FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Just played our home game against Bayern Munchen. Won 3-2. We where 3-0 up at half-time. I've said it so many times, but I have to repeat it. I simply hate how much team talks mean in this game. No matter what you say at half time with a 3-0 lead you're gonna play like a bag of stones in the second :(

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha that's great Ohanzee!! Love to the big dogs fall :D

DodgeeD - excellent news, now go and build for the Liga Vitalis!

We've started really well. Beat Alaves away and drew with Numancia 0-0 away as well in the league. So two good results early on against two of the strongest sides in the division. In the Copa del Rey we went to Celta Vigo and won 2-1 as well. So far so good for the new look Castillo :)

EDIT: Damn. The draw at Numancia has come at a cost though. Merola and Carioca have both strained knee ligaments and will be out for 6/7 weeks :(

Means we need a big 2 months from the others now as that's two of our main men out

Nice start iacovone! Keep it up :)

That seem to happen to a few people this year Jobnik, dunno why. We started as semi-pro so never got it here.

We beat Bayern Munich 3-1 away so we're through. Who's next? Porto of course :rolleyes: So far we've won 1 and lost 3 against them. Although we did go through against them last year in the EURO Cup with 1 win and 1 loss.

Its the best chance to beat Porto now Ohanzee! What round is it?

Bad luck with that Jobnik. I was fortunate to start as semi-pro and have since moved to pro. It makes a huge difference once you take that step. The calibre of player interested in a semi-pro club is pretty weak and its a real grind to find players that will improve your squad. Good luck!

It's the quarter final iacovone. Still a couple of league games first. Barcelona are breathing down our neck. We're 23-3-2 (75-19 G.D.) in the league. We should be miles a head, but they're only 5p behind. We tied in the games against each other as well (both of us won 1-0 at home), so if we end up on equal points this year it'll be goal difference, where we are miles better.

Say hello too the new Manager of A.D. Cerro Reyes.

Manager Profile.

Hello!! Good luck :thup:

It's the quarter final iacovone. Still a couple of league games first. Barcelona are breathing down our neck. We're 23-3-2 (75-19 G.D.) in the league. We should be miles a head, but they're only 5p behind. We tied in the games against each other as well (both of us won 1-0 at home), so if we end up on equal points this year it'll be goal difference, where we are miles better.

Wow phenomenal record in the league! Should have that sown up soon enough! I feel like this could be your year Ohanzee. Fingers crossed!

Sport Benfica e Castelo Branco – 2013/14 Season Review

1487.png

2nd Division North 1st

Promotion Play-Off 2nd* (PROMOTED!)

Portuguese Cup – 1st Round

After getting nowhere near last season, a completely different story as we won the league with ease. During the first half of the season, Infesta were breathing down our necks, never more than 2 points behind and also unbeaten. That all changed when we beat them away to open up a gap and we never looked back. Aves and Chaves came within a few points of us but never threatened as we secured the title with 2 games to spare.

In the play-offs, we started with a bang, smashing Camacha (2nd Division Central Champs) 5-0. We then had two away games, outperforming E. Amadora (2nd Division South Champs), only to come away with a 1-1 draw due to a goalkeeping blunder, and beating Camacha to secure promotion. The final game with E. Amadora finished 1-1, this time a reverse as they outplayed us and we got a point with a defelcted goal.

* I’m not sure why we are listed as 2nd here because both games with E. Amadora finished 1-1 and we had a better goal difference. :confused:

The only blip in an otherwise great season was an early exit from the cup, where we had the misfortne to be drawn against a fellow 2nd Diviison side.

Best match of the season: Chaves 0, B.C. Branco 4 – a bit of a 6-pointer as Chaves could have closed the gap on us with a win. We played a great game of counter-attacking football and they collapsed after two early goals. In the end, the win put us well on the way to the title and ruled Chaves out of the race.

Turning point of the season: Infesta 0, B.C. Branco 3 – before this game, Infesta had only conceded 5 goals in 16 games and had kept 7 consecutive clean sheets. A win would have put them above us at the top but we produced a fine display to rip their solid defence to shreds and open a gap at the top. Infesta mever recovered from this and subsequently went on a 6 ame winless run to drop out of the title race altogether.

Key Players:

Guiseppe Ferraro (DC) – asked to leave last summer but soon relented and signed a new deal. Solid at the back and always first to the rebound on corners!

Massimo Galli (DL) – turning into a fine attacking full back and fualtless from the penalty spot.

Gerardo (MR) – a new signing last summer, he really made a difference with some great performances on the right.

Marquinho (ST) – 16 goals this season as he reformed a formidable partnership with...

Adriano (ST) – fewer injury problems this year meant a return to form as he again finished topscorer with 17 goals.

Awards:

Fans’ Player of the Year – Massimo Galli

2nd Division Team of the Year – Guiseppe Ferraro & Massimo Galli

2nd Division Young Player of the Year – Massimo Galli

January 2014 2nd Division Player of the Month – Adriano

November 2013 2nd Division Manager of the Month – David Dodgson

May 2014 2nd Division Manager of the Month – David Dodgson

2nd Division Manager of the Year – David Dodgson

The Season Ahead (Aims):

• Survive.
  • Improve finances.

