FM11: Official Nottingham Forest Thread

Welcome to the Official Nottingham Forest Team Guide for Football Manager 2011

Club Information

Nottingham%20Forest.png

Nottingham Forest Football Club was formed in 1865 and joined the Football Alliance in 1988. Nottingham Forest’s current ground is called The City Ground and that has been there home since 1898 and is situated in West Bridgford, Nottingham and lies on the banks of the River Trent.

Nottingham Forest’s main rivals are Derby County. They also have rivalries with Notts County and Leicester City.

The City Ground can hold a total capacity of 30,602. However, I think for safety reasons unless needed it can only hold 29,550.

Trent_End_Night.gif

Nottingham Forest’s most successful spell came under the management of Brian Clough with help of Peter Taylor. During his eighteen year spell which started on the 6th January 1975. He guided the club to quite a few trophies which included two European Cups before retiring in May 1993 after Forest’s relegation from the Premiership.

Nottingham Forest haven't won a trophy since the 1997/1998 season when they won the old Division One now the Championship. Since then the club haven't had much success and have been in League 1 and the Championship. Up until last season the clubs highest league finish was under Paul Hart who guided the club to sixth in the 2002/2003 season.

Last Season

Last season Nottingham Forest finished third in the Coca-Cola Championship, losing to Blackpool in the Play-Off Semi Final. No one had expected Forest to do as well as they did and this success has lead to many people expecting them to do well again this season.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club Information Continued

best_of_brian_clough_119928_7.jpg

Club Trophies

FA Cup: 1898

Division Two: 1906-1907

Division Two: 1921-1922

Division Three South: 1950-1951

FA Cup: 1959

Division One Champions: 1977-1978

League Cup: 1977-1978

Charity Shield: 1978

European Cup: 1978-1979

League Cup: 1978-1979

European Cup:1979-1980

European Super Cup: 1979-1980

League Cup: 1988-1989

League Cup: 1989-1990

Division One Champions: 1997-1998

Nottingham Forest have won more trophies and finished Runners-Up in many more as well.

Squad List

1. Lee Camp (Vice-Captain)

3. Paul Konchesky (on-loan from Liverpool)

4. Luke Chambers

5. Wes Morgan

6. Kelvin Wilson

7. Paul Anderson

8. Lewis McGugan

9. Dele Adebola

10. Robert Earnshaw

11. Nathan Tyson

12. Garath McCleary

15. Chris Cohen

16. Chris Gunter

17. David McGoldrick

18. Paul McKenna (Captain)

19. Guy Moussi

20. Marcus Tudgay

23. Dexter Blackstock

24. Robbie Findley

27. Brendan Moloney

28. Radoslaw Majewski

29. Julian Bennett

31. Mark Byrne

33. Joel Lynch

38. Karl Darlow

41. Kieron Freeman

43. Nialle Rodney

Joe Garner (on loan at Scunthorpe United)

Paul Smith (on loan at Middlesbrough)

FM Information

Club Overview Part 1

Club Overview Part 2- From the screenshot you can see the club has a loan debt of £60m. That isn't a problem as it's a chairman debt which only has to be repaid when Nigel Doughty leaves. Which most of the time he doesn't.

Club Facilities

Club Staff

Why You Should Be Nottingham Forest?

The reason why you should be Nottingham Forest is because we have a great history. Also Nottingham Forest haven't won a trophy in twelve years. This

would be a perfect challenge. Try to take the club back in to the Premiership, get in to Europe or win the FA Cup or any other trophy. This is a chance for you to add some more history for this great club.

Board Expectations

You don't really get much choice when choosing the board expectations. Due to how well Nottingham Forest did last season. You get a choice of either promotion or winner.

If you choose promotion then you will get: Transfer Budget: £250k, Wage Budget: £110k

If you choose winner then you will get: Transfer Budget: Not sure(will check). Wage Budget: £120k

I chose promotion. Partly because there are some great free agents out there which can help stregthen your squad without spending any of your transfer buget.

