FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

minisav - That would be fun editing the wiki with FM stats. Looks like you're doing well, good luck.

el sid - That Maranhao is sick. I bet he'll score 50+ for you the way you seem to get your strikers scoring. He'll score a hat-trick in the Champions League final, just wait and see :D

Good luck in Ligue 2 PRDH! The club is looking strong. Kresic looks amazing.

Good luck rlipscombe, I like those strikers. Get some old professional to tutor that Diaz, works a charm. I think almost everyone in my squad have a professional attitude now.

Welcome and good luck brambleten.

Congrats on promotion Polar Bear. And no, the updates can't be to long :)

iavocone - The 3 non-eu in the BBVA isn't such a big issue. Get them young. Get some 17-18 year olds and by the time you have to register them they'll have a Spanish second nationality already (2 years).

Well done staying up Liverbird93. First part done.

Sounds like a great start DodgeeD. Vit. Guimarares is a great team!

(edit) Hehe, yea I kinda miss Orri. Someone should add him to the database just for fun again. :D

Seems I updated a bit to early, added more awards from the Champions League. Didn't realize they updated so late.

And just got this news report! I'll have no other choice than to play another season or two now.

hmmm my new prodigy Oscar Juarez is now labelled the 'next Juan Roman Riquelme'. :cool:

unfortunately he's just missed training as the media pressure is getting to him :(

has been performing well so far though, bagging a great 25 yarder to get the ball rolling

Well I played about a month further into my game in Turkey, I have played several friendlies, a 3-0 loss to a 1st division side with last years squad, followed by a 0-0 draw with a 2nd division side prior to the new signings joining on July 1st, then we went 2-1 over the 2nd division 3rd place from last year, then 4-0 over the 4th place 2nd Division side and then the best result so far as I took out another 1st division side 2-0, I held them out comfortably.

Very happy with the side I have built so far, they seem quite solid have the stats in the right place, though the midfield is a little old. I will show you all the players tomorrow after work.

brand.gif

Lorca Deportiva Club de Futbol - Season 2012/13 summary - Liga Adelante

Spanish Cup - 3rd Round: 0-1 vs Las Palmas

Media Prediction - 22nd

Final Position - 6th

Final Table - Graph

Average Attendance: 7457, down from 7512

Results1

Results2

Squad stats

Best XI

Overall Best XI

Finances

Updated Finances - Thanks to two player sales amounting to £1.6m we are in the black again \o/.

Summary:

The league:

Well, where do I start, I was actually pretty pleased at the opening 1-1 draw at home to one of the better sides in Liga Adelante Rayo. Then followed three away defeats and 2 home wins which is pretty much how the first half of the season went, awful away and unbeatable at home. We picked up some very good home wins at home, but were losing at all our rivals so the head to head wouldn't go in our favour if it came to it. Basically this was the table with two games to go, however both Betis and Las Palmas would be ahead on head-to-head if we finished level. But with it being so tight we needed to win both games and hope both Betis and Las Palmas dropped points.

Betis won and Las Palmas only drew 0-0 on Saturday. Our first game was on Sunday at home to already promoted Racing, with our excellent home record we comfortably beat them 2-0. So basically we had to win away at Huesca and hope Betis dropped points at home, coincidentally to Las Palmas. Las Palmas did their bit and that game ended 1-0, but this happened in our game. So in a nutshell we were a missed penalty AND a 90th minute own goal by our keeper away from promotion. Ah well, better luck next time eh.

The cup:

We were drawn at home to Cordoba in the second round and following the opening day 1-1 draw against Rayo we drew 1-1 again. The match went to penalties and we scraped through. We were drawn at home again to Las Palmas in the 3rd round but unfortunately we couldn't get revenge for the defeat there at the weekend. It turned out we lost all 3 games 1-0 to Las Palmas, that's definately an aim for next season.. beat them.

The players:

1. Salvatore Sirigu (GK) - Another very solid season, I don't think I'll need another keeper for the promotion push.

2. Guillaume Rippert (DL) - Brought in for free on the advice from a board meeting, previously playing in the obscurity of Evian in France. Showed signs of why he gained French youth caps, good signing.

3. Dorian Dervite (DC) - Made a few mistakes during the season, but otherwise was excellent again and I hope to keep him on.

4. Rodri (DC, DMC, MC) - 33 now but still going strong, another excellent season in DMC or MC, with a high pass rate and 10 assists as well.

5. Graham Kelly (DC) - Another very good season from Kelly, has since earned a £1m move to Hearts (my board accepted the offer on my behalf).

