Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got an assignment due tomorrow night.

Need to design a Scheme of Work which is needs to be designed for 6 teaching sessions and then I have to design the 6 lesson plans. Havent started yet :(.

You mean rock music?

Yeah im not good with genre's and have no idea how to pigeon hole it, ive been told its towards the post hardcore genre. I dont know these things, i play drums, we're not really musicians, just people hitting things with sticks for a few minutes. :)

Music today sucks!!! Whatever happened in 1990 destroyed music and its got worse and worse. What really annoys me is people who call themselves 'music artists' yet they have people who write the music for them and they also write the songs for them. No talent at all in the 'artists' today!!!

Yeah I'll have a listen Milner, used to listen to a lot of post hardcore a few years ago, so let's hope you don't murder the genre for me too much! :p

SRL there's loads of good artists around at the moment, you just have to find them. What kind of stuff are you into?

Edit: just seen you said 60s/70s rock, don't know what that would entail other than being from those decades...

The likes of Free, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, The Moody Blues, The Who, Fleetwood Mac (with Peter Green), ZZ Top etc.

In todays music of rock, I like Alter Bridge, Wolfmother, The Answer, Vintage Trouble amongst others.

The likes of Free, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, The Moody Blues, The Who, Fleetwood Mac (with Peter Green), ZZ Top etc.

In todays music of rock, I like Alter Bridge, Wolfmother, The Answer, Vintage Trouble amongst others.

Good stuff!

:thup:

[video=youtube;uv-EZx-qI_8]

SRL88, great list of bands!! I'm an old rock guy myself, love Dire Straits, Floyd, Status Quo (i know) Fleetwood Mac, stuff like that, but i did get heavily into my pop punk for a few years, Blink 182, Yellowcard and then bands like Taking Back Sunday and Saosin kinda followed. I like to think i have a broad taste in music, my ipod has stuff from Slayer to The Wanted.

All three albums a permanent fixture in the CD changer in my van ;)

It would be wrong not to :D.

SRL88, great list of bands!! I'm an old rock guy myself, love Dire Straits, Floyd, Status Quo (i know) Fleetwood Mac, stuff like that, but i did get heavily into my pop punk for a few years, Blink 182, Yellowcard and then bands like Taking Back Sunday and Saosin kinda followed. I like to think i have a broad taste in music, my ipod has stuff from Slayer to The Wanted.

Slayer to The Wanted :lol:.

I didnt mind Blink 182 during my teen years, but grew out of them. Im kind of into Biffy Clyro at the minute. I saw them at Sonisphere last year and they were by far the best band there.

Biffy are fantastic, i saw them in Aberdeen years and years ago playing a wee venue thats not there anymore called Kef, long before they became as big as they are now, they are on prob one of Scotlands best ever bands i think. Their new stuff has gone down the poppier route, but thats what makes the money and its definitely not like they havent earned that right.

I saw the Foo's for the first time at T in the park last year, probably one of the best sets i have ever seen from a band, absolutely amazing, and i had gone off the Foo's quite a bit, infact i only ever really liked the Colour and the Shape as an album, but live they are something special.

I tried and tried to get tickets to see the Foo's at Milton Keynes, but it wasnt to be :(.

Biffy have definitely gone a bit softer in their music now compared to their old days, but Only Revolutions is such a well written album.

Bands I am desperate to see in 2012 are Black Sabbath (Download Festival), Foo Fighters (hoping Sonisphere Festival), Soundgarden (again, Sonisphere hopefully), Slash & Myles Kennedy who are by far the best band/duo, anything I have ever seen live. Saw them at Download in 2010 and they were unbelievable. Tried to get tickets to see them last year in Manchester, I had one ready on Ticketmaster but my mates were to slow to get one and I wasnt going on my own ha.

Saw The Darkness at the back end of last year. Chuffed they're back. Put on a brilliant show!!!

I am more into indie music than rock, although I used to be well into rock only a few years ago. However I'd say I have very broad taste. I'm into all sorts of music.

For 2012 I am definitely going to see Sbtrkt in February and Major Lazer in April (already bought tickets for both). I also hope to see Radiohead if they come to Glasgow (or anywhere in Scotland, even). I'd also love for Silversun Pickups and especially Arcade Fire to tour Britain as well to get a chance to see them. Other bands I'd like to see would be Pearl Jam (touring Britain but not Scotland :thdn: ), Yuck, Chapel Club and, of course, The Smiths (HA, if only).

Not that big on going to gigs, but now that my mates who I'd go to gigs with are of drinking age, there's extra incentive to go. Really cannot wait for Sbtrkt in February, I adore him and Sampha.

Awesome news! How long haven't you played for?

Over 4 years. Gonna be playing at least once a week now on. I've just been diagnosed with diabetes and need to get fitter and lose about a stone and a half.

Is that Spanish for "The veterans" division?

Atleast it will be easy to attend matches and training with your free bus pass.

(wait, I swear it was Edgar I used to take the mick out of due to his age :D)

It was :herman:

On Deal Or No Deal there is this lad would have won £250k if he'd gone all the way. He dealt at £70,000 the round earlier and he's in tears.

Stupid ****. I'd have been well happy with £70,000, even if I'd have had £250k in my box. It's not like he's walking away having lost £250k. He's walking away £70,000 richer, tax free, for nothing. I hate people like that - don't realise what they've got at all.

On Deal Or No Deal there is this lad would have won £250k if he'd gone all the way. He dealt at £70,000 the round earlier and he's in tears.

Stupid ****. I'd have been well happy with £70,000, even if I'd have had £250k in my box. It's not like he's walking away having lost £250k. He's walking away £70,000 richer, tax free, for nothing. I hate people like that - don't realise what they've got at all.

They should take the money off him, ungrateful git... then send it to me! ;)

I don't really post in OFT on this forum so the chances of me getting infractions are very minimal as I'm really only here for the FM discussion and a bit of something different in this thread.

I know if I went to OFT as much as I used to a few years back then I would end up getting a couple of infractions. I save my crap for other places where I know I won't get banned. ;)

I keep typing OFT instead of OTF. Excuse my idiocy/typos.