FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still going strong with my Chelsea save guys, currently in January of 2019! This is by far my longest save on any FM ever!

Trophy Haul

Community Shield - 2014/2016/2018

Premier League - 2016/2017/2018

League Cup - 2013/2016/2017/2018

FA Cup - 2013/2014

Champions League - 2013/2016/2017

European Super Cup - 2013/2016/2017

Club World Championship - 2013/2016/2017

I also won the Confederations Cup in a short stint as England manager.

Overall Career Stats

fbd78.jpg

First Team Squad

30lfnfs.jpg

We moved to Zola Arena, a 65,000 all seater stadium which boasts under soil heating, a roof, top corporate facilities, top training facilities and state of the art youth facilities in 2016. We also have exceptional juniour coaching and extensive youth recruitment. Eddie Newton is my Ass Man and Drogs, Lamps an JT are all on my coaching staff :D. I love my Chelsea save.

KTBFFH!

Bruma has been great for me in my 3rd season, outperforming Terry and Luiz. And to think he wasn't even in my plans at first.

So after playing 2 seasons with the grid tactic and downloaded training schedules, I decided to finally devise my own tactics and schedules. Things have been going great; top of the league and reaching the semi-final in the CL (losing 2-0 on agg to City). I was so bored with the plug and play tactic.

Unfortunately, I've had a mishap. May was going great for me. I tried a new counter-attacking/defensive formation against City in the F.A. Cup final and won 1-0 with Romeu nabbing his first goal of the season (he's been great for me as my 1st choice DLP). Then a crucial game against 2nd place United in the league and I draw 1-1. I easily take out Southampton or whoever it was in the penultimate game. Going into a game with bottom-dwellers Norwich my computer restarted due to some windows update I hadn't noticed. :( I didn't save.

So now I'm back to May 3, struggling to muster up the courage to go at it again. I just need time.

Torres bagged 83 goals in all competitions last season with the grid tactic. This season with my own he had around 56 before getting injured in April. He was able to grab the BPL record with 35 in the league though. Hulk and Nainggolan are the new signings this season and they've been nothing short of great. Corchia on the right and Eriksen down the middle have also been performing well. I play an attacking 4-2-3-1:

GK - Cech

DR - Corchia

Stopper - Terry

Cover - Luiz/Bruma

DL - Ozgur Sak (18 year old Turkish regen)

DLP - Romeu/Fellaini

BWM - Nainggolan/Ramires/Fellaini

L Winger - Mata

AMC - Eriksen

R Winger - Hulk

ST - Torres

so just signed Joe Allen on the cheap, £2.5m as back up to Ganso.... turns out he's actually really good. Good passing, anticipation, concentration, work rate and teamwork stats.

4 goals and 4 assists in his first 7 games all from CM isnt too bad for a Welsh bloke!

Finally got my FM fired up again and have decided to start a game with Chelsea. Looking forward to utilizing the depth of creative midfield talent available to me. (I'm using the weegie update).

The squad is pretty good as is so not too many ins and outs.

Out:

Yossi Benayoun - £3m - Sevilla

Florant Malouda - £8.5m - Inter

Michael Essien - £44m - Man City (Far too good to turn down, as much as I like Essien)

In:

Micah Richards - £24.5m - Man City

Leandro Damiao - £17.25 - Internacional

Carlos Fierro - £2.5m - Chivas

I'm going to play a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation. Using a deep lying playmaker (Lampard/Merieles). Alongside a box to Box or ball winning midfielder (Ramires/Mikel). The attacking midfield three will be Left - Advanced Playmaker/Inside Forward (Mata/Sturridge) Centre - Trequartista (Hazard/Oscar) Right - Inside Forward/Advanced Playmaker (Oscar/Marin)

Then I will rotate Torres and Damiao up front.

John Terry remains as Captain, with Lampard VC..

First Team Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Cech (1)

Hillario (2)

Turnball (3)

I will probably bring in Jack Butland and Sell Turnball and then Hillario next season when Courtouis returns.

Defenders:

Right Backs:

Ivanovic (=1)

Richard (=1)

Left Backs:

Cole (1)

Bertrand (2)

Centre Backs:

Terry (1)

Luiz (=1)

Cahill (=1)

Richards (=2)

Ivanovic (=2)

Romeu (3)

Midfielders:

Central:

Lampard (1)

Ramires (=1)

Mikel (=1)

Meireles (2)

McEachran (3)

AML

Mata (1)

Sturridge (2)

AMC

Hazard (1)

Oscar (2)

Mata (3)

AMR

Oscar (1)

Marin (2)

Forwards

Torres (1)

Damiao (2)

Sturridge (3)

Fierro (4)

August Update:

Community Shield (N)

VS Manchester City (W) 4 - 0 (Mata, Damiao, Essien(OG), Hazard). MoM - Damiao.