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

1st Choice: Lee Camp: Camp is a great keeper who should be able to be your number one for at least three seasons. He is better than Smith and Darlow which means he should be your number one. Camp's contract expires in 2013, I would suggest trying to extend his contract.

Back Up: Paul Smith: Smith is a great back up to have. Not quite as good as Camp but still an excellent back up. His contract expires after the first year.

Youth Prospects: Karl Darlow: Darlow looks to be a great third choice keeper, maybe even back up. According to your coaches he has the ability to be as good as or better than Camp. I would look to expand his contract as well.

The goalkeeping department is pretty good. There is no need to look for a new first choice keeper yet as Camp, Smith and Darlow are more than capable to do the job. If you get promoted first season and manage to stay up then this is when you may have to start looking for a new first choice goalkeeper.

Right Backs

1st Choice: Chris Gunter: Gunter is a great Right Back who can also play Left Back. He is good enough for the Premiership and although his contract expires in 2013, I would try and extend it.

Back Up: Brendan Moloney: A great back up to have. The Republic of Ireland under-21 international is not as good as Gunter but is still great. I would extend his contract as well because he will be a good back up for a few years. Moloney doesn't look as good defensively. So as a suggestion possibly retraining him as a right midfielder would be better as he could be back-up for that.

Youth Prospects: None.

Another strong position at the club. Again there is no need to try and look for a first choice or back up Right Back as Gunter and Moloney can be good enough for that position for many years to come. There a few young Right Backs at the club but none that look like they will become any good according to your coaches.

Left Backs

1st Choice: Julian Bennett: On the first two patches Bennett was on loan at Crystal Palace. Now he back. Despite him not being rated well by your coaches. He's the only natural left back you have in the side. I would look to sign another left back and then use Bennett as back up.

Back Up: None.

This position at the club is really weak. You don't really have a back up so I would suggest buying one. You could use Joel Lynch there and maybe look at bringing in another centre back if you can't get another left back.

Potential Transfer Targets: Michael Ball(free) or Greg Cunnigham(loan from Man City), Maz Tonnetto(free) or Lasha Salukvadze(free).

Centre Backs

Wes Morgan: Morgan is a rock in central defence. Although he isn't seen as the best by your coaches he is. He can always do the job even in your first season in the Premiership. I would look at expanding his contract to 2014 as well.

Kelvin Wilson: Wilson is seen as probably the best Centre Back by your coaches. Could be a good fourth or fifth choice Centre Back well in to your third or fourth season if your in the Premiership. His contract expires at the end of the first season. I would try to get him to extend his contract. It should be noted that Wilson has agreed to join Celtic in June 2011.

Luke Chambers: Chambers is pretty much equal to the other central defenders, so it's just a case of preference. I would probably have him as my third/fourth choice Centre Back.

Joel Lynch: Lynch is as good as the other three and could become better than both Chambers and Morgan if he is anything like he was on FM10. I would probably use him as fourth/fifth choice Centre Back and back up/third choice Left Back.

Karlton Watson: Watson is your fifth choice centre back and he struggles to make that. He's injured for just under two years, so unfortunately you won't get anything out of him. I would suggest releasing him on a free straight away. So, if you do like a fifth centre back you could then go and buy one. You don't desperately need one as you have Bennett who could play there if need be.

Youth Prospects: None

The centre back position is pretty much covered with all four Centre Backs equal in ability. It just comes down to preference really as to who you start with. I will probably sign another Centre Back as I prefer to have five Centre Backs.

Potential Transfer Targets: You don't need anymore centre backs unless you like five. Unfortunately I haven't found any worth mentioning.

Right and Left Midfielders/Wingers

1st Choice:

Paul Anderson: Anderson is a great first choice to have. He can play wide right or left which is good because if you like your wide men to switch sides then he can. He will be good enough for your first few seasons even if you get to the Premiership. If you did get to the Premiership he could be a good back up to have. I would reccomend extending his contract.

