FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

Here is Aitor Leon, my regen and key player for my current Chelsea team. He is a BEAST, an ultimate footballer. Has everything, and averages well over a goal per game. Here is pics of his profile, attributes and history:

AitorLeonProfile.png

AitorLeonAttributes.png

AitorLeonHistory.png

As you can see his scoring record is phenominal. Bought him for £14 mil off of Barcelona, and at 17 he was quite expensive. But considering he's scored over 30 goals every season he's been my main man I think that's money well spent. Hopefully he can continue to do this and become Chelsea's and the Premier League's all time top scorer!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, been away from the forums for a bit but hasn't stopped me carrying on my save, and it's been a good season.

Season 2019/20

Premier League

Table

A great league season as you can see, complete dominance, we wrapped the title up with a load of games to spare which gave me the chance to give some youngsters a run out. Delighted with our first unbeaten season, a good number of goals scored and only a few conceded. Weirdly, we've improved our points total by 2 each season thus far, just a strange stat that. Sadly we didn't get the top scorer award (Javier Hernandez - 35 goals), but Lukaku was named Players' Player of the Year, Rafael was Player of the Year, Taramasco got the Golden Glove and I got Manager of the Year.

League Cup

We lost in the 4th round, 2-1 away at Man City, a disappointing result but the youngsters battled hard and can take some pride from the result, seeing as they defeated us 5-1 in the League Cup Final last year.

FA Cup

Final

The Cup comes home to the Bridge, thanks to probably the easiest cup run I've ever had. We only faced two Prem teams, Blackpool in the semi's and Newcastle (who've just been relegated) in the final, where Dobbs demolished them pretty much single handedly. A great Cup triumph

Champions League

The big one. Last year we reached the Quarter Finals and I was determined to make it past this stage this year. We came through the group stages with ease, and got Juventus in the next round. We managed a 3-2 win in Turin and a solid 2-0 win at home, sending us nicely in the quarters. There we drew another Italian team, Inter Milan, and picked up a storming 4-1 home win to start off the tie, Lukaku with 2 helping us on the way. In the return leg, we stuffed them again, scoring another 4 goals but this time conceding 2, Lukaku with a hat trick in this game, I'm delighted I gave him the captaincy last year.

The Semi-Finals were tough, we got Lyon who have some real quality regens right now. We started really well in the first leg in France, racing into a 2-0 lead, but they pulled us back to 2-2, only for Scott Gentle (my new Frank Lampard) to nick the winner in the 90th minute. So, all's good for the home leg you'd think right? Wrong. We had a couple of suspensions and injuries, meaning I was forced to play some players who just weren't ready, and Lyon got an early goal. We kept plugging away, and dominated the game, but couldn't find a breakthrough when, in the 83rd minute, disaster. Lyon got a penalty. Luckily for me, Taramasco wasn't one of those injured, and the best goalkeeper in the world (and best I've had on FM) pulled off a great save, and we held out, losing 1-0 at home but going through on away goals.

So who do we get in the final? Just Barcelona. I'll let you guys judge the results for yourselves.

The Final

Conclusions

Really delighted with the season, three trophies in the bag and some fantastic performances. The team gelled exceptionally well, playing some fantastic football, and I'm confident we can keep it up next season. Here are some of the key men:

Taramasco

The best goalkeeper I've had on FM, he's just immense in pretty much every way. He pulls of some great saves, and holds onto the ball almost every time. Love this lad, brought him with me from Santos and he's really blossomed. Ignore his low average rating, it's hard for him to shine when the defence don't really let him get any shots to deal with haha.

Ayala

My first signing when managing in Mexico, he served me well there so I brought him with me to Chels and he's done superbly, forming a great partnership with Al-Shemmari, with the two making a virtually impenetrable barrier. He might not look like much, but he plays brilliantly, and has a good eye for a pass as his 3 assists indicate.

Gentle

The new Lampard, in the latter half of this season he became a first team regular, taking McEachran's place, and next year he'll be wearing the number 8 shirt as well. I'm still trying to find the way to get the best out of him, but he has been great storming up and down the pitch, curling them in from long range, and picking holes through the defence. Love this lad, and he'll be a homegrown from next season too.

Rafael

Probably the most important player in the team, he's a creative genius. His attributes, while good, actually hide just how fantastic he is, just look at those stats, 39 assists and 21 goals, not bad I'd say. He's at the heart of everything the team does, and his either footedness is a great asset. He also takes all the free kicks, which he does superbly, setting up the big players or curling them into the top corner. Another one I brought with me from Santos, and he was worth every penny I paid. Probably my favourite player on this save.

