[FM12] Steklo X2

TomDixon77

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The boxes look great with that background. The shadow under the calendar bar looks also very good. The buttons, in my opinion, would look better with less dark stroke or without any stroke. Or if its shadow, with more spread on the shadow

Like so:

7rBom.png

I've got to change the tabs, and add the team logo into the header. The tab on the right is the hidden background selector

A bit more progress on the tabbed version:

OZTdP.png

WOW!!! This looks AMAZING! You are a legend. I think this is going to be the best skin ever, hands down.

I really appreciate your work and especially your decision to make a Tabbed version of Steklo X2.

If I can offer a suggestion...I think it might be more practical if the calendar bar is above the titlebar (turned upside down, not like it is now).

Absolutely beautiful. 99% perfect for me.

Tom, the 1% is this: everywhere you have lovely rounded corners, so it's quite jarring to see sharp edges in the very top left box (club name) - and 'senior squad' is still more 'blocky' than all the boxes below.

Oh, and are you going to put the search box in?

I can't do anything about those, for some inexplicable reason (I blame Ter :p ) those two bits are very inflexible. You can change the button overlay, but then you get the colours (which are unchangeable as far as I can see) poking out of the sides, if you don't have square corners.

I can't do anything about those, for some inexplicable reason (I blame Ter :p ) those two bits are very inflexible. You can change the button overlay, but then you get the colours (which are unchangeable as far as I can see) poking out of the sides, if you don't have square corners.

Its a shame although you can remove the club name box and replace it with text, also the size can be changed but to how well i'm not sure or have you tested that

Here's the completed tabs, and the new background selector for the tabbed version:

T9J7h.png

NE2P5.png

Tom,

I have a few questions:

- what resolution are you personally using?

- are you going to have club logo in the titlebar?

- are you editing the speech bubbles and the table graphics (inbox, league, heading, highlight)?

- how much editing left would you say you have?

Thanks

Tom,

I have a few questions:

- what resolution are you personally using?

- are you going to have club logo in the titlebar?

- are you editing the speech bubbles and the table graphics (inbox, league, heading, highlight)?

- how much editing left would you say you have?

Thanks

1920x1080

Yes

Yes

A fair bit

1920x1080

Yes

Yes

A fair bit

Nice, thanks. Is there going to be an option to select the different levels of opacity (20, 40, 60, 80) for the backgrounds within the game like last year?

I hope you are happy and proud how this skin is turning out, because it looks fantastic, both versions (tree and tabs).

I'm so thrilled in anticipation for the release of your skin, that I'm not playing FM until then (online FIFA 12 play on my new 46'' Samsung 3D LED TV is filling my void). But I'm not saying that just to rush your work, take your time and make it as perfect as possible.

A bit more progress on the tabbed version:

OZTdP.png

So so glad you have opted togo down the tabbed route.. like the trees as there is a sense of reminicense for the old versions and tabbed is the future for FM at the moment. Look F'ing awesome!!

Cannot wait til release!

I still don't like them, as they put too much data in a very compressed area. Also, widescreen monitors are much more prevalent these days (I don't think you can buy a non-widescreen laptop nowadays, and there are fewer and fewer 4:3 perspective monitors knocking about), so compressing the vertical space (which having a large header area does) makes no sense.

I still don't like them, as they put too much data in a very compressed area. Also, widescreen monitors are much more prevalent these days (I don't think you can buy a non-widescreen laptop nowadays, and there are fewer and fewer 4:3 perspective monitors knocking about), so compressing the vertical space (which having a large header area does) makes no sense.

Release Date Tom ?

No idea. It depends entirely on whether the textures/images used in the 3D engine can be changed (and I suspect the answer is no)

Pretty sure DW420 had a bunch of textures that worked for FM11 to update pitch textures, so it is definitely possible :)

And to those asking for a release date - it'll be out when it's finished :p Tom already stated he's still got quite a lot to do, so don't hold your breath for it to be too soon.

I've been tinkering with buttons and boxes, I think I've got the buttons sorted (I need to do the more specific ones, but that shouldn't take very long). I've still got dialog boxes, the processing bar, sitv, match boxes and home screen to do. Then finish the sidebar skins.

6qgv28.png

igc30g.png

f4pxy9.png

I've been tinkering with buttons and boxes, I think I've got the buttons sorted (I need to do the more specific ones, but that shouldn't take very long). I've still got dialog boxes, the processing bar, sitv, match boxes and home screen to do. Then finish the sidebar skins.

6qgv28.png

igc30g.png

f4pxy9.png

Perfection! Great job, Tom! I hope you finish the remaining editing soon and release the skin, so I can play FM again.

I would love to see how it looks with your brighter stadium picture as a background (the one where the view is from behind the goal). Can you post a screenshot of that, please?

Archived