FM 2011: What Team Should I Be?

Guest roberto922

Hi I'm looking for a new club to manage, starting to lose interest in this game any teams that can keep me going like fallen giants. i:e Norwich, Coventry, Leeds, Oxford United and other teams which are in the same category, Any suggestions please and thank you. :)

Nottingham Forest :D. They are a fallen giant. Try to take them back to European Glory :thup:. The Nottingham Forest Team Guide.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi I'm looking for a new club to manage, starting to lose interest in this game any teams that can keep me going like fallen giants. i:e Norwich, Coventry, Leeds, Oxford United and other teams which are in the same category, Any suggestions please and thank you. :)

In England: Nott Forest and the ones you mentioned. Maybe one of the "phoenix" clubs such as AFC Wimbledon

Belgium: Try Union Saint-Gilloise. They have more championships than Standard Liege, but are today in the Third Division.

Spain: There are a number of Basque clubs you could play- the two in the top division are still good, but Real Sociedad have just been promoted back while Athletic Bilbao have never been relegated, but have been relatively unsuccessful since the 80s. Deportivo Alaves and Real Union were founding members of La Liga, but are now in the third divsion (Alaves were in La Liga as recently as 2005-06, and are a popular club in their region).

Italy: Torino and Pro Vercelli

There are TONS of clubs who have fallen from grace in Eastern Europe, among them MFK Petržalka (Slovakia), Vác FC (Hungary), Torpedo Moscow (Russia), FC Chornomorets Odesa (Ukraine), Warta Poznan, and LSK Lodz (both in Poland).

Right, i want to start a new game with the following criteria.

I want them to have a fairly decent budget, or at least have a number of players that i can sell them on to raise funds. I want to completely revamp the team and have a team of youngsters. Preferably not a top 4/5 club, but a side who are mid table ish. Ideally spain, italy or england.

I usually go real betis (even though they're not in top division anymore) but i'm bored of that now, also played as lille and bolton but can't really get into it.

'

Right, i want to start a new game with the following criteria.

I want them to have a fairly decent budget, or at least have a number of players that i can sell them on to raise funds. I want to completely revamp the team and have a team of youngsters. Preferably not a top 4/5 club, but a side who are mid table ish. Ideally spain, italy or england.

I usually go real betis (even though they're not in top division anymore) but i'm bored of that now, also played as lille and bolton but can't really get into it.

'

Italy: Genoa, Catania, Lazio, Parma

Spain: Getafe, Villarreal, Espanyol, Osasuna, and possibly Real Sociedad

England: Everton, Birmingham, Blackburn, Aston Villa, Sunderland, maybe Bolton

Haven't played most of these, but they seem to fit the requirements. Lazio is the only one I've played and they have a number of old players who can be sold, and some decent players who can be used to raise funds.

I am going to start a new game...............but am not sure what team to choose.

Here's my criteria:

A club in europe with good league rep.

Good training facilities and excellent youth facilities.

A club with lots of young talent ie lots of -9 and -8 players.

Teams position should be within top 10.

Club rep of over 7500

Decent first team squad.

Minimum transfer budget of about 15 million pounds

Give me 3-4 options if possible.

Thanks in advance

Afternoon guys,

Now 11.2 patch is out i've decided to start a game.

I fancy playing in the premiership but not one of the top four.

I'm after a team with areas to strengthen but also with a couple of players that are already very decent! I've considered doing Tottenham but I had a massive game with them on the last one and was after someone different.

Wouldn't mind a bit of money to spend either!!

Whats the situations at Newcastle and Sunderland? Do they have any money to spend?

Thanks!

If you would like a real challenge why not be Blackpool. They get £4m to spend if you say attempt to avoid relegation and there isn't a lot of pressure on you. With a few signings you could just about stay up. Anyway I will get the links to the three threads and the forum links thread and you can look at the teams :).

Forum Links Thread: In here you wil find all teams that have had guides created for them. You may see another team that takes your fancy :thup:.

Newcastle United Team Guide

Sunderland Team Guide

Blackpool Team Guide

Hope they help you mate :thup::).

Going to put in a very anti-Forest shout here despite the fact I'm not even a fan of the club I'm posting for, but loving the save right now, although it is on 11.1.1

Club: Derby County

Division: The Championship

Transfer Budget: 475k GBP/170k GBP wages for Top Half

Board Expectation: Mid-Table

Key Players: Kris Commons, Alberto Bueno, Shaun Barker

Pros: Some amazing players above, Bueno is one of the best strikers in the league in-game, good attendances

Cons: Not much money, board instability, you're in one of the most unpredictable leagues in the world

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): So far it's been about a 5-6 but I'm not in the Prem yet!

Additional Information: Brian Clough before his fling with Leeds took Derby to a European Cup semi-final. The club has dropped since the days of Clough however. Their last return to the Premier League, in the 2007-08 season, brought a measly return of 11 points with only 1 win, against Newcastle. Can you bring Premier League glory to the Rams?

Afternoon guys,

Now 11.2 patch is out i've decided to start a game.

I fancy playing in the premiership but not one of the top four.

I'm after a team with areas to strengthen but also with a couple of players that are already very decent! I've considered doing Tottenham but I had a massive game with them on the last one and was after someone different.

Wouldn't mind a bit of money to spend either!!

Whats the situations at Newcastle and Sunderland? Do they have any money to spend?

Thanks!

Sunderland start with no money but if you put all your spare wages into the transfer budget then ask for more wages you can juggled it around to get around £7 million. You can also ask the board to sign a player if they feel he is good enough they will sign him. Alternatively you can wait until January as towards the end of November you will get a raise budget of around £25 million. It is more than possible to get into Europe in the first season as Sunderland Gyan and Bent are lethal upfront.

