CM '02 talents. Where are they now?

I was wondering. The talents who turned out to be world class players in CM-versions between, let's say 2000 and 2004... Did they really become big players? This could be fun :). Does anyone has the names? Are there lists of former versions '-9' and '-10' players?

julius aghahowa... nope

stefan selakovic .. nope

ken bakircioglu...nope

cherno samba... nope

djibril cisse... nope

van der vaart...arguable , but not the 195 pa player he was thought to be

frank constanzo...nope

pennant... nope

Tsigalko . nope

If you mean young(ish) talents from CM 01/02, CM 3, CM 4 that turned into world class players, or regularly plays for one of the world's big teams:

Darren Fletcher - Arjen Robben - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Fernando Torres - Rafael van der Vaart - Christian Chivu - Kaka ... just out of the top of my head. Quite a few others turned into quite good players, who now play in one of the top 5 leagues in the world. And of course there was quite a few players that was not considered great talents in CM 01/02, but that became real life world class players anyway. Ronaldinho for example - hardly noticed in CM 01/02, but was voted world's best player in .... what year was it?

My best memories are of To Madeira, of course - a completely made-up player that you could find in a obscure portuguese club, but if you signed him (for about 5p), at any level, you were guaranteed 30+ goals a season. At least. But maybe that was CM '99 ... don't remember.

If you mean young(ish) talents from CM 01/02, CM 3, CM 4 that turned into world class players, or regularly plays for one of the world's big teams:

Darren Fletcher - Arjen Robben - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Fernando Torres - Rafael van der Vaart - Christian Chivu - Kaka ... just out of the top of my head. Quite a few others turned into quite good players, who now play in one of the top 5 leagues in the world. And of course there was quite a few players that was not considered great talents in CM 01/02, but that became real life world class players anyway. Ronaldinho for example - hardly noticed in CM 01/02, but was voted world's best player in .... what year was it?

My best memories are of To Madeira, of course - a completely made-up player that you could find in a obscure portuguese club, but if you signed him (for about 5p), at any level, you were guaranteed 30+ goals a season. At least. But maybe that was CM '99 ... don't remember.

You confused some games, it seems to me, because Ronaldinho was an absolute beast in CM 01/02, playing for PSG at the time. To Madeira was indeed in CM 01/02, he was created by a Portuguese researcher.

Maxim Tsigalko, now that brings back some memories, he once scored 60 goals in 1 season for me. Anyone else remember Justin Georcelin who started as a 16 year old from Northampton? Always bought him, on one go he finished with over 800 games and over 500 goals when he retired.

You confused some games, it seems to me, because Ronaldinho was an absolute beast in CM 01/02, playing for PSG at the time. To Madeira was indeed in CM 01/02, he was created by a Portuguese researcher.

Ah, ok. You may be right.

I also remember Cesar Delgado, part of the same talented Boca squad that spawned Tevez and Rodrigo Palacio.

Shame he didn't live up to his computer game promise.

Boca and River were goldmines for talent in those days.

Maxim Tsigalko, now that brings back some memories, he once scored 60 goals in 1 season for me. Anyone else remember Justin Georcelin who started as a 16 year old from Northampton? Always bought him, on one go he finished with over 800 games and over 500 goals when he retired.

Quote from wiki 'Tsigalko is perhaps best known in the public eye for the football management computer game Championship Manager: Season 01/02, for which he is considered by many players as a legend because of his massive goalscoring.' lol:D

Sherman Cardenas? or was he on a latter FM? Also Anthony Vanden Borre.

2006 IIRC, may have been 2007.

Signed him for Forest and he became a beast. Having said that, they roughly predicted Lewandowski too.

Anthony Vanden-Borre.

Andri Sigporsson.

Freddy Adu.

Nii Lamptey.

Kim Kallstrom.

FREDDY GUARIN. (is showing great games at inter and I think he will explode in 12/13 season)

Kennedy Bakircioglu.

Stefan Selakovic.

Ah the memories.

Corrected :)

Archived