Lukaku

Captain, Leader and Goalscorer, this is the best season Lukaku's had with me. He was immense up front alongside Neymar, and I rank him as slightly more important to the team right now because of his influence in the dressing room and his penchant for grabbing goals in big games. Him and Neymar have a great partnership, he narrowly out scored his partner this year, and had a much better goals-to-games ratio, but Neymar was just slightly more creative. Still, they'll remain as our key partnership for some time.

Full Player Stats

So overall, delighted with this season. As to next season, we'll be losing a number of players, most importantly McEachran. I've just gotten tired with his constant moaning about having achieved all he can at the club, he always backs down and drops it, but it's just getting annoying now, and Gentle is now the better player anyway, so I'm looking to move him on. It's a shame, as I love him IRL, but he didn't get a great PA on my game (I'm assuming anyway, my assistants really don't rate him) and I feel less guilty now that he's won the CL with the club.

Thanks for reading, I'll take care of my transfer business and let you guys know how it gets on. I've found a 16 year old Italian striker who looks fb, so he's on his way in, and might come straight into the first team fold, depending on the other deals, but I'll let you guys know how that goes. Come on the Chels!

Recently finished my second season with Chelsea, and it was a very successful one!

Premier League - Only just managed to win the league, it came down to the last game of the season, we were 1-0 down against Tottenham and United were beating Blackburn, meaning we needed to win in order to take the title. We ended up winning 3-1 in the end, with Lampard grabbing the last goal.

Champions League - Everything went well until the 2nd leg against Juventus, we'd just lost to West Ham before going into this fixture, so confidence wasn't high and neither was the performance. Better luck next year.

League Cup - Obviously it isn't exactly a big cup, but its a trophy and Chelsea Football Club is all about winning trophies (or at least we used to be.) The only tough game in the competition was Liverpool, Mata got sent off after 10 minutes but summer signing Sergio Aguero scored both goals to send us through to the semi finals.

FA Cup - We were given a scare against both Derby and West Brom, but we came through in the replays of both games. It was satisfying beating United in the semi's and then City in the final. Another cup win, meaning we had won the treble, after a trophyless year last season.

Key Players

Sergio Aguero - Signed for £41 Million from Manchester City, was a bit of a risk because of the price tag, but it payed off. He played 47 games in all competitions scoring 46 goals. Ended up with an Average Rating of 7.69. He also got the award for English Footballer Of The Year, Best Player In Europe, European Golden Boot and Supporters Player Of The Year. Superb year for the argentine, hopefully he can pick up where he left off next season.

Frank Lampard - Still a vital player for us, played 48 games last season, scoring 15 goals with 17 assists and an average rating of 7.31. If he keeps this up, he won't be dropped from the first team anytime soon, even at the age of 35.

Daniel Sturridge - Another played who was superb for us last season, managed to get 14 goals and 24 assists in the 56 games he played and an average rating of 7.13. Still only 23 years of age, he is gonna be a vital player for my team in the years to come.

The new season has now started and here are the transfers i've made:

IN: Neymar (£50 Million) I really like Neymar and couldn't resist buying him, alot of this transfer is monthly installments, probably a big mistake but hopefully he'll be worth it.

Jack Rodwell (£15 Million) For the price I really couldn't say no, gonna use him as my Anchorman for the season.

Also brought in a few regens for the youth/reserve team, all with 4 star potential. Hopefully they'll fulfill this potential, either that or they'll move on to other clubs.

OUT: Tomas Kalas - Loaned out to Huddersfield

Ross Turnbull - £2.4 Million move to Portsmouth - Not needed at the club anymore, thought I may as well sell him.

Jacob Mellis - Loaned out to Crystal Palace

Jakob Larsen (Regen) - Loaned out to Bristol City

Billy Clifford - Loaned out to Scunthorpe

Sammy Ameobi - Loaned out to Charlton

Didier Drogba - Free Transfer to Roma - Didn't need him anymore with the arrival of Neymar, no clubs were willing to pay any amount of money for him so i just offered him our for free.

Lucas Piazon - Loaned out to Derby

Neil Abbott (Regen) - Loaned out to Brighton

Jamal Blackman - Loaned out to Rochdale

Branislav Ivanovic - £4.9 Million move to Juventus - Don't really use him and managed to get a decent amount of money for him

Raul Meireles - Loaned out to Valencia (Loan fee of £1.5 Million, also the option to buy him at anytime during the loan for £6.5 Million)

It's now January 2018, so a good time to review my tenure with the club:

Premier League

2011/12 - 4th (69 pts, started mid-season); Man U Champions on 96 pts

2012/13 - 3rd (82 pts, equal 2nd, GD decider); Man City Champions on 84 pts

2013/14 - 1st (92pts, City 2nd on 78)

2014/15 - 1st (87 pts, Spurs 2nd on 86)

2015/16 - 2nd (84 pts); Man City Champions on 89 pts

2016/17 - 3rd (84 pts); Man City Champions on 94 pts

Champions League

2016 Winner

FA Cup

2014 & 2017 Winner

Club World Cup

2016 Winner

League Cup

2012, 2013, 2014 & 2017 Winner

I guess in real life I'd have been sacked after my first season but Abramovich's in-game patience brought the clubs first Champions League trophy.

