FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Jobnik - Great season, always good to win the division overall, like being the best team out of 80. :)

Ohanzee - Well done on the World Club Cup win, and that must be one of the shortest international managerial reigns of all time, try one of the smaller nations if you feel up to it. ;)

I was going to say if I complete the challenge I will take over one of the newly promoted teams again, there are hundreds of Tercera sides so there will always be brand new teams coming up.

Finished another season, and let me say it was another nail biter and after last season as well we're certainly the kings of drama. :eek:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berty1978- Hope it finished on a positive note this time . . .

Edit: I was sure I was going to get my pro status back as soon as I went up, but this is not the case. Now I have trouble signing any quality players, and am basically left with the same squd.

Ohanzee - that's some brief international job!! :D i have noticed on the game that nations seem to be quite trigger happy though. congrats on another CL win. good to see Ferri perform on the top stage.

Jobnik - that's tough with the semi-pro status. do you think you can survive with the same squad?

Berty - looking forward to the season review

PRDH - that's rough going. chairman sounds like a right pain. looking forward to your anger-fuelled season review ;)

SC Preußen Münster

Predicted finish - 4th

Actual finish - 3rd - League table

Transfers

Was quite an interesting season, we had a poor start but got better as the season progressed but lost our way a little near the end. Inconsistency marked the season :thdn: But overall, I'm happy with 3rd and a chance to play in the Champions league again next year.

Our biggest achievement this season was probably coming third in the Champions League group containing Roma, Celtic and Porto. We were unlucky though, as we finished 3rd in the group inspite of having the same points and better GD than Porto, who finished second.

Having qualified into the Euro Cup, we destroyed Le Mans 7-3 in the first knockout round, but Ajax were too good for us in the next round, as they went through 2-1 despite a creditable 1-1 draw at Amsterdam.

Euro Cup Final

Champions League final

Awards:

German footballer of the year

German goalkeeper of the year

Manager of the year

Season        Division        Position       Achievements

2010-2011    Third Division      1st          Promotion
2011-2012    Second Division     3rd          Promotion via Playoffs
2012-2013    First Division      12th          -
2013-2014    First Division      3rd           -
2014-2015    First Division      3rd           -

Onwards and Upwards :thup:

Good Luck everyone over the weekend I am off to Christchurch, will see you on my Sunday most likely, everyone go out there and show the opposition what you are made of.

Afyonkarahisarspors have gone from 0-0-2 to 2-1-2 in the league with 3-1, 2-0 & 2-2 results in the league to now sit 8th. Also a 3-1 victory in the Turkish Cup, we have definitely shown up and Ufuk & his striking partners are teaming up well now.

2013/14 Pájara Playas End of Season Update

7885612.gif

Pájara Playas' fight to stay up

Roundup :

It's so tough going up a league and the game changing from winning nearly every game to only winning one in three ! The Liga Adelante was tough work for my part-timers. After a dream start that got us soaring up to a season high of 6th in the league we slumped from one defeat to another and dropped down the league. Some improvement toward the end of the season saw us get back to winning ways on occassion and we safely stayed clear of relegation finishing 17th.

Graph

Transfers :

Loads of new lads signed for free this season, the highlights of which are

WB - Merik Gunok

DM - Jose Carlos, long term replacement for Diakite

AML - Jerome Weikl, really like the look of this guy

STR - Evaristo

STR - Albino Graca

My scouts were also sent to England and came back with some interesting reports. The two screenshots show how different the opinions of two scouts can be.

Prada - Lopez

The result of their search was me signing an England contingent for my squad

CB - Stuart Mackie

CB - Sam Martin

AMR - Paul Wright

STR - Ben Howell

It might take a while for them to come good but hopefully they'll enjoy growing up in Spain together.

Finances :

Being semi-pro really helps with the money ! As you can see we turned over the £3M loan for the stadium expansion and then some, finishing the season out of debt. That was the really unexpected part this year. Am worried what will happen if we go pro again as I'm sure it will put a big dent in the £4M we made over the season this time round.

