FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the two previous.. I made the mistake of underestimating the 'older guys'! Lampard and Terry should be two of your key men especially in your first season, and still have a good three seasons in them I feel. Writing off your chances to win the league in your first season just because Man City are in the league is just stuuupid!

Right seeing how bad chelsea currently are under AVB i think im gonna start a proper game.

Man City will no doubt win the league in season one so i tihnk im gonna do a clear out of the old guys. Getting rid of terry, lampard, drogba,anelka to begin with

I won the league in my first season with Arsenal... it's possible mate, in fact, it's pretty easy.

I agree with the two previous.. I made the mistake of underestimating the 'older guys'! Lampard and Terry should be two of your key men especially in your first season, and still have a good three seasons in them I feel. Writing off your chances to win the league in your first season just because Man City are in the league is just stuuupid!

Terry and Lampard have just retired at the end of the fifth season in my save. Now part of the coaching staff. :cool:

Need to select a new captain and vice now. :(

Terry and Lampard have just retired at the end of the fifth season in my save. Now part of the coaching staff. :cool:

Need to select a new captain and vice now. :(

Lampard and Terry are still playing for me at the moment, currently January 2017 - well Terry isn't doing too much playing, but will lead the side in the World Club Championships at the moment. Lampard is still a strong back up at 38, running the midfield when I let him play, he wants to go into Management so doubt I can twist his arm to become a coach, although Terry is currently player/coaching currently - although not too greater coach at the moment.

Life in the old dog yet..

Made a few screenshots of a recent win over 3rd in the table Liverpool, in which Lampard played 90mins at a ripe old age of 38. So thought I'd pop the one up of Lampard's passing in the game;

ChelseavLiverpoolAnalysis_Analysis-5.png

(in case link isn't working; http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/tomrichards1992/ChelseavLiverpoolAnalysis_Analysis-5.png)

I tend not to look as his profile very reguarly, for fear of red arrows everywhere that will cause me to cast prejudice over him, but if he can keep up this ability, and his high levels of fitness he may be able to go yet another season, and maybe until he is 40! Let this be a warning for those who try and cast of the old guard! Age is but a number..

Edit; Rahh, what the hell; just had a look at him, and he's lost a bit of his technical ability and what pace he had left, but he's a specimen of fitness still, and obviously has the first yard in his head anyway. Great mental attributes for a player that I use to keep the ball moving in the midfield.

FrankLampardOverview_Attributes.png

(in case link isn't working; http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/tomrichards1992/FrankLampardOverview_Attributes.png)

general question for Chelsea, just finished my first season with chelsea and they are expanding stadium by 1500 costing 1,7 million or something, made me think of if in your games what is the highest stamford bridge capacity you have got on FM12, or if forced to build a new stadium?

Thanks

general question for Chelsea, just finished my first season with chelsea and they are expanding stadium by 1500 costing 1,7 million or something, made me think of if in your games what is the highest stamford bridge capacity you have got on FM12, or if forced to build a new stadium?

Thanks

Mine is currently at 43,000 after a 1000 or so seat expansion; with plans currently in place to build a new stadium, due for July 2019.

Thanks

I got it to 43,000, and then they finally granted me a new stadium iin November 2013, which has just been opened now in June 2016. It holds just over 58,000, but rather disappointingly has just been called "The Chelsea Stadium".

would love to get a new stadium and get it sponsored to bring in some more revenue. 58,000 is good size and can prob be increased more in future as well.

Well, they're is a sponsorship deal in place. Get something like £4.35million a year for 25 years. (Will confirm the figure later when I'm on the game).

i never do this but i thought i would give a first season review:

2011/2012 Review

PL = 4th place

CL= Semi finals(knocked out by winners Barcalona)

FA Cup = beat in final on pens by Norwich

League Cups = Winners beating Bolton in Final.

Transfers:

In-

No big name transfers in this year - was concentrating on building a young squad for the future -few promising youngsters with Thiago coming on loan in summer and di Maria coming in loan for few months in Jan, highlight was niang coming in for 6.75mil

Out-

Got rid of Anelka, Malouda, Alex, Paulo Ferreria to get more transfer funds to pay for more talented youngsters

Josh Mceachran out on loan to Cardiff for a year to agin first team experience with view of more first team action next year.

Review:

First season on fm12 went pretty well, took me a while to get into the game, but after a rough start in august and september in the league - where i was under pressure from Roman, i picked things up and went on a good streak of not losing, consolidating my place in the top four, however with games mounting up in the last 4 months, I was dropping vital points and ended up just about 4th place for better goal difference than Man City, Man Utd won the league with Arsenal and Spurs filling in the 2nd 3rd palces.