The main difference between myself and City is their spending, some £250m net spend at City, who have added Modric, Douglas Costa, Kjaer, M'Vila, Benzema, a host of amazing regens, and been boosted by a couple of outstanding regens in their squad.

Besides Hazard and Cavani in my first couple of seasons, most of my squad has been homegrown or purchased in their mid/late teens and developed, with a net spend of £90m over the same period. The squad has been rejuvinated massively.

The Squad

scaled.php?server=7&filename=screenshot20120307at180.png&res=medium

4-2-3-1:

Courtois, Clyne, Azpilucueta, Romeu, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Sturridge & Cavani are the non-regen players that regularly feature in my top 11. My starting DC's are both regens, backed up by Kalas and Chabolah from the youth team:

The Regens

AMAZING. Honestly, I found both these DC's at 19, spent a year trying to sign them before eventually forking out £20m apiece. Well worth it though:

scaled.php?server=703&filename=screenshot20120307at180.png&res=medium

scaled.php?server=831&filename=screenshot20120307at180.png&res=medium

A few interesting choices

Roberto Di Matteo has remained alongside me, as assistant manager.

My coaching staff now includes Frank Lampard, who retired last season at 38, Gennaro Gattuso, Ludovic Giuly and Jussi Jaaskelainen.

John Terry retired last season at 35, to become an assistant manager. After refusing my generous £8k per week to become a Chelsea coach, he went unemployed for 6 months, only to accept £650 to become Newcastle's Youth Coach.

I started a new save as Chelsea manager on Sunday and whilst it's been easy so far, it's still fun enough to stick with it.

TRANSFERS IN: Rodwell, Hazard, van der Wiel, Willian and Neymar

TRANSFERS OUT: Drogba, Torres, Hilario, Clifford, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Malouda, Mikel and Romeu(loan)

FIRST CHOICE 11:

--------------Cech

van der Wiel-Luiz-Terry-Cole

---------Ramires-Lampard

Willian--------------------Hazard

---------Neymar-Mata

10 games into the season i've won 9 and lost 1. Results so far

QPR 0-2 Chelsea (Neymar brace)

Chelsea 5-2 Man Utd (Neymar hat trick)

Norwich 1-0 Chelsea (Neymar red card 4th minute)

Chelsea 3-0 Stoke

Chelsea 5-1 Valencia (Mata brace)

Swansea 0-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Bolton

Chelsea 3-0 Wigan

Napoli 1-5 Chelsea (Mata brace)

WBA 3-5 Chelsea (Neymar hat trick)

As you can see there's been plenty of goals. Neymar with 9 goals, 2 assists in 7 games and Mata with 7 goals, 11 assists in 9 games have been the standout performers so far. Credit to super-sub Lukaku with 4 goals in 2(6) games as well.

Fun times

Great start mate, how much did you sell Torres for an to whom?

14m to Inter. Not very much I know but his high wage was annoying me and I have Neymar, Mata, Lukaku and Sturridge as strikers anyway

and yea it was a great start...and it's just got better:

Everton 0-3 Chelsea (Sturridge brace)

Leverkusen 1-2 Chelsea (last minute winner from supersub Lukaku!)

Chelsea 6-0 Sunderland (another Neymar hat trick)

Cheltenham 0-4 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-0 Tottenham

Chelsea 3-0 Leverkusen (Neymar brace)

Chelsea 4-0 Fulham (Neymar brace)

Neymar might be anonymous in some games but 3 hat tricks and 3 braces shows that when he's on it, he's really on it

2nd Season with Chelsea playing WM, won league and league cup again. Had high hopes for champ league until i got Man City in quarter final. scores 1-1 Terry gets sent off for a last man tackle, penalty 2-1 Man city. Just after half time Luiz gets sent off for a rash challenge.... lose game 4-1 worst defeat of season. Return leg i win 3-2 so out i go. kinda relieved semi would have been against Man U and i still struggle getting good results against them. Man U, Fulham and West Brom are the teams that seem to cause me most grief. Slowly getting rid of old players on big wages.

