Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there is indeed an "update year", it was last year, as that was the year that SI said they were polishing the game. The biggest of the new features from the past couple of years is coming in this year, so they'll need all the time they can get to make sure it's not bug-ridden.

True, i probably just got my dates wrong. But you can see where im coming from.

Releasing the game earlier shouldnt of really been a problem this year as this years FM (FM11) is just an update versions of the game, so bring it out faster could of happened and if there were any mistakes with transfers, well, thats what patches are for
Your a funny guy. And i pity you

You said that this FM is just an update and yet this FM has the most new features then all of them before. And you say that I'm funny guy and that you pity me?

If there is indeed an "update year", it was last year, as that was the year that SI said they were polishing the game. The biggest of the new features from the past couple of years is coming in this year, so they'll need all the time they can get to make sure it's not bug-ridden.

FM series has go many "big new features" over years, they have never worked properly before last patch. Some of these did not work even after that. Next version solved problem.

It is very like that this feature is buggy on at least release version so why bother?

Your a funny guy. And i pity you

No need to be rude.

True, i probably just got my dates wrong. But you can see where im coming from.

I can, but I don't think they do that anymore tbh. A lots changed since they were bringing out CM, etc, and I don't believe it would be in their best interests from a business perspective to do it now. Sure, we all want the game out as soon as. But I for one would prefer it to be as bug-free as possible, which more time will go towards. :)

FM series has go many "big new features" over years, they have never worked properly before last patch. Some of these did not work even after that. Next version solved problem.

It is very like that this feature is buggy on at least release version so why bother?

That's your opinion, and I assure you it's not one the majority shares. The game worked fine right out of the box for me and many others, and saying "why bother?" isn't helping anyone.

What about you actually wait until the game comes out and you play it and then judge on it?

That's your opinion, and I assure you it's not one the majority shares. The game worked fine right out of the box for me and many others, and saying "why bother?" isn't helping anyone.

So why not say any major upgrade that worked right away? New editor (FM 2007/2010)? Feeder Clubs? Arrowless tactics? Team talks? Scouting?

Try FMEditor on FM 2010 without any patches.

What about you actually wait until the games comes out and you play it and then judge on it?

This is speculation thread, right? And as this has happened 5 times in a row, it is expected that there will be sixth time.

So why not say any major upgrade that worked right away? New editor (FM 2007/2010)? Feeder Clubs? Arrowless tactics? Team talks? Scouting?

This is speculation thread, right? And as this has happened 5 times in a row, it is expected that there will be sixth time.

No, this is not speculation thread. And if it happened 5 times in a row, it doesn't have to mean it will happen for the 6th time.

I have never played a version of FM (07-10) where it has not been fully servicable out of the box. In fact, I didn't even know patches existed until FM10 and therefore was quite happy in my little off-line world, because I wasn't reading through a forum where ten threads a day are created about a non-existant injury bug, or the corner cheat. Basically, if you didn't read these forums, you probably wouldn't have any clue there were any bugs in the game in the first place.

This is speculation thread' date=' right? And as this has happened 5 times in a row, it is expected that there will be sixth time.[/quote']

Yes, but it hasn't. That's the problem in your argument.

I have never played a version of FM (07-10) where it has not been fully servicable out of the box. In fact, I didn't even know patches existed until FM10 and therefore was quite happy in my little off-line world, because I wasn't reading through a forum where ten threads a day are created about a non-existant injury bug, or the corner cheat. Basically, if you didn't read these forums, you probably wouldn't have any clue there were any bugs in the game in the first place.

Perhaps the most entertaining single line ever posted on this forum.

As said before, Try FM 2010 editor without patches. I have encountered several fatal bugs out of the box, many others also. If you want to play like arcade, OK. But many others do not.

Yes, but it hasn't. That's the problem in your argument.

Problem is that anybody here do not have FM 2011 or can comment about it?

As said before, Try FM 2010 editor without patches. I have encountered several fatal bugs out of the box, many others also. If you want to play like arcade, OK. But many others do not.