Overall not a bad season - disappointed by FA Cup final defeat on pens and poor start to season but was encouraged by run of form mid season.

For not spending big money on transfers i now have 60 mil to spend in the summer, so i will update at the end of the summer transfer window with new signings, hope to get at least one big name- main area needed right winger.

Thanks for reading :)

i never do this but i thought i would give a first season review:

2011/2012 Review

PL = 4th place

CL= Semi finals(knocked out by winners Barcalona)

FA Cup = beat in final on pens by Norwich

League Cups = Winners beating Bolton in Final.

Transfers:

In-

No big name transfers in this year - was concentrating on building a young squad for the future -few promising youngsters with Thiago coming on loan in summer and di Maria coming in loan for few months in Jan, highlight was niang coming in for 6.75mil

Out-

Got rid of Anelka, Malouda, Alex, Paulo Ferreria to get more transfer funds to pay for more talented youngsters

Josh Mceachran out on loan to Cardiff for a year to agin first team experience with view of more first team action next year.

Review:

First season on fm12 went pretty well, took me a while to get into the game, but after a rough start in august and september in the league - where i was under pressure from Roman, i picked things up and went on a good streak of not losing, consolidating my place in the top four, however with games mounting up in the last 4 months, I was dropping vital points and ended up just about 4th place for better goal difference than Man City, Man Utd won the league with Arsenal and Spurs filling in the 2nd 3rd palces.

Overall not a bad season - disappointed by FA Cup final defeat on pens and poor start to season but was encouraged by run of form mid season.

For not spending big money on transfers i now have 60 mil to spend in the summer, so i will update at the end of the summer transfer window with new signings, hope to get at least one big name- main area needed right winger.

Thanks for reading :)

Keep it up mate. At least you didn't get the sack already lol, I'm starting a Chelsea one now so will see how it goes...

What formation have you been using?

Keep it up mate. At least you didn't get the sack already lol, I'm starting a Chelsea one now so will see how it goes...

What formation have you been using?

I Started off trying to use 4-4-2 with target man (Drogba) and poacher (Torres) bu found the lack of a brilliant right winger and Mata in bad run of form i decided to change to 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Mikel/Romeu in anchor position, lampard and ramiries(who had a brillaint season), and mata as attacking midfielder position.

I found that changing to this position got the best results with the players i had, i will loom to change to 4-4-2 in the summer when i buy a good right midfielder.:)

What plans do you have for chelsea, any signings you looking to make,or keep the main team as is?

I Started off trying to use 4-4-2 with target man (Drogba) and poacher (Torres) bu found the lack of a brilliant right winger and Mata in bad run of form i decided to change to 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Mikel/Romeu in anchor position, lampard and ramiries(who had a brillaint season), and mata as attacking midfielder position.

I found that changing to this position got the best results with the players i had, i will loom to change to 4-4-2 in the summer when i buy a good right midfielder.:)

What plans do you have for chelsea, any signings you looking to make,or keep the main team as is?

That seems a good way to do it, I think I will play with a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards as wingers cutting in, for the first half of the season I am going to keep the main team how it is I think. But I do have £14 to spend as you know so if I need it, it's there. I'll see how my team go through pre-season and then see if I need improvements! Aiming for a top four finish this year with winning either the F.A. or League cup (I know the fans and Abramovich will want more)

yeah that was my objective i set myself as well, as long as i had champ league football next season i was happy, won the league cup and got to final of fa cup (should have won), and got to semi final of champ league.

One negative i got from last season was Daniel Sturridge, he is still young enough to make it but he didnt play well for me at all, he scored a few goals but when giving the chance of a first team run, he just didnt take his opportunity unlike Lukaku who was v good when given the chance.

Why does everyone seem to be setting themselves a target of a top 4 finish with Chelsea, its crazy! The squad we have is easily capable of winning the League! Just because were fighting for top 4 in reality doesnt mean you have to set yourself such a target in FM!

The Reason it was my target to get top 4, of course the squad is there at the minute that can win the league in the first season, however i knew that i would be changing the squad and the way it plays so therefore realisiticly i would be dropping points in some games, i knew this would happen so i set myself the target of not dropping too much points to be able to stay in top 4. Next season i fully expect to win the league as my team have now gelled together.

P.S it is not as if i don't go out to win every game so i was still disappointed i wasn't higher up the table.

Why does everyone seem to be setting themselves a target of a top 4 finish with Chelsea, its crazy! The squad we have is easily capable of winning the League! Just because were fighting for top 4 in reality doesnt mean you have to set yourself such a target in FM!

