dafuge's FM13 challenge

I remember the stick we gave to someone who came into the FC United thread talking about FMRTE lol.

So do I! :p

Congrats TG!! You rule the World... Well, Europe at least.

Thanks, world domination is next on my agenda. I hope to get a good few more seasons from this save yet, especially as it is probably the best place for me to get my first 'named' stadium. Problem is we had a stadium built in 2018, which is fully expanded to 17158 capacity, and if what I've been told is correct, I can't have a new one until 2038. :/

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing about winning the Champions League, etc, is players needing contract renewals are wanting 'proper' wages now. Where I was getting away with paying 20/30k a week with minimal bonuses, the players now want (and tbf, deserve) 50/60k a week plus decent bonuses. Sold my DLP for £41m to Manchester United as he was on £80k a week for the past season (ironically to stop United buying him for his old £40m buyout clause), and replaced him with a £3.4m, £40k a week DLP who is also nearly 5 years younger. Even though my Chairman would likely cover any losses, I prefer to play within the clubs' means, and never buy a player for, or pay him more than I think he is worth to the club. And with such a small stadium, I need to keep wages as sensible as possible while keeping up winning ways.

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Barclays Premier League - 2035/36

Very promising season. We lost our European crown but we won the FA Cup for only the second time in our history. We were the League top scorers and only lost 3 games. Unfortunately Man City didnt slip up and recorded 92 points. We would of won the league in 11 of the previous 23 seasons with our points tally so I cant really complain.

League Table

Past Positions

Man City were in a different league. They were top all season long and we could only hope for them to slip up. They didnt so we had to make do with second place. We outplayed every team in the league including City but we just drew a few too many games. Hopefully next season will be the one for us. We slipped up when Rieser was injured for 3 months and then Ashley got injured for 5 weeks and I had to play a 16 year old striker for 5 weeks.

FA Cup - Winners. Beat Chelsea on penalties in the final. Our toughest tie was in the 5th round were Norwich took us to a replay. We made our way to the final and outclassed Swansea 3-0 to win the trophy for the second time.

Capital One Cup - Winners for the 3rd time in a row. Beat Man City in the final 2-0.

Champions League - So close to making it 3 in a row. Got through the group easily and faced Barcelona in the first knockout round. We got a 1-0 win at home before winning 3-0 in the Camp Nou. We then had a 6-4 victory over Real Madrid before we got Chelsea in the semi final. We should of won by more than the 2-1 margin in the first leg and that haunted us as we lost 3-1 in the second leg with Chelsea scoring the winner in the 119th minute. Chelsea went on to win the competition.

Club World Cup - Easy 2-0 win over Boca for the second season running.

Squad - Getting a little bit old now. Will need to start finding replacements as players are reaching their 30's now.

Transfers - Just the one incoming which was my Greek star. Nobody left the club from my first team squad.

Finances - £9.8. Profit :D

Youth Intake - Jonathan Williamson is the pick of the bunch. 4 Star potential for the young striker.

Key Player Profiles:

Gerhard Rieser - World player of the year. 39 goals in 33 games. Spent a long time injured.

Cristian Bozzo - Hit by injuries this season. Played only 31 games but set up 26 goals.

Lewis Ashley - Played well when Rieser was injured but then got injured himself. 19 goals in 24.

Triantafyllos Logaras - Well worth the investment. Broke Bozzo's assist record in a amazing debut season.

Matias Blizzozero - Another quality season. Really struggling to find a long term successor to him.

