Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we have like 22 players leaving this summer (I read somewhere) so we need a restock overall. Looks physically taunting as a player but with a decent turn of pace. Seems good in the air too.

We have apparently signed Aleksandar Mitrović, an 18 year old striker from partizan.
He's a bloody tank. Technically good, obviously has it all on the physical side of things due to his frame (6ft3 and is massive), holds the ball up well and fairly good at linking up with team mates but also is a good run maker and, finally, is fairly clinical in front of goal. He's starting for us vs Belgium on Friday so that's going to be a big test for him as it's going to be his 1st cap.

I thought he was going to Porto, apparently, though?

e: just seen that he said on twitter that there's been contact with Arsenal but nothing's agreed, before turning off his twitter account.

Again though if he joins its another big tall physical striker, wenger seems to like the idea of that type but in reality we don't utilise them.

The raft of big, strong complete forward types does suggest that Wenger has been trying to find his Drogba. Not sure if that will ever succeed.

Would really like Higuain. A lot. Don't think we'll get him but he should be our #1 ST target at the moment.

The interesting thing with Sanogo (and Mitrovic if that happens) is that both would come in with experience at first team level. Sanogo has played at Ligue 1 level and France U21, while Mitrovic has Europa League, CL qualifiers and soon full international experience.

The interesting thing with Sanogo (and Mitrovic if that happens) is that both would come in with experience at first team level. Sanogo has played at Ligue 1 level and France U21, while Mitrovic has Europa League, CL qualifiers and soon full international experience.

Makes you think we won't be signing a top level striker.

yeah have to admit the stuff in Suggy's post, throw in a "Podolski, Gervinho and Walcott are able to play this position, Giroud has settled after first season and is top top quality" comment it does sound like Wenger trying to excuse those two guys being our striker signings.

But it's fairly obvious that Sanogo and Mitrovic will be in the U21's and get few first team opportunities. Wenger won't be stupid not to buy a CF now. Interest in Rooney, Higuain and Jovetic seems genuine.

We won't sign a striker. These two kids are it. "Giroud, Theo, Podolski, Gervinho will be enough etc etc"

Jovetic links seems genuine, but I've seen nothing to indicate that we are seriously in for the other two, especially Higuain.

ironic that i am excited by the youth overhaul, mitrovic sounds exciting by fm94's description.

for the 1st summer i am going to be optimistic and believe that we will be signing a striker and he will be one of the names that we want, there can be no way we will be left behind while everyone else improves. usually realistic ;)

Is the Sanogo move official or is it still just a rumour?

Hasn't been on the website but yeah it is almost certainly happening.

People should just wait and see what happens. Let's see where we are in 6 weeks time. Not much is happening anywhere at the moment

Hasn't been on the website but yeah it is almost certainly happening.

People should just wait and see what happens. Let's see where we are in 6 weeks time. Not much is happening anywhere at the moment

That's true but at this point we know Arsene Wenger, if he is looking to bring in two young strikers then in his head Giroud and Poldolski are enough for right now.

He is not going to turn around and buy a new starting striker aswell, it's not what he does.

That's true but at this point we know Arsene Wenger, if he is looking to bring in two young strikers then in his head Giroud and Poldolski are enough for right now.

He is not going to turn around and buy a new starting striker aswell, it's not what he does.

I am not convinced by this on this instance simply because of our need of players to fill in the under 21s. I think the issue with Wenger in the transfer market is he dallies too much. He doesn't quite get on with it in time and I also think he isn't keen with how the transfer market has changed over the last 10 years with much greater importance on agents to do most of the work rather than the clubs themselves.

I think we will sign a first team striker also because I don't think Wenger truly sees Podolski as a realistic long term option through the middle. All we can really do is wait and see what happens I will worry greatly if we don't see anything happen

This thread it awful. Complaining about youth signings ffs.

Don't think anyone is complaining about them being youth signings if that's what they are, it's if we go on and sign a first team striker after bringing them in.

Regarding them being youth signings, Sanogo is 20 years old and Mitrović maybe 18 but he has played 36 games first team games for partizan including in the europa league and has got a full international call up. If they both join they are not coming here to join the youth set up.

Also seen that allegedly we will have out business done by the end of June. If we're going on the best rumours so far then we've got Sanogo, Mitrovic, Cesar, Grenier and maybe this Ginter fella at the moment. Still alot to be done, but it's a positive start if all are true.

And with Ginter, he's another youngster with first team experience, with 23 games at Bundesliga level this season and 13 last season.

We signed Cazorla in the 2nd week of August I believe. So no, we didn't get our business done early at all.

Yeah, that's true, although Cazorla was a bit of a special case I think, with the way Malaga's finances gradually unraveled over the summer. I suspect that was a case of Wenger seeing a player he liked suddenly become available at a price even he couldn't turn down.

I thought it was more we always wanted him but it took ages to complete because they wanted all the money upfront so we haggled then down and such.

I wouldn't expect us to have our business finished by the end of June, though I'd be delighted if we did.

Been reading up on this Ginter, apparently he won the U18 Fritz-Walter-Medaille last year, a youth award for German talents ( The last two winners were Draxler and Götze). Hope he plays tonight against the Dutch in the Under 21s.

We signed Cazorla in the 2nd week of August I believe. So no, we didn't get our business done early at all.
I thought it was more we always wanted him but it took ages to complete because they wanted all the money upfront so we haggled then down and such.

I wouldn't expect us to have our business finished by the end of June, though I'd be delighted if we did.

This and dfgrigg said

Been reading up on this Ginter, apparently he won the U18 Fritz-Walter-Medaille last year, a youth award for German talents ( The last two winners were Draxler and Götze). Hope he plays tonight against the Dutch in the Under 21s.

He is meant to be quite a big talent. Once again I have no issue providing we buy the senior players where we need them

Archived