Still enjoying the WM, still constantly challenging, still dont fancy going back to my lower league team with it yet, Am bringing in the young Greek DC from Schalke to learn from Terry for a season, lots of potential and more pace than terry so should help at the back, also need to scout for some new full backs although Luiz and Ivanovich are adaptable enough to fill in across the back. Bringing in a few youth, and selling a few guys so will see how season progresses with younger players etc.

Looks like everyone’s saves are going well, and some very good regens for AlexCRONALDO and lukekarts, KUTGW everyone :thup:

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here and I’ve completed another season in the meantime. I’ll give you guys a bit of a roundup of the transfers before the season started, and how it all played out.

Pre-Season

Having had a really dominant season the year before, I decided to change things up a little to keep it interesting, so I let go a couple of my big-ish players (certainly established players anyway). They were Lano for £41m (value has decreased since it seems), Ramsey for £21.5m, McEachran for £16.5m, Gradilenko, for £17.5m and finally Chalobah for £11.25m. I didn’t want to let go of McEachran, but he’d been constantly saying he wanted to leave for around 3 seasons, so it was time. Chalobah never really cemented a place for me, and I finally had enough homegrown players without him and McEachran, so he was off to Everton. The offer for Lano was simply too good to turn down, while Ramsey was a great LB but always second choice, and far too injury prone, so he was out. I had no plans to let Gradilenko go (and I kind of wish I hadn’t as his value has soared since), but he was only a backup player, and it was a good solid offer.

We did well in pre-season, and so it was onto the full season

Premier League

League Table

Player Stats

A pretty easy League campaign overall, the only defeat being at White Hart Lane, which was very depressing, but we played some great football and retained our title again. It was a great race for the top four below me actually, and Man City were the strongest team out of the lot (despite eventually finishing fourth), they’ve got a great duo up front with 2 English regen strikers

FA Cup

The Final

Great performance in the final by some of the youngsters, especially Dobbs who just hasn’t ever progressed as I’d like, that may have been his farewell performance to be honest, but it’s not a bad way to go out.

World Club Championships

The Final

Easy peasey, and a lovely hat trick by Neymar

League Cup

Out in the semi’s sadly, losing out to West Ham on penalties. Still, the youngsters played fairly well, just a few defensive mistakes which they’ll improve as they grow.

Champions League

The Final

Really didn’t expect to retain this title this year, and we did fantastically to get there, comprehensively beating Marseille 6-1 on aggregate in the semi final, after just squeaking through on away goals after a stunning 5-4 loss away at Espanyol, meaning our 1-0 home win was vital. It was a cracking game too. The final was a good game against Jose, back at Real, and the midfield duo who have been really key to me all season did the business again. Coincidentally, that was Rafael’s 3rd goal in 2 champions league finals. It’s great to have a big game player like him.

Conclusions

A great season, really didn’t expect to retain the CL, so it was a great way to say goodbye to the Bridge, as we’ve now moved into the imaginatively named ‘Chelsea Stadium’. Never mind, the extra revenue is always nice. Here are my player’s individual stats, and the team’s overall stats for the season:

GK: Taramasco, Cardeynaels, Molefe

DR: Achterberg, Leleco

DCR: Ayala, O’Brien

DCL: Shemmari, Prentice

DL: Vampeta, Keown

DMC: Holzhauser, Richter

MCR: Said, Coosemans

MCL: Gentle, Boccia

AMC: Rafael, Moseley

STCR: Lukaku, Vincent, Comberton

STCL: Neymar, Guastella, Dobbs

And here are the overall team stats:

Team Stats

The thing I’m most pleased about from this season is the spread of goals across the team, really good to see all my players firing well, without too much reliance on one man. Gentle and Rafael are my Players of the Season, both really instrumental in everything good that came out of the team. Me and the captain Lukaku are now club Legends, while Neymar and Rafael have made it to Icon status, which is always nice to see.

Thanks for reading, and I’ll update you all again soon.

What up, let me introduce myself, I'm a long time FM player and Chelsea fan for even longer, anyway, I'm starting a multiplayer save with my friend soon, he will be in charge in Liverpool and I will be in charge in Chelsea, so I will post career updates here and occasionally seek for an advice about transfers and stuff...

Right am near the end of november in my first season doing quite well top of the league only lost 1 game top of my cl group qf of the league cup vs hereford and fa cup not been drawin yet playen a 4-3-3 quick attacking play with 1 striker and 2 wingers

GK. Cech,Turnbell

RB, Bosingwa,Van der Wiel

CB, Terry, Luiz, Vertonghen,Cahill, Ivanovic

LB, Cole, Bertrand,Boilesen

DM, Mikel,Essien,Marchisio,Romeu

CM, Lampard,Hamsik,Ramires,Raul Meireles

AMR, Sturridge,Cavani, Thomas

AML, Mata, Muniain,Lucas Moura

ST, Drogba, Toress,Huntelaar,Lukaku,Eric Toress

Hoping this squad will challenge in all 4 competitions

also have kadu from porto and Roberto Firmino from hoffenheim coming in january

2014/15 - Premier League, Europa League, F.A Cup.

