FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

What do you all think of the backroom advice feature? Generally, I've been happy with it (found a couple of good players and staff members from there as well as tips for dealing with upcoming opponents) but there are a couple of annoying bits: I have a left back with a corner-taking stat of 18 and crossing 10 and they always tell me he shouldn't be taking corners! I also have a new Italian striker who's struggling to settle so they always recommend buying another Italian player to make him feel more at home - but I have 14 Italians at the club already! :rolleyes::D

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you all think of the backroom advice feature? Generally, I've been happy with it (found a couple of good players and staff members from there as well as tips for dealing with upcoming opponents) but there are a couple of annoying bits: I have a left back with a corner-taking stat of 18 and crossing 10 and they always tell me he shouldn't be taking corners! I also have a new Italian striker who's struggling to settle so they always recommend buying another Italian player to make him feel more at home - but I have 14 Italians at the club already! :rolleyes::D

i agree with you. some of the suggestions seem crazy :confused: i tend to pick and choose at the advice really. it wasn't much cop for the first couple of seasons because my Ass man and coach almost always disagreed with each other anyway!! :rolleyes:

I like your centre mids LLR, but my experience with Kickers made me very wary of having too many older players. Although my two big signings so far in preparation for Bundesliga 2 are both veterans.

Nice one Jobnik, I can't recall the last time I had a player get five in a match.

The stuff I like from backroom advice is when they recommend a tutor or a PPM (well, sometimes - I ignore their recommendations for players to be encouraged to dive into tackles!), players to scout and opposition dangermen. I completely ignore the stuff about forthcoming opponents not liking to play against a slow tempo etc.

Juan Baldomero's...

Castillo C.F 2018/19 End of Season Review

Liga Adelante

The "finding our feet" Edition

13th|Graph

Predicted Finish: 22nd

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Season Ticket Holders - 112 (last year 110)

Estimated Value - £5.25m (up by £950k)

The Generalities...

Much more enjoyable year at the club. We turned professional at the beginning of the season making it far easier to attract Liga Adelante quality to the club. The board also improved both the training and youth facilities for us, indicating their ambition. Hopefully we'll see a decent batch of youngsters this summer.

The Players...

Dario - one of our 2 foreigners, did really well at RB this year. Has firmly made the position his own.

Serafin Gago - the youngster has improved loads this season and really looks a great prospect! Won the Euro U21 Championship with Spain in the summer. Being retrained as a CB too.

Carlo Amodio - a great year again from Amodio. The only player to end with an average rating over 7. Scored a couple of free kicks and was by and large less of a threat to our own goal, conceding just the 1 penalty this year.

Oscar Juarez - The new Riquelme didn't exactly set the league alight this season but did show some promise. I'm retraining him as an AMC so hopefully once he gets going there he'll find his feet.

Alberto Merola - mixed season for the main man. Sustained a couple of injuries early on that forced him to miss about 3 months of the season. Came back and looked back to his best but our late season dip in form coincided with his goalless streak.

Giorgou Athanasiou - Left back did fairly well in his debut year. Doesn't average a great rating but is tough to beat due to his pace. Made his first appearance for Greece too.

Average Attendance: 3405 (last year 2226)

Fans Player of the Year: Carlo Amodio

My Player of the Year: Carlo Amodio

The League Campaign...

A bit up and down throughout the year as we threatened briefly to chase promotion. However when faced with the stronger sides in the division we tended to come unstuck, receiving a couple of drubbings on the road. Nonetheless 13th was a fine season for us and establishes ourselves in the 2nd tier of Spanish football. This is now our record high finish.

Hercules went straight back up and at the foot of the table you'll notice that fairly big side Rayo Vallecano have dropped down to the 3rd tier. May try to poach a few players from them.

I have been running the top flight on full detail, to get the most accurate results from the Liga BBVA. Real Madrid romped to their 2nd consecutive title over Barca. No real surprises this year, Valladolid, Osasuna and Tenerife will be joining us next year in the Liga Adelante.

The Copa del Rey...

Did alright this year, defeating Celta Vigo away from home to make the 2nd round. Frustratingly though we lost to Castillon 2-1 at home, despite taking the lead. Shame to not go on a longer run again this year.

Other Stuff...