I have. :rolleyes: Let me repeat myself one more time. There were no bugs that made FM10, out of the box, unplayable for me. Okay? Many more people are happy with the game than unhappy. This means SI have done something right.

If you're saying that because no one has FM11 then no one can comment on it, what are you doing?

Excatly, you don't have FM11, yet you're saying it doesn't have over 500 features, it's buggy etc.

I know, we don't have it too, but surley I'll trust SI when they say that there is 500 new features then you who says there are not? Or do you make the game? Also, we don't have the game just as you, but at least we'll wait until we play it and say is it buggy or not, unlike you who already judges it without the game even being released, let alone you playing it.

I have. :rolleyes: Let me repeat myself one more time. There were no bugs that made FM10, out of the box, unplayable for me. Okay? Many more people are happy with the game than unhappy. This means SI have done something right.

Unplayable to you, fine. But form many others, yes.

IIf you're saying that because no one has FM11 then no one can comment on it, what are you doing?

I meant that those people who has FM 2011 have no permission to comment about it. Those people who do not have it, are just speculating.

Excatly, you don't have FM11, yet you're saying it doesn't have over 500 features, it's buggy etc.

I know, we don't have it too, but surley I'll trust SI when they say that there is 500 new features then you who says there are not? Or do you make the game? Also, we don't have the game just as you, but at least we'll wait until we play it and say is it buggy or not, unlike you who already judges it without the game even being released, let alone you playing it.

Relasing buggy game repeatedly, 5 times in a row, gives good reason to assume next one is also buggy.

I meant that those people who has FM 2011 have no permission to comment about it. Those people who do not have it, are just speculating.

Relasing buggy game repeatedly, 5 times in a row, gives good reason to assume next one is also buggy.

First of all, it wasn't that buggy at all. It was really playable. As second, it doesn't have to mean that it will be buggy at all.

No. It's not unplayable for me. And, for the last time, there are many more people happy with the game than unhappy.

I meant that those people who has FM 2011 have no permission to comment about it. Those people who do not have it' date=' are just speculating.[/quote']

You don't have it either. Therefore you're just speculating too.

Relasing buggy game repeatedly' date=' 5 times in a row, gives good reason to assume next one is also buggy.[/quote']

Oh, good god, we're going round in circles! Look at my previous posts for my answer to that.

No. It's not unplayable for me. And, for the last time, there are many more people happy with the game than unhappy.

But unplayable for those who like to play game more seriously.

You don't have it either. Therefore you're just speculating too.

Did I say I was not speculating?

Oh, good god, we're going round in circles! Look at my previous posts for my answer to that.

History tends to repeat itself. Speculation yes but just guessing that "next FM game is buggy" was correct 5 times out of 5.

History tends to repeat itself. Speculation yes but just guessing that "next FM game is buggy" was correct 5 times out of 5.

And how do you play it more 'serious'?

It was buggy, but none of those bugs were game ruining TBH and TBF.

Nope.

Nope' date=' you're presenting your opinion as fact.

Nope, it wasn't.

And how do you play it more 'serious'?

It was buggy, but none of those bugs were game ruining TBH and TBF.

First I try editor. That never works first place unless it is taken from previous version.

And this "playable" seem to mean that SIGames should not release any pathces to games that fixes bugs because game is playable? Many people here do not share this opinion.

Nope.

No? Then why does SIGames launch pathces to fix bugs if game is playable?

Nope, you're presenting your opinion as fact.

I was not.

Nope, it wasn't.

It was. You are just saying that because you did not need patches, there was nothing seriously wrong on previous versions?

I'm speechless. And out.

First I try editor. That never works first place unless it is taken from previous version.

And this "playable" seem to mean that SIGames should not release any pathces to games that fixes bugs because game is playable? Many people here do not share this opinion.

I was not.

I was. You are just saying that because you did not need patches, there was nothing seriously wrong?

I'm speechless. And out.

