Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

A power nap can work wonders for the human body, but a nap when your ill errrrrrrrrrgh. I feel drained.

NF - Good bit of advice there. Think thats I have half been trying to say without just bluntly saying it. Just act like your normal weird self and all will be good :).

NF i dont see why not mate, unless your planning on pouncing on her as you walk down the road i dont see why you'd want to make anything awkward.
NF - Good bit of advice there. Think thats I have half been trying to say without just bluntly saying it. Just act like your normal weird self and all will be good :).

Milner, unfortunately it will be awkward, no matter what. Her friend says it won't be unless I make it awkward. But I'm not stupid to know that no matter how unawkward I try to make it, it will be.

It is a good bit of advice. Unfortunately though she hasn't said that we aren't not walking up together yet. So I'd assume we're still walking up together at the moment. Although I don't think she'll want to for the reason you gave milner. I don't plan on doing anything wrong or bad if I did walk up with her, but unfortunately, she may feel uneasy around me on her own and I don't want that to happen. The best thing to do would be to just walk up and meet a few people at a pub and then go to the pub where the party is being held at. If she chooses to talk to me, I'll talk to her. I'll say hello and have the odd conversation with if the chance arises but I'm not going to make things awkward or uneasy for her and ruin the night for anyone.

I don't think I'll be talking to her much for the next few days at least, maybe longer and I'll let things settle first if we don't talk between now and during the party. Don't think trying to be her friend will be much use as that'll get me no where. When things have settled, if she feels comfortable talking to me then I'll talk to her, but for the time being, I think things should be left as they are.

I'd tend to side with what her mate says, but obviously that is just me and the way i would deal with it, i would advise to try and act like normal, speak to her as you would have if this hadnt happened and see what happens in the long run, if you dont speak to her, or cancel plans to walk up with her she will start thinking its made things awkward and its probably the end of it all, but if you just carry on like normal, not put any pressure on the situation you might still end up coming out it all happy. :)

In all honesty, what you're saying is all well and good. It can go both ways and things may change between now and tomorrow.

What I do wish is that I had made it alot clearer to her. I thought I made it pretty obvious and other people do to(they haven't seen the messages though and won't). The mate who said I shouldn't walk up with her said that she should have told me directly straight away to avoid any problems. But as others have said, maybe she didn't click on and those who did(2 in total, only a few knew yesterday), must have a gift or something.

I don't plan on walking up with her at the moment, but as I've said in my last post, at the moment, we're still on for walking up and she's said no different. I plan on leaving my house at 7, like I agreed with her. I won't wait outside my house like I agreed though and if she happens to be there or near as I walk out and speaks to me, then I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. If I was her, I wouldn't personally want to walk up with me. I won't ever hit/hurt a woman/girl ever. The past two times we've been out, she's asked whether I'm going home and if I am we'll catch the bus/taxi back together. Who knows, tomorrow night at the party may not be as awkward as I think it will be and if it isn't, great, but if it is I won't get worried/annoyed/wound up by it.

Oh yeah when i said pounce on her it was just ment as a joke, i didnt for a second think you would do anything untoward.

Women are a nightmare man, thats why im sticking to cats at the moment hahahahaha (yeah thats what i tell myself)

Hopefully it all works well for you man, let us know if anything happens :)

Women are nightmare. I will never try and guess what they are thinking ever again.

Some people don't need to guess they just know I have three mates all three are not very good looking yet they pull with ease. Some people just have a Jedi-like ability to say exactly what a woman wants to hear.

What you have to realise is, I don't take jokes very well, mate. Especially ones that aren't well thought out. If she saw this forum, it wouldn't actually bother me. It my actually show how much I do like her. Because obviously the hints I was gving weren't good enough.

If you want to be a **** mate, continue to be one. But people will grow tired of you and tell you to **** off.

I'll start, **** off.

So, SRL was right and milner was wrong.

She's messaged me and said that she won't be able to meet me as she's going to help the her mate set up. She said she'll see me at the party.

At least she's messaged me and it's already made it better and hopefully she's still talking to me at the party.

Typical woman!!!

You over think things way too much.

And SRL88, it is a strange name for a dog, but I think you can guess who he is named after!

I think I could hazard a guess :).

What you have to realise is, I don't take jokes very well, mate. Especially ones that aren't well thought out. If she saw this forum, it wouldn't actually bother me. It my actually show how much I do like her. Because obviously the hints I was gving weren't good enough.

If you want to be a **** mate, continue to be one. But people will grow tired of you and tell you to **** off.

I'll start, **** off.

Well said.

I think I could hazard a guess :).

Yes, darts legend Eric Bristow of course. *wink*

Yes, darts legend Eric Bristow of course. *wink*

When I saw that you had posted I was thinking to myself that if you said who then, my answer would have been Eric Bristow ha.

Ty!!

I made a return to footballing action last night. After Scholes and Terry Henry I felt it was my turn. Scored after 10 seconds and went on to put in a very van der Vaart-esque performance. That said my body is ****ed today. I hurt. A lot.

Awesome news! How long haven't you played for?

Haha...

Speaking of coming "out of football retirement", I've been asked to play for a local Tercera Division team. Had been going to training occasionally with them, just to keep myself fit.

I've not got the pace any more, but haven't lost my touch and control. Can still shoot well from distance too. Seriously thinking about it... but not sure that I can commit to anything with my work.

Tercera Division team.

Is that Spanish for "The veterans" division?

Atleast it will be easy to attend matches and training with your free bus pass.

(wait, I swear it was Edgar I used to take the mick out of due to his age :D)

Although it's called the "Third Division" it's actually the 4th tier of Spanish football. I'd say the level is probably about the same as the BSN/BSS or thereabouts.

That said, the team in question is Huetor Tajar and in the same division is Atletico Malagueño - the Málaga CF "B" team.

As for age, well... I'm 37 now, but I suppose there's still some life in these old legs yet. :D