FM2011 : Social network features and new camera angle revealed

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus, some people are difficult to please.

Thanks a lot for the effort and work, SI - the new ME looks fab and like somebody said earlier, it looks even more polished. Definitely buying this as soon as I can!

I agree too that the ME is looking the best so far ever, and that's what's the most important to me when it comes to FM. :)

Personally I couldn't be less interested in this.

I really am starting to fear that this is where the efforts are being made into the game, rather than making the game work better. The demo can't come soon enough.

What next? An animated avatar that we can dress up in stupid outfits?

I would accept a game with just text interface and simple 2d if it worked perfectly from the box

A quick message to all the complainers. This feature is one that some will like and use a lot and some will not like a never use. Remember you don't have to use this if you don't want to. Also it's not like SI have spent loads of time doing this feature, there are another 399 features they have been working on aswell. :thup:

Just brilliant.

The new videos are great, the new ME looks so polished. I love the fact you can see houses or shops behind the smaller stands, a real nice touch.

I also love some of the new goal celebrations adding yet another great unique twist to each match.

Nice bonus: watch the defenders respond with an "anti-celebration" after the goals are scored.

The emotion engine is looking good. It would be even better if they could incorporate tensions between individual players in as well. Like an underachieving center back making a mistake that results in a goal and the captain coming over to have a few heated words with him.

miles I think u shouldn't release any videos of the game contains bug u must finish the encoding process (without bugs) first then when the game look ready u know what to do

Err why? Even when the game is first released it won't be totally bug free. I think they already know what they're doing, i.e what they've done for the last few years.

The emotion engine is looking good. It would be even better if they could incorporate tensions between individual players in as well. Like an underachieving center back making a mistake that results in a goal and the captain coming over to have a few heated words with him.

Yeah, that'd be cool; If I remember right, you can already gauge how much players like a particular goal scorer by how many of them come to celebrate with him when he scores, this would be a nice extension to that.

How come almost every goal scored in these videos are headers from crosses? I know people were complaining about there not being enough in FM10. I hope this isnt something that you have tweaked and got way wrong and will need a patch to sort out. Or it could just be an unfortunate selection of videos..........

Name me ANY game that worked perfectly from the box, and I'll call you a liar!

All console games -with very few exceptions- are playable out of the box without spoiling the experience for the player.

But FM is a PC game and you have to judge it by the PC's lowly test standards. In that department, FM is not the worse there is, but it's pretty down the ladder, certainly with major issues out of the box that spoil the fun for the people who care.

On the other hand, I can't understand the negativity towards the new social features. FM has got to stay in touch with the times, which are all about social networking and connectivity. I won't use the feature -I barely use facebook- but it will be an easy and a potentially really great way to share and show tactics, players, moves, etc. It will also make much easier the bug reporting or any unbalances.

It's a great way for FM to expand itself and people who can't see this I think are being way too short sighted.

Whilst I completely understand the business model and need to go down the social networking route I for one will never use this and mourn the fact that SI have been forced down this road. What a load of nonsense. Why does the entire world have to revolve around twitter and youtube. It just makes people completely unable to have normal human interaction :(

Whilst I completely understand the business model and need to go down the social networking route I for one will never use this and mourn the fact that SI have been forced down this road. What a load of nonsense. Why does the entire world have to revolve around twitter and youtube. It just makes people completely unable to have normal human interaction :(

Then there is no need for forums, too.

No that is a completely seperate thing. It can be difficult to find people who have similar interests (ie FM). Its not (or shouldn't be) hard to have normal human conversations.

You said normal human interaction. Forums are not normal human interaction, not more so than Facebook. In fact Facebook offers more human interaction because there is an abundance of different people and topics.

Your "normal human interaction" complaint about SI's use of social networking is completely false.

You said normal human interaction. Forums are not normal human interaction, not more so than Facebook. In fact Facebook offers more human interaction because there is an abundance of different people and topics.

Your "normal human interaction" complaint about SI's use of social networking is completely false.

I said forums are a seperate case. For instance I only have 2 friends who play FM, therefore to discuss this game I need another outlet, such as these forums. If I could talk to as many people IRL as I can on here you would never have seen me here. However a 'status update' is not normal human interaction in the old fashioned sense. I understand that the world changes and that these social networking things are not going to die but what it leads to is people who are completely and utterly unable to function in the real world and the complete and utter destruction of the English language. You keep arguing if you like but I'm not going to. I've stated my opinion and objection to the feature and that I won't use it. I'm done.

Not quite sure why people are complaining about the social network features, There's load of features I don't use on all version of FM but its that simple You just don't use them. I personally use youtube and twitter therefore I will be using more features than some users, Just like some people love using the editor which I don't nor have ever touched so they are using more features than me, Its not a big deal really lol. I can't wait for fm2011 personally, This version is gonna be epic

All console games -with very few exceptions- are playable out of the box without spoiling the experience for the player.

But FM is a PC game and you have to judge it by the PC's lowly test standards. In that department, FM is not the worse there is, but it's pretty down the ladder, certainly with major issues out of the box that spoil the fun for the people who care.

PC games are much harder to get it right out of the box because of all the possible different computer specifications. Console games are a lot easier, there's only one possible specification.

They haven't been really forced down the road...we're in the information era, and since the telephone was invented we've started losing 'true' human interaction...

- telephone

- mobiles

- text messenging

- internet (email, MSN, forums, Youtube, myspace, Facebook, Twitter, video conferencing)

I'm sure you have used at least one of the above. We've been losing a lot of true human interaction before SI announced this feature! :p

Of course, some forms are more formal than others (as your argument of losing the English language suggests), but really SI are just using current technology to enhance game experience, well my experience anyways since I always wanted to some important up Youtube but I needed fraps. Now I don't need that anymore. :)

Archived