FM 2011: What Team Should I Be?

Guest roberto922

He wont have to dethrone Lyon! We havent been champions for 2 years haha! And Ligue 1 is a great challenge, for example i am Lyon and i didnt win Ligue 1 this season, See i would either go Lille or AS.Saint Etienne, they have a good squad, but its in need of some serious work, and they are Lyons greatest rivals.

Anyway, I have decided to go with Les Verts for now. Wheeling-dealing is surprisingly quite fun !

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking for a team...

in Germany, Belgium or Holland

with a decent amount of money to spend and

whose team needs strengthening and

are not going to be challenging for the title first season.

Thanks,

-TV-

They don't have much money to spend, but I've been playing as St. Pauli in Germany and it's a helluva fun save. You can still make some good free signings and bargain buys (especially if you sell off some players).

In Belgium maybe look at Standard Liege?

Looking for a team...

in Germany, Belgium or Holland

with a decent amount of money to spend and

whose team needs strengthening and

are not going to be challenging for the title first season.

Thanks,

-TV-

Hoffenheim. Very ambitious chairman. Pray that Genoa don't take their option on Zuculini though.

Looking for a team that will suit to 4-3-2-1 formation. They must have good playmaker and very good inside forwards.

I'm not very demanding when it comes to league choice - team shouldn't be from french league and can't be from european top like Chelsea, Barça, Milan, Bayern etc.

I don't care about money, but poor history will be very tempting. A lot of flair and creativity will be welcomed as well.

and no, I don't want to play with Hoffenheim, get tired of them in FM10.

Looking for a team that will suit to 4-3-2-1 formation. They must have good playmaker and very good inside forwards.

I'm not very demanding when it comes to league choice - team shouldn't be from french league and can't be from european top like Chelsea, Barça, Milan, Bayern etc.

I don't care about money, but poor history will be very tempting. A lot of flair and creativity will be welcomed as well.

River Plate in Argentina.

Nottingham Forest :D. Suited to that formation very much. Great History as well and some potential and a great squad.

Haven't played as them this year, but with Pastore amongst other decent players, Palermo could be what you're looking for :thup:

I agree. Palermo is a very fun team to manage, they got a few really good players and a lot that can develop into great players. only con is that you will probably play 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 because they don't have any wingers at all in the squad. That can be fixed after a season though.

So I'm looking for a team based in Europe which isn't in one of the top 4-5 leagues. So I'm thinking along the lines of France, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland or maybe even Scotland.

Ideally a team who are on the verge of greatness. A team who can be challenging for a European spot but not necessarily the league title.. A good youth set up would also be a plus!

Think along the lines of Everton, Spurs (from a year or two ago) and Villa...

I agree. Palermo is a very fun team to manage, they got a few really good players and a lot that can develop into great players. only con is that you will probably play 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 because they don't have any wingers at all in the squad. That can be fixed after a season though.

finished the 1st season with plaermo at the weekend. has been ejoyable so far. pastore and hernadez are class and you should build a team around them.

start of season 2 and ive been given 45mil for players though which seems a bit ott.

So I'm looking for a team based in Europe which isn't in one of the top 4-5 leagues. So I'm thinking along the lines of France, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland or maybe even Scotland.

Ideally a team who are on the verge of greatness. A team who can be challenging for a European spot but not necessarily the league title.. A good youth set up would also be a plus!

Groningen in Holland :thup:

Standard Liege

France: St. Etienne, Toulouse

Holland: Heerenveen, NAC Breda

Scotland: Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen

The others I cant think of but thats my list.

Looking for a team with expectations no higher than mid-table in a large european league. Would like them to have some promising youngsters and preferably a decent transfer budget.

Not usre what Genoa's expectations are but they tick the other boxes.

Looking for a team with expectations no higher than mid-table in a large european league. Would like them to have some promising youngsters and preferably a decent transfer budget.

Malaga CF for sure. Largest transfer budget in La Liga, two very good youngsters and expectations of around mid-table.

I think Bilbao is always the hardest challenge in the game, because of the fact you can only sign Basque players. If you take any other team, at some point down the line, you can sign the next Brazilian wonderkid or whatever. Something you can't do with Bilbao. The pool of players you can sign is extremely reduced and you need to nurture your kids.

Always the 3rd save I play after a big club to get used to the game and my club: PSG

So, I'm looking for a good team to try and do a 100-year career. Preferably european, and not a straight-out title challenger. Decent money and youth for whatever league it's in. However, everything is flexible, and I'm happy to listen to any recommendations. Thanks.

So, I'm looking for a good team to try and do a 100-year career. Preferably european, and not a straight-out title challenger. Decent money and youth for whatever league it's in. However, everything is flexible, and I'm happy to listen to any recommendations. Thanks.

Nottingham Forest :D. Great history. Haven't won a league title/trophy in over 10 years. Have a great squad now. Predicted to get promoted(1st). I think you should give them a go :thup:.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's showtime :cool:

As it was last year, if you're unsure of what team to be, come in here and ask and let the oracles of GPTG suggest who you could go as! Alternatively, if you've found managing one side particularly enjoyable feel free to post about them in here. All suggestions please use the following template!

