Group G - Ivory Coast vs Portugal - ITV1 @ 15:00

gillsminnow

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has been a very slow start to this World Cup all things considered. Had high hopes for this one and again let down really.. All the games it looks like they've been playing on ice, ball skids when it lands. Who was Cloughy referring to in that quote cms?

Has been a very slow start to this World Cup all things considered. Had high hopes for this one and again let down really.. All the games it looks like they've been playing on ice, ball skids when it lands. Who was Cloughy referring to in that quote cms?

Probably been said before but the relatively poor first round of games have, I think, been down to teams not wanting to lose their opener. Once the second round of games get underway it should be more open (fingers crossed).

It's quite depressing to realise how little football is geared towards impressing the fans sometimes. Without us you don't have a job ffs.

It's that the actual fans of a team prefer winning (or not losing for that matter) to being entertained.

It's that the actual fans of a team prefer winning (or not losing for that matter) to being entertained.

I suppose but sometimes think they don't think about the fans whatsoever and in fairness without us as I said they wouldn't have a job.

Massive let down this match. Hopefully Brazil will be more entertaining.

Good luck with that :D, Brazil is a very boring team, with very little creativity, so don't expect to be entertained by them.

Is it? Be stupendously hot or high or summat then. I'm all for just playing them all in Europe and to hell with everyone else :)

If it was to be like this, I would rather have the rest of the world leave the WC and play a separate WC without any Euro teams.

And Brazil's temperatures will be fine (it will be winter here), you guys in Europe should stop being sissies about this kind of thing. :D

FT 0-0

Great result for...Brazil, now a simple 1-0 victory against NK will be good enough for Brazil to lead the group.

Good luck with that :D, Brazil is a very boring team, with very little creativity, so don't expect to be entertained by them.

If it was to be like this, I would rather have the rest of the world leave the WC and play a separate WC without any Euro teams.

And Brazil's temperatures will be fine (it will be winter here), you guys in Europe should stop being sissies about this kind of thing. :D

I know, I was just mithering for the sake of it, probably be a good WC in Brazil, Japan/SK was good to be honest. Though the Euros are usually much better than any other international tournament so you may have a point ;)

Well I'm sure N. Korea will give them plenty of room to enjoy themselves unless the threat of being pistol whipped lights a fire under the Koreans. :)

Meh, try playing in sub-zero temps on a half frozen pitch. :p (Actually under soil heating prevents that now but whatever).

I know, I was just mithering for the sake of it, probably be a good WC in Brazil, Japan/SK was good to be honest. Though the Euros are usually much better than any other international tournament so you may have a point ;)

The Euros are normally pretty boring to be honest, although the last one was good.

Copa América is a much more entertaining tournament IMO.

Archived