2015/16 - Premier League, Champions League, F.A Cup, Community Shield

2016/17 - Premier League, Champions League, League Cup, Eufa Super Cup, World Club Championship

Chelsea-FC-icon.png

End of Season - 2016/17

Premier League, Champions League, League Cup, Eufa Super Cup, World Club Championship

Finally got around to finishing of this season after a hiatus from Football Manager. Had tried to start numerous new saves with other teams, but each time I ended up loading up this save again and again. Have built the foundations of a legacy at the club now, with numerous potentially world class players coming through the youth team; and still yet to iron out an efficient posession based system just yet. Not too sure what to make of Swansea finishing third; I felt they ruined all my hard work after I managed them through the first three seasons, they appointed Gus Poyet after I moved to Chelsea - bringing with me Scott Sinclair and Glyfi Sigurdsson for a combined price of around £43M. This therefore have them lots of money to spend, of which Poyet wasted on awful signings. I had guided them to a Champions League before I left for London, but Poyet only lasted four months in the job. Since then, Sam Allardyce has seemed to have built on the foundations I laid, with various youth team players I signed coming through the become important first team players. Despite this, the AI management still manages to annoy me somehow - probably due to various transfers I know I wouldn't make, first of which selling star player Christian Eriksen to Arsenal, and the sale of various players that were stars under my day there - Romario, Joe Allen.

Premier League; 1st -

6870459418_cda5377013_c.jpg

Not particularly convincing, but prevailed on goal difference. Almost threw it away due to a 2-1 defeat away at Man City, but managed to beat Liverpool on the final day to retain the title for the third year in succession. Nine points down on last years efforts, and 17 goal differences, not that impressive.

Champions League

7016568601_0f2fc9cc7c_c.jpg

Retained the Champions League, not that a convincing win, but a win is a win.

Carling Cup

6870459676_f4a26c3765_c.jpg

Had Man United chasing shadows for two hours, should have won in normal time from what I can remember - but the game produced some nice passing stats, McEachran and Mikel running the show!

Players

Top Goalscorers

- Fernando Torres; 38 in 48(2)

- Glyfi Sigurdsson; 28 in 55(3)

- Romelu Lukaku; 14 in 16(10)

- Diego Torrentera; 12 in 7(5)

Top Ratings

- Diego Torrentera; 7.97 from 7(5)

- Ravel Morrison; 7.60 from 19(9)

- Kryiakos Papadopoulos; 7.52 from 34(3)

- Fernando Torres; 7.50 from 48(2)

Top Assists

- Mario Gotze + Josh McEachran; 18.

- Glyfi Sigurdsson; 14

- Gael Kakuta; 13

Fernando Torres now the ripe age of 33, and isn't showing any signs of his goal scoring qualities diminshing just yet. This seasons total takes him to a total of 204 goals for Chelsea. A quick wiki search would see that mean Torres becoming Chelsea's all time record goal scorer, of which I know think in game would be Frank Lampard.

Right so near the end of the season and i am champions with a few games to go in the semis of the champions league against man utd 1st leg at old trafford suprisingly won 7-4 with 7 goals from torres with the winner playen bayern in the final also did any1 eles get givin more transfer budjet in january i got givin 300mill and spent 200mill on messi and ronaldo with drogba not scoring he was sold to barcelona for 35mill

Right so near the end of the season and i am champions with a few games to go in the semis of the champions league against man utd 1st leg at old trafford suprisingly won 7-4 with 7 goals from torres with the winner playen bayern in the final also did any1 eles get givin more transfer budjet in january i got givin 300mill and spent 200mill on messi and ronaldo with drogba not scoring he was sold to barcelona for 35mill

Any chance of a screenshot of your transfers? Seems somewhat unrealistic that you'd get £35M for Drogba, not to mention £200M for both Messi and Ronaldo, let alone Messi leaving Barca.

LOOOL good lie mate :lol:

I'm also 22years old now ballinisahabit90! =) i see..but its drogba!! TOP DROG!! so i guess i might let him retire at the club. he did ok for me cause currently he got ten goals right before january, but is a pity he din't do much in your save..but how bout sturridge??i cant get the best out of him as i play him as a advance forward or poacher..he cant score..

Expect a halfway house and youth intake update soon guys, been very busy due to Uni life, but home for a month should mean I'll get a fair few updates out.

Torres usually bagging the goals for me over Sturridge then Drogba then Lukaku. Bearing in mind each striker has had their fair share of time on the injury table even though it's still first season.

