FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

Hi NRH in one of my really old Chelsea saves i managed to get Wilshere as he was transfer listed by Arsenal. However i doubt you would be able to sign any of the above and would advise you to look at other targets.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry i know its the wrong place but come on the chels cl final here we come and torres that was a £50m goal well done. sorry again for posting here had to be done

If you know it is the wrong place, then why post here? A bit weird.

I have chose that my first save on FM12 will be Chelsea.

Basically, I love David Luiz, Ramires and Mata... so thought I'd give an easy game a go first with Chelsea, before I attempt to rescue my beloved Portsmouth.

already done that lol this is my first window for transfers (as i started in feb2012) this i what i did

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3803/chelseatransfershistoryx.png

i play mainly with 4-2-3-1 with wingers my backup dformations are 4-5-1 and 4-1-2-1-2

Squad based on 4-2-3-1

gk- cech,courtois,hilario

rb- isla,ivanovic

cb- luiz,terry,cahill,ivanovic

lb-cole,bertrand

cm-lampard,ramires,mikel,meireles,romeu

rw-lucas moura,kakuta

lw-marin,de bruyne

am-mata,benayoun

st-torres,wolfswinkel,lukaku,sturridge

so initially was going for willian but he chose psg cos they paid ott in wage

I'm now on my 4th season with Chelsea. Already won everything except for the Champions League, which wanna win this season but things are getting pretty hard.

I think I have a good bunch of players but results aren't going that well...I've also been tinkering my tactics but not with much success.

This is my team:

formationow.th.png

And this is my team report:

chelseateamreportteamco.th.png

One of the problems I've identified is the lack of a truly a defensive player on my midfield. I've been playing with Hamsik as a box-to-box and Badelj as DLP but they're both too offensive.

So I'm sorting that out already signing trying to sign Javi Martinez/M'villa.

Other than that, any tips on how to assemble this 4-2-3-1? Should I use André and Oscar as wingers so the center of the pitch isn't crowded?

I'm also having some problems getting Ganso to perform properly.

Any tips are appreciated, cheers!

I have chose that my first save on FM12 will be Chelsea.

Basically, I love David Luiz, Ramires and Mata... so thought I'd give an easy game a go first with Chelsea, before I attempt to rescue my beloved Portsmouth.

I got sacked :(

I am rusty.

Josh McEachran occupies a leading role in team? In began my game at it there were 4 stars of potential but at the end of a season became 2 therefore I sold it.

To those who bought a question Neymar, on what position he best of all plays at you? at what role?

This thread doesn't seem very active these days. Who's still playing as Chelsea and how's it going?

I recently started a new save, I am just coming up to the end of the first season. I'll give an update once the season is over!

Cheers

Im playin as Chels started a new save the other day. Its been really frustrating, were just not consistent enough. Were 2nd in the Prem a point behind Spurs and through to the CL 1st knockout round where ill play Leverkusen, got knocked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round and even more annoyingly and disappointingly i was jus knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round by Cardiff :@

I can never get Drogba to perform either, it does my nut!

1st Season Review

Transfers (I also have Carlos Fierro coming in soon)

screenshot20120511at104.png

I would have hoped to score a few more goals, however I had been tinkering with possession based tactics which as a result don't score many goals. Can't really complain though, set a new record for most premier league points :thup:

League Cup

Couldn't believe I lost the final to Blackburn, however I fielded reserves and youth throughout so I'm not too bothered about it.

F.A Cup

A disapointing performance in this competition. Something I hope to win next season

Champions League

Delighted with the Champions league victory as I didn't expect it at all. I think it will be very difficult to defend the title next year. If anyones interested, heres the Champions League final against Barcelona where I managed to outplay them with 60% possession :D

I would like to share with you my history. If it is interesting to you :)

Now I have 2014. I will tell about all seasons.

Transfers:

2011\2012

http://www.imagebam.com/image/12f666190085379

2012\2013

http://www.imagebam.com/image/61ced1190085386

2013\2014

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ece589190085392

2014\2015

http://www.imagebam.com/image/61145f190085399

Squad of the year:

2011\2012

http://www.imagebam.com/image/e9ca38189454305

2012\2013

http://www.imagebam.com/image/2d0794189454311

2013\2014

http://www.imagebam.com/image/558095189454316

Matchs:

I will make screenshots of the most interesting pieces of a season

2011\2012

http://www.imagebam.com/image/e64fdc189455241

2012\2013

http://www.imagebam.com/image/8b7ec4189455245

2013\2014

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1b1049189455248

About seasons:

In the first season players didn't trust me. Many couldn't play under my management (the assistant so reported). In particular David Luiz was dissatisfied, I thought it to sell as it didn't show good game as well as Terry. For this reason you learn then that in defense at me play Chalobah and Bruma.

