav Mance - Golden Glove. (Look at Man City and Utd, sharing the award the past many many seasons)

Many players were performing well in this season, but the key players to mention are:

Krunoslav Mance: Had his best season as keeper with an amazing 66/61 and 23 cln sheets record.

Karl Donald: Our young purchase from Man Utd. Is starting to develop into a quality player.

Nathaniel Douglas: Another young player from Wolves, also starting to mature really well.

Eduardo Velazquez: Finally has played himself into our team in his second season. Can only imagine him becoming better in the next seasons.

And finally:

Pat Miller: 54 games, 50 goals and 26 assists. Just an amazing player.

Hopefully this next season will be our last in our current 12.500 stadium. Really looking forward to potentially being able to get a large stadium, so we finally can please all of our future supporters :D

Season	League	Position Achievements
2013/14	BSN	4th	 Qual. through playoffs	
2014/15	BSP	17th	 None
2015/16	BSP	1st	 Winner
2016/17	L2	18th	 None
2017/18 L2	2nd	 Promoted, FA 6th rnd
2018/19	L1	13th	 JPT Runner-up
2019/20 L1	2nd	 Promoted
2020/21	CH	7th	 None
2021/22 CH	8th	 None
2022/23	CH	1st	 CH Winner
2023/24	PRM	11th	 League Cup Semi Final
2024/25 PRM	6th	 FA Cup Semi Final
2025/26	PRM	4th	 EURO Semi Final
2026/27	PRM	6th	 LC Winner, FA Cup Runner Up
2027/28	PRM	4th	 LC Runner Up, FA Cup Winner, EURO Semi Final

Wingate & Finchley - npower Championship - 2023/24

We have been promoted as champions for three years in a row, but this season was always going to be a difficult one.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a few good results but just couldn't string a series of wins together. It became obvious we were going to end up in mid table so rotated the squad quite a lot in the second half of the season. We finished the season in terrible form so we will need to improve on that next season.

Capital One Cup - nothing spectacular as we beat a lower league team then lost to a Premier League one.

FA Cup - much like the Carling Cup, we lost to Premier League opposition.

Transfers - the new scouting limits meant I was able to scout players in Europe, so there was an influx of foreign signings as I sold off most of the old squad for a decent profit.

Squad - this is a decent squad, but with a lot of new players things haven't really clicked this season. With a small number of additions I think this squad should be capable of pushing for promotion.

Finances - the new owner has invested £9m, which means we don't really need to worry about money for a while.

Key Player Profiles:

Frank Louis - none of the new striker impressed, so it was one of the old squad that was our top scorer.

Mehdi Sergent - easily our best player this season.

André - had a solid season in midfield.

Troy Spong - he's still keeping his place in the team.

Mourad Adrar - probably the best of the new strikers, but struggled with injuries.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th

Next Season

There are lots of improvements going on with the facilities, so hopefully next season we will be in a decent position to push for promotion.

Urgh, this is ridiculous. Injuries, injuries everywhere!

Also, has anyone been dafter than me? I forgot to change the long term contract of one of my players who we've had for ages. So now he was valued at about 6.5M, could have gotten 10 for him. Last day of the January transfer window, City activate his release clause. Of 3 Million. Needless to say I've been through and checked no one else has stupidly low release clauses left over.

MARINE

Season 6 Review - 2018-19 - Blue Square Bet Premier

League Table - Past Positions - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Cups

A quick rebuild in pre-season left us with a squad that I felt was capable of staying up just about. A slight tactical tweak from last season, after the new patch rendered my previous tactics ineffective going forward, saw us pick up a lot of excellent wins throughout the season and a safe midtable position. It wasn't the most exciting of seasons but I'm really happy with how we played all season apart from a minor blip in March.

Did well in the cups and the promotion boosted our attendances which in turn helped our financial position and I feel pretty confident looking forward to next season.

Finances - Transfers - Squad - Confidence

Key Players

Ibrahim Keita - Signed in mid November and finished comfortably top scorer. Hopefully he can play this well next season and we might have a chance of sneaking a playoff spot.

Bradley Saxton - Second top scorer and brilliant in the opening 15-20 games and had an outstanding strike-rate. Died off badly in the second half of the season but kept working hard and played well after the goals dried up.

Mark Binns - Brilliant season once again from my top centre back.

All 3 have been signed contracts for next year which is fantastic news for us.

Academy Player of the Year

Owusu was the only academy player in the 1st team squad. Played very infrequently and has been released.