A very good start at Wembley as we out matched the champion easing to victory with an impressive performance. Thankfully for us Essien forgot he had been transferred and scored a stunning own goal to top of a great day for the fans.

Premier League:

VS Fulham (A) (W) 0 - 2 (Mata, Marin) MoM - Marin

VS Southampton (A) (W) 1 - 5 (Damiao (2), Oscar, Ramires, Luiz) MoM - Oscar

Two games, two victories. Both impressive performances as we got our title challenge off to a good start with two wins on the road. The first a derby match, the final score doesn't do justice to the dominance we had. Finishing the game with 32 shots and 15 on target. We dominated from start to finish. Picking up from where we left off in the Community Shield. Next up newly promoted Southampton who had beaten Man City 1-0 in their opener, however they were no match as our Brazilian contingent took over scoring all 5 goals in a comfortable victory. Oscar was the provider and scorer for 4 out of the goals earning the Man of the Match award.

European Super Cup (N)

VS At. Madrid (W) 2 - 1 (E.Hazard, Luiz) MoM - E.Hazard

The second Trophy of a possible six in the cabinet, won impressively by a second string side that saw first starts for Jack Butland, Ryan Bertrand, Gary Cahil, Raul Merieles, Oriol Romeu, Thorogan Hazard and Daniel Sturridge as we left most of the first team players at home to rest up. Eden Hazard started the game alongside his brother and was the decisive factor as he scored one and made another to give us victory.

Transfers:

In:

Jack Butland - Birmingham - £2.5m

Kurt Zouma - AS Saint Etienne - £5m

Jean-Marie Dongou - Barcelona - £1.5m

Paco Alacaer - Valencia - £8.25m (End Of Season)

Out:

Ross Turnball - Newcastle - £650K

Some extra youth players bought in to the squad to help for future season where it will be harder to spend. I had hoped to add Ross Barkley to the team however Everton would settle for no less than £30m, not what we were prepared to pay. We shall try again come January.

I have Essien, Ramires, Mikel and Romeu fighting for one spot in the starting line-up. I can always send Romeu on loan to aid with his development. But who do you guys tend to cut loose? I try to keep my squad as close to the one in real life, but i'm finding i always end up with an unhappy player or two. Cheers.

I have Essien, Ramires, Mikel and Romeu fighting for one spot in the starting line-up. I can always send Romeu on loan to aid with his development. But who do you guys tend to cut loose? I try to keep my squad as close to the one in real life, but i'm finding i always end up with an unhappy player or two. Cheers.

Essien and Mikel... Essien's salary is too high, I think. I like the player and don't like selling him, but its for the best considering his age. And you can get good money from Italy for Mikel.

Ramires is a great player and should be kept, imo. But of course tactics can play a [part in the decision.

September Update:

Premier League:

VS Liverpool (A) (W) 2 - 3 (Torres(2), Hazard) - A. Cole S/O - MoM - Torres

VS Sunderland (H) (W) 5-4 (Ramires 2, Luiz, Lampard, Hazard) - MoM - Hazard

VS Aston Villa (A) (W) 1 - 2 (Damiao, Ramires) MoM - Damiao

We kept up our 100% record in the league with some storming games. First up was Liverpool at Anfield where we were three goals to the good and dominating thanks to a virtuoso performance from the returning Fernando Torres, however the sending off of Ashley Cole and two late Liverpool goals made the result closer than it should have been. Next up one of the games of the season as we battled back from behind four times to finally beat Sunderland at Stamford bridge, a poor defensive display was countered by a 'we'll score one more than you' mentality. Hazard was at his magical best involved in all five of the teams goals. Finally an away trip to Villa park, after taking the lead through summer signing Damiao we were pegged back by an Agbonlahor strike, only for the man Ramires to pop in the dying moments with yet another vital goal.

A

Champions League:

VS FC Nordsjaelland (H) (W) 4 - 0 (Sturridge, Hazard, Damiao, Meireles) - MoM Hazard

VS Lille OSC (A) (W) 1 - 3 (Torres, Ramires, Hazard) - MoM - Luiz

A good start to our Champions League defence, we brushed aside FC Nordsjaelland, as I expected we would, Meireles scoring a stunning final goal from 30 yards. Lille proved tougher opposition but in the end our class told, with Hazard scoring a late goal against his old side.

Capital One Cup:

Vs Brighton (A) (L) 0 - 1

A shock first round exit as our fringe players drew a blank and succumbed to a first half penalty.

All in all a good month, only the disappointment of failing in the league cup as a negative. Our player of the month, goes to Eden Hazard who much like IRL has been a revelation.

I have an unbelievable player and i just wanted to share him with you.