Garath McCleary: McCleary has never really been given a chance on my saves in previous FM games. However, in this FM I plan to give him a chance as I think he is a good player. McCleary, like Anderson can also play wide right or left.

Back Up: None.

There aren't any recognised back ups at the club which is bad. I would try to find some back ups or equal ability players to Anderson and McCleary. If you do get desperate and need a quick solution you could play Lewis McGugan and Chris Cohen in the wide positions. However this would seriously weaken your central midfield.

Potential Transfer Targets: Oliver Kapo(free) and Mustapha Riga(free). There are more but these seem the best.

I don't plan on using wide midfielders, so I will look to offload both of these.

Centre Midfielders/Attacking Midfielders/Defensive Midfielders

Paul McKenna: McKenna is the Nottingham Forest captain. McKenna is getting on a bit now so he won't be playing for many more years. I think he could still do the job for two seasons. Depending on the formation you choose then McKenna plays well as a Deep-Lying Playmaker.

Chris Cohen: The work horse of the team. Cohen is an amazing player who should be in your team from the start. Imo his best position would be in the centre of midfield as a Box-to-Box Midfielder. His stamina is a great and he has decent attacking and defending atrributes which means he can perform in this role. I would recommend extending his contract as he can still be a great player if you get to the Premiership.

Radoslaw Majewski: Majewski is a great player who seems like he can improve even more. I would probably play him in a central role behind the Striker in my formation of 4-2-3-1. I would look at extending his contract as well.

Lewis McGugan: Mcgugan is still young as player but has great potential. I would probably play him on the left or right in the three man attacking midfield. He can be retrained as a Right Midfielder or Left Midfielder if need be. He could play on the Premiership as well as a good back up. His contract expires at the end of the first season. I would recommend offering him a new contract.

Guy Moussi: Moussi is a good player but unfortunately I think he will only be back up for me. Strong player who will always try. His high wages may mean that I sell him if he doesn't play enough games for me.

Mark Byrne: Just like Bennett. Byrne was out on loan for the first two patches. Now he's back but he won't be anything more than back up. Again, you could look to sell as he doesn't look like he will set the world a light.

Youth Prospects: Again there aren't any useful youth prospects. However it doesn't really matter as you have many good central midfielders in the squad.

Strikers

Dexter Blackstock: Blackstock is a good striker and could probably do a job in the Premiership. I think he could be good as a Complete or Advanced Forward as he can score and hold up the ball. I would probably play him as the lone Striker in my formation.

David McGoldrick: McGoldrick is a good player who has potential and will probably be back up striker. He seems to have good stats to help get some goals. He can also play as a Right Midfielder/Winger.

Rob Earnshaw: Earnshaw is a good striker but always seems to do not to good on my FM games. It's probably my tactics and I will give him another chance. I don't know whether I will offer him a new contract.

Nathan Tyson: Tyson has a lot of pace but not much else. He seems to get goals on FM10. I hope he can do the same on FM11 in the games that I play him in. He will probably leave at the end of the season. Tyson can also play as an Left Midfielder/Winger if need be. I think he will get a few games there as well. I would look to sell Tyson as you have many good strikers which can do the job that he does.

Dele Adebola: Adebola has strength which can be useful. I don't think he will be anything more than back up and I may even sell him.

Robbie Findley: The American striker looks to be decent. He has pace so if you're playing against a team with slow defenders then I would suggest using him alongside Adebola or someone who can pass.

Marcus Tudgay: Tudgay looks like another cracking player who adds to the squad. Looks like he has the ability score goals and can also play as a right midfielder if need be.

Nialle Rodney: Another youngster who doesn't look like he'll make the grade. Not needed in the side but you could keep him.

The Strikers that you have at the club are all as good as each other near enough. Depending on what formation you play you may want to start looking for a replacement for Adebola.