Aim next season :

Any kind of improvement on this one

Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2010-2011    Pájara Playas 2nd Division B1              10th  Club £1M in debt,
                                                             Became Semi-Pro
2011-2012    Pájara Playas 2nd Division B1               6th  Cleared club debt
2012-2013    Pájara Playas 2nd Division B1               1st  Promotion, 
						      Club £3M in debt (+2900 seats)
2013-2014    Pájara Playas Liga Adelante                17th  Cleared club debt

2013/2014 Angri Calcio End of Season Review

AngriCalcio.png

Media Prediction: 10th

Actual Position: 1st!

All in all this season has surpassed all my expectations, as i was able to pick up 3 pieces of silverware, the league, the Serie C Cup, and the Italian C1 Super Cup!!

Was also voted Manager of The Year

I think one of the key elements to the success this year was far less change, in terms of personnel in the team. Overall there were only 3 players brought in, but the onus was more on the bedding in of the players who had come in at various points the previous year. And one of those players ended up being voted Fans Player of The Year, Daniel Kome

Other notable players this year were:

Robert Feczesin - top scorer, with 22 goals, but suffered a broken leg in the Serie C Cup semi, so missed the run-in...which left a lot of the responsibility to...

Diego Ripamonti and he came through brilliantly, scoring 17 goals in his first full season. Not only that but his ratings have improved quite a bit in the space of the season. i have a feeling if i can hold onto him for the duration of my game, he will be my star man in a few years time...altho, i have already had a bit of interest from other clubs, namely co-ownership offers from Bari and Udinese, may struggle if my finances dont improve...

Beto managed to snap this youngster up on a free, has dual nationality, and along with Nikolic formed my CB pairing for the majority of the season. another one to try and build the team around if i can hold onto him i think

Adrian Gutierrez released by Valladolid, another free transfer who became the foil for Tranchinas more attacking approach. relied upon to sit back and clear things up, and did the job well

Ricardo Sousa Portugese U-21 International GK, but has struggled to topple my first choice Andrea Conti, and has been attracting a bit of interest, so i may have to cash-in on his talent. unfortunate really

Average Attendance: 3641 (up from 3079)

For the season going forward, all i can really hope for is consolidation until the clubs finances begin to turn a corner. Currently 540k in the red, but have just been told i'll receive 1.5 million from TV rights in the forthcoming season, so fingers crossed this season will help me begin the development of the club in other areas (Fairly Basic Training Facilities/Basic Youth Facility/no corporate facilities :thdn:)

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Serie C2/C      14th           Avoided relegation in Playout
2011/2012       Serie C2/C      5th            Promoted via Playoff
2012/2013       Serie C1/B      6th             
2013/2014       Serie C1/B      1st            Champions, Serie C Cup Winner, Italian C1 Super Cup

lol on a completely separate note, Brazil have now slipped to rank 41st in the world, due to their inability to win anything since my game began. England, on the other hand, are 2nd behind Argentina, having won the World Cup in 2010

and Italy have just won the 2014 World Cup, beating France 3-2 in the final

Gilbster - 2030/31 Elgin City End of Season Update

Table

Pretty dismal season. Made it to the knockout round of the EURO Cup to be knocked out by a dutch side. Really not sure whats going wrong with Elgin at the moment.

We need to desperately sign some goal keepers this season, since my back up left last season, and my first choice is leaving on a bosman shortly. My scouts aren't finding Premier Division goalies that I can afford so not really sure what to do, as thats the 1 position I have to play with!

On the plus side Scotland have moved up the co-efficients list enough, that we have an extra EURO Cup spot, so by a miracle I will still be in Europe next season. Just need to replace a fair bit of the squad yet again by the start of the season.

