Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Starting to lose a little interest in FM :(.

Think its down to the fact that I have been playing it constantly since I got it, and with X-Mas around the corner and I am getting a few PS2/X-Box games Im getting a bit excited for them.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Also agree with Tom, I hate Christmas songs... but I also hate Christmas. As weird as it sounds, I hate people giving me presents and stuff, always awkward for me.

Don't mind seeing the family together though, going round nans and everyone being there only happends once a year. This year will be even better with my sisters new baby (think he is 8 or 9 months actually), he is a right happy little chap at the moment!

This, except for the family bit.

Christmas for me is just two weeks off work spending a **** load of cash on booze because I'm bored out of my mind. Told everyone they're not getting anything & I'm hoping I get nothing in return, there's nothing more awkward than receiving presents.

Oh & congratulations BB.

Starting to lose a little interest in FM :(.

Think its down to the fact that I have been playing it constantly since I got it, and with X-Mas around the corner and I am getting a few PS2/X-Box games Im getting a bit excited for them.

You still play PS2?

They still make games for it?

----

Thinking of buying a PS3 myself (for my sons of course).

Ahhh Mayzie you bald sod :D

how have you been? :D

Been alright, I've pretty much stopped going to football and bought a house last year but other than that not much has changed, I've just been my usual bald, drunken self lol.

I was at the doctors today. I've been prescribed citalopram for depression. Happy days.

Also, re: christmas songs - I hate the majority of them. They're always unnecessarily happy and cheery and stuff. Christmas isn't always like that. On the other hand, I can't wait for Christmas dinner.

I was at the doctors today. I've been prescribed citalopram for depression. Happy days.

Also, re: christmas songs - I hate the majority of them. They're always unnecessarily happy and cheery and stuff. Christmas isn't always like that. On the other hand, I can't wait for Christmas dinner.

And you have depression why? Maybe we can help.

Fuaaarrk. Anyone here woken up with scratches literally all over their body, and no recollection why? Think I must of done something heinous to/in a thornbush.

Yes, I have the same scratches. :eek:

Any Moderator... I'm just popping in to ask whether I can get my username changed? This isn't a joke, I'm actually asking whether I can get my username changed :o :D

Best off PMing Neil Brock but name changes are not usually given unless there is a good reason. Usually if your user name contains your real name or email address you can have it changed.

Ah GD has turned into complete madness as usual this time of year.

Not as bad as normal. The advantage of steam is because it auto updates there is not the usual flood of when's the patch out threads the disadvantage is the flood of steam is crap threads lol.

Mods can't change names. PM Neil Brock and ask him. You'd have to have a valid reason though.

Would you think that 'Andrey Arshavin has become terrible' is a valid reason? :D

Llew_van Persie10? :lol:

Probably not. Once I made this user, Arshavin went rapidly downhill so, I'm not taking that risk again! Maybe 'Llew_Almunia1' as he has hardly anything to lose :D

Probably not. Once I made this user, Arshavin went rapidly downhill so, I'm not taking that risk again! Maybe 'Llew_Almunia1' as he has hardly anything to lose :D

Oh God, then please don't! :lol: Saying that, to me van Persie seemed like he was missing for 50% of the game today..

It was fantastic I agree, a couple of decisions going against us, but it's in Manchester so what do I expect?! ;) Vermaelen & Koscielny were very good again, but a couple of hair raising moments from Djourou & Mertesacker! Can't wait to have some full-backs at Arsenal again. :p Ramsey & Arteta played well today, but Ramsey needs to cut down on his trickery, all his back heels seemed to be wayward today..

I'll get a PM to Neil Brock now then :) Yeah, I know. Still, thought we gave a good account of ourselves, especially our defence. Brilliant, Brilliant game!
It was fantastic I agree, a couple of decisions going against us, but it's in Manchester so what do I expect?! ;) Vermaelen & Koscielny were very good again, but a couple of hair raising moments from Djourou & Mertesacker! Can't wait to have some full-backs at Arsenal again. :p Ramsey & Arteta played well today, but Ramsey needs to cut down on his trickery, all his back heels seemed to be wayward today..