I have started a demo game with forest. Only played 4 friendlies so far but won them all playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. I have signed DeMerit, Ball and Geary on free transfers and then loaned in Henri Lansbury (arsenal) Gael kakuta (Chelsea) and Harvard Nordtveit (Arsenal), so my line-ups are roughly:

Camp

Gunter DeMerit Wilson Bertrand

McKenna Cohen

Lansbury McGugan Kakuta

Earnshaw

Smith

Geary Chambers Morgan Ball

Nordtveit Moussi

Anderson Majewski Tyson

Blackstock

I haven't decided who is first choice in all positions but this formation is creating loads of chances.

I have started a demo game with forest. Only played 4 friendlies so far but won them all playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. I have signed DeMerit, Ball and Geary on free transfers and then loaned in Henri Lansbury (arsenal) Gael kakuta (Chelsea) and Harvard Nordtveit (Arsenal), so my line-ups are roughly:

Camp

Gunter DeMerit Wilson Bertrand

McKenna Cohen

Lansbury McGugan Kakuta

Earnshaw

Smith

Geary Chambers Morgan Ball

Nordtveit Moussi

Anderson Majewski Tyson

Blackstock

I haven't decided who is first choice in all positions but this formation is creating loads of chances.

That's good mate. I am thinking of playing this formation once I have completed all this and a few other things. I was thinking of playing Cohen in the CM/CDM position.

I play McKenna as a deep lying playmaker as I want to use his passing to release my forwards and then Cohen as a box to box midfielder. This seems to get the best of Cohen's stamina so he can defend and get into the box, sometimes he's the furthest forward player in an attack.

I played McKenna as a Deep-Lying Playmaker in FM10 and he was a beast and helped me get promoted in the first season. Unfortunately he didn't play much in the second season as I bought a better player called Fredy Guarin. When McKenna did play though he still had a good rating.

Welcome to the Official Nottingham Forest Team Guide for Football Manager 2011

Nottingham%20Forest.png

Club Information

best_of_brian_clough_119928_7.jpg

Nottingham Forest Football Club was formed in 1865 and joined the Football Alliance in 1988. Nottingham Forest’s current ground is called The City Ground and that has been there home since 1898 and is situated in West Bridgford, Nottingham and lies on the banks of the River Trent.

Nottingham Forest’s main rivals are Derby County. They also have rivalries with Notts County and Leicester City.

The City Ground can hold a total capacity of 30,602. However, I think for safety reasons unless needed it can only hold 29,550.

Trent End, Overhead View, Inside View

Nottingham Forest’s most successful spell came under the management of Brian Clough with help of Peter Taylor. During his eighteen year spell which started on the 6th January 1975. He guided the club to quite a few trophies which included two European Cups before retiring in May 1993 after Forest’s relegation from the Premiership.

Nottingham Forest haven't won a trophy since the 1997/1998 season when they won the old Division One now the Championship.Since then the club haven't had much success and have been in League 1 and the Championship. Up until last season the clubs highest league finish was under Paul Hart who guided the club to sixth in the 2002/2003season.

Last Season

Last season Nottingham Forest finished third in the Coca-Cola Championship, losing to Blackpool in the Play-Off Semi Final. No one had expected Forest to do as well as they did and this success has lead to many people expecting them to do well again this season.

Right...

My view on the squad..

GK

Lee Camp - Definite first choice, not afraid to give his centre backs an earful if required. Also club vice-captain.

Karl Darlow - Youth team product, highly rated by the staff at the club, Pete Williams [GK Coach] says he has a lot of potential, but needs to be nurtured.

Paul Smith - Currently on the transfer list at Forest, still an adequate keeper at Championship level, and would walk into a lot of teams at Championship and League One Level. The AI still picks him as second choice, but hasn't appeared in a League matchday squad since the playoffs against Blackpool.

Youth Team One To Watch Zannetos Mytides - Cypriot international at every age group up to Under 21, has been dependable for the youth team in recent seasons.