Career Overview

Season     League   Pos     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14    BSN      12th               
2014/15    BSN      2nd    Promoted Playoffs
2015/16    BSP      1st    League Winners
2016/17    NL2      12th   Survived
2017/18    NL2      3rd    Automatic Promotion
2018/19    NL1      6th    Lost in playoff final
2019/20    NL1      3rd    Promoted Playoffs
2020/21    NC       2nd    Promoted
2021/22    EPL      10th              
2022/23    EPL      6th
2023/24    EPL      7th
2024/25    EPL      4th    Capital One Cup winners
2025/26    EPL      9th    Europa League and League Cup runners up
2026/27    EPL      3rd
2027/28    EPL      3rd    FA Cup runner up. CL Qtr finalist
2028/29    EPL      3rd    Capital One Cup winners
2029/30    EPL      4th    Champions League runners up
2030/31    EPL      2nd    FA Cup Winners
2031/32    EPL      2nd    Champions League and Community Shield winners
2032/33    EPL      3rd    Super Cup and Club World Cup winners
2033/34    EPL      1st    Prem League, Champs League & League Cup winner
2034/35    EPL      4th    Ch League, League Cup, World Club Cup, Super Cup, Com Shield 
2035/36    EPL      2nd    Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup, League Cup and FA Cup winner

Ashton United

The Robins!

ClubLogo.jpg

2018-19 - Npower Championship

Our first season in what could be described as the big leagues, particularly when looking at the teams we were rubbing shoulders with. Only Walsall, Peterborough, Millwall, Cardiff, Brighton and ourselves haven't played in the Premier League since it's inception. So once again my hopes going into the season was for a valliant battle against relegation.

A mixed bag of results early on steadied as we removed the distractions of the Europa League and Captial One Cup at the first attemps and the steady form carried us up into the playoff zone. And despite a few blips along the way we remained comfortably in third place, never really threatening Watford and Everton who were leading the way.

In the Playoffs we battled past Norwich, winning 1-2 at Carrow Road followed by a 1-1 draw at Hurst Cross. The final was against Sheffield United and it seems my teams like playing at Wembley as we won 2-1.

League Table | Progress Chart

We entered the Capital One cup in the third round and were beaten by Newcastle 1-0 at St. James' Park.

In The FA Cup we entered in at the third round stage where we faced Bolton drawing 3-3 at home before winning 1-3 at the Reebok. Huddersfield were next and we were despatched via penalties after a 1-1 draw at home and a 3-3 draw in Huddersfield.

The Europa League adventure started and finished at the playoff stage. We were drawn against Slovan Liberec from the Czech Republic. A 1-0 defeat away followed by a 1-1 draw at home seeing us out of the competition. Looking back I probably should have progressed from this tie, but alas, live and learn as they say.

Finances | Transfers | 1st Team Squad

Key Players

Anderson Lewis Wow, I didn't think he'd make the step up but he took his chance in the team with both hands. Unfortunately he's "not that interested" in signing a new contract so he'll be on his way this summer.

James Schooley Quality goalkeeper who my coaches think could be a good Premier League keeper. He's continuing to develop and looks to be a real find.

Most of the team played well but these two stood out for me.

I must confess that I'm a little disappointed that we've been promoted. I was expecting a battle to survive and then to consolidate and then get promoted. Especially when I saw the teams in the division like Aston Villa and Everton and all the other former Premier League teams.

Of course, I'm expecting that we'll find it difficult in the Premier League unless we can sufficiently strengthen in the summer.

Our chairman, Lee Bridge, is looking to sell and so far there's been two failed bids from a local businessman "Fabian Hunt". Not getting good vibes from Mr. Hunt, particularly as he was going to bid 2.odd million when the club is worth 5/6 million, so I hope he goes someplace else.

History

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
2013/14         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted via Playoffs 
2014/15         Blue Square Premier   15th              Survival
2015/16         Blue Square Premier   5th               Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17         Npower League Two     4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2017/18         Npower League One     4th               Promoted via Playoffs
2018/19         Npower Championsip    3rd               Promoted via Playoffs

*edt* New stadium announced. Nice initial capacity give our current capacity is 6750, hopefully it'll be extendable to a decent size.