The Story So Far...

[font=Courier New][b]Season   Division      Pos.   Cup   L.Cup   Europe  Other[/b]
2010-11  2nd(Central)  1st    3rdR  N/A     N/A     3rd in promotion play-off
2011-12  2nd(North)    2nd    2ndR  N/A     N/A     -
2012-13  2nd(North)    3rd    3rdR  N/A     N/A     -
2013-14  2nd(North)    1st    1stR  N/A     N/A     Promoted via play-offs[/font]

Great round up DodgeeD :thup:

Really like the look of Galli, top quality defender for the level you're at.

Cheers iacovone. :thup: I couldn't believe my luck when I signed Galli and I also can't believe he has stayed for three seasons without any hint of asking to go to a bigger club! I dream of him starting for us in the Champions League final somewhere down the line. :D

Followed it up with a 1-1 draw away to Espanyol (even though we dominated), putting Barcelona just 1p behind us now. And then we beat Porto 1-0 at home, completely dominating again.

We got Arsenal in the semi-finals. They have some amazing players (no surprise with the best scouts in the game). Including some non-regen like super Mario Balotelli, Steven Defour and of course Fabregas. We start at home, which I hate. Will need another performance like the one away to Porto.

(edit) Filippo Ferri just scored his 40th goal this season hitting a hat-trick at home to Real Betis.

Make sure you win that league Ohanzee! Good luck against Arsenal, they were always tough to beat on my Savona file. Hate them naturally of course (being a Spurs fan), so please beat them :D

Filippo Ferri confirming again that he should be considered a thread legend!

So frustrating we started the season so well but have 4 key players out injured and just no replacements available. So despite an unbeaten first 7 games we've since lost our last 3 including a loss to Castellon in the 3rd round of the Copa del Rey :(

EDIT: In better news our training and youth facilities are now officially improved. They've gone from adequate and very basic to average and basic :rolleyes:. Still no youth academy :thdn:

iacovone - We won the league last year already, but we're in the driving seat still. Barcelona drew with At. Madrid so we're 3p clear again.

Here's the first game against Arsenal (Calzado injured, Petrenko suspended). Very tight match with zero clear cut chances to either team. Very happy with the result. Long range free kick by Estevez and a long shot from a bad angle by Ramon. Really glad we didn't give away a goal.

With a bit of luck we can actually do this. I'm not sure I wanna win it already, it would be the end of the challenge. However I don't really feel like we can improve much on our first team. I got exactly the kind of players I want already. Any improvements would either cost £40M+ or need 1-2 seasons to train up to that quality. If we can avoid injuries (to Ferri mainly), and get a bit of luck, we can do it.

(edit) Anyone else noticing that the team you play against make substitutes at half time very often? Every time we're in the lead at half time I go to opposition instructions and see 2-3 subs from them already.

well done Ohanzee!! Marseille isn't the hardest of draws.... however, i can understand what you were saying about not wanting to complete...

As for Venezia, it may be premature but i'm beginning to get excited by the coming season... we've made some good signings...... in my opinion of course!!

iacovone - We won the league last year already, but we're in the driving seat still. Barcelona drew with At. Madrid so we're 3p clear again.

Here's the first game against Arsenal (Calzado injured, Petrenko suspended). Very tight match with zero clear cut chances to either team. Very happy with the result. Long range free kick by Estevez and a long shot from a bad angle by Ramon. Really glad we didn't give away a goal.

With a bit of luck we can actually do this. I'm not sure I wanna win it already, it would be the end of the challenge. However I don't really feel like we can improve much on our first team. I got exactly the kind of players I want already. Any improvements would either cost £40M+ or need 1-2 seasons to train up to that quality. If we can avoid injuries (to Ferri mainly), and get a bit of luck, we can do it.

(edit) Anyone else noticing that the team you play against make substitutes at half time very often? Every time we're in the lead at half time I go to opposition instructions and see 2-3 subs from them already.

I did know you won the league last year but I meant it'd be good to win it back to back ;)

Great first leg result against the scum (:p), I expect you'll make the final now. I know what you mean about completing it too soon, I like my slow progress :D. Will you carry on with Noja if you do complete it?

fingers crossed for you Ohanzee... hopefully you can turn it atound iacovone....

Consider it turned around! 2-1 win over Cordoba at home get us back up the league. We're 4th now \o/

Nailbiting match away to Arsenal as they scored after just 3' minutes. No more goals until 90+3. And it was our Petrenko getting it. As if that wasn't enough Vlceck made it 2-1 after 90+5. Very lucky, but we deserved something from the match I feel, and we're in the final against Olympique de Marseille.