Well its more of me trying to get used to the way the players work together, thats all. Not that I don't believe that with this squad we couldn't win it, just I ain't going to get my hopes up on it as I will be chopping and changing throughout the season.

Obviously people have no confidence in their managerial ability, or have none to start with :D

i have just started a chelsea save, more to experiment with a different formation, after 8 games in the league i am in 1st place 4 points ahead of Arsenal and Everton. Only signed 2 players Affelay and Javi Garcia. Playing a WM formation, see the discussion in one of Cleons threads.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-All-You-Need-To-Know-About-FM

GK

DL -DC- DR

DM-DM

MC-MC

FL- ST- FR

Interesting formation, needs tweaking and a bit of work before each match, you also need to pay closer attention against non-standard formations.

First post here but been a member for a while! Used to download tactics but this year decided to develop my own with Ipswich which went well, promotion 1st season and top 10 finishes 5 years in a row (making the Europa League twice). got a little bored with the lack of funds for wages to push on so have started again as chelsea using the same tactic (4-1-1-3-1)

Brought in Sime Vrsaljko at RB for £3.2m, Taras Stephanenko DM for £3m & Wilfried FWD for £2.8m. Plus a couple for the future / cup games - Emre Can £3.5m, Bruma £1.3m Sold Ferreria £1.1m, Anelka £4.6m.

McEachran, Sturridge, Lukaku, Lalkovic & Romeu are being dropped into 1st team as i can / need to in order to start pushing their development.

So far so good, tactic starting to work well. Top after 5 games, 2 points clear of Villa and Man City. Scored 13 conceded 5 (3 against Stoke away where we drew 3-3 - crouch and his headers from corners!!). 1st game of the season was 2-1 win away at spurs, just beat liverpool 4-1 away after going 1-0 down. Will be interesting to see how the tactic goes with stronger players and aginst the top teams.

Not planning on using Drogba that much as he doesn't really fit my system (front man is a pacey poacher), tried to sell him but everyone wanted to pay over 24 months and I wanted the cash up front! Will try again in January maybe or just keep him for an emergancy and let his contract run out.

Planning on trying to strengthen the wings but will see how Sturridge & Lalkovic develop for now!

i have just started a chelsea save, more to experiment with a different formation, after 8 games in the league i am in 1st place 4 points ahead of Arsenal and Everton. Only signed 2 players Affelay and Javi Garcia. Playing a WM formation, see the discussion in one of Cleons threads.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-All-You-Need-To-Know-About-FM

GK

DL -DC- DR

DM-DM

MC-MC

FL- ST- FR

Interesting formation, needs tweaking and a bit of work before each match, you also need to pay closer attention against non-standard formations.

I was using this formation way before Cleon made it fashionable :D

A very effective system when you are able to fine tune it to make it work; not one of those formations where you can try and cram the players in to though, very reliant on having the right men before hand.

I found it highly effective at just dominating teams, as I played with a very high line and intensive pressing, aided with super quick defenders to ward of any attacks into the open half. Tried a similar set up with my Chelsea save at the moment, with the three man defence, with three defensive midfielders in front of them - was more orientated on manning the midfield to dominate possession and rack up the passing; but quite fun. Will be interested to hear how you get on :)

I was using this formation way before Cleon made it fashionable :D

A very effective system when you are able to fine tune it to make it work; not one of those formations where you can try and cram the players in to though, very reliant on having the right men before hand.

I found it highly effective at just dominating teams, as I played with a very high line and super quick defenders. Tried a similar set up with my Chelsea save at the moment, with the three man defence, with three defensive midfielders in front of them - was more orientated on manning the midfield to dominate possession and rack up the passing; but quite fun. Will be interested to hear how you get on :)

Yeah its good at dominating teams, i like it when you see that centre 'box' of players moving up and passing through opponents, then some fullback punts the ball up between Terry and Ivanovic ...... :p thats the weakest part quick breaks , enjoying it so far

Chelsea F.C; 2016/17 -January 2017 Update

Hit January 2017, in my third year at the club, so thought I'd post up a little update and give an overview of the business I've done this January;

Premier League

League Table - Results - Player Stats

Not going as well as I'd hoped, with far too many dropped points. I put this down to tactical tinkering, and will probably even out now that I have put tactical experimentation on the back burner. Swansea are this seasons surprise package, flirting with top spot a couple of times so far, and in contention for a Champions League spot this season. A lot of players I brought into the club when I was manager there for three seasons have developed into first team players, along with the addition of many others with the £40m or so I funded them through the purchases of Gylfi Sigurðsson, and Scott Sinclair when I brought them with me to Chelsea.