Club Info

Best XI

Best XI Overall

The U19s came 11th out of 16 - dropped a position this year.

The youth facilities are being improved again to the tune of £400k.

The Plan...

Summer again should be interesting. We have plenty of room in the wage budget as well as lots of money in the bank to bring in some new faces. If we can improve on last year's first eleven, there is no reason why we can't get right up there. I'd expect us to at least improve on 13th, given a productive transfer window.

Progress so far...

Season   Division          Position     Achievements
2010/11  2nd Division B1   15th         N/A
2011/12  2nd Division B1   12th         N/A
2012/13  2nd Division B1   8th          N/A
2013/14  2nd Division B1   13th         N/A
2014/15  2nd Division B1   10th         N/A
2015/16  2nd Division B1   2nd          Lost in 2nd Round of Playoff Phase, Quarters of Federation Cup
2016/17  2nd Division B1   3rd          Promoted via the Playoffs
2017/18  Liga Adelante     18th         Survived
2018/19  Liga Adelante     13th         N/A

Very nice season there Iacovone slow and steady is the way to make sure you get through this. Oscar Juarez looks good, but I would've been disappointed with his numbers for the season, hopefully he lives up to expectations next year and you can build towards the top of the league.

My fastest goal for Elgin was 22s. Nice to see some translations there Dodgee, now hopefully I can get them to score some goals in the future, I cannot win the league if I lose every game 2-0 haha.

I love the Backroom advice, but agree sometimes it makes no sense, a DR and I am told to make him get forward as often as possible, and a MC to run down left...hang on...

Shame G-Wiz :thdn: Good luck with next season.

Got a player back from injury and made a couple of signings so I can actually have 7 subs. Bloody 4 U23 Germans rules. Especially as I signed non-German U23 players :thdn:

Although my back-up GK is now ex-Man Utd Ron-Robert Zieler :thup:

Someone else has Ron-Robert Zieler...PRDH perhaps?

There are so many annoying little caveats in the rules for each country. U23 players in Second Div B in Spain screwed me over for a while. Now its the only 2 non-EU players that **** me off!

Just get promoted minisav, none of that in Bundesliga 2!

I ended up making some useful looking signings, and shipping quite a few out, as well as having a big coaching staff revamp - full pre-season report later. And I'm ecstatic - in the 5th season I've started here I finally have a team entered into the German Cup!

My fastest goal is 25 sec, so G-Wiz still has the honour.

I finally got a half decent youth prospect through \o/

He's got 3 star potential so not fantastic but finally after 9 batches of youth players we have someone more than half a star :D. May just play him to boost the reputation of the academy

Looks like you're making good steady progress iacovone. :thup:

I'm sure you'll get more funny translations as you get further into the game in Turkey LLR. At one point last year, I had an academy regen called Inanc (faith) on the right wing and a Chilean called Jésus on the left. :p Plus, I had a wonderkid striker called Dede, which translates as 'grandad' or 'old man'. :D

I'm past the halfway point now in my debut season in Liga Vitalis (played 17 out of 30 games) and I am somehow top of the league! 2 points clear of my old 2nd Division nemesis Boavista and 5 points clear of the chasing pack.... I'm grinding out lots of Stoke City style 1-0 wins with the odd thrashin thrown in for good measure but I'm worried about the consequences of going up so soon, especially after the tough time Uffe had.

Angri - 2011/2012 - End of Season Review

Serie C1/B

Media Prediction: 18th

Actual Position: 6th

Season Ticket Holders: 256

Estimated Value: 300k

A season for consolidation turned into a very good season in my eyes, just missing out on a playoff place, which would've been far beyond my expectations for my first season in Serie C1/B.

Player-wise, i took this season as a chance to try and bring in some fresh blood, some younger blood, and at the same time improve the squad. A lot of the squad from the last few years arent up to the level required for this year, so there were a number of fresh faces brought in.