6. Steve Pinau (ST) - Well, 29 goals, 10 assists and 9 MOM's, what more can I say. I hope he signs another contract.

7. Pasquale Pinna (DMC, MC) - Played mainly in the MC role and was very good, a high passing rate and a few assists to boot.

9. Saúl (ST) - 30 goals (1 in the cup) this season and again hope to keep hold of him because him and Pinau really are a deadly duo up front.

12. Bastien Chantry (DR) - A good season but with transfer money available I may be able to find a better right back.

14. Adam McDonald (AML) - Signed on a free after being released by Chelsea, still has a lot to learn but has picked up caps for Jamaica already.

15. Julián Vara (DR, MR) - First choice on the right wing, but this is another position we could strengthen for the push for promotion.

18. Enric Vallés (ML) - Is tutoring Adam McDonald, I'm not sure either of them is good enough for long term solutions on the left wing.

24. Youssuf Mulumbu (DMC, MC) - An excellent free signing and did very well mainly in the DMC role he played.

25. Lloyd Sam (AMR) - Made most of his appearances from the bench but still has a small part to play in the team.

Season   | Division             | Finished | Spanish Cup | Achievements
2010/11  | Second Division B4   | 6th      | N/A         | Close to the play-offs
2011/12  | Second Division B4   | 1st      | 2nd Round   | Second Division B overall champions
2012/13  | Liga Adelante        | 6th      | 3rd Round   | Minutes away from promotion

Well done to everybody for making this such an enjoyable challenge.

Have been busy over the weekend and have come back to 3 pages to catch up on!

I have completed my fourth season and will compile a brief end of season review over the next hour or 2.

Wow this thread has been flying in the past couple of days. Not really been in the FM mood, so haven't really been playing but should have a short season update shortly.

Main thing I want to say is huge Congratulations to Ohanzee. Well done on completion and so fast too. Are you continuing with that save or moving onto another challenge?

Gilbster - 2029/30 Elgin City - Scottish Premier Division - End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers

A season that had so much promise, ended with us finishing in 4th place. Couldn't get past the European Qualifiers at all this year and the cups were a disaster. I also hadn't been given much transfer budget for the season, so couldnt get the quality in as I wanted.

I suspect the summer will need to be a time to strengthen the squad again, and hope that I can do better in the new season.

Sorry for the briefness, but I played the season over so many sessions, I cant remember anything!

Career So Far

Season    Division           Position    Points     Achievements
2010/11   Third Division     3rd         59         Lost in playoff semi final
2011/12   Third Division     1st         77         Winner
2012/13   Second Division    4th         56         Promoted from Playoffs
2013/14   First Division     1st         72         Winner. Challenge Cup Winner
2014/15   Premier Division   12th        34         Relegated
2015/16   First Division     2nd         67
2016/17   First Division     2nd         60
2017/18   First Division     1st         67         Winner
2018/19   Premier Division   7th         49         
2019/20   Premier Division   7th         47
2020/21   Premier Division   8th         47
2021/22   Premier Division   7th         54         Scottish Cup Winner
2022/23   Premier Division   4th         69         Scottish Cup Runners Up. Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rd.
2023/24   Premier Division   1st         75         Champions!  Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rd.
2024/25   Premier Divison    6th         52         
2025/26   Premier Division   7th         53         League Cup Runners Up
2026/27   Premier Division   2nd         79         Runners Up - League and Scottish Cup
2027/28   Premier Division   3rd         69         Champions League 1st Knockout Rd
2028/29   Premier Division   3rd         64         Scottish Cup Winners. League Cup Runners Up. Euro Cup Quarter Finals.
2029/30   Premier Division   4th         66         

Casa Pia Portuguese Liga Sagres 2015/16

We were not good enough. We really struggled the entire season and we could not find any good players to bring in. I hope a year in Liga Vitalis will boost the team and give us a better foundation to build on for the future. Sorry for writing an even shorter update then usual but im not in the mood :(.

Season   Division          Pos   PC         PLC     Achievements
2010/11  2:nd Division C   11th  1st Rnd    N/A     NOPE
2011/12  2:nd Division C   5th   1st Rnd    N/A     NOPE
2012/13  2:nd Division C   4th   3rd Rnd    N/A     NOPE
2013/14  2:nd Division C   1st   Qtr final  N/A     Champions, Promotion via playoff.
2014/15  Liga Vitalis      2nd   4th Rnd    3rd Rnd Promotion
2015/16  Liga Sagres       16th  3rd Rnd    2nd Rnd Relegation

Hope you really start getting into your game soon Lower Leagues Rule. Missing your mammoth updates. :D

That's a great first season in adelante berty1978! Unlucky about being so close, but you'll get it next season for sure! :thup:

Looking good Jobnik, hope you can snatch 1st place to make the playoffs a bit less of a toin coss.