\o/

Awesome! I expect a win over Marseille and of course a key highlights play by play post :)

Good luck rlipscombe, lets see some of those signings :D

We just beat Almeria 6-0 in the league. Great. Although it came at a big big cost :( Filippo Ferri broke his foot :( He's out for 4 months. We have other goal scorers (19 different so far this season), but we could have used him in the final :(

Champions League final, Lluis Companys, Barcelona

S.D Noja - Olympique de Marseille

There's a 49,000 crowd tonight to watch this Champions League final between S.D. Noja and Olympique de Marseille. (Weird place to hold the final? Found a bit of info on the stadium, click the name above to get to the wiki).

Marseille have a full strength squad ready for the game with no injuries or suspensions.

S.D. Noja are of course without their main goal scorer Filippo Ferri. Carmelo Bianchi will try to fill his shoes up front.

First Half

1' Only 30 seconds into the match and left winger Vlcek (Noja) gets a shot away from just outside the box. It doesn't hit the target.

5' Bianchi floats out to the wing and picks up a pass. He puts a cross in and Calzado gets a free header from 5 yards out. Brilliant save by Mandanada.

15' Bianchi is through on goal, all alone. Another brilliant save by Mandanada!! Would Ferri have scored?

20' Brilliant pass out to the right wing and Ribeiro can put a cross in, it finds the head of Vlcek, but he can't put it on target.

24' A defensive error puts Bianchi through on goal again. But again Mandanada makes an incredible save. Bianchi is holding his head. He knows his manager will be furious.

31' Great passing move from Noja finds Pardini through on goal. Another save by Mandanada, but it wouldn't have counted anyways. Offside given.

40' A corner is swung in by Calzado. It finds Petrenko on the far post. His header hits the post. Big chance.

45+1' Noja keep the pressure on after another corner. In the end the ball finds Ramon just inside the box. Good shooting chance, but he can't bury it.

Half Time

Noja are completely dominating this game. Marseille have hardly had a shot. If they can keep this up surely the goal must come. (I'm telling my players I "sympathize" with them, cause we should have scored. Ribeiro got injured in the first half and our Spanish striker Marquez is now playing up front with Bianchi on the right. We can do this!)

Second Half

46' Ramon with a shot from just outside the box. Not even hitting the target.

57' Marseille get their first real chance of the match on a corner kick. Their player (sorry, I didn't catch his name, they're mostly unknown to me) gets a free header from just 5 yards, but Stella saves it!

60' Play is moving back and forth now. Both teams trying to find an opening.

62' GOAL NOJA!! Marseilles Ronaldo is through on goal but is caught up with by the Noja central defenders. Noja go straight in attack and the ball finds Pardini on the edge of the box. The Italian midfielder hammers the ball into the back of the net from 18 yards.

70' Corner for Noja reaches Petrenko on the far post, but the whistle is blown. Jarno Schreuder have pushed someone! It's a penalty for Noja!!

71' GOAL NOJA! Petrenko steps up, and hammers it into the top corner. No chance for Mandanada there! It's 2-0 Noja!!

Making a couple of subs in midfield as Calzado and Ramon are getting tired. 10 minutes to go. Increasing time wasting, again.

83' GOAL NOJA!! Dzagoev finds Marquez with a through ball. He goes past the keeper and scores. Calm finish by the Spaniard. 3-0 Noja, this is surely over.

Full Time

Well deserved victory for S.D. Noja. They completely outplayed Marseille and it could have been much more if not for a brilliant Mandanada.

Match stats | More

Thanks!

Can't believe it's over already. From getting up to the top division in Spain it's all been going one way. Been way to easy getting potential stars and hanging on to them. I guess that's what you get in these big nations though. Kinda sad it's over so fast, the hardest part was getting out of the bottom division.

I'll do my review tomorrow.

Alberto 'made of glass' Merola is out for 3 weeks with a hamstring injury :mad:

Its so annoying, if he could just stay fit for a good amount of time we'd be so good. He's so key at the moment as we just don't have another half decent striker. Shame.

In better news we're about a month away from Oscar Juarez joining \o/. I've also lined up two new attacking midfielders coming to the club. A 16 year old raw Czech called Marcel Kanik and a Turk called Riza Bozdag (he'll make an immediate impact).

I've also left about 10 peoples contracts at the moment. Basically fairly good players but soon to be on the fringes, so I figure I'll see how they perform for the rest of the year and then possibly give them a new deal. Chances are I'll let them go and rebuild the squad for the next year. There's a raft of talented players that are interested so I'll aim to freshen the squad up next summer.

Sounds like you're really getting going now iacovone. Turning pro seem to be the biggest thing you can get in terms of progress.

I might carry on a few more seasons yes, to see how the youngsters get on. I might start something new as well though. Don't see myself doing 4-5 seasons a week with Noja now. Have to sleep on it. Still feeling the hang over from Friday night :o

Quick FC Martigues catch up:

2013/2014 table

A solid first season saw us finish tenth with alot more comfort than my US Orleans days

2014/2015 table

This is more like it! Secured the title woth a game to spare which really was unexpected. This was definitely a case of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' as we only signed two players for the season.

EDIT - PRDH, you'll see that Romorantin have been promoted by the AI!

Archived