The main additions are:

Mamadou Traore Burkina Faso international, arrived on a free in january and averaged 7.12 in his 12 appearances

Marko Nikolic Serbian CB, averaged 7.15 in 22 appearences, scoring 1 goal

Farid Lemaire Belgian midfielder, brought in to partner Tranchina, due to last years player of the year Giandomenico retiring

Giacomo Lepri young winger, chipped in with 4 goals and 6 assists in the last campaign

Robert Feczesin striker brought in to replace Bueno, who struggled with injury and fitness most of the season, with a return of 9 goals and 9 assists, not the greatest

Diego Ripamonti young striker, one for the future, but has great potential in my eyes, scored 3 goals in his 8 appearances

Average Attendance: 3079

Fans Player of The Year: Antonino Tranchina - joint top scorer from midfield, with 12 goals, overall standout performer throughout the season

All in all a season of change, which so nearly turned into something more. However, the plan going forward has to be to try and gel the new players into the team and hope to build on the encouraging performance from this season. Hoping to add some firepower to the squad as well, as the strikers arent quite firing on all cylinders

Im sure ive missed some details but that'll do for now lol

Flashman's School Days - Pau FC - Season Summary 10/11

League

Predicted - 14th

Actual - 10th

Graph

Squad

Finances

Transfers

The Season

The league was a bit inconsistent for the team mainly due to the inept performances up front at times, also various members of the defence decided to have a giggle with their side-competition of 'who could make the worst mistake'.

We started the season with quite a few good results and we picked up points here and there, then we hit the self-destruction button with no win in 9 in the league and it sent me flirting with relegation places for quite a while and we never really looked like getting too far away. However, our form became sporadic but not disastrous and most games we had loads of chances with little if any converted. So with a 10th placed finish secured with 2 games to go was a good achievement I felt.

We dropped out of the cup in the 8th round on penalties which was one round short of what was expected.

Players

I've decided to give screenshots of the players that were involved the most because i used almost everyone in the squad at one time or another.

GK - Jacky Leglib - Club Icon, starting keeper, almost ever-present. Not the greatest but he is solid, I signed a couple of young keepers for replacement because he is getting on.

DR - Julien Labat - Club captain, born in Pau and never played for anyone but Pau. Only became a regular towards the second half of the season.

DR - Philippe Billy - One of my summer signings, when I signed him he became the number one right back, however, I decided for a switch back to the club captain and Billy only made a few more appearances, mainly for injuries.

DL - Sylvain Meslien - Main choice left back, only missed 2 games, pretty solid, didn't do too badly, didn't set the world alight, just signed another left back who the scouts say is twice as good so possibly won't figure much next season.

D/WB/AML - Omar Belbachir - Only made starts when injuries hit, but almost ever-present on the bench.

DC - Sashi Chalwe - Star defender, Zambia captain and gave great solid performances, finishing with an average rating of 7.13. Possibly my best signing and he didn't cost a penny.

DC - Joris Sainati - Was Chalwe's partner in defence up until January, didn't do much wrong but a replacement was signed in the January transfer window.

DC - Yohann Collet - The only signing that cost me money, and it bust the whole of the transfer kitty, the transfer was confirmed midway through the first half of the season and joined in January, his stats are quite good to be a solid DC but he seems a little bit prone to make errors, this could be his inexperience however.

MR - Klever Manuel Chala - 83 caps for Ecuador and thought he would be able to dominate the right wing, however, didn't show the class that he could have done and at the age of 39, I doubt he will be playing much next season.

ML - Kevin Barralon - Did well on the left wing, chipped in with a few goals from direct FK's which were in games that we came away from with points.

MC - Nicolas Cami - Another Club Icon. Easily the heart and soul of midfield, also very consistent, a player that I really like.

MC - Johann Paul - Second half of the season regular after I decided Moreno wasn't producing what I wanted him to.

MC - Alexandre Moreno - 33 years old and his age started telling in his performances after being a regular in the first half of the season.

AM/FC - Anthony Bral - I thought I was signing him as a back-up striker, however, in 31 starts he managed to grab 16 goals and 8 assists. Despite this his finishing at times were so shocking it surprised me he managed to get as many as he did.

ST - Malik Rouag - Despite not possessing the greatest of stats after chopping and changing players up front I decided he would be a first choice with Bral, and he managed to repay my faith with a good goals/game ratio.

AM/FC - Antoine Sibierski - The biggest name signing of pre-season and with his stats I expected a lot but the games that he did feature he was possibly the worst flop I have ever had on any FM. Also missed the only penalty in the shoot-out where we were eliminated from the French Cup.

Other Players

Just thought I would update on Yeh Ningning's progress, only started twice, which were the two games after being guaranteed safety.