Aww man Uffe, that's a bummer :( Did you at least get some decent money from your stay in the top? Something to build on? You'll bounce right back! :thup:

Gilbster that's a nice comeback after such a unlucky start in the qualifiers. Hope you can get a real break through next season and establish yourself in the Champions League for good.

I'm probably gonna continue my game yes, but not at the pace I have been doing so far. Yea I know, my pace is nothing compared to Gilbster hehe, but I don't even dare to mention my "played time" on the Noja save. I might make another save as well though, but either way it'll most likely be in here. I like this thread and the nations that go with it.

Just a interesting point. If you remember I got offered the Real Madrid job with £103M transfer budget a season and a half back. I made a backup save and I started looking at it a bit. Real Madrid have a horrible horrible squad compared to S.D. Noja. They hardly have a decent player under the age of 30. It's a wonder they are even in the top 4 to be honest. They may have got some decent additions since then in my original save, but I can understand how my b-team almost knocked them out of the cup now. I think the AI teams are really bad at building new teams when the stars they once had get old and retire.

Found yet another fantastic regen striker. Well didn't exactly find him, it was one of those random 'Munster are interested in signing XXX' which you get in your inbox. Turns out he is better than Gignac already :D

Looking to sign him, bidding war going on though :(

PISA - End of Season 4 - 2013-14 - Review

AC_Pisa_1909.png

Pre-Season

My aim before the start of the season was to improve the squad so that i could potentially get a playoff spot. This was going well and i had brought in several experienced players as well as several good looking prospects that were under the age of 19.

I was pleased with how things had gone and that i had improved my team sufficiently to achieve my aims for the season. Then my chairman got involved!!!!

He accepted bids totaling 3.1m for my 2 main center-backs and my number 1 GK. With less than 1 week to go to the new season my optimism for the new campaign had gone.

The board then had the audacity a couple of months later to tell me that they were disappointed at the departure of 1 of these CB's!!!!!! Like I had any choice!

The Season

The Season started off better than i expected as we maintained a playoff position for much of the first half of the season. My new GK and 18 year old CB proving good replacements. We then settled into 8th Position, just outside the playoffs, for many weeks before we went on an end of season surge that saw us obtain the final playoff place in 6th.

The Season had been better than i had expected but 1 point of concern that i have is the way we seem to get demolished by some of the bigger clubs in the league. We were then drawn in the playoffs semi-final against Empoli who we had an atrocious record against.

Before the playoffs our record against Empoli stood at 1 draw and 5 defeats with an aggregate score in these 6 games of 2 scored and 19 conceded.

I therefore expected nothing going into the 2 legged Semi. Leg 1, went better than i expected and Leg 2 was more like what i thought was going to happen.

The Players

Here is my selection of players that contributed most to the teams performance this season;

Ondrej Janecek - I had bought in Janecek for 220k from Sparta Prague as he was recommend as a player with great potential after my scouts visit to the Czech Republic. After my chairman's transfer dealing i had to put Janecek straight into the fire by promoting him to be a regular 1 team starter, a task he would perform admirably.

Luca Arena - i had brought him in on a bosman after Juventus had let him go the previous summer but i couldn't get him to score last season. He got off to a slow start and after the best part of 12 games in his career for Pisa he had yet to score!, despite his impressive looking attributes. Then something seemed to click - maybe it was the coaches advice to get him to train on placing his shots - but he went on to score 10 key goals for the club this season.

Divine Fonjock - Once again he was our best player for the 3rd season running and ended the season as the player with the highest av. rating and second top scorer for the club. He was again selected into the Serie B Team of the Year.

Davide Petrachi - I had brought him in for 600k from Lecce to challenge and hopefully help the 20 year old Schumacher improve in the long run. But with the Chairman selling Schumacher on the day before the season started i had to rely on Petrachi as my number 1 keeper. He was sensational during the whole season and kept us in many games that we could have gone against us.

Deniran Ortega - A record signing at 900k for the club but he chipped in with with 11 goals and 10 assists.

Daniel Gygax - Contributed alot of Assists during the course of the season and gave the team some needed experience.

