Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lars the Dortmund one? If so, one thing I noticed was he seems a bit slow, which I don't like in that defensive midfield position, Alex Song suffered from it a bit and I think it led to a lot of needless yellow cards (I guess it doesn't have to, if you're a smarter player n that..)

Lars the Dortmund one? If so, one thing I noticed was he seems a bit slow, which I don't like in that defensive midfield position, Alex Song suffered from it a bit and I think it led to a lot of needless yellow cards (I guess it doesn't have to, if you're a smarter player n that..)

No that's Sven. Lars plays for Bayer Leverkusen.

Lars would be a pretty wicked signing at 15m, and really send out a message.

I don't think Walcott taking free-kicks is too bad. He's usually taking the indirect ones. He's also taking corners. It might be because our players established among themselves that Walcott can put in decent crosses. Wasn't he the one to deliver the cross that won us the game against Newcastle?

Shameful display from Walcott against Brazil.

No point picking on him, all england players are shameful!

While midfielders are on the agenda, Paulinho for Brazil while not setting the world alight this evening is a very decent player!

Walcott was truly terrible alright. Chamberlain changed the game though. Wouldn't mind seeing him giving a go beside Arteta.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at the tip of the triangle. The Ox has shown us a number of times that he lacks the discipline to play alongside Arteta. He could improve, obviously, but its still risky. Even when Wilshere played alongside Arteta, we didn't look good defensively. It was only when we had the industrious Ramsey next to the Spaniard that we looked half-solid.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at the tip of the triangle. The Ox has shown us a number of times that he lacks the discipline to play alongside Arteta. He could improve, obviously, but its still risky. Even when Wilshere played alongside Arteta, we didn't look good defensively. It was only when we had the industrious Ramsey next to the Spaniard that we looked half-solid.

Has he? I only remember him playing in the deep 2 for us twice, Newcastle and Milan and he was certainly disciplined enough in both those games.

Lars would be a pretty wicked signing at 15m, and really send out a message.

I don't think Walcott taking free-kicks is too bad. He's usually taking the indirect ones. He's also taking corners. It might be because our players established among themselves that Walcott can put in decent crosses. Wasn't he the one to deliver the cross that won us the game against Newcastle?

Arteta is good at free kicks

No, I think Bendtner has some resale value. Denilson not so much. From all accounts he's been poor in Brazil and been sent off for stupid things. But like Kawee says, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the likes of Arshavin, Park, Bendtner, Chamakh, Squallici and the rest.

Will the same happen to Bendtner too?

Bad news is Pulis is not around to chuck money at a player like Bendtner, the good news is Hughes has taken over. Offer him a twofor with Chamakh. Either that or do a "Look into my eyes not around the eyes." with Tony Fernandes.

• SI Staff
No, I think Bendtner has some resale value. Denilson not so much. From all accounts he's been poor in Brazil and been sent off for stupid things. But like Kawee says, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the likes of Arshavin, Park, Bendtner, Chamakh, Squallici and the rest.

Well it is the end for Arshavin and Squillaci seeing as their contracts are up

aubayemang, hig, jovetic, benteke or negredo would excite me through name alone. no idea if some would fit but they're goal scorers minus stefan i guess and a finisher is probably what we're crying out for, hig is probably the ideal but juve obviously sound confident on that deal.

I just want a striker who is a finisher and not in the same mould of Adebayor, Bendtner, Chamakh and Giroud that wenger seems hell bent on signing. Sanogo seems like another guy cut from the same brush as them and it just has not worked as we don't play to their strengths.

It's no risk isn't it. No problem with it as long as there is another striker brought in. In terms of players Benteke, Soldado, PEA, Higuain, Jovetic, Michu, Negredo, Kiessling. We can't buy an elite striker but we can buy close to it

One of them plus Cesar, Williams and a player capable holding in midfield (a Gonalons or Bender) would leave me quite content assuming there are no first team out goings. Another creative midfielder would be quite nice also

No need to worry about Koscielny yet. Williams is fine as a back up centre half. He is a good figure to have in the dressing room and can organise pretty well two things which we need in case mertesacker gets injured

We have apparently signed Aleksandar Mitrović, an 18 year old striker from partizan.

Well, Sanogo and this guy will make ideal Chamakh & Bendtner replacements. Still need another established striker to complement tho.

Archived