I have a certain player called Bruno N'Gotty on the books but at 39 he only appeared in the last game mainly because his pace is now 1.

I expect a lot of different players in the next couple of years because I have 9 players 33 or over.

Plans For Next Season

Next seasons plans are to find a prolific forward that can give us victories in those close games. Also I would like to pick up some sort of form and finish with more points than this season.

If you would like any other screenies just ask :)

Haha that's pretty funny FSD. I think it was Gilbster who had him at Elgin and did really well. Solid season there with Pau :thup:

G-Wiz you've had a great year there despite just missing out on the playoffs.

Season number 10 is underway at Castillo and I'm really pleased with the squad so far. Its slightly smaller than last year but has much better depth of quality. We have two new strikers to play up top with Merola - Axel Elgh and Vaselin Georgiev. Both going to be useful this season.

We romped to a storming 3-0 win away at Mallorca in the first game of the season so signs are good. 2nd game was away to Numancia in the cup and it just got ridiculous. 1-0 up, 2-1 down, 2-2, 4-2 down, 4-4, ET, 5-4 to us :cool:

Free scoring Castillo this season!

Stella - Good season, so close. Next year for sure. :thup:

brambleten - That's gotta be a record in versatility on Thamm. Never seen that many since CM2 I Think. Last one I remember was a guy on IFK Göteborg back then. Alexandersson or something like that. Think he could play ever position except goalkeeper.

el sid - That's another amazing looking regen there.

tomsmith - Nice to see you here, good luck.

LLR - Nice squad (with nice names hehe), good luck on your season!

Jobnik - Nice one on the 5 goals. Are you also playing with a lone striker?

iacovone - Good season. I still think Oscar Juarez will become really good. Good luck this year.

G-Wiz - So close, next season is the one. Like the Serbian center back, those guys are usually tough as rock. :D

DodgeeD - That sounds great. Crossing fingers for back to back promotions!

Flashman - Good season, better than predicted is always good. To bad about the captain.

G-Wiz - So close, next season is the one. Like the Serbian center back, those guys are usually tough as rock. :D

yeah im hoping ive found my very own vidic! lol trying to build the backbone for the future, this coming season is gonna be very important for the development of the team

AM/FC - Antoine Sibierski - The biggest name signing of pre-season and with his stats I expected a lot but the games that he did feature he was possibly the worst flop I have ever had on any FM. Also missed the only penalty in the shoot-out where we were eliminated from the French Cup.

I had him in my squad and he was absolutely useless, he dropped to 5th best striker by the start of season 2.

Wow, Gilbster, in 2030 already :eek:, shame you couldn't stay in the top 2 there.

Unlucky Uffe, you can bounce straight back.

Well unlucky StellaF1, Empoli really are a bogey team, at least they aren't there next season.

GL with Pau Tomsmith...

LLR - I always say don't take over a team with a name you can't pronounce ;), Good luck with them.

Good progression iacovone and with a healthy balance the only way is up (hopefully).

Good season G-Wiz, very unlucky to miss out on the play-offs though.

Solid first season FSD, Sibierski looks like the real deal, pacey striker. :D

Speaking of pacey strikers check out this pair of golden oldies both playing for Vecindario: Yordi and Carsten Janker, both 39 years old and pace and acceleration of 1. :D

Sibierski was fine for me in the first season or two. Maybe the rest of my squad was just worse than yours though!

I cant find any consistency at all in thsi game, which is what is making it harder for me to play. I am either really really good for a few games, or just dont bother turning up. We just dont seem to care at all.

S.D Noja December update

Summer transfer window went by real quick as I got the one man I wanted, Félix D'Agostino. He was bought from Real Madrid after activating a £7M release clause. I tried to buy two years ago, when he was at Reals B (or C?) side Castilla, but Real decided to take him up to their first team squad and that was it for his interest. Two years later he finally joined us. He didn't get a lot of playing time in Reals first team and wanted a new challenge. I'm pleased, although he hasn't exactly set the world on fire just yet. He's gonna be a leading star eventually if my favorite scout knows what he's talking about. At the moment he's playing second string to Vlcek though.

Our only player out (except youngsters with no talent beeing released) was Marco Pepe to At. Madrid for a £8M fee (up front), meaning we actually earned £500K up front this summer. Marco never got into our first team, to bad cause he was talented, but he just never took off.