Anduele Pryor - Once again his crossing was key to him achieving many assists this season and he also got a fair number of goals to go with it to. He has just signed a 2 year contract so hopefully there will be more to come from him.

Borja Rubiato - Saving one of the best till last!! Borja became my first player in FM2010 to achieve 20 league goals in a season and ended the season with 26 goals in all competitions. My number 1 striker.

Next Seasons Aims

What i am looking for next season is to be able to compete more against the top teams in the division and not be beat by 3 or 4 goals. The key to this will be the development of my younger players (we have had our training facilities upgrade to good and our youth facilities to adequate). I also need to keep hold of our best players which could be difficult with the amount of interest i have already had to fend off.

My GK Petrachi is possibly going to be the hardest to keep as i have turned down lots of bids for him including 1 from West Ham which resulted in him becoming unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs. His contract runs out at the end of the coming season and he wont sign a new one!

Aww man Uffe, that's a bummer :( Did you at least get some decent money from your stay in the top? Something to build on? You'll bounce right back! :thup:

No nothing really. There isn´t any money in the Portuguese League. But I´ll try to do better research during the summer and get som free quality players in. I haven´t really taken the time to do that in the past. I hope to bounce back but I´m in no hurry. When we get up to Liga Sagres next time Casa Pia will stay there! :D

B.C. Branco August 2014 Transfer Update

We've had a great start to life in Liga Vitalis! As I posted yesterday, we've won our opeing three games, including away wins at the two sides relegated from Liga Sagres last season, Santa Clara and Vit. Guimarãres and a 4-1 drubbing of Feirense at home. That means we are top as the transfer window closes - long may it continue! I was also named as Manager of the Month for August. :cool:

In the League Cup, we beat Varzim 5-2 on aggregate to advance to the 2nd Round group stage and we dispatched a non-league side 4-0 in the Portuguese Cup.

The following players have come in, once again mainly from Italy (I have 13 Itallians on my books now!). Some are straight into the first team, the others are here to provide depth for the squad:

Vincenzo Antonelli (MC) - I wasn't sure whether or not to sign him but the deciding factor in the end was his exceptional workrate, teamwork and influence ratings (future captain material perhaps). I haven't decided if he'll be better in the holding midfield role or a more attacking role though.

Luca Elia (FC) - One for the future but he ended up in the team straighway due to injuries and scored 3 minutes into his debut!

Carlo Mazzoni (DC) - another signed with the future in mind but he has impressed in his sub appearances so far.

Moreno Todesco (MR) - signed as I lost my previous back-up winger to a free transfer in the summer. Again, good teamwork, workrate and high determination should see him reach his potential.

João Silva (ST) - recommended by my ass man as a solution to our lack of depth up front and has worked a treat so far with 4 goals in 4 starts!

The only player out was defender Daniel Ayala. He was a good player but I have plenty of options in defence and when I was offered 150k + 25% sell on by Lieria, I accepted without hesitation, cutting our debts down to 100k in the process.

One more new arrival: my coaches recommended some new additions to the backroom staff, among them Luis Boa Morte! It turns out he's a fine coach as well - I'll certainly be turning to him for advice on signings and who to keep in the squad qith his JA and JP stats.

Meet the new manager of Sporting Clube Farense in the Portugese Second Division North.

I have attribute masking off because I just dont like being able to see some of the stats, I wont win the champions league because i'm crap so it wont make much difference anyway

Welcome. Erm that's kind of the whole point of the challenge. You are expected to tick the attribute masking on when starting, defeats half the point of the challenge if you don't.

Hello chaps.

I decided I fancied givin this challenge another go this year, despite my loss of interest last year (due to starting a little too late in the day). I fancied a trip into the French lower leagues to begin with, but after loading the provided save game up and then holidaying through myself, the game won't let me manage in the CFA. I go to choose the league to select a team, but the CFA option is in dark lettering and therefore unavailable. Anyone know why? It's got me stumped.

Hello chaps.

I decided I fancied givin this challenge another go this year, despite my loss of interest last year (due to starting a little too late in the day). I fancied a trip into the French lower leagues to begin with, but after loading the provided save game up and then holidaying through myself, the game won't let me manage in the CFA. I go to choose the league to select a team, but the CFA option is in dark lettering and therefore unavailable. Anyone know why? It's got me stumped.

You take one of the teams promoted from thr CFA to the National league. Glad to have someone else coming to France!

