Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. Two defeats on the spin and we've been awful in both, undoing just about all our hardwork since the derby.

A tonking off Man City this week-end be yet another painfull blow.

96/97. 5-0 at Newcastle, 6-3 at Southampton, and 2-0 i think at Chelsea.

I think we have lost three in a row since but i don't recall.

Thats the one, i remember the Newcastle game very well, Albert's chip from the edge of the box, the only centre back in the world who could score a goal like that!! What a game that was, i was a bit of a Newcastle fan at that time.

Thats the one, i remember the Newcastle game very well, Albert's chip from the edge of the box, the only centre back in the world who could score a goal like that!! What a game that was, i was a bit of a Newcastle fan at that time.

He is belgian you see, we do that kind of thing. :cool:

The King was awesome.

So you have hurricane bawbag now do you?

Ooh it has a name.?

Yeah it was given that terrible name by the Glaswegians who have suffered the most, i think some girl came up with it on twitter or something.

Phillie Albert, the silkiest centre half ever to live!! I'm sure that goal was voted in the top 50 goals of all time recently. Whatever happened to him? After Newcastle he dissapeared.

I believe he stopped playing football, he is only doing some commentary for french tv and for the rest he doesn't want anything to do with football. (so he said)

Sure loved to see him play back in the day.

We've had 95mph over here, I heard on the news earlier. Probably Scotland though.

102mph was the top recorded here i think, it was reaching 97mph in the middle of Edinburgh, they practically closed Glasgow because of the wind the other day, roofs blown off flats and crazy stuff like that.

I believe he stopped playing football, he is only doing some commentary for french tv and for the rest he doesn't want anything to do with football. (so he said)

Sure loved to see him play back in the day.

He was doing commentary on the Newcastle -v- Man Utd match last night.

Favourite young prospect of many an FM'er, Khoumar Babacar of Fiorentina, could be on his way to Granada CF! :D

Latest reports suggest he'll join initially on loan, with a clause to buy permanently at the end of the season. Fiorentina apparently want €10m and Granada are haggling to get him for €6m. Hard to believe he's still only 18.

There was some brief excitement at rumours Javier Saviola was on his way to Granada, but that's not happening. Club and player have denied the rumours.

Personally, I'm more excited at the prospect of seeing Babacar than Saviola. ;)

Just tried writing a post in my Rubin thread with bits of bold and italics in it, and it keeps randomly jumping when I've clicked B or I and will make me start typing half way through a previous sentence.

Did it on this one too. Anyone else having the same issue?

Just tried writing a post in my Rubin thread with bits of bold and italics in it, and it keeps randomly jumping when I've clicked B or I and will make me start typing half way through a previous sentence.

I don't even see any buttons for formatting, I just type them out if I ever use them.

If you've already gone too far down in the post or when making the post it will do that.

What about Chamakh? Granada were interested in him in the summer weren't they? Will they be trying to sign him again this window?

Granada actually agreed a deal with Arsenal for the loan of Chamakh in the summer, but the player said "no".

Claimed he'd never heard of the place. The club I can accept, having been outside the Primera for 35 years, but the city? There's always been very large Moroccan population here in Granada, dating right back to the Moors and the Alhambra. Either he's crap at geography or just simply didn't fancy coming to a club tipped for relegation. I'd say the latter ;)

Either way, I'll be happier if Granada get Babacar. Especially if they can tie up a permanent deal. :thup:

I haven't posted in here since 2011, so Happy New Year guys!

Has everyone had a pleasant start to 2012, I hope?

Regarding bawbag and living near Glasgow myself, I'm sure the highest recorded wind was 111mph on 5.1.12, it's not been nearly as bad since (hardly noticeable, in fact). A lot of fallen trees and bins blowing down streets. Make Scotland look worse, that's the last thing we need. I'm sure I heard on the radio last night that a building in Glasgow city centre and the street that said building is on were closed off because the wind has caused trouble to the structure of the building and it's been rendered "unsafe". Scary stuff.

380400_2655261699612_1197919689_32352390_910050990_n.jpg

Suzi my ever faithful pitbull, sadly died last night. She'd been a fabulous dog, so quite upset today.

Found her six years ago and took her in after she'd been abandoned in the village where I lived at the time. She was suffering from Canine Leishmaniasis, a horrible disease, but we managed to get it under control. Whilst it's never possible to cure the disease completely, under control a dog can live a normal healthy life.

For six years she's had a lovely life and has been probably the most good natured and gentle dog I've ever know, despite her being a pitbull and with the very much misunderstood reputation of the breed. I can only speak from experience that with love, attention and responsibility, the females of the breed are a great family dog. Before I'd had Suzi, if you'd asked me if I'd wanted a pitbull, the reputation would probably have dissuaded me. She was in that bad shape when first we found her though, we actually didn't know what breed she was. She turned out to be fantastic though, even more so considering she'd been an abandoned dog. Very easy to train and very faithful, it's easy how irresponsible imbeciles can train them to be bad.

We never knew her exact age, but thought she was about four or five when we found her, making her about eleven when she died. Pretty old for a pitbull I'm told. Unfortunately she'd developed a minor heart condition and the stress of an illness can cause the Canine Leishmaniasis to return. That's what happened unfortunately and in the last couple of weeks, despite our best efforts, she just couldn't fight it this time. I was sat holding her when she died last night, with her leaning against me as she always liked to do.

Always sad to loose a pet, as they become a part of the family and I'll really miss Suzi. She was a lovely dog. :(

Sorry to hear that Heath, always horrible when dogs die. I remember my last dog; we had taken her in from a shelter as she hadn't been properly looked after and was in a bad way, eventually managed to nurse her back to health and she died aged 17! At least you gave her 6 good years from when you found her :)

We've still got Taffy, a 16 year old Welsh Border Collie who came over with my folks when they moved to Spain. We've also got Minnie, a Podenco Andaluz who we also found abandoned and pregnant. She's about 4 years old now. Two of her seven pups, Buster and Timmy, we've still got and they're both 2 years old now.

All of them we're sniffing around looking for Suzi this morning.

Suzi did have a great life with us though. :)