The best season - 2013\2014. I created absolutely remarkable tactics for me. About it a bit later.

Tactics yielded fine results. We won a EPL, FA Cup and the Champions League. Juan Mata became the best goal-scorer of the Champions League scored 17 good goals.

Road to a treasured trophy:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/be5f43189456311

Tactics::

I was inspired by game of my favourite club under the direction of Roberto Di Matteo and decided to create similar in game

And so, the scheme 4-2-3-1 (deep!) Important what your two delayed pleymeyker were deeply. They create additional density in defense (thanks for Robbie Di Matteo's this idea). Before I played from two CM's and had no positive results.

Instructions:

Balanced

Standart or Attacking (Depending on the situation).

More direct pass

Creative freedom - default (but you are obliged to give the creative player more freedom. It concerns the AMC and one of a deep pleymeyker).

Press more

Crossing - default

Roaming - default

My best squad + roles of players.

___________________________________F.Torres____________________

Neymar (IF-attack)___Eden Hazard or J.Mata (Att.Mid-attack)___D.Sturridge or Muniain (Winger-support)

________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________Lampard or Ramires (DLP-support)________Mikel (Anchor)

A.Cole (LB-support)__________J.Terry(CD)____David Luiz(СD)_____________Chalobah (RB-support)

This tactics doesn't mean 80 % of possession of a ball as Barcelona. But if you have players with good attribute a pass and cross-country that of 55-60 % for you is provided. I don't love are short a pass as it is boring and it is not beautiful.

For me, remains a mystery how to use Neymar.

New season:

New season:

I am very upset that the team doesn't show that football which was in 2013\2014. Probably rivals found a key to my tactics. I don't know as it to solve.

Mad result against Manchester

http://www.imagebam.com/image/f909eb189457705

I will continue to publish updating. If you have questions or comments I welcome:)

Im in 2018 in my save.... Not many of the old guard left now lol Mainly regens in my squad now who ill post later....Just got Courtois, David Luiz and Lukaku But over the years ive aquired Neymar ,Lucas Moura ,Gotze ,Alex Sandro ,Kyriakos Papdopoulous ,Barkley and Canales been pretty dominant for a while now and now pushing on with being properly self sustainable (Cutting out big wagers) Moura and Neymar are proberbly next to be shown the door tho i think.... Neither play a important part now with regens being awesome at AML and AMR and Gotze being more versatile than Moura out wide.

Im playin as Chels started a new save the other day. Its been really frustrating, were just not consistent enough. Were 2nd in the Prem a point behind Spurs and through to the CL 1st knockout round where ill play Leverkusen, got knocked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round and even more annoyingly and disappointingly i was jus knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round by Cardiff :@

I can never get Drogba to perform either, it does my nut!

Drogba was pretty useless for me too.... Infact i didnt reknew his contract after season 1 he was effectively 4th in line to start with Torres ,Lukaku and Neymar ahead of him (Who i tended to play out wide more) Torres is amazing tho if you can play him right which i generally found when you play Mata AMC Treq and Torres poacher.

Yes, @joe__the__man is right. I created schedules for Lukaka to increase his dribbling. He has two years to develop.

I don't know what to do with Fernando Torres. I play one forward and it is to Lukaku. At Torres a little game time. To sell or leave on a bench?

Yes, @joe__the__man is right. I created schedules for Lukaka to increase his dribbling. He has two years to develop.

I don't know what to do with Fernando Torres. I play one forward and it is to Lukaku. At Torres a little game time. To sell or leave on a bench?

He was my main striker when i had him....Lukaku was always 2nd choice but rotate them.. You need more than 1 amazing striker nowedays if your to win everything i have 4 now and all get played in my 4-2-3-1.

He was my main striker when i had him....Lukaku was always 2nd choice but rotate them.. You need more than 1 amazing striker nowedays if your to win everything i have 4 now and all get played in my 4-2-3-1.

I always played with one forward in team. When I replace one striker to another one of them loses its form. and when a player plays 50 games per season he is in brilliant form.