Last Seasons Plans/Targets

Rebuild SUCCESS

Survive SUCCESS

Next Seasons Targets

Rebuild

Survive

Kick on and sneak a playoff place

Season Division Position  Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   BSN     12th     Survival
2014/15   BSN     10th      
2015/16   BSN      4th     Playoff finalist/FA Cup 1st rd
2016/17   BSN      2nd     Playoff finalist/FA Cup 2nd rd
2017/18   BSN      2nd     Playoff winners
2018/19   BSP     13th     Survival/FA Cup 2nd rd

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town 2014-15

This season Kettering Town, again, exceeded expectations in our first season back in the BSBP. The same back four continued their fantastic form, following on from last season and boosted by new addition Neill Byrne. Unfortunately this effort was undermined as both of our keepers were unable to perform in the higher league. The front three did not survive as well as Hatib Cham missed more than half the season thanks to 2 back-to-back lengthy injuries, while Jamie Griffiths was at best average. This left the ageing John Melligan to do the business up top with substitute Luke Medley and new boy Jack Werndly.

Last year our season was defined by the signing of keeper David Wootton halfway through, which saw us go 9 league games without conceding. Similarly, this season was brought to life by the arrival of Tom Collins. While we were often dominating teams and defending well, we struggled to find goals before Tom arrived and became our top scorer in a short space of time and brought us close to the playoff zone, before the team lost form and dropped down to finish 12th.

In the cups the reserves made a respectable effort, reaching the FA Cup 1st round and the FA Trophy 2nd round.

Next season the Poppies hope to achieve a playoff position. We will need to sign a keeper or two as Kelvin Jack has retired, David Wootton refuses to sign a new contract and Laurie Walker is just not good enough. Squad depth in defence was an issue this season, so reinforcements are also needed there. I will look to get the team playing wider to add attacking options, which will probably mean a new formation and buying a couple of wingers.

League Table

Transfers

Past Positions

Results

Player Stats

Neill Byrne

Tom Collins

Jack Werndly

Jamie Griffiths

Hatib Cham

Other

Premier League - Manchester City

FA Cup - Manchester United

FA Trophy - Luton Town

League Cup - Manchester City

Champions League - Manchester United

Europa League - Newcastle United

Sold 17 players in January, bringing in £20m. Not a bad window at all. £20m sold and only £3.7m in all season. Sold Oleg Toom for 5.25m and Kristaq Saciri for 4m. Both were great for us but were starting to underperform so I got shot of em before the interest cooled.

Urgh, this is ridiculous. Injuries, injuries everywhere!

Also, has anyone been dafter than me? I forgot to change the long term contract of one of my players who we've had for ages. So now he was valued at about 6.5M, could have gotten 10 for him. Last day of the January transfer window, City activate his release clause. Of 3 Million. Needless to say I've been through and checked no one else has stupidly low release clauses left over.

Yep :( my Irish international right back disappeard for £1.5m. Needless to say I also checked everyone else of note.

STAFFORD RANGERS

Dare we believe? I started the season, rocky. 6 games without a win and I was resigned to spending more than a season in a division for the first time in this challenge. My scouts have been fantastic, cuing me to some great free agents and that has to be the single biggest reason for our late season surge. I am tentative about posting but hopefully I dont suffer the "post it blip". We do have a cracking solid defense at the moment, and thats by far the secret of our success. Teams with good wingers suffer at the hands of the magic d button I call Opposition Instructions.

No single team has imposed itself on the league and that alone gives me confidence that we can secure automatic promotion and make it 3 consecutive promotions. We have a game in hand and if we collect the 3 points we will go joint top. I've been offered two contracts by rival teams but Stafford it will remain.

SFNPL3rd.jpg

AFC Fylde 2023/24

We're the best around! ish...

League Past Positions Squad Transfers Finances

This season was legendary. We had a really good transfer window - I made my first marquee signing! Adryan joined us from Juventus for 16.75M and would play in the hole behind the striker - in a 4-2-3-1 I view this as the most important position. We lost our first choice right back for his 16.75 release clause but picked up a certain Mr. Carlos Swift on a free, having been released from Man City. We also gathered up Benzia, a striker I'd had my eye on for a few seasons, and sold off Paddy Kenny, our old reserve striker. Also we signed a few under 18s for the future. All in all our transfer net spent wasnt too high.

The season started off OK, and by game 8 we were firmly wedged in the top 4. However I had forgotten one thing with Adryan. He didnt speak English. So it took him an awful long time to bed in, and for the first 10 or so games we were lucky to see a 6.00 rating throughout a match. The fans and board were saying he was a poor piece of business, but I kept faith. Then, around 1/3 of the way through the season, everything clicked. He got a basic grasp of English and we started flying. We ended up storming the league - the points we dropped to 2nd over the season from game 16 onwards were mainly when Spurs played before us in the weekend. We secured the prem with a couple of games to spare, to bring the largest trophy to date back to the Fylde. Not only that, we are now the 11th highest repped club in Europe! Reputations.

On a sidenote, we were the 6th different premiership winner in 7 years. Hopefully we can apply some stability to the trophy's home.