We lost in the Spanish Super Cup this year. 2-2 away and a 3-1 loss at home to Barcelona. I was experimenting with transforming my tactic to a 442 and it didn't really work. So for the European Super Cup we where back to our normal 4321 and we beat Manchester City 4-1.

Our Champions League group this year was A.C. Milan, Stuttgart and Olympiakos. I was expecting a tough group when we drew 0-0 at home to Milan, but in the end it was nothing like that. Milan drew every game except their home game against us, and didn't even qualify for the next round. We won the group easily and are facing more greek opposition next, Panathinaikos.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE RESULTS

A.C. Milan	(H)	0-0 draw
Olympiakos	(A)	3-0 win
Stuttgart	(H)	3-0 win
Stuttgart	(A)	3-2 win
A.C. Milan	(A)	3-2 win
Olympiakos	(H)	2-1 win

We've also won the World Club Championship. It was a big let down as usual, the quality of the teams you meet is abysmal. We where entered into the semi-final against hosts Al-Ahly of Egypt. A comfortable 6-0 win ensured our place in the final, where New York Red Bulls of the United States where beaten 3-0.

We've lost two games so far in the league. Both away, to Barcelona and Real Madrid. Even so, Barcelona are just 1 point behind us, and we can't really afford any sort of slip up. It's scary how good they are compared to the rest of the league at the moment. Although it all seem to be resting on their super striker Troost.

brambleten - That's gotta be a record in versatility on Thamm. Never seen that many since CM2 I Think. Last one I remember was a guy on IFK
i decided i should stick him in the first team for a bit to see if he was any good, so he went in at DC and has been playing well, with 3 goals in 7 starts, all from corners. i think he can stay :)

speaking of goals, im very impressed with my team here - Mannheim vs Dresden. this is the best comeback i have had so far :)

UD Merida Season Review 2011/12

1st in Segunda Division B Grupo 4 (pred: 8th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The Team

The season started with the following message, which meant I will have trouble signing good new players, as the wage budget dropped significantly, and I was not allowed to sign players & staff on full time contracts.

The squad basis stayed from last season. No major players left us, and I’ve managed to sign some pretty good players before we turned semi-pro, with the major ones being a young duo who arrived from Inter: Serbian attacking midfielder Alen Stevanovic, and striker Aiman Napoli.

Other important signings were Italian/French defender Sebastien Fischetti , who arrived from Marseille, as well as left winger Pedro Mosquera , who arrived from Real Madrid.

The formation stayed pretty much the same as last year, with slight tweaks for certain games throughout the season. The defense was very strong, and we only conceded 26 goals in 38 regular season matches.

GK Tom Papin, who arrived from Monaco, played for most of the season. In addition I had young Italian GK Alberto Serafini, who I signed last season as backup. Towards the end of the season I’ve noticed Serafini has improved much more than Papin, and unless I will find a super keeper during the transfer window, Serafini will start as our first pick keeper next year.

DR Our captain Kevin Debris, who took control of the position during last season, never let go and was one of the more stable players throughout the season. Santiago Villafane, who arrived from Boca last season, and young Australian Doug Mort, were used as cover. One of the 2 backups will be sold / released, If not both of them.

DL Paolo Marchi played for most of the season, but he had a couple drops of form throughout the season, so young Andrea Di Palma also received quite a few chances. Jose Mari barely played and will probably be sold / released.

DC Youngster Daniel Ayala, Who was signed last year continued his good form, and alongside with Fischetti made a very strong center of defense. David Lomban Was signed from Valencia was a very decent cover for them. Others who could play at the position were Raul Sanchez , as well as youngsters Di Palma and Mort, who were mentioned previously.

DMC Espolita, who was signed last season played for most of the season. Youngster Koke who was signed from Atletico Madrid last season, improved nicely throughout the season and also got his fare share of matches. Jose Canas, who was brought in from Betis barely played, and will probably be sold / released. Fischetti also played some matches at the position.

AML Giuseppe Giovinco, who was signed in last season from Juventus, began the season on the left wing, but was overthrown during some point at the season by Mosquera . Adrian Barba, who was brough in from Zaragoza, and retrained to play at the position, was injured for most of the season, and will probably be sold / released.