DL

Ryan Bertrand - On loan from Chelsea - Exp. Jan 2010 An outstanding talent, but one that is unlikely to make an impact at Stamford Bridge, given the talents of Ashley Cole and Patrick Van Aanholt in front of him there. Has come to NG2, and has made an excellent impact, with his marauding runs and link up play with the rest of the team.

Joel Lynch - Originally a centre half, Joel made his name at Brighton where he was converted to play at left back, attracting the attention of then Forest manager Colin Calderwood, who signed him on loan. After Calderwoods departure in late 2008, Lynch made several appearances under Billy Davies, but has found himself marginalised, making a single appearance this season, away in the cup at Bradford City.

Julian Bennett - On loan at Crystal Palace - Exp. Jan 2010 Nottingham born and bred, he grew up within a true stones throw of Trent Bridge and the City Ground. Signed from Walsall, he won player of the season in his first full year at the club, then suffered a horrendous knee injury against Doncaster Rovers, shortly after his return from a broken collarbone. Sent out on loan at the start of this season, in order to gain match experience and fitness, and is expected to return to the club in January.

DR

Chris Gunter - One of the standout players for Forest in his first full season at the club, its difficult to believe that he is only 21, given that he plays with a mature head on his shoulders at times. A product of the Cardiff City academy, he moved to Tottenham Hotspur for a 7 figure fee in January 2008, before moving to Forest on loan towards the back end of the 2008/09 season, and being instrumental in their charge to safety.

Brendan Moloney - A product of the Academy, Brendan has spent time out on loan at Rushden, Chesterfield and Notts County, as well as seeing some experience in the red of Forest, nearly scoring on his debut for the club against Bournemouth in 2007. He'll find his chances of a game limited with Gunter in front of him in the squad, so he may move out on loan again.

DC

Westley 'Wes' Morgan - 'Major Oak' as he is known by some fans at Forest, has been at the heart of the defence at NG2 for the best part of a decade, and its difficult to think that he is still only 26. Nearing 300 career league appearances for the club, he is a product of the Academy, and was hailed as part of the record breaking defence that saw Forest to promotion in 2009.

Kelvin Wilson - Another Nottingham lad, signed from Preston in the summer of 2008. Has been deployed at Right back on occasion, but his preferred position is at the heart of the back 4. Another one whose experience defies his young age.

Luke Chambers - Signed from Northampton whilst Colin Calderwood was manager, the 25 year old is another player with over 200 appearances in the league, although the majority of those were in Leagues One and Two. Can be deployed at Right Back.

Youth Team Prospects Karlton Watson - A player blessed with the speed of Des Walker, with the build of Wes Morgan, he won the Under 18 player of the season last season, despite fierce competition from other, more attacking members of the side. Has been sidelined with a knee injury over the summer, and hasn't yet made an appearance for the U18s this season due to that.

Jamaal Lascelles - New scholar at Wilford Lane, the Derby born centre half is another player who is built in the same way as Karlton Watson. He seems to have done something right, as he was called up for 'first team' duty in a preseason friendly at Mansfield. One for the future.

More soon...

Nice robterrace. You are the Forest researcher, so you should be able to answer this. I looked at all the youth teams stats and if they don't have potential to be 2 or 3 stars I release them straight away is this right? Without giving too much away can Watson get better than the 1 and a half star potential he has. I have so many good things about him with some people saying he could be better than Dawson was at that age. Would you agree with that? As you obviously know more than me.

Also I am starting a new game. Although my real game won't start properly until the full game comes out.

Nice robterrace. You are the Forest researcher, so you should be able to answer this. I looked at all the youth teams stats and if they don't have potential to be 2 or 3 stars I release them straight away is this right? Without giving too much away can Watson get better than the 1 and a half star potential he has. I have so many good things about him with some people saying he could be better than Dawson was at that age. Would you agree with that? As you obviously know more than me.

From what I've been able to find out so far, Watson and Lascelles are both very highly rated by the club, although, Watson does have a nasty knee injury at the moment..

