FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Congrats Uffe!! :D

Thanks!

Well done Uffe! Unfortunately, I have at least one more season of 2nd Division football to come... 2 games to go in the current season and I'm locked into 3rd place. I'll finish the season and get a report up tomorrow.

Too bad. I found out that there is no big difference between 2nd Div and Liga Vitalis. So when you make it out of there you should easily make it to Liga Sagres.

so so tense, but we've done it after a 2-0 home win sees us win 3-2 on aggregate!! :D

Well done rlipscombe. :thup:

Well done on promotion Uffe, have you won the league as well, I guess we'll find out soon.

Sadly our goalie was injured in the end and my reserve keeper just isn´t good enough. It felt like he conceded every shot on goal in the last five games. We finished 2:nd... Review coming soon I hope.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casa Pia Portuguese 2nd Division Central 2014/15

I thought we were going to struggle in Liga Vitalis, especially after my ass man told me we were by far the worst team in the league. But we had no problems up until the last five games where we only took one point. But by then we had already secured our place in Liga Sagres next season.

League

Portuguese Cup

4th Rnd

Portuguese League Cup

3rd Rnd

Key Players - Stats Transfers

Stevan Kovacevic

Amazing as Always.

Ishak Belfodil

He scored 30 goals in 34 games :eek:.

Buba

Solid as ever.

Next season

I really believe we have to fight against relegation this season. After achieving back to back promotions it will be tough to get players good enough to compete. I need a better goalie and left and right defenders and addition to that I would love to have a solid defensive midfielder to partner up with Stevan.

Career

[size=2]Season   Division          Pos   PC         PLC     Achievements[/size]
[size=2]2010/11  2:nd Division C   11th  1st Rnd    N/A     NOPE[/size]
[size=2]2011/12  2:nd Division C   5th   1st Rnd    N/A     NOPE[/size]
[size=2]2012/13  2:nd Division C   4th   3rd Rnd    N/A     NOPE[/size]
[size=2]2013/14  2:nd Division C   1st   Qtr final  N/A     Champions, Promotion via playoff.[/size]
[size=2]2014/15  Liga Vitalis      2nd   4th Rnd    3rd Rnd Promotion[/size]

Filippo Ferri has 14 goals in 10 matches so far, he's on fire. If anyone plays with a lone striker, try putting him as a target-man with supply "to feet". Works amazingly well for me so far. I only turn off the target man if we face 3 central defenders.

May have to try that as I play with Alberto Merola as a lone striker. Though he's doing well at the moment. If he hits a poor streak I'll give the Filippo Ferri tactics a go! He's fast turning into a thread legend FF is :thup:

Leverkusen just much better than any other team in the division :(

Strange that Leverkusen have become the dominant side in your league!

36 year old Ricardo Malafaia has announced he'll retire in his prime at the end of this season. Shame but he is struggling a bit now. What a servant to the club he's been. 152 games and counting.

Resident 'oldie' next year will be none other than Andrea Dossena who is joining on a free. He's still pretty good too and not that slow yet.

Right final catch-up update.

**Season Update - SO Romorantin - 2012/13 Season**

Transfers

A fairly quiet season transfer-wise. Only 2 came in in time to play in this season the rest were signed on frees after the registration deadline but are for next season so I will mention them later.

The two to come in were youngsters. First was Jason Payne a very young goalkeeper who was brought in as back-up after Meite left for £600K.

Second was Giorgio Zanetti, a technically gifted if rather mentally untalented striker who made his debut towards the end of the season, scored, and then proceeded to score in the next two games too. He could be a big part of next season's team.

League

The league was again an improvement on last season. We never looked in danger of relegation, which was nice, but we never looked like challenging for promotion either which was not entirely surprising. We finished 8th after a fairly steady mid-table season.

Cup

Not a great showing. Nothing memorable certainly. I don't think it was this year I had my cup run. But if it was that happened and it's already been detailed by me.

Players

Just a few players of note this season. Expect a return to more in-depth updates next season.

Jorn Vermeulen is a right sided player who has shown himself to be a good acquisition with his form this season.