I signed him for £2m when he was 15 and given him 10-15 games a season until this season, where he's played Mascherano out of the team!

Screen_Shot_2012_08_31_at_13_55_29.jpg

Screen_Shot_2012_08_31_at_13_55_39.jpg

i have him playing Anchor Man, but he's just so good. 1st 4.5 player i've had in this save!

What do you reckon? Anyone match this guy?

I try (to a certain extent) match my save to the going ons IRL, in my second season i have reluctantly sold Essien to Madrid for £30 mil :-( good deal or have i been had? I have tried to soften the blow by getting Fellaini as his replacement, has anyone had any experience with him? Seems to be rated quite highly in this football manager installment and goes for peanuts.

• 3 weeks later...

Started new Chelsea save today, as a fan I got really hyped up after Arsenal game, so I guess this will be my last save before FM 13. Got rid of every coach except Steve Holland, and brought in some more serious personnel... didn't touch youth coaches yet, and I'm about to get rid of majority of physios except Eva Carneiro :D Concerning players, Lampard got injured for 3 months at the beginning of the season so I decided to bring in Marvin Martin, I was gonna get him anyway although not that early in the save, but Lamp's injury made me do it. Also, I'm thinking of selling Malouda before window closes and getting Kevin Großkreutz. In a few seasons, I'm hoping my team to look like this (I'm playing 4-4-2 flat)

GK: Cech (ter Stegen)

DR: Ivanovic (Azpilicueta, or even Lahm if it's possible)

DC: Terry (Phil Jones)

DC: Luiz (I will decide later on 4th centre back, maybe Ranocchia, maybe Papasthatopoulus or whatever his name is, maybe Kjaer, maybe some regen, I will also try to develop Chalobah)

DL: A Cole (Olsson)

MR: Weiss (Ramires, Park, Oscar maybe, I'll think also Kakuta is in the mix)

MC: probably Lass, maybe Javi Garcia, (Meireles, Essien)

MC: Lampard (Martin)

ML: Mata (Großkreutz)

STL: Torres (still can't decide on other fast striker)

STR: Lukaku (also can't decide about support striker, I really wanted to get Pogrebnyak but he can't get wp :( I might even go for Falcao if I'm lunatic enough at that moment lol)

I'm two games in the first season at the moment, lost to Aston Villa away 1-0 (Heskey scored, imagine that), and won against QPR 2-0 at the Bridge.

Will update as the season progresses.

Obviously everyone is waiting for FM 13 and this thread is dead but I will continue with my updates regardlessly, since I usually don't get new FM until a couple of patches have been released...

So, besides summer transfers Kevin Großkreutz, Javi Martinez and Marvin Martin, in January I purchased Mbaye Niang (one for the future), Azpilicueta, Valencia (he was unhappy so I managed to get him for £6M) and Rossi from Villareal. I also approached Andrea Bertolacci on free transfer and he will join the club in July.

First season was pretty interesting I should say. Torres was firing on all cylinders, but there was no chance to keep up with United. In the first 15 games they had 15-0-0 score. Crazy. I was 6 points ahead of both City and Arsenal during most of the season but Champions League took its toll and eventually City overtook us. Arsenal fell off and finished 5th with Tottenham overtaking 4th position.

Biggest problem was Torres' injury for 5-6 months, on 2nd February or something like that, few days after transfer window closed. Sturridge and Lukaku both stepped up, Lukaku especially, and eventually won Champions League best player and CL Golden Boot with 9 goals in total. At the age of 18, crazy.

After pretty tough group in CL, with Dortmund and Valencia also being contenders for two spots in second round, we drew Milan, and beat them relatively easy. Then Barca came, I thought this is the end, especially after 1-2 loss at Stamford Bridge. Surprisingly, I won 2-0 at Nou Camp and progressed to semis where Napoli was waiting, thrashed them 4-1 on aggregate and eventually, in the final, beat United 3-2 after losing 0-1 and 1-2. Quite unexpectedly to be honest. I also lifted both domestic cups.

I'm about to start with summer transfer window, with main targets being Coentrao, Coleman, and one central defender maybe. Lot of good players appeared on player search screen once I won CL, names like Pato, Ibra, Sneijder, Thiago Silva, Higuain, Özil etc... so I might bring in one of them, I'm especially keen on Thiago Silva and Özil but I'm afraid they are too expensive both transfer and wages wise.

This season, Premier League will be priority but taking into consideration we must play in Club World Cup, fixture congestion will definitely be a huge problem. Will update you when I feel it is necessary...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend any good promising English or British youngsters that are good enough to play as an advanced playmaker in the three of a 4-2-3-1. I play all three as advanced playmakers and its working well but would like to add a bit of young English talent to my mostly foreign Chelsea squad.

Archived