MARINE

Season 5 Review - 2017-18 - Blue Square Bet North

League Table - Past Positions - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Cups

Considering I only remember us playing well once all season we did quite well on the back of a gritty defence and Heffernans goals. A steady season for most of my players featuring an all new, and just as solid as last year, defence. This set us up to grind out results all season. However our legendary bottling skills came to fore again. Going into the last game of the season needing only to beat 19th placed Hyde to win promotion. Naturally a previously solid CB decided to woefully underhit a backpass (again!)and cost us the victory that would have taken us up. Only a last minute winner in the home 2nd leg of the playoffs saved us from extra time. The final it self nearly killed me

We went 2 up relatively quickly thanks to the ever reliable Heffernan. However and own goal and defensive lapse made it 2-2 just before half time. A goal less 2nd half led to painful extra time. Both player brought players of with knocks so both were down to 10. When we win a penalty in the 109th min. Saxton steps up and bam. Missed! It would appear we dont like doing things the easy way! We go to pens. 3-3 after 5 each so we go to sudden death. Standard stuff for us. Eventually in the 9th round of pens my keeper makes a save and we actually win! Was agony to watch though!

Finances - Transfers - Squad - Confidence

Key Players

Bernard Heffernan - Top scorer after a slow start. The only player to make double figures for the season. As hes only a loan he will leave a very big hole in my squad for next year

Mark Binns - Very good at CB. Was a capable replacement for the outgoing Wilkinson and Broadhead. Only other player to really stand out.

Academy Player of the Year

None of note; Owusu played occasionally but lost his 1st team berth.

Last Seasons Plans/Targets

Rebuild SUCCESS

Survive SUCCESS

Next Seasons Targets

Same again

Rebuild

Survive

Season Division Position  Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   BSN     12th     Survival
2014/15   BSN     10th      
2015/16   BSN      4th     Playoff finalist/FA Cup 1st rd
2016/17   BSN      2nd     Playoff finalist/FA Cup 2nd rd
2017/18   BSN      2nd     Playoff winners

Note: Im ground sharing with EVERTON while Rossett Park is fixed up to BSP standard. Im sure our 500-750 gates won't look silly there!

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2030/31 - Third

Frustrating season. With how well we did in the cups, it either highlights my inconsistancy when it matters or the sheer skill leap between the EPL and everyone else. I toughest games I have played so far in my save have all been English teams.

I think we did really well this season though and we could have taken it all if we hadn't been so woeful down the stretch. In a period where we got to the CL and won it, won the FA cup and had these massive games we were winning, the boys just seemed to turn off for PL games and have a sleep. Very annoying.

However, I was quite content with the squad and are only really lacking an amazing strike partner for Semmo and a new keeper.

League Table

Man City had a pretty poor season and ended up in sixth. Notts Co were a suprise ending up in tenth and playing some good football.

Arsenal easily got out of the Champions just demolishing everyone and ending up on 105 points. Bath and Wrexham were again midtable disapointments.

Games

Finances - 45 mil doesnt really show how much money we were losing per game. It would be 70+ I think if we had a decent stadium. The CL money saved my behind yet again.

FA Cup - I really fun cup run which started poorly against Bath, but we really ramped it up from there. A tough schedule to get to the final, but once there we showed Man City how to win a trophy.

Capital One Cup - I hate Welsh teams. Swansea we Knocked over pretty easily, but Cardiff took us to the Pens where they missed three giving us the title. Man City were a real hassle in the semis too.

Champions League - Quite a rough group this season and I didn't expect to even qualify from it. Luckily we did and went on to breeze by Sporting and Man City. Real Madrid were easy in the first game but really showed us up in the second. Quite odd really.

Atletico Madrid were up in the final and wanted our blood bad. Thankfully we were able to get some goalscoring form which eluded us in the last month of the PL and took the trophy home for the first time.

Squad - Need a keeper and another top class striker, but other than that loving the development.

Key Player Profiles

Diego Galletti - A season marred by Injury, but some good football and developing well too.

Jose Maria Zorilla - Got his first Argentine cap this year and did really well. Really cracking on with the assists and scoring a few vital goals.

