Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a pair of £160 football boots today, down from £275 though.

Dad couldn't believe it when I told him how much, but he was fascinated by what boots are made of and how they are put together :D

Bought a pair of £160 football boots today, down from £275 though.

Dad couldn't believe it when I told him how much, but he was fascinated by what boots are made of and how they are put together :D

Cant beat the Copa Mundial football boots :cool:. Or, any plain black leather ones. Hate these stupid boots with horible colours all over them.

Cant beat the Copa Mundial football boots :cool:. Or, any plain black leather ones. Hate these stupid boots with horible colours all over them.

I usually have the Blackout F50's which are leather uppers, but not feeling the new design really.

So now have some bright orange Superflys, got to love a bit of carbon fibre! You obviously will hate them :D

I usually have the Blackout F50's which are leather uppers, but not feeling the new design really.

So now have some bright orange Superflys, got to love a bit of carbon fibre! You obviously will hate them :D

Haha yes :D. I remember when I was 6-7 when I got signed for Boro and my Dad called me a goon for going to training with some bright boots. Since then its been plain boots for me. These and these (effectively same boots) are the two pair of boots I own for different grounds basically but they are so comfy.

Yeah I have a pair of Mundial's. They are soooo comfy but don't really suit my style of play, so I have them for training.

I went through a phase of "the brighter the better" when I was 16, and then I just moved onto more subtle all black F50's.

Having a nightmare with F50's lately though, just snapping and breaking, so thought I would change my loyalty of Adidas for the last 8 years to Nike! Hopefully more expensive will mean they will last a bit longer than 6 months and be better quality all round!

Yeah I have a pair of Mundial's. They are soooo comfy but don't really suit my style of play, so I have them for training.

I went through a phase of "the brighter the better" when I was 16, and then I just moved onto more subtle all black F50's.

Having a nightmare with F50's lately though, just snapping and breaking, so thought I would change my loyalty of Adidas for the last 8 years to Nike! Hopefully more expensive will mean they will last a bit longer than 6 months and be better quality all round!

Cant beat a tough tackling centre back like myself ;) (not that I can play at the moment with my latest injury ha). I couldnt get away with wearing orange boots as a centre half.

It's all about the black and red Adidas Predators :cool:

I like the moonlight blue ones that came out not so long ago. Also, Puma Kings :cool:.

Seriously Ty, why the **** would you spend so much on a pair of boots? There is no logical reason whatsoever.

I'm not having a go at you personally, but anyone who spends so much needs to be sectioned for their own safety.

£165 is extremely steep, but I would go up to about £100-120 no problem.

Really, for a pair of football boots? Are you crackers?

When I bought my boots they were £100, but are dirt cheap now compared to what they did cost. The boots which I wear which are leather are much more comfy than plastic boots. It all depends on what you use them for as well. I say £100-120 no problem, but I wouldnt now because Im not able to play football at a level anywhere near what I used to due to injuries.

Well neither am I. I'm now 24 and since I was 15 I've had 5 operations on the same knee. I can only play at a very poor standard, but even I know that boots are boots. They're leather and are there protect your feet.

Whether they're £120 or £20 it really doesn't matter. Nike, Adidas, and a like are making money off people who are thick to believe their marketing.

It's ******** and people are sucked in far too easily.

Well neither am I. I'm now 24 and since I was 15 I've had 5 operations on the same knee. I can only play at a very poor standard, but even I know that boots are boots. They're leather and are there protect your feet.

Whether they're £120 or £20 it really doesn't matter. Nike, Adidas, and a like are making money off people who are thick to believe their marketing.

It's ******** and people are sucked in far too easily.

Pretty much the same as you mate. Just had my ACL operated on for the 2nd time in November so they had to take all the graft out my left leg to put in my right one. Ive been told not to play again, but after a year I might try getting back into it at Sunday League level.

Pretty much the same as you mate. Just had my ACL operated on for the 2nd time in November so they had to take all the graft out my left leg to put in my right one. Ive been told not to play again, but after a year I might try getting back into it at Sunday League level.

Aha the, erm, wonderful level I'm at now. Three years without an operation! Superb!!