Champions League & Super Cup

Group Stages - Results - Last 16 Knockout Draw - Super Cup vs. Juventus

A testing game against Juventus got our European campaign off to a winning start, and that continued throughout the group stages - making a run of 19 games undefeated in the Champions League; and excluding last years defeat to Barca in the Super Cup, 32 unbeaten in Europe over three seasons. Hopefully I'll progress into the further stages of this years CL, with a view to retain my title from last year.

World Club Championship, Community Shield, Carling Cup & F.A Cup

Community Shield vs. Tottenham - World Club Championship - vs. Internacional - Carling Cup - Semi Finals vs. Arsenal - F.A Cup 4th Round - vs. Hull

So two of these competitions wrapped up and ticked off the 'to win list'. Tough draw against Arsenal over two legs in the Carling Cup, hopefully I'll be able to field enough quality in a primarly youthful team to progress into a final that I lost on penalties last season. F.A Cup is still early, but beat West Ham comfortably 3-1 in the 3rd Round; so still on course for a clean sweep domestically. Fingers crossed.

Players

-Top Rated: Kyriakos Papapapapapapadopoulos; 7.59 - Josh McEachran; 7.50 - Gylfi Sigurðsson & Fernando Torres; 7.49

-Top Goalscorers: Fernando Torres; 23 goals - Gylfi Sigurðsson; 22 goals -

-Top Assists: Josh McEachran; 13 - Mario Gotze; 11

-MVP so far: Fernando Torres

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January Transfer Window

I usually like to keep First Team transfer business to a minimum at this time of the season, but I thought I'd have a little play around this year.

Incoming

- Sergio Canales - Real Madrid - End of Season Loan - 700k

6876960457_36b56b630f_z.jpg

Sergio Canales (Overview_ Attributes) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

Nefti De La Cruz - Valencia - £10Million + clauses (totaling around £12m)

6877373853_6a5ed05085_z.jpg

Andres Bustos - Valencia - £5.5Million

6877373077_cb5e0df4c1_z.jpg

Three players brought in, incidentally all Spanish midfielders. Canales was very much an impulse purchase, although with Mata being crocked for most of the season he may add some added Spanish creativity that would have been missed. Somehow, hasn't featured much at Real Madrid, so snatched at the chance to bring a player I've always admired but yet to manage. Should he impress he may see a permanent deal arise, although I have other in house youth prospects that may deserve the chance; would need to sell before Canales came in, and the thinking would probably be Mata to go, and I don't really like the sound of that. De La Cruz looks like he could become one of the worlds best players; went after him in the summer window, but was qouted in excess of £20M for him, so I thought that a deal of around £12M looked to be good value, although I don't like paying such high fees for players of such little age; although this kid could be a steal at that price. Bustos came on the 1st Jan after I signed him just after the September deadline; hopefully I can get Lampard to tutor some of his wisdom on to him, and he can go right into the first team.

Outgoing

Fabio Coentrao - £46.5Million - Man City (hahaha)

The last of the AVB signings, and he now follows the likes of Balázs Dzsudzsák, Gonzalo Castro, Phil Jagielka, Maroune Felliani, Mauricio Isla and a few more all out the club since my arrival; although probably the best one of the aforementioned, he was on a hefty salary of £160k p/w plus numerous bonuses and with around 18months left on his salary the price Man City were willing to pay was an offer I couldn't refuse. Has spent most of this season injured through a torn hamstring, and a couple of other niggling injuries; this has seen his physicals take a slight decrease, although he probably would have seen these restored, his absence in the side has seen Jack Robinson flurish in the first team; so his absence wasn't really missed. Man City now have a wealth of left backs, after signing far too many players, and hoarding existing ones - Gael Clichy, Gareth Bale, Evgeny Makeev, Salvadore Bocchetti and about four more! The transfer income becomes a club record, exceeding the sale of Arjen Robben, and in doing so helps to strengthen my financial situation, whilst lightening the wage bill considerably. Now, after his exit I only have two players left on £100k+ salaries - Cech (£100k), and Torres (£120k). I should be able to negotiate these two down as they are aging players, which will see me then introducing a wage structure of no player above £100k, in aid to slash the expenditure on players wages.