Player of the Season

Lukas Eller - Fullback pickup at the start of the season who had a blinder.

Thomas Semertzidis (Semmo) - Lazy ******* finally learnt some English, but his goal scoring ability this season was marred by a disclocated shoulder and average form.

Youth Players

Decent prospects this season but nothing game changing. The imports are really shining though. They won the U18 cup this season.

Project Player

players with potential to be stars who I will take under my wing

Louis Kalonji - Getting rotation in the main squad. Fantastic youngster

Jared O'Mara - Great progress this season. Saw a few games and will get more next year.

Retired/Left the club

Hector Cisneros - Broke the Premier League for amount of goals scored this season by 5. sadface

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!
2020/21       St. Neots               England                npower League 1             2nd                           Second Place. Promoted
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         9th    
2022/23       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         6th                            Promoted via Playoffs
2023/24       St. Neots               England                Premier League              14th   
2024/25       St. Neots               England                Premier League              9th                            Capital One Cup Winners           
2025/26       St. Neots               England                Premier League              6th                            Euro League Winners  
2026/27       St. Neots               England                Premier League              5th                            Euro League Winners  
2027/28       St. Neots               England                Premier League              4th                            Euro League Winners  
2028/29       St. Neots               England                Premier League              3rd                            Capital One Cup Winners   
2029/30       St. Neots               England                Premier League              4th                            FA Cup Winners/Champions League Semi-Finalist   
2030/31       St. Neots               England                Premier League              3rd                            Champions League/FA Cup/Capital One Cup Winners 

Next Season

Stadium

Finances

Stay in the black

Same as last year :)

Facility News

Need that stadium really bad.

Sold out every single home game of the year

Have a look at the amount of sold out home games.

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Man Utd, Chelsea, St Neots, Liverpool

Championship - Arsenal, Peterborough, Reading

League 1 - Barnsley, Bolton, Oxford

FA Cup - St Neots

Capital One Cup - St Neots

Champions League - St Neots

Euro - Valencia

Euro Super Cup - Real Madrid

Hyundai A-League - Heart/Phoenix

Wingate & Finchley - npower League One - 2022/23

Last season we upset the odds by winning League Two, so we were hopeful of keeping our momentum going.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Plymouth led the way early on but we kept within a few points of them. In the second half of the season they started dropping points as we carried on our good form. We won the league with games to spare, losing four of our final five games.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - once again I fielded a weakened team and got knocked out early.

Capital One Cup - it wasn't a bad run until we met Premier League opposition.

FA Cup - it was a great run that included a win over Championship Newcastle, but it was Premier League Norwich that defeated us.

Transfers - the big money sale of Arthurworrey financed our season, allowing me to bring in better staff and players. Foreign scouts brought me scout reports from France and Spain which made a huge difference to the quality of players I was able to bring in.

Squad - a few contracts are due to expire at the end of the season, so I have already started replacing them which explains the size of the squad. Previously big names such as Koster, Nisbet, Dovey and Lawrence will all leave for nothing as we look for Championship quality players.

Finances - things look great, but player sales and cup runs make the finances look flattering. Increased attendances next year will be the key.

Key Player Profiles:

Grégori Levy - the first of the big money foreigners to arrive, he made a huge impact. I just hope he recovers from his injury.

Frank Louis - his strike partner, also arriving from France.

Troy Spong - he's no longer the outstanding talent, but he's holding his place in the team.

Joseph David - a superb midfielder, but seems injury prone.

Danny Cook - one of the reasons for our great season, he was solid at the back.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions

Next Season

The league win was another surprise, but the club is once again in great shape going into a new league. I think the current squad is capable of competing in the Championship, so hopefully with a few improvements we can keep up our superb form.

Whats the longest anyone has spent in any division (excluding EPL obviously)? Got a feeling I might break whatever that record is!

I'm pretty sure padders spent between 5 and 6 thousand years in the BSN.