I know Watson is highly rated but on the game it doesn't show it. How come? Or do I have to play him and see if he becomes good.

Random PA in the DB, its a negative number, so sometimes he won't be as good as he could be. I'm guessing that in the 'save' used for the Quickstart, he has a low PA.

Just started with my beloved Forest and had a pretty good pre-season

foresty.th.jpg

Made 5 new signings - Demerit, Cruz & Basturk on free transfers and Pacheco & Kakuta on loan deals. Kakuta will probably fit right in to the team with him and Anderson on the wings, but I'm still unsure with the other 4 probably rotation/back-up to begin with.

forestqf.th.jpg

Will post again to show you how i get on in the league

Formation Analysis

The Nottingham Forest Squad is able to adapt to many formations. A few to name are the conventional 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. The players that you have at your disposal enables you to be great tactically without causing too much hassle.

Here are some of the fomations:

4-2-3-1: This formation is my favourite. The reason being is that you can include most of your attacking midfielders. It also seems to help you create goals as well.

To Be Continued.

adamc81 and westmarsh are we getting some silverware into club back again like we did in the previous game? :)

i will be glad to see you both at this thread soon.please tell me when you guys are around.

btw good luck to all Nott Forest fans as well.:thup:

Just started with my beloved Forest and had a pretty good pre-season

foresty.th.jpg

I've also had a decent pre-season :)

iddm42.png

The signings I've made so far are:

Jay DeMerit - Free

Kevin Bobson - Free

Garry O'Connor - Loan (Birmingham)

José Gonçalves - Free

& I've sold McCleary to Reading for £500k

I have brought in;

Robbie Fowler - £35k (experience and tutoring)

Arnold Bruggink - free

Jay DeMerit - free

Bebe - loan

Gael Kakuta - loan

Chris Smalling - loan

Keith Fahay - loan

So far, we have beaten Ipswich away 1-0 and we are through to the 2nd round of the league cup after beating Macclesfield 4-0

Gareth McCleary has gone to Reading for just £190k

I have brought in;

Robbie Fowler - £35k (experience and tutoring)

Arnold Bruggink - free

Jay DeMerit - free

Bebe - loan

Gael Kakuta - loan

Chris Smalling - loan

Keith Fahay - loan

So far, we have beaten Ipswich away 1-0 and we are through to the 2nd round of the league cup after beating Macclesfield 4-0

Gareth McCleary has gone to Reading for just £190k

How good to your coaches say he is when you do a coach report? I might be interested but I don't want to bring in anyone who is less than Championship quality.

Started my game too.

Had a storming start to the season including putting out weakened Spurs and Man Utd in the LC (4-0 3rd rd and 3-1 4th round), and onwards to the quarter finals!

Earnshaw scored all 7 goals.

League was going well but I just lost 2 in a row - 3-2 away to Ipswich and 3-0 at home to Doncaster (ouch). Was on 29-9 GD before those 2, now up to 31-15 and dropped to 5th. Only other defeat was a 1-0 loss to Cardiff who I dominated - though in fairness I dominated doncaster and Ipswich too!

Signings

Kapo (free), Lansbury (Season loan), Pacheco (Season loan), Bebe (3month loan, crap).

My team - 4-1-2-1-2

Attacking, fluid, short passing. Low pressing, narrow width, slow tempo. AMC as playmaker, no target man. Disciplined on roaming.

Camp

Gunter (FB Auto) - Wilson (Stopper) - Morgan (Cover) - Bertrand (FB Auto)

Moussi (Anchor man)

Cohen (Box2box, Support) - McKenna (Central, Support)

Kapo (Attacking Midfielder, support)

Earnshaw (Poacher) - Blackstock (Deep-lying forward)

Bench is usually

Smith - Chambers - Thornhill - Lansbury - Tyson - Lynch - Pacheco

Due to injuries etc McGugan is generally on the bench as a replacement though.