Lots of youngsters out on loan;

Sent a handful of the first team youth that are back up out on loan to gain match experience, most 'high profile' being Nathan Ake moving to 'fellow title challengers?' Swansea on a end of season loan; with the rest of the best being sent to feeder club Brentford as they smash the rest of the division away in League 2. I'm careful to whome I let out on loan, as some players are being tutored, and despite a lack of first team football are better off staying put, so anyone that isn't being tutored and has 15+ determination will be sent far and wide until the summer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coentrao's replacement;

Well, Jack Robinson will continue as first choice left back in the absence of the Portugese this season; he's developed into a very reliable full back, and in my opinion the better option for England over Leighton Baines (sold this AVB signing too!!) so will probably build upon his single England cap towards the end of this season, with a view to the 2018 WC in Russia. The sale of Coentrao is somewhat of a blessing, in so much I can now develop two young left backs that I have brought in to the U18s at the start of the season; first of which will be David Lambert - rated a PA of four stars, he has the ability to become a world class full back, and already looks capable of first team football. Next player, again brought in to the U18s at the start of the 2016/17 season, Mario Gonzalez looks like he could be another top quality left back; rated 3 star as a center back, and 2.5 as a left back, he could become a defensive option there.

nice update, god bit of business for coentrao!

Also your strikers seem to be scoring a lot of goals, my last season the Torres was top scorer for me but only managed 20 or so goals all season, more spread out across the team with a good few goals coming from midfield, i am thinking it was my tactics as i have changed to 4-4-2 this season and forwards getting more goals now.

I was going to wait until January to do an update but here is my update as of 01 OCT 2012:

Summer of 2012 was a busy summer for me as i have planned to change my tactics for the forthcoming season to 4-4-2 and therefore i needed a right winger so he are my main transfers:

Transfers in

Gotze -Total of 59 mil spread over 48 months

Neymar - Total of 36 mil spread over 24 Months

Hamsik - Total 30 mil spread over 18 months

Around 10 million spent on under 18s who are rated 3.5-4.5 stars and seem very good prospects

Transfers Out:

Yossi Benyanun - 1.5 mil

Raul Merililies - Loan to Everton for 2.5 up front with view of 11.5 transfer

Mikel - Inter Milan - 19.5 Million (didnt really want to let me go but with Josh Mc, Hamsik, Lampard, ramires and few younger future stars i though it was a good price)

A number of reserve players for total of 1-2 million

Kalou - free (now with PSG woth 11.5 million!!)

Hilario - free

With these key signings i thought i would have perfect team now to mount a substantial title challenge, Now in October i am unbeaten, top of the PL, made it to the group stages of CL (played 3, won 3 conceded 0) next round of league cup with youngsters. So everything is going great...

Until i noticed my Finances, i think i may have over spent as the Balance is now minus 6 mill, Typical just when team starting to play well and out of transfer window, i am going to have to continue to lose money until janurary until i can sell a few players, arrgggh.

Here is my first team so far:

GK: Cech/courtis

DF: Boswinga/ivanavic/terry/luiz/cole/bertand

MF:Ramaries/Lampard/Josh Mc/Hamsik/Mata/Gotze/Thiago(on loan)/Katuta

FW: Torres/Drogba/Neymar/Lukaku/Sturridge

That is my main team, the only palyers i can see expendable at the minute in Ivanavic(with the likes of ake etc i can use as back up) and Drogba and maybe sturridge. I will see how much i can get for each player and update later, when i get to Jan on what i have decided.

Torres loves playing PSG;

6882519651_f38eafbf34_b.jpg

Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea (Split View) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

My first 10.0 that I can recall. Think it's safe to say I'm through to the Quarter's; five away goals n'all. Tried a different tactical approach this game, increased the tempo, put in some counter attacking instructions and directed the play down the wings. Safe to say it worked, and Kakuta tore his French counterparts to pieces down the left wing.

Good going everyone, some nice looking regens coming through too. Nice season i3rooker, I agree the stadium name is a shame, I've gotten the same one :(

2018/19 Season Roundup

Premier League

League Table

A good league season, we started in tremendous goal scoring form, the highligh being a 7-1 demolition of Liverpool at the Bridge early in the season. Sadly, as the season went on, our goalscoring form dried up a little, we got a couple of disappointing losses and the morale dipped a little. We brought it back together, and we won secured the league without too much trouble. Here are the league player stats for the entire leage

League Player Stats

FA Cup

A tremendously disappointing 4th round loss to Blackpool ended our hopes in this competition. We have to do better next year.

League Cup

The youngsters did very well in this competition...until the final, where they were taken to pieces by Man City, and lost 5-1, the worst result of my career thus far.