Pau FC - French National

Paufc.jpg

So, after last years dismal effort, I dip my toes in to the murky waters of the French lower leagues to compete in this years 'Small Club to Big Club Euro Nation Challenge'. Not knowing much about lower league French sides, I just took randomly chose out of the promoted sides and I was handed Pau FC.

A Brief History

Founded in 1957, Pau Football Club are a semi-professional French club currently playing in the French National. The club play their home games at Stade du Hameau and possess average training facilities and an adequate youth setup. The Pau FC reserve team play at Ousse des Bois. The club is affectionately known as Les Jaunes et Bleus.

Having enjoyed success as recently as 2010, Les Jaunes et Bleus are a club with a growing history. Pau FC won the French 4th tier for the only time in 2010.

Stade du Hameau

Located in Pau, the stadium is multi-purpose. It's main use is as a rugby union pitch as the home ground of Section Paloise. It has a capacity of 13,966. A decent size.

The City of Pau

Pau is located in the very South of France. It's found on the Northern edge of the Pyrenees. Alphonse de Lamartine said: "Pau has the world's most beautiful view of the earth just as Naples has the most beautiful view of the sea." Pau was the place of the very first race to be called a Grand Prix in 1901. Interesting. :D

__

So here's my manager profile. Progress will be slow for the time being. I have plenty of uni work to be seeing to, but i'll get FM-time here and there. So, let's begin. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Just found out i've been handed a £22k transfer budget, and a £17.25k wage budget which i'm £3k under. Not too bad.

I wish i had been handed that :( the board only gave me £15.5k wage budget. What did you say that you would be attempting to finish?

I went for mid-table. It sounds a little optimistic perhaps, but that's the loest I could choose. :D Although, if i'd even gone for winners they would have only put my wage budget up by about £5k I think it was.

I went for mid-table. It sounds a little optimistic perhaps, but that's the loest I could choose. :D Although, if i'd even gone for winners they would have only put my wage budget up by about £5k I think it was.

Oh right I think that was higher than I went with, however, I have found that the squad I inherited at Pau was quite good but it was just ageing, so mid-table is achievable (not that I can achieve that) :)

Homework stoppe much play tonight :(

Did get 1 game. Dresden 1 - 4 Darmstadt. :)

We raced into a 3 goal lead. Hattrick from Baufeldt including 2 free kicks. Then they equalised just before half time. I was expecting the worst. Said I was thrilled at half time and then held onto that until the 80th minue when Lechlriter scored to make it 4. :cool:

Des Tiny's Afyonkarahisarspor

Turkish 2nd Division 2010/11

Pre-Season Update

The Games

We started against our U20s and thrashed them 4-0, though that showed nothing as I had two more games before our new signings joined the club. First against 1st Division Karabukspor, they thrashed us 3-0 and showed me how much I needed to lift the team. Then we had 2nd Division Beykozspor come to our ground and it went through at 0-0. Following what I saw here I was glad for the new signings on July 1st, I will show these below, but here are the games after that.

We travelled to 2nd Division side K. Marasspor and defeated them 2:1 away, this was a sign of things to come as we then had 2nd Division Goztepe come to town and sent them packing with a huge 4:0 victory which included a lovely hattrick by our now captain, he finished it off with a Penalty late in the game. Samsunspor of the 1st Division were the next side to come for a visit and I sent the boys out with no pressure and was rewarded with a huge 2:0 victory. Then with the last couple of games were only three days apart I was not surprised to lose 0:1 & draw 2:2 against 2nd Division competitiors. Luckily I have a month to get the team in order before the season starts.

The Players

I signed a large number of players and have ended up 3k over my wage budget, but I do have a team I think is very capable, the core eighteen are below.

GK - Soner Sahin

DR - Fatih Kilickaya

DL - Musat Saray

DC - Umit Kale

DC - Tuncay Selcuk

MR - Halit Koprulu

ML - Cuneyt Yils

MC - Abdulvahit Karacabey (vc)

MC - Ilyas Kahraman ©

ST - Mehmet Albayrak

ST - Ufuk Balturk

Subs: Serkan Guney, Haydar Koc, Tarik Bukay, Salim Kaya, Mahmut Kariklar, Recai Yakut, Baris Aydin.

That is my squad, pretty happy with them and really I am aiming for something around midtable this season and will try to improve from there maybe swapping out some of the 30+ players after a season or two.

Well my promise that I thought I was showing went out the door in my first two away games of the season, we had the most possession in both games, we just seemed to struggle to make it count at the other end. We lost both of them 2-0, not very happy so far, but I will keep fighting tomorrow. :)

Archived