The FA cup and League cup were a bit poor. We got massacred by injuries so I ended up blooding some truly awful academy products I had lying around. This season I've got more Facility upgrades planned as well as expanding my Youth recruitment policy and Academy levels so hopefully soon I can actually get some talent in and I dont have to keep signing 15-17 year olds fomr other clubs just so I can have decent players in my '3 years at Fylde' section of my champions league squad.

The Champions league was great - I walked the group (which included recent dominant force Lyon, who seem to have dropped off this year). I also waltzed the next few rounds, the highlight being a 4-1 win at the San Siro against AC. However we were beaten by Bayern in the semis. We dominated the second leg having been beaten in the first, and the tie went to extra time. We missed a penalty in the 115th minute and then Munchen stole it in the final minute with a dodgy goal from a set piece. I was a bit heartbroken, as the other finalist was Man Utd, a team I know I can beat. It still helped the finances and rep, though.

Next season I want to retain the premiership as well as hopefully get to the final of the champions league. Really I just want to survive til 2026 when I can get a new stadium - at the moment mine is maxed at 12500, of which 7000ish are season tickets. We sell out every single game and really need the extra bums on seats.

Key Players

Andreas Christensen - The big defender had a great season again, now the captain of AFC Fylde, he had the pleasure of lifting the premiership trophy aloft. His partnership with Gur was awesome again, blighted only by some long term injuries to Gur which kept him out for about 5 months of the year. They still manged about 20 games together.

Carlos Swift - Picked up on a free and my vote for signing of the season. Swift by name and swift by nature, Carlos is ranked as a 'leading star' in the prem as well as one of the best players at the club, the explosive right back has many years at Fylde ahead of him as he's still only 24. Chelsea are sniffing around but hopefully my 20M asking price puts them off.

Yassine Benzia - The game's decision for premiership signing of the season. Brought in for only 7M, that looks a snip after the mercurial Frenchman hit 34 goals and 13 assists in 43 starts in his first season for the Coasters. Still not getting a recall to the France squad, though. No idea why.

Ashton United

The Robins!

ClubLogo.jpg

2020-21 - Barclays Premier League

Another season at the top table of english football and after a rocky start we settled comfortably into mid table. We seemed better defensively and better going forward but prone to going on runs of wins,draws or defeats.

All our Premier League home games were a sell out bar the game against QPR. So hopefully we'll be able to expand the stadium although not sure if want to do it now or wait until after next season.

League Table | Progress Chart

We reached the 4th round of the Capital One Cup. In the 2nd round we beat Northampton 3-0 at Ashton Utd Stadium following that up with a 1-3 win away at West Brom and then loosing 0-1 at home to Reading.

Our run in The FA Cup took us to the sixth round (quarter finals) where we lost to Chelsea 3-1 at the Lampard Arena. To get there we beat QPR 1-4 at Loftus Road, Ipswich 1-2 at Portman Road and Notts County 0-1 at Meadow Lane.

Finances | Transfers | 1st Team Squad

Key Players

Omar Durán Our record signing and he shored up our left flank defensively.

Bjarki Ragnarsson Our top goalscorer. I have been developing him to be an inside forward to cut in from the left flank, but an injury to Morales meant he played up front for a while and scored a hat full.

Lucas Morales Another good showing from the Argentine youngster. A few areas he can still improve on and I'm hoping he'll develop into a potent stiker in the next couple of seasons.

Victor Moses A free transfer thanks to our director of football Michael Owen. He didn't get a look in early on until I'd sold Daniel Cohen, but I wish I'd given him a chance earlier. He reminded me of Harry Baker from our BSP days. Likes to run a defenders and pops up with some belting goals and also prone to woeful performances.

History

Season          League                         League Finish     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North              2nd               Promoted via Playoffs 
2014/15         Blue Square Premier            15th              Survival
2015/16         Blue Square Premier            5th               Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17         Npower League Two              4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18         Npower League One              4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2018/19         Npower Championsip             3rd               Promoted via Playoffs
2019/20         Barclays Premier League        14th              Survival
2020/21         Barclays Premier League        11th

The deal was done by my director of football, I only allowed him to join as he's older than most of my squad thus providing experience and for numbers otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with him. It wasn't until I sold Cohen and got injuries that I looked at him. I probably also under used Kara too as I played in the DM role, whilst it may have been better to try him at CB. But alas, we live and learn.

*edt* Just had a notice that our stadium is to be expanded by 3878 seats to take the capacity up to 17330 - which means we'll share the Britannia Stadium with Stoke until 11/02/2022.

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

Thanks for the good words guys.

Didn't play after the loss in the Play Off Final last night. :(

The club going professional couple of seasons ago has given us a huge boost to buy better quality players. I now have £14k a week to spend on wages. Need to buy a couple of strikers in the pre season. I had the second best defence behind the winners of the league.

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st