I think that selling Torres and buy young talent. By the way, I'm disappointed in Eden Hazard. In this saves he played a fantastic season but was defeated after the injury, he has not played for 6 months

I never touch Hazard....too obvious to become a good player.... Now im in 2019 and ive barely any real players lol 7 outta 30 infact.... Toni Kroos ,Kyriakos Papadopoulous ,Alex Sandro (Porto LB) ,Mario Gotze ,Romeu Lukaku ,Ross Barkley and Sime Vrasiljiko. Rest are all regens lol Barkley and Vrasiljiko never really play now and Papa is stilll my captain marvel lol pretty much dominating the league although ive missed out narrowly on the last 2 Champions Leagues losing to a weak Real Madrid team last season (Had to play with 2 18 yr old CB's both legs and they gave penalties away 3 infact) But oh well this season ill regroup and aim to tank it.... My youths are a year older and more mature so i think things are looking up... Sold Neymar and Lucas Moura in summer because of wages and i have kids who can come in now. Pretty much transformed chelsea into arsenal tbh...but winning things lol

After 2 years at Rangers (winning 2 trebles) I got offered the job at Chelsea 10 matches in to season 3. They were bottom of the league. Mixed results up to January but managed to sign Pastore and Carroll in January for £10 Million combined. After winning 18 of may last 20 in all competitions I won the FA Cup, Europa League and finished 5th (1 point of 4th). All in all a good season. Interested how this will go.

Started a Chelsea save the other day and so far has been superb.

So far in the league I have played 6, won 6. Scoring 23 and only leaking 1 goal.

Won both CL games so far as well scoring 11 and conceding 2.

Only poor game so far was against Blackburn in the league cup where we got beat 3-2 AET.

I have splashed the cash in this save bringing in Srna, Lavezzi and Hamsik.

Torres has been amazing so far scoring 16 in 9 games.

ok so season one is a mixed bag really used the first team that starts the game.

PREM:-finished 3rd that in itself is ok really what has disappointed me is the points gap between me and top 2. 2nd man u (11 ahead of me) 1st man city (14 ahead of me) not what i expected.

LEAGUE CUP:-used only my youth in this but still very disappointed to go out in 3rd round losing 2-0 to fulham of all people

FA CUP:- thought this was something i could win but again very disappointed with this 5th round defeat using mainly youth in this match but a sprinkle of experience def a team capable of winning the game but we got smashed 5-0 against norwich.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:- well this was amazing won it 1-0 in the final against real madrid very impressed with this as i seemed to have a bad draw in each round having tough teams all the way through.

Overall this season was to access the players and see who i wanted in/out as well as deveolope the youth system

SIGNINGS:- ok like i said used the first team which we start with but with the youth team i made some changes

chelseatransfershistory.png

season two

with a disappointing first season domestically i had to make changes the hardest part was to get rid of drogba and malouda as the was great for me in season 1 but age was their down fall so i this is the transfer activity

chelseatransfershistory.png

which leaves the first team like this

chelseasquadplayers.png

Been away for quite a while, but recent transfer news has convinced me to start a new game. So, I'm using Nik33's updates (with Hazard also joining in July 2012, who needs official confirmation right?), I'm holidaying through the first season, and then I'll add myself at Chelsea and see what I can do with the team as it currently is. I'll let you guys know how I get on!

i already wins a lot of trophies

but how to reduce wages if i make a new contract with any player he will refuse Because he will reduce his wage

ask older fringe players to reduce wages by a few grand .. maybe a few 10grand.... get rid of unneeded players... and reduce the size of your squad and staff on high wages...

Well, having holidayed through I've actually had to take over for the last few games of the 2011/12 season, just to ensure we finish 4th. We're currently 4th, but only 1 point above Newcastle (fairly realistic really) with 3 games to go, but we're on a terribly losing streak and moral is awful. 3 games to go, just need to hang on, then I'll get to the new season.

Edit: Also in the midst of an injury crises, with Hutchinson only fit RB and Terry and Luiz out

Been away for quite a while, but recent transfer news has convinced me to start a new game. So, I'm using Nik33's updates (with Hazard also joining in July 2012, who needs official confirmation right?), I'm holidaying through the first season, and then I'll add myself at Chelsea and see what I can do with the team as it currently is. I'll let you guys know how I get on!

would hulk be in that squad then lol

plus where did you get his pack from?

How is everyone setting up their Chelsea teams, I'm currently in my 3rd season and won the title every season but my defending is shocking, Terry looks like such an average defender, I concede really sloppy goals. In my previous season I scored 114 goals but conceded 45. I play balanced attacking mentality (I've tried standard setup too before you ask). Just need some advice on how to set up without conceding too many goals.

would hulk be in that squad then lol

plus where did you get his pack from?

Considering adding Hulk now, or buying him in the game, though it depends on what I hear in the next couple of days as I'm away this weekend so I've got time. Hazard seems more certain to me after his twitter confirmation, so I'll wait and see on Hulk.

The pack is in the Editor's Hideaway, I just did the Hazard transfer myself in editor.

Archived