Champions league

We got through the group stage nice and easy, and glided through the first knockout round 6-0 on aggregate over Dortmund. We met Real Madrid in the next round, and while we lost the first leg 1-0, I felt confident we could overturn it at home. We raced into a 2-0 lead and I thought we could hold out, but they got one back in the 70th minute, and no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't get that goal to see us through, and so Real progressed on away goals. Disappointing, but we struggled with a lack of homegrown players (blame my predecessors) and so we had a diminished squad, so I felt we competed fairly well. Something to build on certainly.

Conclusions

Squad

Well, it certainly wasn't the best season, with only the League, Community Shield and European Super Cup to show for our efforts, so two minor trophies and a league retention. It wasn't fantastic, but it'll do, my job is safe enough and I'm still building. Sadly again next season we're going to be short on homegrowns for the CL, my predecessors were very short sighted in that regard, but the year after we should really be able to compete. Here are a few of my star players from this campaign for your viewing pleasures:

Taramasco

Vampeta

Ayala

Said

Rafael

Rafael was the standout player of the season, as Mata was injured fairly often. The best part about those players is that they each followed me to Chelsea from my previous clubs, gives you a good bond to the players that I haven't really had before.

For next season, I'll be trying to move a few players on if I can, particularly the older lads and those that remain from the previous regime, except those that are good enough. We've got a new stadium being built as I said, Chelsea Stadium (:() which will be ready in 2021, so I'll be trying to build a really strong squad for the last season at the Bridge, try and see it off in style. I'll let you guys know how I get on.

Bracken & i3rooker - I've got the same name for my new stadium aswell. Reckon I'll be asking for an expansion soon enough as I've had three sell outs (58,315) from four games in it so far!!

Also, got this regen through my side as the start of the 2015/16 season, and now in October 2016 here is what he looks like;

christianokorooctober20.png

Hope I can get his mentals up a little a bit, he'll be awesome if I manage it.

hey guys. Im managing Inter and I just wanna know how good do you rate Lukaku? I can buy him for 35€mil in jan 2014. how good does he turn out? any screenshots?

He's unreal, simple as. I dont even think screen shots of him are required, just sign him up.

hey guys. Im managing Inter and I just wanna know how good do you rate Lukaku? I can buy him for 35€mil in jan 2014. how good does he turn out? any screenshots?

Basically what tomtuck said, he's superb, definitely sign him if you can.

Season 2019/20 Preview

Transfers

In:

Gradilenko - £9m

Boccia - £5m

Assorted youngsters

Total: £24m

Gradilenko is basically my Ivanovic, dependable but not outstanding, not on huge wages, and (as I'm retraining him to play DL as well) he'll be able to provide good cover across the back. Boccia has got very good potential, and will compete with Gentle for the starting place at MCL in future years, but for now is providing backup to Said at MCR

Out:

Ramires - £22m - Real Madrid

David Luiz - £11m - Roma

Juan Mata - £26m - Real Madrid

Laid Derbal - £6.5m - Nottingham Forrest

Assorted backup youngsters

Total: £77m

Ramires, Luiz and Mata came up against the two big problems I always face at some point, age and wage. They were on big money and they were no longer guranteed starters, even though Ramires was our captain. I was delighted with the cash I got for them, especially Mata, I turned down that sum last year but they came back again, and as his attributes had started to decline, I felt it was just time to sell.

My Team:

GK: Taramasco, Cardenaels, Molefe

DR: Achternerg, Leleco

DCR: Ayala, Chalobah

DCL: Al-Shemmari, Gradilenko

DL: Vampeta, Ramsey

DM: Holzhauser, Lano, Richter

MCR: Said, Boccia

MCL: McEachran, Gentle

AMC: Rafael, Moseley

STCR: Lukaku, Comberton

STCL: Neymar, Dobbs, Vincent

Lukaku has taken over as captain, while Reda Said takes the vice captaincy. I'm pleased with the balance, Richter and Vincent have been int he U18's and out on loan the past couple of seasons, but I think they're ready for the first team fold now.

Over the summer I coached Brazil to the Copa America, and as you can see in the screenshots, I've just take then, erm, Fiji national team job. Figured I'd try and win the pacific games with them, but sadly we fell at the semi-final stage to Wallis and Futuna (no, me neither), who went on to win it. It was frustrating, but it was something different i guess. I'll let you guys know if I pick up any other national team jobs. I doubt I'll do monthly updates as I just don't have the time, I'll try and do a mid-season report and an end of season report for you all. Hope your saves are going well, let me know if any of my links weren't quite right, and thanks for reading!

im finding it really hard to separate real life from fm at the moment as the likes of cole lampard malouda drogba and torres are really irritating me in rl if i was to dump them any suggestions on the replacements based on the real life squad losing those 5

I had the same problem Silver, so I just fast-forwarded two years then offloaded them as AVB hadn't. In my first summer I sold Cech, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Kalou, Malouda, Drogba and Torres.