Been some great updates in the last couple of days, just out of interest (I know it's a bit late) what is FMRTE? What's it for?

Edit: Also dafuge, who are Linfield? They spent about 1.6M on 3 of my players in my championship year, they seem to have laods of cash.

Been some great updates in the last couple of days, just out of interest (I know it's a bit late) what is FMRTE? What's it for?

Edit: Also dafuge, who are Linfield? They spent about 1.6M on 3 of my players in my championship year, they seem to have laods of cash.

FMRTE is a save game editor, so it cannot be used with this challenge.

Linfield are a club from Northern Ireland. I suppose they may be playing in the Champions League qualifying rounds so may be able to generate a bit of cash.

Saying that, British and Irish clubs from outside England always seem to pay far more for players than the English clubs. I guess it is something to do with inactive leagues.

FMRTE stands for Football Manager Real Time Editor. Not quite sure exactly what it is capable of, but I do know that it allows you to change things during saves such as player stats, etc.

So it's basically a method of cheating? Gotta wonder why people do it, surely it just takes the fun out the game

After a ding donger with Rubin at home, the halfway point in the group stages of my debut Europa League season sees me on top of the group. The bigger transfer fund/wage budget at the start of the year has helped loads - the second string who play in europe/cup are about as good as our first team was last year.

And I've qualified! 1 game spare, on 11 points. An emphatic 6-0 away win at Trapzonspor (Fylde's biggest win ever), sees us in first, 1 clear of 2nd and 6 points clear of 3rd.

So it's basically a method of cheating? Gotta wonder why people do it, surely it just takes the fun out the game

Yeah I don't get why people do it but then I enjoy relegation battles more than title wins so maybe I'm not the right person to comment!

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

Another poor season really. I was flirting with mid table but towards the end of the season I went 9 games without a win. No reason for it!

Managed to stay up with a game in hand.

I did manage to get to the third round of the FA Cup. I beat League 1 Wycombe 3-1 away in the second round. Was chuffed with that result.

Lost to Crewe in the third round 4-0.

I did start the new season last night I had a great start. Was second going into September but then got injury after injury.

On this screenshot I have EIGHT first team players out injured.

I am now midtable after after not winning for a number of games!

So frustrating

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd

My Europa league semi final has gone to pens! So nervous. I barely had enough players to fill the squad, so many injuries.

I've only won it 3-1 on pens! Going to get demolished by Chelsea in the final though. They've scored 56 goals in the europa league alone this year. Edit: Not a surprise when you see they have this guy up front. Broken Klinsmann's records for goals in the Europa.

FC United of Manchester - Npower League Two - 2015/16

SASiF.png

Club Information | Facilities | Manager Profile | Board Overview | Confidence

Close but no cigar, Although we can now afford Cubans.

League Table

Past Positions

A very up and down season, where all the teams were moving around the table from match to match. I spent the majority of the season in a mid-table position, but near the end of the season we found some form and managed to bag a play-off place.

Play-Off semifinal first leg - We won the first leg at home comfortably.

Play-Off semifinal second leg - Another win, but this match was tougher as we were away from home. Rotherham took the game to us and were 1-0 up at half time, but our star strikers Phil Airey and Michael Smith won it for us in the second half.

Play-Off final - For the majority of the game I was on the edge of my seat, as Oxford took the lead in the 25th minute. In the dying seconds of extra time, we pulled it back to 1-1. It then went all the way to penalties, and Phil Airey had a chance to win it for us after Oxford missed their 4th penalty... But he missed! At that point I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Then we missed another, and after all the work we'd just missed out on promotion to League One. It was frustrating, but my boys played brilliantly to even make it to the Play-Off stages.

FA Cup - After wins against Coventry and Rochdale, and a replay win against Mansfield, we drew Chelsea in the 4th round. They dominated us and won 5-1, but it was a really good occasion and I'm happy we made it so far in the competition.