AMR Claudio kept the position through most of the season, and was again one of my better players. Giovinco, Stevanovic, and Napoli, also played a few matches at the position.

AMC I honestly thought I could get one last good season from Federico Magallens, but although his technical and mental stats look crazy, he was just not producing. Stevanovic was the key player at the position. Giovinco and by Mosquera also played a few matches at the position.

SC Aridane and Napoli began the season up front. But after a good beginning Napoli stopped producing, and back in was brought Aridane’s partner from last season Goran Maric, who ended up being my most productive striker. Another player who received a few matches isStefano Di Fabio, who’s stats improved greatly, but still didn’t produce anything special.

The Season

The League

I’ve had control of the division almost throughout the league, as you can see in the Graph. I completely took control of the 1st place on day 16, and never looked back. Although I’ve had some bad periods throughout, especially when I had to secure my championship (3 straight without a win), it was very good overall and my superiority was felt clearly in most games.

Copa del Rey

Lost in the 1st round to Melilla.

Copa RFEF

Reached the quarter final using only substitute players, and eventually lost to a very strong Las Palmas.

Main matches:

The season started off with a Bang- A match that was a true sign of the forthcoming season.

Other important matches were against 2nd placed Jean, who I beat twice: 3:0 at home, and in my best match of the season 4:0 away.

Another nice victory was away to title contenders Granada. Before our 5:0 win over Aguilas, striker Aridane watches Tottenham’s match Vs. Wigan and got jealous.

In the playoffs I’ve faced Alcorcon in the semi final of the 1st phase. As last year against Ferro, my inexperience cost me the tie. I’ve beat them comfortably at home in the 1st match. In the reply it was even at half time, and then the beginning of the 2nd half I’ve received 3 quick goals. Once again, it seemed as if the team felt of the pitch. It ended like this, which meant I went to the 2nd phase of the playoff.

In the 2nd phase 2nd round I’ve faced Roquetas, who were only 1 of 4 teams to beat me during the regular season. I struggled a bit in the 1st leg, but had an easier time in the 2nd leg.

In the 3rd round I’ve face Lugo, whom I beat twice to sum up the season with a sweat taste: 3:1 away and 2:1 at home.

Aims at the beginning at the season

1. After a season of acclimation, my main goal is without a doubt getting the promotion to Liga Adelante- Check! We are the Champions!

2. Improving the squad in a few key positions, mainly in the defensive part- Still some work here. We got Fischetti, but still could add some quality here.

3. Improving my financial situation, which is quite poor at the moment- Failed. We are still 1M in the red.

4. Building an infrastructure ready for Liga Adelante: facilities, back room staff and players. I don't want to go back down if I do go up- Also still some work to do. I believe my squad, if with no additions, will survive Liga Adelante. But surviving is not all I want. I will defiantly also look into bulking up my backroom and improving facilities.

Aims for the next season

1. 3 of the 4 clubs relegated from Liga Adelante only got promoted this year, and went straight back down. The 4th got promoted the year before-I don’t want this to happen to me! I need to bring in some more quality to the squad. As I said in the previous part, I believe my squad is good enough to survive, but I want more.

2. Finally get out of the red and stabilize my finances. Hopefully this will allow me to improve facilities.

3. Top 10 finish in Liga Adelante.

4. Getting my professional status back.

5. Bringing in some top class youth players, which will be ready for first team football by the time I hopefully reach La Liga.

Season	|League	|Position	|S-Cup	|RFEF	|Europe	|Notes
10/11	|2D-B4	|4th	        |N/A	|N/A	|N/A	|Lost in the playoff
11/12	|2D-B4	|1st	        |1st rnd|Q.final	|Champions! Promoted
12/13	|LIGAa	|?	        |?	|?	|?	|?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2D-B4 = Second Division B4 | RFEF = Copa Federacion | S-Cup = Spanish Cup
LIGAa = LIGA adelante | LBBVA = LIGA BBVA |

Comment

I hope some of you read and enjoy the reviews. Anyway, if there is something missing, something you want me to add, or any other suggestions, your are more than welcome to offer!