Hi, I started a save a few days ago, I simulate until June of 2012 and sold a lot of players. I want yo play fluid/very fluid attacking football with high pressure and short pass but I not sure about the roles, My team is

Cech SK def

Mario fernandez/Van der Wiel WB att

Ivanovic/David Luiz CD cover

Terry/Cahill CD stopper

Cole/Bertrand WB att

M'vila/Romeu DM def

Lampard/Yttergaard Jensen/McEachran Adv Play supp

Hamsik/Badelj/McEachran Avd Play att

Mata/Sturridge/Kakuta RIF att

Neymar/De Bruyne/Kakuta LIF att

Torres/Lukaku Complete Fwd att

after 9 games I'm 1st with 7 W and 2 L and 21 goals and 7 received but I'm not satisfied how the team plays against small teams, defeats were agains everton and wolves, both 1-0 away

any advice? thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english, I'm Argentinian and I'm really out of practice with my english

I'm also 22years old now ballinisahabit90! =) i see..but its drogba!! TOP DROG!! so i guess i might let him retire at the club. he did ok for me cause currently he got ten goals right before january, but is a pity he din't do much in your save..but how bout sturridge??i cant get the best out of him as i play him as a advance forward or poacher..he cant score..

Haha im not 22 yet mate, june, so couple months to go yet :)

Ive had a few Chelsea saves an Sturridge has blown hot an cold. On some saves ive had 15-20 goals out of him from the right wing, others hes struggled to break double figures. Ive never actually tried him in his favoured position as a striker. I believe his proffesionalism is quite low so its worth gettin him tutoured by Torres at the start aswell (y)

but how bout sturridge??i cant get the best out of him as i play him as a advance forward or poacher..he cant score..

In my current save, in September first season, Torres just got injured for 5 or 6 weeks I think, so I played Sturridge in the last two games and he scored three goals. I play him as a poacher with Mata just behind him (Advanced Playmaker/Support) and two players on the wing (both wingers/support). I really wanted to get Aguero in January but now I'm having second thoughts, if Sturridge keeps this form I ain't going to waste forty mil and 150,000 p/w in wages on Aguero, especially considering I also have Lukaku. Also, Mbaye Niang is joining us in January, he got 4 stars from De Visser, so, there is another striker with huge potential.

Hi, I started a save a few days ago, I simulate until June of 2012 and sold a lot of players. I want yo play fluid/very fluid attacking football with high pressure and short pass but I not sure about the roles, My team is

Cech SK def

Mario fernandez/Van der Wiel WB att

Ivanovic/David Luiz CD cover

Terry/Cahill CD stopper

Cole/Bertrand WB att

M'vila/Romeu DM def

Lampard/Yttergaard Jensen/McEachran Adv Play supp

Hamsik/Badelj/McEachran Avd Play att

Mata/Sturridge/Kakuta RIF att

Neymar/De Bruyne/Kakuta LIF att

Torres/Lukaku Complete Fwd att

after 9 games I'm 1st with 7 W and 2 L and 21 goals and 7 received but I'm not satisfied how the team plays against small teams, defeats were agains everton and wolves, both 1-0 away

any advice? thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english, I'm Argentinian and I'm really out of practice with my english

Hope this may help..i think team talk really plays a big role in this game..i always tell them assertively or agggressively to "excpect a win" agaisnt lower/small opposition..and if they don't respond then i'll tell them individually 'clamly'. If a player performed very good from previous game..i'll tell them to keep up the next game.and normally i don't play very fluid but fluid..Hope it helps..

January Transfer update- 2015:

I am lying 2nd on the table and am not playing as well as last season however that may be due to a change in the way i play. I am looking to keep the ball while playing a rather quick tempo. Therefore you will see some players leave due to them not fitting the way i want to play or they just haven't performed for me.

4-2-3-1

Short passing

High Creative freedom higher up the pitch

Fast Tempo

Higher time wasting

Float crosses

Team:

GK-Courtois/Delac

DL-Bertrand/De cillis- young italian regen prospect

DC-Terry/Varane(loan)

DC-Luiz/Elston-My amazing young English DC regen

DR-Azplizcueta/Walker

MCL-bender/ramires

MCR-Bertolacci/ramires/Thiago

AML-Mata/Munian

AMC-Thiago/Kovacic

AMR-Studge/Kakuta

ST-Torres/Munian/Studge/Huerta-amazing young spanish regen striker

Hot Prospects(Screen shots may be posted at end of season) :

Stephen Burton-Aml-home produced

Ben Kenney-mc

Dorian-DC

Kande-amr/st

In:

Varane-Loan from Real Madrid

Out:

Lukaku-loan-2 mill-Inter Milan

Cahill-Loan-1.5 mill- Everton

Mikel-End of season-He slow the game too much and he is too slow to play the way i want too

Loads of youngsters to Southampton and Vitesse

Hi.