Capital One Cup - Went out in the 1st round to Middlesbrough. I didn't expect to get far, but a 1st round loss was a bit disappointing.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another disappointing performance in a cup competition. I wanted us to get a bit further than the 2nd round, but it was to be this season.

Squad - Everyone in the squad performed brilliantly as always.

Transfers - I spent a little bit of money this season, but also made some back.

Finances - With the new chairman came a lot of money. Soon after taking over, he threw £12M into the clubs finances.

Key Players

Phil Airey - I was very surprised that Airey played so well this season. In the pre-season I'd brought in a couple of new strikers, one to replace him and one to replace Jo Kuffour. After pre-season was finished and Airey had played well, I decided to give him a shot in my first team. I wasn't disappointed, as he settled into League 2 and earned the highest player rating in the squad.

Michael Smith - With Jo Kuffour on his way out the door after a lot of teams showing interest in him, I brought Michael Smith in to replace him. Alongside Phil Airey, Smith did a great job. He provided Airey with some brilliant final passes, and scored a fair few goals himself.

Richie Maguire - I paid £10K for Maguire in the January transfer window, and he was worth every penny. With the potential to play well at Championship level and being only 18 years old, Maguire looks like a player who'll be in my first team for many years.

Eoin Wearen - Another player I purchased in the January transfer window. Wearen's 9 assists in 18 games really helped push us toward the play-offs.

Stefan Galinski - My first signing of the season, Galinski joined for free after being released by Derby. His defensive performances were excellent all season.

Awards

Wheato's Player of the Season - Phil Airey - Quite an obvious choice really. I'll be looking for more of the same from him next season.

Aims For Next Season

I'll be aiming for the play-offs again, but hoping that I can get lucky and claim a surprise automatic promotion spot. I shouldn't need to bring in many players, as I believe the players I have now are capable of achieving my aim in the league.

In the cups, I'd like to reach at least the 4th round of the FA Cup again, and get further in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Other News

A new chairman took over the club in mid-October.

Training facilities and youth facilities are both getting a big upgrade.

I signed another new contract, which will keep me at the club until 2018.

Wolverhampton Wanderers announced a new link with us as our parent club.

Massive initial budgets! A wage budget of £30.5K, and a transfer budget of £5.85M! This new chairman really does have more money than sense :p

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
2013/14         Blue Square North     1st               BSN Champions, FA Trophy semi-finalists
2014/15         Blue Square Premier   4th               Promoted through play-offs
2015/16         Npower League Two     5th               Play-Off finalists, FA Cup 4th Round

THE UNITED NATIONS OF

BASHLEY F.C.

Bish Bash Bosh...

2016/17 - League Two

ia8Y6.png

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers

The League

League Table | Position Graph

The Domestic Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures | Johnstone's Paint Trophy Fixtures

Key Players

Veselin Naydenov | Oleg Toom | Josh Flynn

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Oleg Toom

Not only was he fan's player of the season, but he was also League Two player of the season. Despite Veselin scoring more, Toom picks the award up.

Top Scorer

Veselin Naydenov

27 goals in 41 appearances. Another great season and he wasn't even first choice.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Josh Flynn

Josh Flynn is my player of the season. He was on a roll until he was injured for four months. 14 goals in 23 games and it would have been more was it not for that injury.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

The 3-5-2 Effectivness...

A portion of the way through the season, we had a radical change to 3-5-2 which actually pushed us to promotion. Was a fantastic change by yours truly.

Aims For Next Season

Survive!

Yet again, survival is key! Johnstone's Paint Trophy would be nice too, as well as other good cup runs.