Club:

Division:

Transfer Budget:

Board Expectation:

Key Players:

Pros:

Cons:

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard):

Additional Information:

Right then, have fun.

i understand why you have made this thread,BUT.. my only advise would be... go for a team you are banded with.. doesnt matter in what way, but otherwise you wont have as much fun as you could be.. and your game will last longer... for example

i always play games with: ajax (my club :) as i live in amsterdam. leeds (want to bring back the glory of the past), wimbledon (i like the name... sponsored by sigames and lots of fun bringing them to the premier league all the way from blue square premier...

so it doesnt matter how many money you have and looking at the key players... money and players will come and go.. just follow your feeling and enjoy!

i understand why you have made this thread,BUT.. my only advise would be... go for a team you are banded with.. doesnt matter in what way, but otherwise you wont have as much fun as you could be.. and your game will last longer... for example

i always play games with: ajax (my club :) as i live in amsterdam. leeds (want to bring back the glory of the past), wimbledon (i like the name... sponsored by sigames and lots of fun bringing them to the premier league all the way from blue square premier...

so it doesnt matter how many money you have and looking at the key players... money and players will come and go.. just follow your feeling and enjoy!

But thats you, not everyone is like that. Come back into this thread in 6 months and you will see it is very popular and people will have some great saves.

Its a popular thread every year.

Club: RSC Anderlecht

Division: Belgian Pro League

Transfer Budget: £0 (£245k wage budget)

Board Expectation: Win the league

Key Players: Mbark Boussoufa, Romelu Lukaku, Johnathan Legear, Lucas Biglia, Ronald Juhasz

Pros: Talented squad, excellent youth prospects, Champions league football

Cons: Very poor financial situation, no funds for new players

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 4... depending on your goals, its easy to win the league but very difficult to do well in Europe, it will also be difficult to sort out the clubs financial situation and keep the key players away from bigger clubs.

Additional Information: great fun

Club: RSC Anderlecht

Division: Belgian Pro League

Transfer Budget: £0 (£245k wage budget)

Board Expectation: Win the league

Key Players: Mbark Boussoufa, Romelu Lukaku, Johnathan Legear, Lucas Biglia, Ronald Juhasz

Pros: Talented squad, excellent youth prospects, Champions league football

Cons: Very poor financial situation, no funds for new players

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 4... depending on your goals, its easy to win the league but very difficult to do well in Europe, it will also be difficult to sort out the clubs financial situation and keep the key players away from bigger clubs.

Additional Information: great fun

+ 1, was my first save on the full game. very hard challenge to do good in europe!! i won the uefacup, but in the CL i got hammered a lot :( And offcourse very hard to keep your star players

Sorry don't have the exact template details here but PSG are a good bet. Respectable league expectations, not much money though. However, they have some old-ass players who will need replacing, and some high earners who'll need to be moved on(Mateja Kezman 54k p/wk!!). A quintessential sleeping giant. Only problem is they're in the horrid Europa League because they won the coupe de ligue, bleh.

Napoli are interesting. I preferred them in FM10 when they weren't in Europe and their players weren't as good, just promising.

Need some help. I'm looking to start a save in Europe (NOT British) where the team has a good starting squad, but isn't one of the top 2 clubs in the division.

I'm looking to only buy players that are from that nation and form a HQ squad. So who already has a good base for me to start with and decent finances?

Need some help. I'm looking to start a save in Europe (NOT British) where the team has a good starting squad, but isn't one of the top 2 clubs in the division.

I'm looking to only buy players that are from that nation and form a HQ squad. So who already has a good base for me to start with and decent finances?

Genoa. Hoffenheim. Bilbao(really don't have a choice on buying your own!). Heerenveen(not so great financially).

Can there be a better side than Crawley Town to take to the top? If any Blue Square Premier side is structured to vault up the leagues it is the Red Devils.

Crawley is a good shout but their wages are huge and there are a lot of players so you make a large monthly loss.

All i would say is dont be real madrid or man city, theres no challenge as you can buy who you want and have a great squad anyway.

Club: Liverpool

Division: Prem (just)

Transfer Budget: not sure

Board Expectation: not sure

Key Players: Gerrard, Torres

Pros: Good youngsters (for first time in ages) and lots of rebuilding to do so you can build your own side

Cons: Club in a state, key players often injured

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 7

Additional Information:

7?!?!?!?! Are you mad? Liverpool is very possibly one of the EASIEST teams to play with on FM... Good players for now, good youth to bring through, low expectations and £35m / £1.6 budget... piece of ****.

I'm one of those who experiments with FM, and so far have had success with leeds and west brom (promotion with leeds and pretty much safety with the albion), in my first season. However, i am looking for a new team to be, a team with a spark and potential....any ideas guys?

Cheers

I'm one of those who experiments with FM, and so far have had success with leeds and west brom (promotion with leeds and pretty much safety with the albion), in my first season. However, i am looking for a new team to be, a team with a spark and potential....any ideas guys?

Cheers

Maybe Sochaux in France? They don't have the greatest squad, but do have some solid youngsters and a great youth system.

Also, I'll say it partially because they're my favorite team but also because they fit your requirements: maybe try Athletic Bilbao. They have the youngest squad in La Liga, have some stars in Llorente and Javi Martinez, good youngsters in Aurtenetxe, Ruiz de Galarreta, Iker Muniain, and Jonas Ramalho. Plus, their Basques-only policy makes for a good challenge, but with excellent training and youth facilities you can develop players very well.

Cheers

Nottingham Forest :D. Great potential. Can get promoted first season.

Archived