My replacements:

Cech - Courtois.

Terry and Cole - Yaroslav Rakitskyi, combined with the promotion of Bruma and Bertrand to a bigger role. Really good natural centre back, but I prefer him at left back ahead of Bertrand.

Mikel, Meireles and Lampard - There's no defensive midfielder in my team, so Mikel could go, with RM and Lamps being replaced by the promotion of McEachran (looks great) and Jacob Mellis (looks decent).

Kalou and Malouda - AVB had already covered this area of the team, signing Milos Krasic, Mathias Schelotto and Douglas Costa. Combined with Mata, Kakuta, De Bruyne and Sturridge my attacking midfield was sorted.

Drogba and Torres - AVB had signed Salomon Rondon for a very reasonable fee and he looks great, so he became my number 9, and Romelu Lukaku also looks good, and Sturridge can cover here.

So really happy with how the team is looking, much more promising than the current squad anyway, though there's a couple of players I want to shift in the next couple of years.

GK: Courtois, Delac

RB: Ivanovic, Anyukov

LB: Rakitskyi, Bertrand

CB: David Luiz, Cahill, Bruma

CM: Ramires, McEachran, Mellis, Romeu

RW: Krasic, Schelotto, De Bruyne

LW: Mata, Douglas Costa, Kakuta, Sturridge

ST: Rondon, Lukaku

i wouldn't have got rid of terry cole or lampard, imo there are still excellent for me 2 seasons in. although if you wanted to cut wage bill it would be understandable

Anyways just finished my second season as Chelsea Here is my brief review of how things went:

Charity Shield : Runners Up to Man Utd 1-0

Premier League : 3rd Place

Champ league : Winners beating Utd in final

League Cup: Winners beating Bolton in Final

FA Cup: Winners over Man City

I was quite happy with the way the season went, with winning 3 cups, finally giving Roman his main prize of CL, winning the trwo domestic cups as well was a bonus, with my 2nd team winning the league cup, however not winning the league and general being lucky to finish 3rd left sour taste in my mouth, but theres always next year.

Previous 12 months main Transfers where bringing in Neymar, Gotze, hamsik and letting go of ivanavic and drogba. Also bought some excellent hot prospects but thinking that need to calm down in buying up all the top young talent as it is costing me a fortune,ha. i will try and post some screenshots of the top ones in next few days to let everyone see.

Future transfers that i will looking to bring in are cover for defence and maybe one big name signing, Hazard has become very unhappy and wants to move to bigger club so who knows.

Goals for next season will be to win the league at all costs, Fergie has retired so utd may suffer because of that which will give me opportunity to win. I have the team that should win the league jsut need to get tactics and player instructions correct, but with midfield of lamps, goetze, mata, ramires, josh mce and strike force of torres, lukaku and neymar (with niang as cover). Sturridge failed to improve upon last season means i may look to sell him if the right offer comes in.

Thanks for reading.

i wouldn't have got rid of terry cole or lampard, imo there are still excellent for me 2 seasons in. although if you wanted to cut wage bill it would be understandable

Yeah it was partly because of wages - my highest earner is now only on 65k a week, but it was mostly because of the team in real life is annoying me with their on and off pitch behaviour.

Congrats on the cup triple!

Just finished my 1st season at Chelsea, based on using the WM tactic. Won the league 3 points ahead of Man U, beat Stoke in league cup final. FA cup Man U beat me in final and they also knocked me out of champ league after a thrashing at old trafford.

A lot of the bid wages went in pre season, drogba, anelka etc. So currently reshaping team, main players in Tevez, Fellaini, Gaston Ramirez, Sanogo and Bertolacci. plus a few youth players. Still a couple of people i am trying to shift but getting there.

Just finished the 2020/2021 season. Finished the league undefeated and won the title for the third year in a row. Finished with an incredible goal difference of +99! I've been scoring so many goals in the last few seasons, but this was the year that I worked on my defence and aim to go undefeated. I managed to, and only conceded 12 goals, scoring 111 and finishing with 102 points. Also lost 1-0 to Barcelona in the Champions League Final, my third final in a row, and unfortunately my second defeat in a row.