Career Overview

Season      League                   League Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Blue Square South        17th               Survival
2014/15     Blue Square South        5th                Promotion - Playoffs
2015/16     Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promotion - Playoffs
2016/17     League Two               3rd                Promotion - Automatic

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Barclays Premier League - 2036/37

This season was one of my favourites at the club. We didnt enjoy much success in the cup competitions but we did manage to win the Premier League for the second time in the clubs history. Really pleased to win it and win it so comfortably.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

We simply blew away the opposition. We led from week 15 and only lost top spot twice after that and that was only due to us playing a fixture after Man City. For alot of the second half of the season we were level on points or I had a 3 point lead until the final 10 games where Man City had a tough run in and I had already played all the big teams and had a easy run to the finish. City slipped up and we won the league with 5 games to spare. We were league top scorers and we had the best defence. We did lose 7 matches but amazingly only drew 1.

FA Cup - Couldnt retain our trophy. A 4-1 defeat to Man Utd in the semi final knocked us out after a terrible display.

Capital One Cup - Couldnt make it 4 in a row after Chelsea knocked us out in the 3rd round. Not worried as I dont value this competition any more.

Champions League - Made easy work of the group stage and I thought we had a chance at winning the trophy again. Unfortunately Dortmund sent us packing in the 1st knockout round 4-2 on aggregate. We destroyed them in both legs but the goalkeeper was outstanding. Shock exit but hopefully we do better next season.

Squad - Had the same core for a while now. Players will need replacing due to ageing legs.

Transfers - Nothing special. One squad player in and outgoings was loans for youngsters.

Finances - £26.4m loss. Champions League prize money and revenue is the big difference here.

Youth Intake - Paddy Gunn is a 4 star PA right winger. Got some very good youth prospects coming through now who will be replacing some of my ageing stars as squad players to give them experience and maybe they will become the core of my youth only team in the future.

Key Player Profiles:

Gerhard Rieser - World player of the year again. Scored 59 goals in 49 games including 41 in the league which is a new record.

Cristian Bozzo - Another injury hit season but set up 24 goals in 32 games.

Marvin Ramirez - Amazing understudy to Bozzo. Set up 24 and scored 9 in 31 games.

Triantafyllos Logaras - My pricy Greek was world class again this season. Worth every penny.

Matias Blizzozero - At 31 is getting on a bit now but is still amazing.

Career Overview

Season     League   Pos     Achievements
2013/14    BSN      12th               
2014/15    BSN      2nd    Promoted Playoffs
2015/16    BSP      1st    League Winners
2016/17    NL2      12th   Survived
2017/18    NL2      3rd    Automatic Promotion
2018/19    NL1      6th    Lost in playoff final
2019/20    NL1      3rd    Promoted Playoffs
2020/21    NC       2nd    Promoted
2021/22    EPL      10th              
2022/23    EPL      6th
2023/24    EPL      7th
2024/25    EPL      4th    Capital One Cup winners
2025/26    EPL      9th    Europa League and League Cup runners up
2026/27    EPL      3rd
2027/28    EPL      3rd    FA Cup runner up. CL Qtr finalist
2028/29    EPL      3rd    Capital One Cup winners
2029/30    EPL      4th    Champions League runners up
2030/31    EPL      2nd    FA Cup Winners
2031/32    EPL      2nd    Champions League and Community Shield winners
2032/33    EPL      3rd    Super Cup and Club World Cup winners
2033/34    EPL      1st    Prem League, Champs League & League Cup winner
2034/35    EPL      4th    Ch League, League Cup, World Club Cup, Super Cup, Com Shield 
2035/36    EPL      2nd    Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup, League Cup and FA Cup winner
2036/37    EPL      1st    Community Shield Winner

AFC Fylde 2020/21

A Bridge too Far?

League Past Positions Squad Transfers Finances

This season I was worried. Unexpected European qualification last season meant I was concerned that my squad wouldnt be able to cope with the sheer number of games. However a vastly increased wage budget and a decent transfer kitty meant I was able to strengthen my squad, having at least 1 player in every position - and my replacements pushed last season's starters down to the reserves, meaning my team was hopefully stronger overall. Most notable was the signing of Alex Smithies in January - vastly superior to my previous keeper who never quite lived up to his potential.