Vito Wormgoor - a good solid defender who is very useful at this level.

Claudio Keseru was a constant threat up front.

Ladislas Douniama - another good season for the tiny striker.

Amin Arroub - quite simply a fantastic season for the midfielder. He was our top scorer I believe.

Kola Agbo - took a while to secure him, but he looks like he'll be a good 'keeper.

Awards

Top Scorer - Amin Arroub

Fans' Player of the Season - Amin Arroub

Youth Watch

Home-grown

No-one worth mentioning yet.

Non-home grown

Maybe Jason Payne gets a look in here. See above for screenshot.

Aims For This Season Were

Didn't make any in my last report but I think mediocrity would have been an aim!

Aims For Next Season

A few exciting players already lined up, which means I'd like to at least put pressure on the top teams.

Best Elevens

10/11

11/12

12/13

Overall

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11			National			15th				Avoided relegation
2011/12			National			10th				Consolidated
2012/13			National			8th				Steady progression

Trophy Cabinet

N/A

Previous Updates

2010/11

2011/12

Thanks mate, solid progress on your season, I only just read it back. Giorgio Zanetti looks great for that level!

Well we....WON...against the oldest club in Spain (Recreativo) and secured an absolutely vital 3 points.

Ejido lost which puts us 3 points ahead of them, with the better head to head record. Its basically entirely between me and them now. I think we have to get a point at Granada and HAVE to beat Cadiz at home to be safe.

Good luck in playoffs G-Wiz

Good luck in CL qualifiers el sid.

Congrats iaconve! Well done.

We just lost both away and home to Porto. I really hate that tactic they are using :( Makes the group Porto 10, Man Utd 7, Noja 6 with two games left. We'll need a result away to Man Utd and hope Porto take something from them at home. Porto actually managed 3-3 at Old Trafford, they are really tough.

Goddamit!! Haha probably deserved, I hope I make it! On all of my long term small to big club challenges I've never so much as once made it onto favoured personnel!

EDIT: We have 1 defender at the World Cup :D

Eric Eto'o is with Cameroon (played about 1 game for me all year)

Congrats G-Wiz, well done. That is close indeed.

We beat Wien and Porto and Man Utd played another 3-3 match, so we need at least a draw at Old Trafford. Gonna be tough. Worst case we're back in the EURO Cup, which isn't so bad after all.

Well done Ohanzee and el sid. You've got a chance in that group I reckon.

Well, one of my summer signings has done sufficently well for this to happen already, five months later in the winter break.

So I've hastily offered him round at a bit more. I don't really blame the chairman - I'm well within budgets but we lose money every month - but it's a bit of a blow.

Juan Baldomero's...

Castillo C.F 2017/18 End of Season Review

Liga Adelante

The "new league, new boardroom" Edition

[/url]

|Graph

Predicted Finish: 22nd

Squad

Transfers - just 3 in due to the takeover.

Finances - a bit up and down but we're sitting pretty now and those loan repayments look like they'll be easy to cope with.

Season Ticket Holders - 110 (last year 48)

Estimated Value - £4.3m (up by £2.9m)

The Generalities...

Tough year at Castillo largely because of the takeover saga. It dragged on from the beginning of the season to November (about 5 months) and completely prevented me from signing anyone. In the transfers screen you can see that only 3 players were brought in, so essentially it was the promotion team that were charged to keep us up.

So kudos to these stalwarts for doing the job that was asked of them. The improvement to the stadium also crippled our finances to the tune of £4m following a required loan. So basically the club was thrown into dire straits but we just about came up trumps. Based on this the season was a success.

The Players...

Not many to note this year but here are the key men:

Ricardo Malafaia - Great servant for the club and captained us well these last few years. Has announced his retirement and I won't step in his way, he's past it now.

Alberto Merola - Kept up his goalscoring talent in this league scoring 20 this year. He also broke the 50 goal barrier for us in 3 seasons. Impressive form from the young Italian. My player of the season.

Marco Carletti - Had a good year in the middle and will take over the club captaincy next year. Bit inconsistent but I like him.

