Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But stating you've been informed by the manufacturer leaves you open to liable if not true :)

No it doesn't. It leaves them open to accusations of mis information, not libel. Libel would mean that they had said something injurious to SI, which this isn't. Play.com know nothing, nor does anyone else.

A little bit of me hopes it isn't released til December. I'm really enjoying 10 and it'll make me laugh to see people on these forums lose their heads if they have to wait :D

No it doesn't. It leaves them open to accusations of mis information, not libel. Libel would mean that they had said something injurious to SI, which this isn't. Play.com know nothing, nor does anyone else.

A little bit of me hopes it isn't released til December. I'm really enjoying 10 and it'll make me laugh to see people on these forums lose their heads if they have to wait :D

Thanks for that. I thought i put "doesn't it?" at the end as i wasn't 100% sure.

I don't really mind when it comes out aslong as it's a complete product and there aren't any major bugs on release day.

I think SI will either release the date really soon and to be 29th October, or they will have a word with those online shops to hide the release date they may have disclosed to them or to ask them not to announce a date looking official, or something:)

My bet would go to 29th Oct though as it sounds pretty realistic I believe thus I expect a release date at lattest by Monday.

"Thank you for your recent Play.com order for Football Manager 2011 (PC & Mac)

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 29-Oct-2010. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date."

From an e-mail i got this morning.

Sounds interesting! We live in hope. :D

I think SI will either release the date really soon and to be 29th October, or they will have a word with those online shops to hide the release date they may have disclosed to them or to ask them not to announce a date looking official, or something:)

My bet would go to 29th Oct though as it sounds pretty realistic I believe thus I expect a release date at lattest by Monday.

if their project is release on 29th october, they will announce very soon.

I just can't wait to see that one person who finds the bargain pre-order deal for this years installment and shares it all with us like last year, when someone posted that Zavvi were selling Football Manager 2010 at something like 17.99 pre ordered. It really made my year getting such a game at that price....i can't wait!

More New Features For Football Manager 2011

We've been a bit quiet since the press announcement, apart from a bunch of things being announced on the two Football Manager podcasts that have been released since then (they're still available on iTunes for free if you haven't got them yet), but to celebrate the international matches this weekend, I thought it'd be nice to announce something else just before leaving for England v Bulgaria (damn these Friday evening kick offs!).

So, a lucky dip revealed the following....

Press Conference revamp – Not just a new look, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.

It'll be worth checking back on footballmanager.com or the forums over the weekend if you want to know a few more things – to find out when they go live, just follow Sports Interactive on Twitter, or join the official Facebook group at www.facebook.com/officialfootballmanager - there won’t be lots of announcements, but at least one a day. And new screenshots on Tuesday too!

More new features :)

found on the facebook page so i'll just copy and paste exactly what it says :)

As promised yesterday we’ve got another feature to announce for Football Manager 11

Squad registration / squad number split – We’ve separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don’t need to be registered.

Newgen revamp – Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

Just one question i would like to ask about features and i apologise if its been mentioned before ( i did do a quick search on the thred before)

at the start of the season and continuously through the game you get the chance to change the size of the pitch and ask the board to relay the pitch if its in a bad state.

if im managing in russia for cska for example.. and in any other country for that matter, is there an option to ask the board to relay the pitch as a plastic pitch/one of those 3g pitches that are used more abroad ?

thanks in advance!

Hope there's an option to decrease or increase the ratio of the Media questions. Whether there are 10 new questions or 100, it's a finite amount and one I hope isnt tedious like in FM09 and FM10 but it is something that I'd love to do,. So howabout something like the following options:

* ALL (as it is now where you answer all the press conferences)

* CUP (Press Conferences on cup games only (providing they ask you of course)

* LEAGUE (Press Conferences on league games only (providing they ask you)

Or even one which has a sliding scale so you can set a minimum and maximum amount of times you attend one. Of course this wouldnt happen in real life but then again, neither would managing a football team in your bedroom. You have to draw a line somewhere!

Also like the option of setting a maximum number of questions you'r asked.

Hope there's an option to decrease or increase the ratio of the Media questions. Whether there are 10 new questions or 100, it's a finite amount and one I hope isnt tedious like in FM09 and FM10 but it is something that I'd love to do,. So howabout something like the following options:

* ALL (as it is now where you answer all the press conferences)

* CUP (Press Conferences on cup games only (providing they ask you of course)

* LEAGUE (Press Conferences on league games only (providing they ask you)

Or even one which has a sliding scale so you can set a minimum and maximum amount of times you attend one. Of course this wouldnt happen in real life but then again, neither would managing a football team in your bedroom. You have to draw a line somewhere!

Also like the option of setting a maximum number of questions you'r asked.

I don't like it at all TBH. It doesn't happens IRL and so it shouldn't be in the game. There is always an option to send Ass. Man. to do press-conferences for you.

Sorry if this has already been suggested but i would like to be able to look at a players history and see all games and goals for that season and not just league games and goals.

It has been suggested and a lot of us would like to see that implemented too, but I think that SI said that it is a bit hard to implement or they lack information about other games and goals, except the league ones. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong. :)

It has been suggested and a lot of us would like to see that implemented too, but I think that SI said that it is a bit hard to implement or they lack information about other games and goals, except the league ones. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Seems very stange as with the old games you used to be able to see all the past seasons stats. Surely they could find a way

Seems very stange as with the old games you used to be able to see all the past seasons stats. Surely they could find a way

You can see the all the statistic from the current season and onwards, but you can't see those statistics for the previous seasons that are not played in the game. I hope I explained that well and you understood me.

Sorry if this has already been suggested but i would like to be able to look at a players history and see all games and goals for that season and not just league games and goals.

You can click the seasons, if you do that the full stats will show up at the bottom of the screen.

on the editor can we have new improvements please? like:-

-The ability to change the rules for League and Cup tournaments already in existence? Like the ability to take the 25 squad player limit out of the Premier League, the ability to remove the limit of foreigners in a team and the squad rules in the Champions League? Also can we have the ability to edit the qualification procedure for a league to qualify for Europe, like saying top 3 in England + FA Cup winner instead of top 4, can we have that option?

-Also on clubs, I notice when on the editor you change the budgets sometimes they default, like you can't give some clubs a big budget because when you load the game up you get a £400m transfer budget but the balance sheet only shows £20m, so you end up £200-300m in debt when you buy players, and go into administration. Also when you put clubs in really massive debt(like United) it seems to default and they not struggle as much as they should, also there doesn't seem to be enough potential investors in clubs and different ways to do so, ie. it's always the same way(consortium involving former player or director takes over) why can't we have investors buying certain percentages of clubs, leveraged takeovers and rich oil tycoons taking over?

-Also can we have many more top youngsters and re-gens, on FM2010 there's hardly any good ones in the first few seasons.

-Can we also have more options on the kit design front, and can we have official pre-season tournaments that you can get sponsors for and have as an annual event instead of just having to organise an individual one and not being able to have ones like the Barclays in New York or Asia, it's always really silly like go to a mid-table Polish team for a pre-season tournament.

-Also can you improve the randomness of the fixture list? In the FA Cup 3rd Round it's always local derbies and I always start at United away, and can managers have more personality traits, like Mourinho would always be arrogant and talk to the media and make a big issue and sign players like Carvalho and Deco, so can we see AI Managers make statements in public and press conferences that we get to give opinions on, like in the real world managers always get asked about what other managers are doing and about what they've said etc.

I hope you can respond to my ideas, thank you.

Archived