So I have just beat Coventry 2-0. I am still top with 6 wins from 6. I am playing a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 depending on who I feel should play. I have to say it's working brilliantly. I have tied down most of the team to new contracts. The only 2 I haven't done so far are McKenna and Earnshaw. I would like to add McKenna to my coaching staff and he wants to be a coach so that helps. Earnshaw I want to keep as he is playing brilliantly as paocher. However I don't want to offer £15k. I have just cancelled negotiations with him as he wanted £20.5k a week and loads of high bonuses and stuff. I'll wait until later on in the season to try and keep him. I have only made four signings and they are Salomon Olembe, Corry Evans(Season Long Loan), Havard Nordtveit(Season Long Loan), Jose Baxter(Season Long Loan). I am still trying to extend Bertrand's loan. Lost in the League Cup second round to Aldershot. I did field a few youth players and fringer team players.

4th round draw of the League cup, away at Arsenal

24 minutes in and we are 3-0 up! (albeit against a weakened Arsenal side)

It is now 4-0 (Tyson could have completed his hat-trick from the spot, but Fabianski saved it - not even half time yet!)

Nice. I managed to stay unbeaten until the end of September before losing to Sheffield United 1-0 at Brammall Lane, in the last game of September.

November 2010

November was a really good month for us and it looks like we are getting back to playing how we were at the start of the season. I have reverted back to my original formation of 4-2-3-1. However, now I am playing Dexter Blackstock as an Advanced Forward. We seem to be scoring goals but there hasn’t been a stand out scorer. Out of our 5 fixtures during November we won 4 out of 5. We drew the other one and we are currently unbeaten in 9 league games.

Results

Norwich City 1-2 Nottingham Forest

Norwich probably deserved to win this game as they had more chances and possession was equal. Simeon Jackson scored for Norwich in the 18th minute. This seemed to make us play worse but somehow we managed to win the game after 2 goals by David McGoldrick and Dexter Blackstock.

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Preston North End

In a fairly close encounter Paul McKenna scored against his former club and it looked like we could win. However, in the 68th minute Darel Russell decided to spoil the party and grab an equaliser. A draw was probably a fair result. Enzo Maresca made his debut after he signed on a free transfer.

Nottingham Forest 3-0 Leicester City

This game wasn’t as one sided as it looks. We were just more clinical in front of goal. I decided to recall Chris Cohen to the team in place of Garath McCleary and instead of playing Cohen as a Box to Box Midfielder; I tried him as an Attacking Midfielder. This role changed paid off as he scored the second of our three goals. It was the Attacking Midfielders that worked as a team as Lewis McGugan grabbed the first and Raddy Majewski grabbed the third.

Barnsley 0-1 Nottingham Forest

Despite Barnsley being bottom of the league at the time, they gave us a good game. We had 65% of the possession but just couldn’t convert them in to chances or goals until Ryan Bertrand scored a great goal.

Burnley 0-1 Nottingham Forest

Burnley are one of our rivals in the promotion chase. They sat 4th at the time of the game and matched us all the way in this game. We started well and could have taken the lead when Lewis McGugan thought he had scored. However, he hadn’t because the linesman had ruled it out. It didn’t matter though as a few minutes later Chris Cohen scored in the 26th minute. This proved to be the winner. It did get a bit nervy though as Wes Morgan was given a straight red in the 69th minute. We held on though to stay unbeaten in nine games and stay top of the league.

November has been a really good month for us. We sit top of the league, seven points ahead of Millwall and unbeaten in nine games. December could be a tricky month though as we will have to play Cardiff City, Portsmouth, Swansea City and Hull City who are all in and around the play-off places. I haven’t been able to extend Ryan Bertrand’s loan and I don’t think I will be able to now. It is a real shame as he has been a great player for me. I did manage to extend Rob Earnshaw’s contract for another year but he currently has poor morale but doesn’t have any problems as far as I know. I need to try and get his morale and form back as he could prove vital in my quest for promotion to the Promised Land.

Transfers In

Enzo Maresca (Free)

League

Fixtures

Archived