The league was average. We never looked amazing but were never out of the European hunt. However a depressing run of 6 games without a win in the league at the end of the season meant we didnt finish as high as we could. This was mainly due to a knackered/injured squad due to the horrific fixture congestion. a run of 4 games in 8 days (with only 1 fit, registered striker) tippified this. However a second successive 7th place is very acceptable in my eyes.

The League cup was a washout, once again.

The FA cup had me believing, for a second. a very kind draw saw us through to the semi finals, however there we met a spurs team that was just too strong. The final 4 was more than good enough for both me and the board, though. Hopefully we can go that step further next year.

Now, the Europa league. The qualifiers didnt see us break a sweat. We were placed into a group with Rubin, Trabzonspor, and Slovan Liberec. Oddly enough, it was us and Slovan (seeded 3rd and 4th, respectively) who qualified. The first knockout round saw us face off against Lazio. A brickwall performace from my defence saw us knick both games 1-0 and proceed to play Roma. A 1-1 at their place had me hopeful for the return leg, however when they took the lead I was sure our dream was over. Yet somehow the team fought back and clawed a 3-2 results out of the bag. AFC Fylde were in the quarters!

Here we played the mighty Azzuri, inter milan. Oddly enough the pre-match guy tipped us to win both games. And how wise he was. a 1-0 at theirs followed by a 2-1 win at home saw us into the semis.

Here we played Arsenal. I had only beaten arsenal once in the 4 times I've played them in the league, so I wasnt hopeful. A ground-out 1-0 home win put us in an OK position, but we lost the return by the same scoreline, and extra time loomed. And nothing happened. So penalties were called for. The first 2 of BOTH SIDES missed their spot kicks. we got through 3-1 on penalties to play Chelsea in the final.

Here I held out no hope. Chelsea had banged in 52 in the Europa league alone, and their striker had 17 goals himself. But i set up my team, but my faith in my defence, and ploughed onwards. We took the lead in the 3rd minute, and I was sorely tempted to park the bus. I refused, and was punished. Chelsea scored an equaliser and for the second successive game, we went into extra time. I was praying that we could just get to penalties, there I thought we may have a chance. But in the 117th minute, the unthinkable happened. My striker was felled in the box, and we had a spot-kick. My young right winger calmly spanked it into the top corner, and we had won the Europa League. I'm still not sure how, but it happened. It was easily my greatest moment on footy manager games, as it was so unexpected. I dont think we'll retain the title, we needed a huge slice of luck to win it this year and I cant see us repeating it. But i'll never say never after the events of this tournament. Fixtures

Key Players

Wesley Said - Our first choice striker. Finally beat Titchener's record of 29 in a season set way back in the BSN (that's how few goals this team has gotten for the last few years). Slotted home 35 in 33 starts. Also honourable mention to Paddy Kelly, scoring 22 in 29 starts as our 2nd string.

Isreal Valverde - New centre back, and he's awesome. Solid as a rock, helped us to 4th fewest conceded in the league this year.

Special mention, Roman Golobart - The big man from last year was demoted to the second string, but was my best player in the cups. On astronomical wages as I had to put a match highest clause in when he joined last year. but he was worth it.

Next year, I hope to build a little more. Maybe champions league spots? Or at least 6th. A domestic cup run might be nice. I got my first job offer ever, though it's not the best, it was still nice to feel wanted. I also got to pick my training camp; does this happen often??

Nice updates Hyp and Swinburn, good seasons for both are nice too see.

Unlucky with the playoff fc, can you really be surprised with the new expectations though? You now have all the money. Whatre your new budgets like?

£5.73M transfers, £31K wages. Massive for League Two. I'm pushing for automatic promotion this season.

Jeez. I'm pretty sure I had that sort of wage bill in the chamionship, and didnt have a transfer budget. Though now I'm getting to splash some cash.

Edit: Just after posting a news item pops up that tells me, amongst other things, that Fylde are now the 28th richest club in the world!

Archived