Grats on promotion Jobnik. Your Fischetti links point me to Napoli instead of him by the way. Giovinco, is that the brother of Sebastian I wonder. If he's half that player he'll be great. You got some great left wingers, Mosquera looks brilliant as well. Good luck in adelante!

My season is going great. We're on our way to the Champions League semi finals after beating Lyon 5-1 at home. We easily knocked out Panathinaikos winning 2-1 away and 2-0 at home. League is going great as well as Barcelona have had a really bad patch. They are 13 points behind now with just 8 games left. And my b-team are in the Spanish Cup final, although they are gonna play Barcelona so I doubt they'll win it.

I've also been offered the job as Brazil manager and taken it (since I'm done with the challenge anyways). They actually have the confederations cup coming up pretty soon. Dunno how long I'll keep it up though, I'm considering starting a new game in some other country instead and at least take a break from Noja.

Right. I've finished my first Ligue 2 season. Ended it in 11th. Pretty pleased all round. Unfortunately my chairman is setting about selling off most of the winning team whenever a bid comes in despite having a healthy balance of over £3million.

Thanks for the comments.

Ohanzee - I've mentonited in the first season review that Giuseppe is the younger brother of Sebastian. Don't think he's even half as good, but he still was decent for Segunda B. I've also fixed the Fischetti links.

Congrats on the Brazil job. That's quite a journey from Segunda B to Brazil in 11 years.

Sorry Jobnik I must have missed that. I do try to click through all the screenshots and read it all, but this thread is growing like bamboo. He looks a great player for that level at least :thup:

At least these games against Man Utd are entertaining. I don't get why they still use Welbeck, Ljajic and Evans though. They are old and nowhere near good enough any more. Even though Evens scored against us. We're always crap at defending corners anyways.

Galatasaray awaits in the final. They don't have half the quality of Man Utd, but they play a 442 diamond. Still think we should be favorites to win it. They actually knocked Barcelona and Porto out though.

--edit--

Champions league final: stats | more

There was never really any doubt. Filippo Ferri who lost out on last years final really wanted this one. He scored a hat-trick putting him at 39 goals in 35 starts this season. He's had a couple of minor injuries again. Wish he could play 50 games one season just to see how many he'd score.

I really don't understand how Galatasaray got so far. It's interesting that so far we have not met a single Spanish team in our 3 years in European competitions. Barcelona and Real Madrid seem to be the only two teams that give us real trouble right now. I guess you can say we've been lucky to not meet either of them, but we've beaten some big teams to.

Nice going Jobnik, and a good writeup.

Ohanzee, why don't you go back to the bottom in your save and restart the challenge with a new promoted team? Then you could keep an eye on how Noja do under new management :D

Poor start to the season for us, hopefully I can steady the ship.

Board are in the process of selling the third player of the window without my input. We are £4.05M in the black. All my chairman sees with the good players I've brought in are £££ he doesn't seem to want me to build a team. Without sounding arrogant, I've done pretty well in the transfer market so far, but having to replace players at short notice really isn't helpful. I feel like I'm having the rug pulled out from underneath me. I seem to be having less luck with getting players in so far this season too. Last year I picked up Kresic et al all fairly cheaply. Fingers crossed I'll find people before the end of the window.

I know this is pretty vague but I want to get the season report done (I'm planning to do it tomorrow evening) before I start talking about who's leaving.

Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit agravated at the moment!

My Brazil career was short. Here's the run down :p

• Australia (friendly). 2-1 win. Should have been much more.
  • Ecuador (WC Qual.) 7-1 win. Great game.
  • Solomon Islands (Confed Cup). 6-0 win. Another great game.
  • U.S.A. (Confed Cup). 1-1 draw. Deserved to win 5-1 if anything. Very unlucky.
  • Portugal (Confed Cup). 4-1 loss. At 1-1 we got a man sent off. Unlucky again.
  • Argentina (Confed Cup). 2-1 loss. Deserved to win :(

The Argentina match was the semi final. I got sacked after that. What a waste of time.

Nice going Jobnik, and a good writeup.

Ohanzee, why don't you go back to the bottom in your save and restart the challenge with a new promoted team? Then you could keep an eye on how Noja do under new management :D

Poor start to the season for us, hopefully I can steady the ship.

Ohanzee- i'd take the offer. That sounds the best way, take a newly promoted side within this save, and keep an eye on your Noja.

Archived