Career So Far

Season    Division           Position    Points     Achievements
2010/11   Third Division     3rd         59         Lost in playoff semi final
2011/12   Third Division     1st         77         Winner
2012/13   Second Division    4th         56         Promoted from Playoffs
2013/14   First Division     1st         72         Winner. Challenge Cup Winner
2014/15   Premier Division   12th        34         Relegated
2015/16   First Division     2nd         67
2016/17   First Division     2nd         60
2017/18   First Division     1st         67         Winner
2018/19   Premier Division   7th         49         
2019/20   Premier Division   7th         47
2020/21   Premier Division   8th         47
2021/22   Premier Division   7th         54         Scottish Cup Winner
2022/23   Premier Division   4th         69         Scottish Cup Runners Up. Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rd.
2023/24   Premier Division   1st         75         Champions!  Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rd.
2024/25   Premier Divison    6th         52         
2025/26   Premier Division   7th         53         League Cup Runners Up
2026/27   Premier Division   2nd         79         Runners Up - League and Scottish Cup
2027/28   Premier Division   3rd         69         Champions League 1st Knockout Rd
2028/29   Premier Division   3rd         64         Scottish Cup Winners. League Cup Runners Up. Euro Cup Quarter Finals.
2029/30   Premier Division   4th         66         
2030/31   Premier Divsion    5th         61         Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rd.

WTF? I just received this message, and this is after the board sold the player without asking me.

it is a little annoying yes, although i have yet to really see any opinion the fans have, be it signings or match performances really matter to my job security in any real way, so i tend to ignore them to an extent!! :D

el sid - Nice first season in Europe. Good luck next year.

TanO - Congrats on staying up. Hard part done, good luck next year.

G-Wiz - Congrats on promotion, well done. Good luck in (is it?) Serie B.

Jobnik - Yea I hate that part to, to many news messages make no sense at all. Like every match you lose to a super team the fans hate it no matter how well you played, but if you draw against teams you should beat they are delighted :p

Gilbster - Good luck next year. Surely Elgin must take the step up soon. :)

I'm not sure what to do to be honest. Not to keen on starting in the bottom of Spain again, with that horrible promotion playoff system. Won't have time to do anything today anyways. I'll try to get a review of the last season up tomorrow though.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm sure the fan nonsense will be addressed in the next patch, masses of people have complained about it. It seems to be nothing more than window-dressing though.

My new assistant seems slightly eccentric. After a stinker of a first half away to Furth, where we were lucky to go in only one down, he suggested I tell them I was pleased.

Nearly a third of the season gone and we're hovering just above the relegation zone, though I'm sure we can get higher.

G-Wiz - Congrats on promotion, well done. Good luck in (is it?) Serie B.

yeah just realised i never actually stated what league i was going into, now in Serie B, and the leap in terms of quality is quite significant...this year survival will be a massive feat me thinks

and i've just noticed that Luis Figo is chairman of Inter Milan!!

That is awesome!

We nearly made the 4th round of the Copa del Rey but just lost 2-1 to recently relegated Tenerife at home. Thought we'd do it but got sucker-punched and lost. League's been a mixed bag so far, we have a record of 3-3-3, no great shakes and certainly not promotion form :(

This is shaping up to be 'one of those seasons' I'm afraid. Look dead certs for midtable and this is after only 12 games :rolleyes:. We're now in a position to consistently beat teams below us but just not good enough to beat the top teams. Its going to be a case of slow and steady steps (as always!).

In better news our youth facilities are now 'adequate'. Still no youth academy but I've put in another request and they've complied \o/

Nice G-Wiz. I've been fortunate to be in a position where nothing drained our finances. Our stadium was small and cheap to run, the facilities were awful and the wage bill was tiny. It meant I've pretty much always been in the black.