I am not sure if I should go with Anderlecht or Standard, any ideas?

I used to have fun with Hibs in previous editions when they had exciting young players. With brave fighting football it would take me a season or two to be the top team in Scotland ahead of Rangers and Celtic and would always end up putting a great fight in CL although my best ever was quarter finals. Unfortunately this time around Hibs has a less than average side. Can you suggest any clubs-can be any league in Europe which could fit the description. Side with young talent capable of playing brave football (Not the top club in the country-maybe mid tablish). First challenge would be to dominate domestic football and eventually put up a brave show in CL.

I used to have fun with Hibs in previous editions when they had exciting young players. With brave fighting football it would take me a season or two to be the top team in Scotland ahead of Rangers and Celtic and would always end up putting a great fight in CL although my best ever was quarter finals. Unfortunately this time around Hibs has a less than average side. Can you suggest any clubs-can be any league in Europe which could fit the description. Side with young talent capable of playing brave football (Not the top club in the country-maybe mid tablish). First challenge would be to dominate domestic football and eventually put up a brave show in CL.

When you start a game with a team in England or Italy or Spain even if they are mid table, you can turn them into big teams within a few seasons and go far in CL. The same cannot be said when you are from a League like say the Scottish League. So prefer a team not from these three nations.

Looking for a team in the English Championship, not high expectations, bit of transfer money, and hopefully push for promotion in second season?

Thanks

ITFC 1

What about Scunthorpe United? £500k transfer budget and £10k extra wage budget. That is all for attempt to avoid relegation, I think. Good squad but maybe a few new strikers needed and few other players for the wide men. Have a look in here mate, the Scunthorpe United Team Guide :thup:.

well they monchengladbachfit into the criteria i was asking about so why not recommend them?

do you have any suggestions?

Leeds,Gladbach(also know as borussia monchengladbach) Saint Etienne all our good options.

Leeds,Gladbach(also know as borussia monchengladbach) Saint Etienne all our good options.

These are good options.

Red Star used to have a superb team, Steaua Bucurest winners in the 80's also. Eintracht Frankfurt are another as are Rapid Vienna.

Personally i'd have a go at one of Red Star, Rapid or Steaua for something different, with dynamic league rep there should be less reasons for people to start in different leagues now, yet it seems everyone is doing the same leagues this year as the past few :(

These are good options.

Red Star used to have a superb team, Steaua Bucurest winners in the 80's also. Eintracht Frankfurt are another as are Rapid Vienna.

Personally i'd have a go at one of Red Star, Rapid or Steaua for something different, with dynamic league rep there should be less reasons for people to start in different leagues now, yet it seems everyone is doing the same leagues this year as the past few :(

red star sounds very tempting mate, thanks alot.

Nottingham Forest - I know that and I have a little soft spot for them myself, I was just pointing out that a few more names bar the obvious would good for a change :D

red star sounds very tempting mate, thanks alot.

going to do this myself now. One of us could start a thread and get a few more involved :cool:

Nottingham Forest - I know that and I have a little soft spot for them myself, I was just pointing out that a few more names bar the obvious would good for a change :D

going to do this myself now. One of us could start a thread and get a few more involved :cool:

im going to start a red star game when i get in from work too. looking forward to it!! have tomorow off as well to get stuck into it!!

Could anyone recommend a team that is either in France or Italy that has good youth players but isn't expected to be top at the end of the season?

I was thinking of Fiorentina but would like to know from some much more experienced players.

Lille in France.

Genoa in Italy.

My favorite club, Athletic Club Bilbao, actually fits this bill perfectly.

Maybe Sochaux in France or Hoffenheim.

After reading some of the comments in this thread I've chose to go with PSV when I started up a new save last week. So far I've been really pleased with my choice- through to the knockouts of the EURO cup, 4th in the league and in the semis of the Dutch Cup.

Hi i am gonna start a new game tomoz and dunno who to be. Me and my m8 gonna do 2 player game so 2 suggestions welcome lol but mainly for me :). I enjoy young age clubs and welcome to any suggestions but if u can tell me why i should be that club. Many thanks:)

Anyone played as Fiorentina? Any issues or problems regarding them? Always fancied a game with the Viola but they don't have a team thread. I'm trying to find a team in a nice location (hence Fiorentina) with Champions League potential.

I Started a game with them but only played it through the first 4 months ... I prefer the English Prem tbh.

However, they are a good side with plenty of talent in the squad and decent finances. Some good young players there too.

I think it would be a good club to take on if you like the Italian league and they are somewhat of a sleeping giant. I think 3 seasons would see you established in the Champions league easily.

Hi i am gonna start a new game tomoz and dunno who to be. Me and my m8 gonna do 2 player game so 2 suggestions welcome lol but mainly for me :). I enjoy young age clubs and welcome to any suggestions but if u can tell me why i should be that club. Many thanks:)

You take Burnley in the Championship and give your mate Portsmouth

Burnley = Decent squad, very good finances and good promotion prospects.

Portsmouth = No Players, No money and No bleeding chance

;)

Seriously tho, you could do Burnley V QPR ... They both about the same.

Whoever gets promotion first gets free beer ove the xmas hols

;)

Thanks man. Athletic does fit, but continuity of players is such a challenge.

If you focus on signing lots of good Spanish U-16 players, it actually becomes relatively easy- patience is required, though!

Zaragoza could be good as well, but you may run into a relegation battle first season.

Archived