Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea will win the cup. Lukaku scoring the winner.
No they won't, this time next season, Forest shall be playing some Eastern European team in one of the qualifying rounds of the Champions League.

Wishful thinking boys!!!

I think the winner of the Liverpool/Man Utd tie will be the team to beat with Newcastle or Sunderland as a dark horse.

bah, i have the cold and a headace today :(

My head is pounding today. Think I have caught something from my girlfriend who has done nothing but whinge constantly for days and her cough sounds like a dog barking :mad:.

No they won't, this time next season, Forest shall be playing some Eastern European team in one of the qualifying rounds of the Champions League.
You'll have to get past us first! Then there is the mighty Swindon to beat afterwards..

Dump her and get a disease free one. :D

I wish it was that easy. I keep telling her that 'if' (it wont happen), but if we ever broke up, she reminds me of the type of girl....and if you have ever, for some strange reason agreed to watch Wedding Crashers, she reminds me of Isla Fisher's character who is obsessed with Vince Vaughan and tells him 'dont you ever leave me...or I'll find you!!!!'.

Its funny how quickly you can put a woman in a mood by saying she is a little psycho :D.

On a brighter note, Ive just applied for a job with the Martin Gray Football Academy (MGFA) who is the former Darlington FC Assistant Manager and player. Well he has set up his own academy in Newton Aycliffe (Durham) as a coach and is looking for newly qualified teachers, or teachers who are on their way to qualifying and its for sports teachers to help raise academic achievement by delivering course & enrichment programmes. Seems interesting and I dont think I would reject £25 p/hour ha.

I've recently become obsessed with Georgia Salpa after I was skimming through channels & saw her on Big Brother. That's not to say I've gone as far as to watch the program, just I did a bit of searching and changed my wallpaper on my laptop. :D

Psycho. mmmmmmmmmm

Take the job.

Ive applied for it. Just hope I get an interview because Im good at interviews.

If your Mrs looks even the slightest bit like Isla Fisher, keep her whether she's diseased or not.
Nono If your Mrs looks like Lucy Liu, pass her on to me, please.

Natalie Portman is the woman you all want :p mmmmmm.

Do you guys know if there is a game like Sudden Strike. Its for PC obviously. I like to play such a game, doesn't matter if its a few years old or even older.

I was looking at buying Sudden Strike3. Anyone played that?

Henry scoring was emotional for me, childhood hero coming back and scoring on his first game back, the classic open the body Henry finish, the crowd reaction, the celebration... I just wanted to run around screaming! :D

--

Time to start on the links thread, haven't touched it over Christmas and now feel it is going to be a mission :p

Henry has and always has been my childhood hero. I'd love to been at the Emirates just for that moment when he scored, even Beckham appreciated it!

*Screenshot taken of Tom using a smiley*

On a brighter note, Ive just applied for a job with the Martin Gray Football Academy (MGFA) who is the former Darlington FC Assistant Manager and player. Well he has set up his own academy in Newton Aycliffe (Durham) as a coach and is looking for newly qualified teachers, or teachers who are on their way to qualifying and its for sports teachers to help raise academic achievement by delivering course & enrichment programmes. Seems interesting and I dont think I would reject £25 p/hour ha.

Sounds a very interesting prospect.

Used to travel to Newton Aycliffe quite regularly when I had a kitchen business near Warrington in Cheshire. One of my main suppliers PWS was based up there.

I remember one trip they put me in rather a nice hotel nearby. The England U21 team was playing at Middlesbrough, so were staying at the same hotel. To give you some idea when that was, Peter Taylor was the U21 manager and Wes Brown was in the side. I remember having a pint and a chat with Peter Taylor when they got back to the hotel.

Purefun - I've just been offered Sint-Truidense as a Belgian feeder club in my Granada CF save. :D

They're currently second from bottom in the Pro-League, so I'm going to try to help them turn things around. ;)

One of my saves in FM11 I had Lokeren. After sending them a squad's worth of players in the first season, I managed to help them survive relegation. They then went on to dominate Belgian football with all the loan signings I sent them.

Hopefully I can do the same with STVV in FM12 :thup:

In my current Granada CF save, I have Cádiz CF (Spanish Segunda B4 who they started with), Dundee United and now STVV. :)

I tend to favour having clubs in some of what are sometimes considered "lesser" leagues, so I can send good players to them, watch as they dominate their leagues and then qualify for Europe. It's like a little side challenge in the game for me.

Sounds a very interesting prospect.

Used to travel to Newton Aycliffe quite regularly when I had a kitchen business near Warrington in Cheshire. One of my main suppliers PWS was based up there.

I remember one trip they put me in rather a nice hotel nearby. The England U21 team was playing at Middlesbrough, so were staying at the same hotel. To give you some idea when that was, Peter Taylor was the U21 manager and Wes Brown was in the side. I remember having a pint and a chat with Peter Taylor when they got back to the hotel.

Good times heath, good times!!! I dont live to far away from Aycliffe and used to play golf there.

Whats the Palace/Cardiff game been like for anyone watching it?

Yeah I know that, but how? Do I go round the houses and ask her. Do I just come out with it and ask her. I'm not in the friend zone yet I don't think as we've only just started talking. We've been messaging for a few days now and been talking for about a week. She's still replying which is a shock. I think she knows I like her as well but I can't tell as I'm **** with things like this.

My third day back at uni and my sleeping pattern is already so ****ed haha. You have lectures in Jan though Ty? Ours don't start til Feb.

Yeah, usual times etc. Sleeping pattern is constantly ruined as well, been that way since I was 14.

Unrelated: anyone tried Lilt with vodka? It's a godsend.

Yeah, drink it regularly here. Usually while playing FIFA drinking games before going out!

Yeah I know that, but how? Do I go round the houses and ask her. Do I just come out with it and ask her. I'm not in the friend zone yet I don't think as we've only just started talking. We've been messaging for a few days now and been talking for about a week. She's still replying which is a shock. I think she knows I like her as well but I can't tell as I'm **** with things like this.

Tell her to get in the van and nobody gets hurt.

Well I don't know what you look like, for all I know... that could be a serious answer.

I can't help, as this has always came easy to me. But what I will say, is just be confident and ask her straight, that way you get your answer and don't have to faff about too much.

Well I don't know what you look like, for all I know... that could be a serious answer.

I can't help, as this has always come easy to me. But what I will say, is just be confident and ask her straight, that way you get your answer and don't have to faff about too much.

Unlike your ability to use the English language correctly. (Corrected it for you).

In all honestly in NF, it's probably just easier to ask her now rather than further down the line when you are likely to find yourself stuck in the "friend zone".

Tom, unless my eyes are deceiving me, there isn't anything wrong with what Ty has put. Yes come should be came, but I'm sure there are a few exceptions where you use come instead of came. This seems one of them.

I corrected "came" to "come" when I quoted him!!