Maybe you're not that good at using the Editor? :D

The game is playable out of box, but there were minor bugs, SI release the patches to fix those minor bugs and make the game even more playable and better. There were major bugs in history, but nothing for you to strongly say that FM11 will be really buggy and unplayable.

Funnily enough, playable does not mean bug-free. It means playable, which is why I said it.

I was not.

I'm afraid you are. You keep stating things that others have disagreed with as fact.

It was. You are just saying that because you did not need patches' date=' there was nothing seriously wrong on previous versions?[/quote']

:D No, I'm not. Using your method, history shows that people have bought every edition of FM and will continue to do. Therefore, it must be playable. The number of people who buy FM would not continue to do so if the game was "broken", now would they?

I'm speechless. And out.

Don't worry, GD does that to a lot of people. :D

Releasing the game earlier shouldnt of really been a problem this year as this years FM (FM11) is just an update versions of the game, so bring it out faster could of happened and if there were any mistakes with transfers, well, thats what patches are for

The following ->

I don't think SI use the same system as they used back when they were developing CM. IIRC they did major re-writes for each 'real' sequel CM2, CM3 etc then released updates for those games. Nowadays, they take what they have and simply improve upon it, adding features where they see fit.

FM has only SI in common with CM, however Eidos is not in the game anymore. How can you be sure the strategy you say is related to SI and not Eidos ? In the facts, Eidos is not releasing any CM this year if I am not mistaking. On the other side, we see SI working hard every year in releasing a new FM, with a lot of new features. Ok, FM10 was more a polish one, though it looks so different to the previous versions (to the extent that FM10 has disappointed me), that we can assume there has been loads of work there. IMO I think SI tried something in FM10 and the new polish, to see reactions, because the move was so far from the past (getting rid of tree menus ; adding pages & clicks to do and so on for the same information and only a few new pages - was it worth it ? Well another story). Anyway, even though I am not sure there have been big improvements in FM05/6/7/8 and between 10/11, there are still a few new big features (I agree on the 500, many of them will be small polishments or improving of existing things, which "new" might be a bit strong word), and for FM11 so far it is the DLR (all the other new features are not that big IMO), yet the small new features and improvements are work to do which means the year i needs to release. Would you prefer only a transfer patch ? Personnally I wouldn't and am happy with a few big new features and many improvements. In your case, just don't buy 11, wait for the 12, and update your database for FM10. You could start playing from now, and 2 months before us, lucky.

Like 100 new stadium terrace pictures, 100 new stadium pics, 100 new player animations...

I think that makes 500.

Also, it is totally pointless to make changes that totally ruin the game. Like change player attribute model so that best players have no weaknesses at all. FM 2010 is pure arcade, hope FM 2011 is not.

I kind of agree even though without this forum it is also true that most of the bugs wouldn't be known by all of us. Anyway, the only solution I see would be to release the game every other year. Still, you can never be sure of how long would be necessary to be totally bug free. I think patch strategy is unavoidable. Where I think it could be improved is in doing it a la Blizzard : a Beta released so there are many more good testers (as we saw on this forum many bugs were found by the fans). And also that way you would need only one patch. Also, some would say some of the bugs were apparently too big to be in the box, which if we agree with this is not very acceptable. Again however, it depends if we did have found such bugs without reading the forum and have been annoyed by them to an extent not to be able to play the game. Hard to prove (in your example, was editing the only way you could play the game ?).

this "release date mistery" make me angry: on last years, i usually earn one euro per day from the announcement till the release date, this year i can't do it, because we don't know the release date, and we won't know for weeks. i can't spend a lot of money in a row, but this year i have to do it.

this "release date mistery" make me angry: on last years, i usually earn one euro per day from the announcement till the release date, this year i can't do it, because we don't know the release date, and we won't know for weeks. i can't spend a lot of money in a row, but this year i have to do it.

What are you on about? I assume you are a retailer? In which case you should know better than anyone that software release dates are a fluid thing. They aren't keeping it secret to annoy you and the other moaners in here, its because they don't know. Stop crying.