What do you think about retraining Ramires to RB ? He has excelent Acceleration and Stamina, his mental stats are also pretty good, he just need to improve crossing a bit.

Have defected from my Chelsea save in recent weeks, but have kept an eye on any thread activity; and to answer your question I retrained him their almost immediatly when I joined the club. He was fantastic their for me. He was very good on the ball, which I've found to be important with full backs, has good pace and acceleration, and has decent enough defensive attributes to be able to keep most wingers in check. So yeah, go for it. I joined Chelsea a couple of seasons in, so didn't manage with Boswinga, or very much with Ivanovic; but I'd rate him above Boswinga from my expeiences.

Hi.

What do you think about retraining Ramires to RB ? He has excelent Acceleration and Stamina, his mental stats are also pretty good, he just need to improve crossing a bit.

I would agree with tommonufc that you could retrain him to RB but i would only use him there if i had too as his legs are much needed in the middle of the pitch for chelsea.

Update of my save coming soon :)

2015/16 Season

This will be the season where I off load some unwanted players and looked to improve the team with 1 or 2 big signings.

Team (Regens in bold):

Gk -Courtois/Delac

Dl -Bertrand/Hatcher/ De Cillis

Dc -Luiz/Elton

Dc -Varane/Terry(34)

Dr -Azplizcueta/Walker

Mcl -Bertolacci/

Mcr -Thiago/Kovacic/Kenney

Aml -Mata/Hazard/Munian

Amc -Hazard/Kovacic/Thiago

Amr Salvio-/Studge/Kakuta

St -Torres/Munian/Huerta/Studge

Transfer Summary:

Chelsea_Transfers_History.png

adult image hosting

Chelsea_Transfers_History_2.png

image upload

As you can see a few players left but a lot of young players joined and went on loan to my feeder clubs Vitesse, Watford, Southampton and Westerloo. Brought in a lot of Brazilian and young africans. My main big signing were Hazard and Ramires was the biggest name to leave going to AC Milan for 20 million.

Pre-Season:

Friendly_2015.png

free picture hosting

As you can see pre season went well and i have been scoring a lot of goals. I have decided to change amc support to a Trequarista this season and the Box to box mcr to a mc-support or advanced playmaker support. The target man is used differently dependant on the team i play and the player i use.

September:

West Ham-Away

3-0 win

Stoke-Home

5-2 win

Birmingham-away

I increased the D line as they had slow striker and went with Munian as the striker for his pace to take on there slow DC-Jack Hobbs and this worked as they only got there 1st shot on target in the 60th minute, the other shots on target were from Corners. Score: 3-0 Win

Aston Villa-Home

They had dangerous long shooters in the form of Benzema and Cabaye while playing a hard 4-5-1 to break down. There Central defence were good pace wise and in the air with Shawcross and Clark. And the there fullbacks pacy. This was going to be a hard game to Win!

Munian scored an amazing solo effort destroying the Aston villa with his dribbling and speed down the left flank. I then moved him to the forward position with hazard down the side. Courtois pulled of some amazing saves against Benzemas stinging long shots! Ndiaye gets the ball in the box and shoots and gets a dramatic late equaliser. So unfortunate! We deserved more than a draw as we dominated from the start. I should have probably increased the time wasting in the last 10 minutes or changed to my own 4-5-1

Score: 1-1 draw

Schalke- Home

I wasn’t going to make any changes to the way we played as there were no out and out weaknesses of Schalkes team. This should be a tough game. Munian will reccieve the ball to feet and look to run at them. Salvio scores his 1st goal for Chelsea out pacing and dribbling the Schalke Defence! We were having soo much possession and battered them with shots before I got hit on the counter by Schalke. Varane missed a tackle and Schalke score to go ahead. We should have won this game and the use of the treq as a playmaker was cancelled out by man marking and once I took it off at 75 minutes we should have gone ahead with 2 should have been goals.Holtby was really good for them and impressed me as well as there greek striker regen who I may keep a tab on.

Score 2-1 loss

Blackburn-away

They had strong athletic CDs in Samba and partner(being weak in the air). Therefore I went for Lukaku for this game with supply mixed. They had pace in attack with Rochina and co and therefore decided to defend with a deep d line. Doing so mean I needed to increase how direct we played from the back. I scored a goal from a corner through Varane and Hazard beat the defence to score a good goal. The deep line worked, all they could do was shoot from range.

2-0 Win

Bolton-league cup-away

They had slow defenders and a quick striker with average finishing and long shots Jay simpson. The plan was to play deep wit a quick striker like Munian or Studge or play them both on the day.