I didnt get to catch the game until the second half, but from what I saw it was a really good game.

I thought Phil Dowd was terrible at times today; the lack of footballing common sense at times was cringe worthy! But, let's not take anything away from the game; brilliant! I thought Mertesacker was better today though. He did have his odd 'moment' which will be eradicated in time but, he made some clever interceptions and good, assuring blocks.

Arteta was excellent once again, kept and distributed the ball well. As for Ramsey trickery, I've spoken about that in the Arsenal thread in the Football Forum :D

As you all know, due to Arshavin being useless, this renders my username as useless. Due to me having my first name within the username, I'm able to have it changed completely. So, any username suggestions? :thup:

Remember, it can't have 'Llew' in it or should I just keep it as it is? :)

I wouldn't pick a current player's name, just incase he turns crap and you'll be in the same situation again. If you want it football related, go for something with Arsenal, Gooners, etc in it, or use an Arsenal legend's name; Henry, Bergkamp, etc.

Apart from that, I don't see how people can really help you. You got any nicknames?

Nope, need to buy my mother and sister. Hate buying women presents :(

Haha. I make sure that they tell me exactly what they want in advance. I cant be arsed with all the guessing crap.

Haven't bought anyone anything yet. I'll get my parents something and that'll probably be it.

No girlfriend this Christmas :)

Ive got a DVD & some chocolates for the mrs & need to get something for my Dad & then we are done.

I wouldn't pick a current player's name, just incase he turns crap and you'll be in the same situation again. If you want it football related, go for something with Arsenal, Gooners, etc in it, or use an Arsenal legend's name; Henry, Bergkamp, etc.

Apart from that, I don't see how people can really help you. You got any nicknames?

That's why I'm not going to choose someone like RVP or Song because, as it did with Arshavin, 'jinx' them! I might for for something like 'Bergkamp10' or, if I ask nicely, I may be able to get something like 'LlewAFC' :)

Anyway, cheers for your help, Gizmo :thup:

Not sure anyone would be interested but I am a judge on a wesite called http://www.debatabledecisions.com/ we basically have five of us look at all the major refereeing decisions in the EPL. We use a majority rule to see if the decision is correct or incorrect. For example if a game was 1-1 but the one goal the home team scored was offside we would mark the score as 0-1. If the home team was denied a penalty we would have the game be 2-1.

The main idea is to see if decisions do level themselves out at the end of the season. We have a decent following on twitter and last week we were featured on Between the Lines on ESPN. They did a piece about bad refereeing and used our version of the EPL as well as crediting the site they also discussed the idea of the website as well which was great publicity for us. Stan Collymore has also mentioned it on his twitter account.

Out of the pundits on ESPN one Danny Mills seemed indifferent, one journalist didn't like it at all and one seemed to really like the idea. It is not an exact science by any means but it started as a bit of fun and last weekend really took off after the Stoke City Vs Spurs game. After that match the site had 13,000 views and crashed because it could not handle that amount of traffic. One person was a producer from ESPN and contacted the lad who runs the site and asked to feature it on there.

It makes good talking points and although there will be a lot of people who do not like the idea it is great fun and there are also a lot who do like what we produce. We have recently been accused of being bitter Arsenal fans due to them having the most decisions against us but that is far from being true not one of us supports Arsenal. Check it out guys.

You should get involved with a similar site for Spanish referees... though I doubt you'd know whether to laugh or cry at some of their decisions! :p

Flying visit. Mad busy still at the moment, so haven't been online much. Granada beat high-flying Levante 2-1 on Sunday, so very pleased with that.

Oh... and Guilherme Siqueira's penalty...

[video=youtube;MNgdWf2i7Ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNgdWf2i7Ic

:D

OH GET IN YOU BEAUTYYY...

two cheques dropped through the letterbox today

one the biggest cheque ive ever cashed in my life as a tax rebate for years of shafting me... and another for the same reason from the electric company...

bit late for crimbo but damn well good enough to see me through new years... maybe ;)

the mrs shopping for a few dresses... im getting a new pc... the kids getting whatever the hell she likes and a holiday with my mates is booked....

merry christmas fm'ers..... MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS