FM 2011: What Team Should I Be?

Guest roberto922

Club: Napoli

Division: Serie A (Italy)

Transfer Budget: 7.5mil

Board Expectation: Euro Cup

Key Players: Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani, Cannavaro

Pros: Good first team, decent amount of money to make key signings, fantastic quality in the above players.

Cons: By the end of a successful first season I had to convince Hamsik, Lavezzi, Dessena, Zuniga and several others of staying and making Napoli a bigger team, despite winning the Serie A and the domestic cup.

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): Hard to say, if you get the right formation then it'll be a walk in the park. However if you like to make the team your own and lots of signings it'll be much harder. It could range between a 3-7, getting harder once everyone and their Aunt is trying to sign all of your players.

Additional Information: I tend to not play that many seasons with a team and get bored quickly, however well in to the second season and I just want to play more. I'm making Napoli the dominant force in Italy and Europe, attempting to make a heavily Italian squad with the flair of some foreign players. A great team to start with, and with a couple key signings you'll be battering the likes of AC Milan around. (In my first season I beat them 4-0 at home).

This is my first time playing as Napoli in any FM, I tend to play as Roma and AC Milan from Italy, but I felt like a harder challenge. I saw Napoli suggested in here to someone else and just decided to go for it.

I'm sorry this has been suggested this but the level of enjoyment I'm getting from it I just had to suggest this fantastic team to others.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to start a new game...............but am not sure what team to choose.

Here's my criteria:

A club in europe with good league rep.

Good training facilities and excellent youth facilities.

A club with lots of young talent ie lots of -9 and -8 players.

Teams position should be within top 10.

Club rep of over 7500

Decent first team squad.

Minimum transfer budget of about 15 million pounds

Give me 3-4 options if possible.

Thanks in advance

I found A. Madrid to be an ideal choice. Budget can be extended to 32 million.

Excellent youth facilities.

Anyway thanks to all for trying. :D

Club: Barrow AFC

Division: Blue Square Bet Premier

Transfer Budget: Depends on what you want to do.

Board Expectation: To Finish at least Mid Table

Key Players: Alan Martin.

Pros: Lots of Potential if you can play the loan/free signings markets

Cons: Old Squad, Star player is only on loan, Poor squad intinally.

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 8

Additional Information: Holds the record of having the fastest ever goal scored in the world at 4 seconds.

Looking for a bottom half of the table Championship team with a decent stadium and decent finances to build up?

They don't have the stadium but they have a decent starting transfer budget and that is Scunthorpe United. Here is the thread. There are also other teams in the Championship that could take your fancy and looking in this thread here may help you :thup:.

Guys I need some help.

So, I'm doing a journeyman save and I'm currently unemployed following spells with F.C.A.K in South Africa and Carlisle in League One. I've been offered the Millwall job who are in League One, and the Trellerborgs FF job who are in Swedish Premier Division. Can't decide where to go.:confused:

Guys I need some help.

So, I'm doing a journeyman save and I'm currently unemployed following spells with F.C.A.K in South Africa and Carlisle in League One. I've been offered the Millwall job who are in League One, and the Trellerborgs FF job who are in Swedish Premier Division. Can't decide where to go.:confused:

Millwall :thup:.

Was wondering if anyone could help me choose a team.

Would prefer it if the team was in England or the uk. With a poor youth system and poor finances.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Not a poor system or finances but a good set up :D. Why not Nottingham Forest. Take them back to European Glory :thup:.

Unfortunately notl, more of a United fan. Just think Forest are too big of a club. Any other ideas? :)

Scunthorpe United maybe? Not the best facilities and predicted to go down. You do get £500k transfer budget and £10k extra for wages to start off with. However, you most probably won't get £500k every season. Here is the Scunthorpe United Team Guide. On the otherhand you have the General Championship Team Guide Thread which has a low down on all teams and there maybe one or two other teams that take your fancy.

Hey. I'm looking for a club in Scandinavia that it will take atleast 3 years to be a dominant force in the league. It must also be a team i can build up to be a dominant force in the league and then start challenge for european cups. I don't care if i have to start lower down in the divisions, but the team must have a decent economy so i can buy some players.

Club: Wigan Athletic

Division: Premier league

Transfer Budget: around 3m

Board Expectation: avoid relegation

Key Players: n'zogbia, rodallega, boselli, figueroa.

youth prospects: victor moses, james mccarthy

Pros: needs a compete revamp from top to bottom, so lots to do. can upgrade facilities right away and good youth prospects

Cons: all best players ask to leave, small attendences, low reputation

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 8

Additional Information: during first season, always make a profit each month so start getting more money to spend

Club: Hibernian

Division: Scottish Premier League

Transfer Budget: Zero, 2K Pounds under wage budget

Board Expectation: Qualify for Europe

Key Players: Riordan, Bamba, Zemmamma

Youth prospects: David Wotherspoon

Pros: Team which produces a lot of good homegrown talent (Riordan, O'Connor, Whittaker, Scott Brown, Fletcher). Its an exciting challenge. First dominate SPL which is usually a 2 horse race between Rangers and Celtic and then challenge for Europe

Cons: No money, and unlike previous editions not a lot of talented players to start with. And even if you manage to get young talent, be rest assured you will be raided by big name clubs

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): For SPL difficulty level is 6. With the players you start with its difficult to finish more than 3rd or 4th. However after you sign a few players (Free Signings, you never get the transfer budget) you can start beating the likes of Rangers and Celtic. Within 2-3 seasons you can dominate SPL if you hang on to your core players. Europe is a tougher challenge-a definite 9 or 10. At best i did semi finals in Europa, and Quarter Finals in Champions League. Anything above that requires something extraordinary

I just do not know why I cannot stick at a game on FM. I just want a team who will be a real challenge to be honest. Either a championship or league 1 team, and consolidate first season and go up second season. Or a league 2 team, and go up first season, and carry on from there. But I just never know who to be :( Hate this!!!

ITFC 1

I just do not know why I cannot stick at a game on FM. I just want a team who will be a real challenge to be honest. Either a championship or league 1 team, and consolidate first season and go up second season. Or a league 2 team, and go up first season, and carry on from there. But I just never know who to be :( Hate this!!!

ITFC 1

Sounds to me like you need a totally different experience so I recommend to you the Americas.

Firstly Brazil.

Teams rich in history and with the regional championships to contend with an extremely long season. As with all my recommendations this is an even(ish) league full of talent for you to discover. Most teams can beat each other on their day and you have debts and keeping hold of your best players to contend with as well with European teams always eager to snap the next Ronaldinho, Pato ect; up.

There isn't a lot of money here at the start but as Brazilian clubs will always be in the shake up come the quarter/semis of the Copa Libertadores the dynamic rep helps not only you but other clubs improve with increased income a few seasons down the line. In games gone by winning 2 or 3 titles would probably push a club miles ahead financially because they'd get bigger sponsorships than the others, but now everyone will have a slice of the cherry if the clubs do well on the continent.

Next we go to Argentina, again the top 10 clubs could easily win the league. As with Brazil debt is plentiful here and money is scarce to start off with.

You shouldn't automatically expect Boca and River to dominate as proved in a season test I had of the league with Velez. Boca were simply dreadful in both the Apertura and Clausura. River were average at best and I only won the Apertura by a few points on the final day. Winning that meant I had the Copa Libertadores to deal with during the Clausura and I finished 6th there as there simply wasn't a strong enough squad to handle the two. This means that before you can even think about running away with the league you need a really good squad and as with in Brazil if teams are doing well in the Copa Libertadores then they are also improving too.

Now there's Mexico, as far as I can make out there isn't much debt at all here. Again clubs are evenly matched until about 10-12th place and all have a decent (and not much different from what I can tell) transfer and wage budget.

The season is again split between the Apertura and Clausura, the best 8 teams the go through to the La Liguilla which is a two legged knockout system. Whilst there mightn't be the wonderkids quite of the level of Argentina and Brazil to start with there is still a vast array of potentially very good ones, which on reflection is good for a game where you want some longevity as quite a few clubs in Mexico have very good to class youth facilities so there will always be talent coming through across the board.

I'm not really clued up on any of the other leagues bar Uruguay. The top flight is dominated by teams from Montevideo. Penarol and Nacional are the standout clubs, then there's a slight gap with the likes of Defensor Sporting, River Plate and Danubio. Money is tight for most clubs and there isn't that many potential stars and not many clubs with good facilities, even taking a club predicted 7th or 8th could take a while to even begin to challenge for a title.

If you do go for any of these leagues one thing I can say for all is that it is totally different from the European game. You have no chance of European players coming to you (why would you want to go against what clubs from the Americas do anyway?:D) so the key to it is good scouting and tactics rather than going for a Lukaku or other well known wonderkids.

Another beauty about the Americas is at the most you need no more than Mexico, USA, Brazil, Argentina loaded (plus the nation you are managing if outside of those but no more as the price of players goes up dramatically if the others are playable ) + players from top clubs in North and South America. Europeans aren't going to come to you like I said so why bother loading those leagues/players when you can have just as an enjoyable (and quicker) game? :cool:

If this doesn't inspire you I at least hope it inspires some others as i've wasted ages getting this right to try and convince you :D

Right guys and gals, I'm getting on a bit with my "low end" save (Darlington) and am looking to start my "high end save".

Stuck between PSG and Fiorentina, really like both these clubs and are my adopted teams for their respective leagues, only problem is I can't decide who to go this year! Any ideas? Would be open to some other clubs too.

@duffy89

Montpellier Herault SC.

Bit of a challenge but you got great young players. Belhanda,Ait Fana,Stambouli,Bocaly,El Kaoutari.Giroud,Koita. No money really to buy anybody but i finished 4th in the first season. Got 20 million to spend now in 2nd season

They play in the Euro cup also. Great and fun team to manage.

Montpellier may just be what I'm looking for actually, was leaning towards Ligue 1 and they look like a good team to manage. Definitely some talent there! I'm going to check them out when I get home tonight, thanks for the recommendation 75757 :thup:

How is it managing them? Is it fun? As a long term challenge? Difficulty? Strategies?

I think it's more challenging than in previous years, certainly can/should be fun and a challenge. Although they still have Moussa. Players like Tabanou, Machado and Cetto give you a decent squad if lacking in real quality. Another huge bonus is they have an excellent youngster on loan from Lyon, I think he's called, er, Tafer? ;) (So bias, I know).

Not exactly sure on finances but I don't think you'll have loads, not at the start.

What is it liek playing in the Brazillian leagues? Was thinkin about starting a game with a second division club that were doomed for relegation and tryng to build on that, would yous recommend that or have you found the brazillian league to be boring ?

ALSO, wanting to start a new game, but i want a game that will help me learn and be good at this game but not bored! What would you recommend? A team like sporting lisbon ? or liek i said above? a crappy team that i can improve ?

Just got really bored of my Spurs save (6 trophies in 4 seasons and just started to feel a bit boring), so tried taking over a League 2 side in season 5 (York City) but couldn't get on with it. I'm thinking of starting again and quite fancy the idea of starting with a big club that's fallen on hard times... Any suggestions of what be most fun from Forest, Leeds or Norwich?

Just got really bored of my Spurs save (6 trophies in 4 seasons and just started to feel a bit boring), so tried taking over a League 2 side in season 5 (York City) but couldn't get on with it. I'm thinking of starting again and quite fancy the idea of starting with a big club that's fallen on hard times... Any suggestions of what be most fun from Forest, Leeds or Norwich?

Nottingham Forest :D. Good all round squad with two to five signings and you're ready to challenge for promotion or the title :thup:. The Nottingham Forest Team Guide :thup:.

Archived