When I was still playing hockey properly I bought a new stick every season and they would cost upwards of £100 each time, think I spent £140 on my most expensive one. Plus ~£20 for shinpads, ~£50 for astros, £20 for a mouthguard, I spent a lot of money on hockey. I never played football to a particularly good standard, but if I did then I'd do the same as with hockey and I'd be spending over £100 on boots.

As long as you're going to enjoy them and you can afford them then it's worth it.

I went through a stage of golf where I (Dad) spent £900 on irons, £400 on my woods, £200 on a putter, £150 on my bag and then the golf balls, clothing etc. Then you had your membership fee's etc. It became very, very expensive...........and I dont play anymore :lol:.

All sports and hobbies have their 'price' Tom. I could say the same to someone who buys a new car for £20,000, it still drives and gets you from A to B... like my old £500 Peugeot 106 use to.

This is the most expensive pair of boots I have ever purchased, my last ones cost £119.99. I am a good player and I enjoy my football a lot, so I am happy to pay to get the best boot possible for my style of play. Like Joe said, if he had a random stick to start with then it would seem fine to him, but then if he finds out he is a good player, then he will want to improve his game as much as possible and if spending more money on a stick is how you do it, then you spend!

My dad can't get his head around it either, but I explained just like that ^ and he just nodded his head and went "Suppose you're right".

:cool: Winning a pointless debate against your dad, priceless.

Boots can't improve your game though. Unless of course you start off with a pair of boots like what heath posted, as then any other pair would be lighter and therefore help infintely.

Anyway, who gives a ****, I'm right, of course. *safety wink before anybody cries*

Boots can improve my game.

I am a very fast player Tom, so I would need sprinting boots. Therefore Superflys would be better than Predators. The weight difference and the way the studs are placed on the bottom of the boot are made for different things, the shape of the boot in general etc. can all change your game. I don't want to give you a lesson in boots as you stated, you don't give a ****, but I can't help but educate a person which is argueing about something they know nothing about.

All sports and hobbies have their 'price' Tom. I could say the same to someone who buys a new car for £20,000, it still drives and gets you from A to B... like my old £500 Peugeot 106 use to.

This is the most expensive pair of boots I have ever purchased, my last ones cost £119.99. I am a good player and I enjoy my football a lot, so I am happy to pay to get the best boot possible for my style of play. Like Joe said, if he had a random stick to start with then it would seem fine to him, but then if he finds out he is a good player, then he will want to improve his game as much as possible and if spending more money on a stick is how you do it, then you spend!

My dad can't get his head around it either, but I explained just like that ^ and he just nodded his head and went "Suppose you're right".

:cool: Winning a pointless debate against your dad, priceless.

I was like that before we had the kids but will just get ones that are reduced now. They can make the difference as I have bought boots worth £40 and they have been heavy with crap leather that wouldn't last.

Ty

Haha I know nothing about this subject. Nice assumption. Maybe I just can't be arsed to argue because I know you won't even contemplate what I am saying? Fair enough though, if you want to believe that the shape of a boot or whatever can improve your game, then you think that, you spend the money.

At the end of the day, you are just a way for whichever company you buy your boots from to make money. You are being mugged off into believing they will improve you as a footballer, but they won't.

If you are a good player, then you are a good player. Boots won't help or hinder that.

(And please, before you jump down my throat with some other reason as to why certain boots will "help your game", then just read my previous sentence over and over again, and take it in).

Boots can improve my game.

I am a very fast player Tom, so I would need sprinting boots. Therefore Superflys would be better than Predators. The weight difference and the way the studs are placed on the bottom of the boot are made for different things, the shape of the boot in general etc. can all change your game. I don't want to give you a lesson in boots as you stated, you don't give a ****, but I can't help but educate a person which is argueing about something they know nothing about.

I played at quite a high level and could play up front or right back and would have different boots for where I was playing. Lighter boots when up front and thicker leather when in defence for the rougher challenges.

Tell the kids Santa didn't come and on Christmas day you could be sitting in the front room with a brand new pair of football boots on ;)

Lol don't think the wife would let me off with it but might just have to try next year. Probably have to explain to the kids why daddy has two black eyes.

Lol don't think the wife would let me off with it but might just have to try next year. Probably have to explain to the kids why daddy has two black eyes.

Bar fight!!!

Oh Tom, you will never understand.

Snore. I have a point, and you know it, hence the lacklustre response.