What are you on about? I assume you are a retailer? In which case you should know better than anyone that software release dates are a fluid thing. They aren't keeping it secret to annoy you and the other moaners in here, its because they don't know. Stop crying.

Sounds like he earns / saves a euro for FM every day. Wierd.

Probably I'm reading it wrong

Still no new info.... I really can't understand the meaning of these podcasts...

They are pretty interesting. A great listen if you are a football fan as that is what the main discussion is about. Also there is feature roulette where you can find out what some of FM11s new features are.

From where have you downloaded it, mate?

iTunes. Took 10 minutes to download. :)

They are pretty interesting. A great listen if you are a football fan as that is what the main discussion is about. Also there is feature roulette where you can find out what some of FM11s new features are.

iTunes. Took 10 minutes to download. :)

Didn't work for me from iTunes mate, but I downloaded it from the other link and listen to it after all. Anyway, thank you, mate. :):thup:

A great listen if you are an ENGLISH football fan as that is all they talk about in there... the ins and outs of English football with a little La Liga sprinkled in there. For those of us who are not English/not obsessed with the Premier league it actually becomes quite a chore to listen to when all you want to hear is them talk about the upcoming Football Manager game but instead have to sit through endless chatter about Watford and Charlton.

I do understand the passion, as they are all English. I would expect nothing less and actually enjoy some of the banter. However, imagine if all you wanted was to hear discussions on the upcomming FM game and instead you are treated to a group of Russians going on and on about this Russian club and that Russian player who was transfered to this Russian club for this amount..... you get the idea. Great if you are Russian. Not so much for the rest of us.

You are probably right. I do however cringe when they try to talk about anything other than English football as they clearly know nothing about it, have nothing nice to say and arent in any way interested anyway...... so I just enjoy the chat for what it is.

A great listen if you are an ENGLISH football fan as that is all they talk about in there... the ins and outs of English football with a little La Liga sprinkled in there. For those of us who are not English/not obsessed with the Premier league it actually becomes quite a chore to listen to when all you want to hear is them talk about the upcoming Football Manager game but instead have to sit through endless chatter about Watford and Charlton.

I do understand the passion, as they are all English. I would expect nothing less and actually enjoy some of the banter. However, imagine if all you wanted was to hear discussions on the upcomming FM game and instead you are treated to a group of Russians going on and on about this Russian club and that Russian player who was transfered to this Russian club for this amount..... you get the idea. Great if you are Russian. Not so much for the rest of us.

I see your point mate. Just don't listen to them, but check the podcast thread as people post up all the new features announced in the podcasts. :thup:

I see your point mate. Just don't listen to them, but check the podcast thread as people post up all the new features announced in the podcasts. :thup:

That's one way, sure. But it's painful and not good for the community. I don't want to carefully listen to a podcast in order to catch a new feature amidst all the drivel.

Why not offer concrete information, little by little, so we know where we stand with the game? Pretty sad state of affairs in my opinion.

@englandmanager: I'm hoping that the editor is far more robust and that each file isn't limited to one set of nation rules. Basically, I want the hidden advanced panel un-hidden and fully supported. That, plus the list I've seen (i.e. editing/creating continental competitions) would mean I'm buying it right away. :-)

Surely we will hear something about the release date this week?! :(

I want to book time off work :D

Unless I have been asleep for a month and it's now mid-October rather than mid-September we won't be hearing anything.

And that assumes a 29 Oct release, the way I read the noises coming out of SI, they might be thinking of going even beyond that.

When is the demo realesement?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/225116-FM2011-Demo-Release-Date-What-Team-Should-I-Be-Computer-Advice

Unless I have been asleep for a month and it's now mid-October rather than mid-September we won't be hearing anything.

And that assumes a 29 Oct release, the way I read the noises coming out of SI, they might be thinking of going even beyond that.

TBH and TBF I'm fine as long as it's out before December.

Archived