Score: 4-0

As you all can see I had a good month but a negative is that mata came back from injury to get injured immediately… Looks like I may have to sell him to due to him being injury prone and the so the search for his successor begins. Hazard has played very well in that position and will remain there for the time being.

Liverpool-Home

Not much changes in the way ill be approaching this game, may lower my d line during the game and hope my pace can get through there defensive lines. Liverpool score from a brace off the bar after a free kick, lucky a we dominate the game in the 1st half

Score:1-0 loss

We were extremely unlucky to lose the game but Liverpool were really hard to break down and when we did break them down we should have scored. Luiz was very disappointing in this game and may be benched for the next game.

Olympiakos-away

Very slow defence so I am going to attack them with a quick front 3 and a very high D line as they don’t have pace to scare me in attack.

Score:7-1

Just destroyed them in every way!

I think i am realising the lack of DMs i have in my team if not the club. I only have Bertolacci and Sven Bender and we really suffered against arsenal as both got injured and therefore had to play my young future attacking central midfielder hoping that we could out pass Arsenal :(. We did after I dropped the D line and played a counter attack and had a late fight back scoring 2 goals in the last 15 minutes of the game, still lost 2-3 though :(

Need to get back involved with my Chelsea save after my exams. Although I am considering starting a new on as the one I had wasn't going too well and I would probably do things differently, sign and get rid of different people etc. However I don't usually like restarting games with teams I have already been so I will see how I feel. In the game I have already started I am in the quarters of the FA cup, just got knocked out the CL in the round of 16 and 2nd in the league to United by 10 points. I can still finish the season possibly winning one trophy but I do kind of want to start again, even if it ended up just as badly I think I would enjoy starting again but just making sure I do better with tactics and gameplans.

So, in my last season (2) I have managed to recover from a bad start and went on to win the League, League Cup and CL. My main strikers are Torres and Lukaku and I play a formation with only 1 striker. Torres seems to bang them in, but he tends to have 1 major injury every season which puts him out of action for a couple of months. As a result I have to use Lukaku but he's just not performing for me. He is still developing but he just can't perform in big games (yet?). So every time Torres gets injured my results tend to suffer. This 3rd pre-season I am planning to buy an excellent striker that I can rotate with Torres. Man Utd. have shockingly transfer listed Rooney because he has become unsettled and he publicly announced to the media that he wants me to come and get him from Man Utd. Man Utd. will accept a bid of €36.5mil for him. Normally I would jump at this opportunity, but this being the 3rd season, Rooney is already 27 (turning 28), so he probably at most has only 3-4 good seasons left in him. However, €36.5mil is not that much to pay for arguably one of the top strikers and it will certainly hurt my fierce rivals if they part with him. So I am at a dilemma. Do I go for it and snap him up and hurt Man Utd. in the process, as well as offer myself more options at the front, or do I pass and find a younger talent instead? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It would have been mighty hard for me too turn down Rooney but it depends on what you want for your game. I want to try and keep it realistic when i can.For example I could bring tevez in but i dont see that happening in real life and the wages are monstrous!

Il be doing a update soon.

It would have been mighty hard for me too turn down Rooney but it depends on what you want for your game. I want to try and keep it realistic when i can.For example I could bring tevez in but i dont see that happening in real life and the wages are monstrous!

Il be doing a update soon.

He was also asking for ridiculous wages when I offered the asking price just to see what he would ask. Was something like 250k p/w with all kinds of perks and bonuses.

Well to keep it short and sweet I have had a mare of a season!

- 5th in the league

- out in the quarter finals of the Champ League

- lose in the League cup final

I requested that the board give me another season and they agreed to do so.

I tryd to do a Villas Boas by getting rid of the old and bringing in the new and young for the next generation. Its proven that its a lot harder than 1st thought. I need better central defenders and better ball winning/passing midfielders. My team lacks that grit and aggression that is needed to go win the ball and hit teams where it hurts! I also think that too much fiddeling was the lead to my down fall.

The positives are that Lamela on loan has shown he could be the class that we are looking for in the AMC role. Leanardo bittencourt has also shown that he could be part of a bright future for Chelsea.

Unfortunately the board go back on there word and to be honest i cant be to upset as a team like Chelsea should be in the Top 3. Carlo, Van Gaal and Lippi are the names being touted to replace me as manager and i wish them the best of luck. I hope i perhaps will get a chance to get to manage chelsea again in the future if i do well at other clubs. Van Gaal got the job and the first thing he did was go about blowing the massive funds i got from selling players by bringing Neymar to Stamford Bridge for 35 Mill, will be interesting to see what he does to the team.

Archived