I can contemplate wearing different boots, (i.e. thickness of leather), for different positions - obviously a defender would go for a boot which has thicker leather. But to claim a boot will change your game is quite preposterous.

Snore. I have a point, and you know it, hence the lacklustre response.

I can contemplate wearing different boots, (i.e. thickness of leather), for different positions - obviously a defender would go for a boot which has thicker leather. But to claim a boot will change your game is quite preposterous.

As long as us defenders wear black and give a nice crunching tackle we're fine.

My young cousin bought those pink ones Bendtner had. Never let him live it down.

Anything to do with Bendtner equals a facepalm. Best striker in the world you know him (or so he says).

I'm sick of reading about football boots haha.

I go back to uni tomorrow, been so bored at home these last few days. Get to play Skyrim again, :) but also have an essay to do. :(

How's uni going for everyone? Keeping up with the work?

Ive never fully got into Skryim yet. Last I played, I think I got to the part where you go high into the mountains to meet the 'wizards' or whatever they are to learn about the dragon shout etc.

Ive never fully got into Skryim yet. Last I played, I think I got to the part where you go high into the mountains to meet the 'wizards' or whatever they are to learn about the dragon shout etc.

Oh yeah that's pretty early on. Still not done it though as I couldn't be bothered with the walking. I've just explored the map for aaaages, upto about 50 in-game days and pretty much ignored the main quest lines.

Yeah I fought the first dragon & beat it. Havent really done much mission wise since then. I mainly started exploring the map towards the north which is undiscovered at the start of the game.

Doing the main storyline is not really needed in Skyrim as long as you fight the first dragon near Whiterun. The guilds are much more fun as is just exploring the game world.

Finished the main quest and all the guild quests.

Literally just wandering around and exploring now. To be honest, I don't think many of the quests... especially the main ones, were as good as Oblivion.

Still, the good thing about Elder Scrolls games is the huge modding community at Skyrim Nexus. Something about swearing mudcrabs... superb! :D

Finished the main quest and all the guild quests.

Literally just wandering around and exploring now. To be honest, I don't think many of the quests... especially the main ones, were as good as Oblivion.

Still, the good thing about Elder Scrolls games is the huge modding community at Skyrim Nexus. Something about swearing mudcrabs... superb! :D

I found going through the gates in Oblivion to get very boring after the first few because they were not varied enough. Then again after the first few dragons the coolness of random dragon attacks soon goes. I read an article that the Skyrim game includes areas we cannot enter that could be used to add Morrowind and Cyrodil to the already massive map.

I found going through the gates in Oblivion to get very boring after the first few because they were not varied enough. Then again after the first few dragons the coolness of random dragon attacks soon goes. I read an article that the Skyrim game includes areas we cannot enter that could be used to add Morrowind and Cyrodil to the already massive map.

I found a Dwemer entrance to the west of the map. One entrance needs a key whilst the other is covered by vines you can't pass. There were a couple of human enemies hanging around called "The Afflicted", with diseased looking skin. Haven't found any other reference to them on my travels in the game so far.

Possibly a prepared area for future downloadable add-ons, similar to spots you could find in Fallout 3.

Oh... and who else is "surprised" we have Liverpool vs. Man Utd drawn in the cup... :rolleyes:

I go back to uni tomorrow, been so bored at home these last few days.

Yeah I am back today as well (now it is Monday, sneaky edit).

Looking forward to going back seen as my loan went in about 1 hour and 27 minutes ago :D

Can imagine Tom is having a boygasm in Manchester right now!!!

Utter 'shock' at the 4th Round draw though :mad:.

I thought, according to you anyway, that we only got "easy" cup draws?

And no i wasnt having a "boygasm" yesterday. 3-0 up at halftime against 10 men we should have been taking them to the cleaners. Instead we nearly ****ed up. Unacceptable.

I thought, according to you anyway, that we only got "easy" cup draws?

And no i wasnt having a "boygasm" yesterday. 3-0 up at halftime against 10 men we should have been taking them to the cleaners. Instead we nearly ****ed up. Unacceptable.

Its a one off this season mate :p!!! If you do go onto winning it, then atleast you can say you fully deserve it.

If the tie was at Old Trafford, I would say you should win, but with it being at Anfield its tougher to call. It depends which United turn up on the day as well because the last few season you havent performed that well at Anfield.