Changed my tactics slightly from very fluid to rigid and we just destroyed 6th placed Granada 5-0 at home. A Merola hattrick nonetheless :cool:

Liverpool boss Krasimir Balakov just watched my game against Marbella to keep a closer eye on Axel Elgh! How random! To be fair Axel has scored a few goals and is quick and just 19 so the potential is there, I just didn't realise how much potential he has :cool:

6 games to go and I'm still in the thick of the promotion battle in the Liga Vitalis but there's a problem... I organised some friendlies over the international break to keep the players sharp (no league fixture for 18 days otherwise) and let my ass man take control. Both friendlies were won but now all the players are unhappy about my lack of credit in team talks! :mad: I hope this doesn't affect our league form.

Really annoying though that people have had this problem for a couple of years on FM now and it's not been fixed. I'd be fine with it if they were unhappy with the ass man but why me? And why to the extent that the board's monthly review criticises me for lack of harmony and key players are talking to the press about dressing room problems?

So, that post I made a few weeks ago about continuing with FM09 and my Univ. Oviedo game, well, guess what have arrived thru the post a couple of days ago? :rolleyes:

Played on a bit but it was not really enjoyable any more and it seems that FM10 is better and faster as well...

Obviously my first game will be in this challenge.

Undecided between France and Italy for the moment. Will load up France and if an interesting team comes up will take them, otherwise Italy it shall be.

Just one question: do I need to load up the CFA divisions? If I do, then if I understand correctly, reloading before the reset date will make no difference to the teams promoted as it will be based upon "real" results so the same teams will always come up. I will probably do several reloads to have a wider choice of teams. Hence, to have avoid holidaying thru a whole season each time it is better to choose the National Division as the lowest, no? This is what I was planning to do...

It's getting close to the end of the season now... We're still in 2nd (top two go up), 1 point behind the leaders and 5 clear of 3rd. Only one home game left but our two away games are against already relegated Atletico CP and Beira Mar, 2nd from bottom. We can do this!

Quick 1/4 season update

Well, the season started quite bad, but i'm feeling the squd is getting acclimated to Liga Adelante. After winning just 1 of my first 9 games, i've now won 2 in a row, with the more notable of the victories being away to league leaders Deportivo La Coruna.

I'm now 18th, and I hope the direction is up, although I find it very hard to believe I have a chance to get anywhere near the promotion spots.

Two of my players have been on fire this season, leading the goalscorers and assists tables.

Goran Maric has scored 11 goals in the first 11 matches, of which most came from assists by Pedro Mosquera.

Hope they keep it up :)

Sport Benfica e Castelo Branco – 2014/15 Season Review

1487.png

Liga Vitalis 2nd (PROMOTED)

Portuguese Cup 4th Round

League Cup 2nd Round

Like the other players taking on the challenge in Portugal, I found the step up from the 2nd Division to the Liga Vitalis to be a small one. A great start to the season saw us rise to the top early on and we never looked back, only dropping outside the top two promotion spots on a couple of ocassions. Fatima were the only team to consistently challenge us and on the last day of the season, we were two points ahead of them. As they had the better of the head-to-head results, we needed to match their result to win the title. We had a cracker of match with Beira Mar that finished 2-2. ıt looked like that would be enough as Fatima were being held 1-1. However, they scored two late goals to move above us. We hit the bar in injury time too as the title slipped out of our grasp. No complaints though as promotion was more than we had expected at the start of the season anyway.

In the cup, we also claimed our first giant-killing with a 3rd round win over Liga Sagres side Leixões. Alas the tables were turned on us in the next round as we lost out to 2nd Division side Chaves on penalites.

An easy two-legged victory over Varizm earned us a spot in the League Cup 2nd Round. In our round-robin group, we drew both games including an impressive home performance against Liga Sagres boys Nacional de Madeira, which we were unlucky not to win.

Best match of the season: B.C. Branco 4, Espinho 0 – the game that earned us promotion. Some of my players had expressed concerns about media attention efore the game but they pulled thmesleves together to put on an impressive performance to send us to the top flight.

Key Players:

Samir (DR) – another consistent season at the back saw Samir clock up his 100th league appearance for the club. He’s been loyal but now it’s decision time as my coaches say he just isn’t good enough for the Liga Sagres.