Here's a few decent results I achieved this season:

Chelsea 9 - 0 Sparta Prague (Champions League Group Stage)

Man City 0 - 3 Chelsea (Premier League)

Chelsea 5 - 1 Man United (Premier League)

Liverpool 1 - 6 Chelsea (Premier League)

Chelsea 10 - 0 Preston (Premier League)

Chelsea 4 - 0 Tottenham (Premier League)

Chelsea 8 - 0 Reading (Premier League)

Real Madrid 0 - 1 Chelsea (Champions League 1st Knockout Leg 1)

Chelsea 4 - 0 Real Madrid (Champions League 1st Knockout Leg 1)

Man City 0 - 2 Chelsea (Champions League Qtr Final Leg 1)

Chelsea 4 - 0 Man City (Champions League Qtr Final Leg 2)

Chelsea 7 - 0 AC Milan (Champions League Semi Final Leg 1)

I got a lot of great results, but only won the Carling Cup and League, lost out in the final of the Champions League and 6th round of the FA.

On a positive note my regen Aitor Leon won basically every award for himself, including the World Player of the Year for the 2nd successive season. He finished the season with an incredible 62 goals in 51 games in all competitions. He finished with 45 goals in 33 League games. He really is something special, having got 145 league goals in just four seasons. I can post screenshots if anyone would like to see his stats/history.

Oh and I was offered the Spain job at the start of the season which I took, so I am now aiming to win the Euros when it comes round. I have my own Aitor Leon so I shouldn't have any problems though!

Started a Chelsea game today. My transfer activity was:

In:

van der Wiel - £12mil from Ajax

Vrsaljko - £1.5mil from Dinamo

Out:

C. Clifford - £500k to Peterborough

Lalkovic - £1.5mil to Atletico Madrid

Anelka - £4.8mil + clauses to Sevilla

Mellis - £1mil to Norwich

Ferreira - £1mil to Newcastle

Bosingwa - £5mil to Inter

Tried to sell Kalou too but got no offers.

First game of the season went down 2-0 at Old Trafford but bounced back to win 6-0 away at Norwich (Torres hat-trick) followed by 2-0 win at home to Wolves. Got Zenit, Olympiakos and Dortmund in the Champions League group stages so quite lucky.

Just finished the 2020/2021 season. Finished the league undefeated and won the title for the third year in a row. Finished with an incredible goal difference of +99! I've been scoring so many goals in the last few seasons, but this was the year that I worked on my defence and aim to go undefeated. I managed to, and only conceded 12 goals, scoring 111 and finishing with 102 points. Also lost 1-0 to Barcelona in the Champions League Final, my third final in a row, and unfortunately my second defeat in a row.

Here's a few decent results I achieved this season:

Chelsea 9 - 0 Sparta Prague (Champions League Group Stage)

Man City 0 - 3 Chelsea (Premier League)

Chelsea 5 - 1 Man United (Premier League)

Liverpool 1 - 6 Chelsea (Premier League)

Chelsea 10 - 0 Preston (Premier League)

Chelsea 4 - 0 Tottenham (Premier League)

Chelsea 8 - 0 Reading (Premier League)

Real Madrid 0 - 1 Chelsea (Champions League 1st Knockout Leg 1)

Chelsea 4 - 0 Real Madrid (Champions League 1st Knockout Leg 1)

Man City 0 - 2 Chelsea (Champions League Qtr Final Leg 1)

Chelsea 4 - 0 Man City (Champions League Qtr Final Leg 2)

Chelsea 7 - 0 AC Milan (Champions League Semi Final Leg 1)

I got a lot of great results, but only won the Carling Cup and League, lost out in the final of the Champions League and 6th round of the FA.

On a positive note my regen Aitor Leon won basically every award for himself, including the World Player of the Year for the 2nd successive season. He finished the season with an incredible 62 goals in 51 games in all competitions. He finished with 45 goals in 33 League games. He really is something special, having got 145 league goals in just four seasons. I can post screenshots if anyone would like to see his stats/history.

Oh and I was offered the Spain job at the start of the season which I took, so I am now aiming to win the Euros when it comes round. I have my own Aitor Leon so I shouldn't have any problems though!

Hey some fanastic results and well done going the league undefeated! What tactics do you use?

Also some screenshots of Aitor Leon would be great to see

Mellis is a good player for me in the third season, £1 million not enough for him!

Ooh that's a shame. He didn't look up to much so when Norwich came around I was happy with that price, maybe I'll regret it down the line when he comes back to haunt me!

My Champions League group didn't start well, in fact it started horrendously, going down 4-1 away to Olympiakos. I underestimated them, but the team I put out still should have done better.

Took over Chelsea nearly mid-season when they were mid-table. First season with them is nearly over and I'm in 4th, so things are going pretty good. Mostly took over at Chelsea because they had this newgen:

NsPTB.png

Sorry that it isn't in English, forgot to change it before I took and uploaded the screen :p

Archived