Guiseppe Ferraro (DC) – as always, a rock at the back and popped up at the other end to score some key goals on the promotion run-in.

Massimo Galli (DL) – getting better and better and will be a key player next season.

Oscar Costa (MC) – another of the first wave of Italians brought in. Took the main role in midfield despite a few injuries.

Luca Elia (ST) – I signed this one with the future in mind but he turned out to be our most consistent attacker and soon pushed the older established strikers out of the team.

Awards:

Fans’ Player of the Year – Massimo Galli

Liga Vitalis Team of the Year – Guiseppe Ferraro & Massimo Galli

Liga Vitalis Young Player of the Year – Luca Elia (2nd) & Carmine Ricci (3rd)

Liga Vitalis Most Man of the Match Awards – Guiseppe Ferraro (2nd)

November 2014 Liga Vitalis Player of the Month – Massimo Galli (1st) & Luca Elia (3rd)

August 2014 Liga Vitalis Manager of the Month – David Dodgson (1st)

Liga Vitalis Manager of the Year – David Dodgson (2nd)

Most Improved Team of the Year – B.C. Branco (1st)

The Season Ahead (Aims):

• Survive.
  • Improve finances.
  • Bring in a new right back, wingers and strikers.

[font=Courier New][size=2][b][u]Season[/u]   [u]Division[/u]     [u]Pos.[/u]  [u]Cup[/u]   [u]L.Cup[/u]  [u]Europe[/u]  [u]Other[/u][/b]
2010-11  2nd(Central) 1st   3rdR  N/A    N/A     3rd in promotion play-off
2011-12  2nd(North)   2nd   2ndR  N/A    N/A     -[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]2012-13  2nd(North)   3rd   3rdR  N/A    N/A     -[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]2013-14  2nd(North)   1st   1stR  N/A    N/A     Promoted via play-offs[/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
2014-15  Liga Vitalis 2nd   4thR  2ndR   N/A     Promoted[/size][/font]

Thanks guys. :thup:

Galli is top notch, isn't he? I had the chance to sign a Brazilian left-back, Ricardinho, for a decent wage but turned it down as it would take someone special to oush Galli out of the team.

It seems there are good players available but they are out of my price range atm. I'm trying to sell some reserves to see what funds I can bring in... Some good financial news though - I got a new sponsorship deal of 375k a year, which has put the team in the black for the first time since I took over! :cool:

EDIT: Looks like this will be tough... Free agents now want at least 1k p/w (my top earner last season got 450 pounds!) and my existing players are asking for new contracts with wages 5 or 6 times higher than their current deals. :eek: The start of the season is 10 days away and I've only managed two signings so far.

Speaking of the start of the season, my first three games are:

Vit. Setubal (h)

Benfica (a)

Sporting CP (h)

:eek:

A.D.Cerro Reyes 2010/2011

League - A fine first season for Cerro Reyes.

Federation Cup – Lost in 2nd round against Universidad LP.

Key Players –

Jabuti: Had a fantastic season scoring a massive 41 goals in 33 apps. His highlight of the season is his perfect 10.0 in a match where he scored 5 goals. He also made it into the Favoured Personnel page along with GK Pascal Elissalde.

Fernando Pierucci: Was on fire from the AMC role helping the team with a fantastic 23 assist, he just keept feeding Jabuti with goals.

Awards –

Player Awards: Top Goalscorer

Team Awards: None

Aims For Next Season –

Shall i dare too say it? Promotion.

Other New – Signed a new 3 year contract.

bjoggi - as said Jabuti was amazing for you. I can't believe you scored that many and finished as low as 13th. Improve that defence and you'll make the playoffs at least imo.

EDIT: We've played 28 games now and have a 12-9-7 record leaving us in 8th and 7 points off the promotion places. There's a chance we could catch the leaders if we're lucky. We have 14 games still to go, so anything's possible.

Archived