Average Attendance: 2226 (last year 782)

Fans Player of the Year: Carlo Amodio

My Player of the Year: Alberto Merola

The League Campaign...

Amazingly stayed up despite a number of spanners thrown into the works. We chugged along at the bottom of the table all year long and just pipped the other 4 crap teams to finish 18th.

Very little to say about the campaign to be honest. We had to thank Alberto Merola for his goals and Fran was solid in goal.

The Copa del Rey...

Nothing to talk about here this year. Dropped out of the cup at the first attempt to Real Mallorca.

Other Stuff...

Club Info

Best XI

Best Overall XI

The U19s came 10th out of 16 - still crap but a slight improvement.

The stadium improvements are complete now and the Castillo del Romeral now holds 9150 (6000 seats).

Pleased to finally announce that our facilities are going to be improved! Couldn't come soon enough. Sadly won't come into effect for the next batch of youngsters though.

We signed a new 2 year sponsorship deal for £190k per annum. That's a boost of £120k on last year.

The Plan...

I'm going to have to have a big summer window but to be honest we still don't have the reputation anywhere near big enough to bring anyone in worthwhile. I hope that'll change following the reset date but its unlikely. The expectation is that we'll end up being more players who are of a similar standard to what we have. But if it can plump up the squad then we should achieve survival again next year. As you may be able to tell I expect more small but progressive steps in this league.

Progress so far...

Season   Division          Position     Achievements
2010/11  2nd Division B1   15th         N/A
2011/12  2nd Division B1   12th         N/A
2012/13  2nd Division B1   8th          N/A
2013/14  2nd Division B1   13th         N/A
2014/15  2nd Division B1   10th         N/A
2015/16  2nd Division B1   2nd          Lost in 2nd Round of Playoff Phase, Quarters of Federation Cup
2016/17  2nd Division B1   3rd          Promoted via the Playoffs
2017/18  Liga Adelante     18th         Survived

Oh and some unexpected great news! We've turned pro!! Fingers crossed this will make us a more appealing club to join now! I LOVE my progressive new boardroom :D

Oh this is brilliant! I finally have players worth over £200k interested in joining me (seriously that's been the case for 8 years!). We now have players in the upper echelons of the £2m-£3m bracket interested.

£1.6m to spend as well! First thing to do is bring in 3 more scouts and then get them out and about. I can see this being a very very productive transfer window!

Jorginho rejects the loan move :(

Debating whether to spend all my budget to buy him with the plan to sell him on for a massive fee next summer...

If not, there are a number of talented Spaniards I can sign for decent sums.

minisav - sounds good there, wish my assistant provided me with targets, hasn't done it in about 5 years now :rolleyes:

Angri - End of Season Review 2011/2012

Great season for me at Angri, managing to build on last season and finish in 5th in the league :) won the playoff final by the skin of my teeth, with a goal in the 90th minute to seal promotion, nice when they happen in your favour lol

also managed to break a few records along the way, firstly for the most goals scored in a league campaign in Serie C2/C with 63 (69 including playoff matches), and oldest goalscorer, for Massimiliano Bongiorni, who stumped up another 7 goals in 22 appearances, the last of them at the ripe old age of 41 years and 140 days old!! He has since retired so we'll see if anyone can break that record...

Transfers

player-wise there were a few standouts:

Sebastian Bueno - Top scorer

Andrea Conti - GK - kept us in quite a few games

Luca Crotti - young left back, among top-rated

Luigi Giandomenico Fans Player of The Year for the 2nd year running, he was vital in the teams success this season, scoring over 3 times as many as the previous year, getting on a bit now unfortunately

Matteo Scapini - parnered Bueno up front when possible, also chipping in with a good amount of goals

Antonino Tranchina - bit of a rock in the middle of the park alongside Giandomenico, allowed him to roam forward a bit more, again one of the top-rated for the season

Avg. Attendance - 2491 (up from 1744 previous season)

Season tickets holders - 128

Club value - 180k

As for the forthcoming season, the media predict i will finish bottom of Serie C1/B, so i have a bit of work to do to try and again consolidate for this year, before thinking about pushing on to the next level i think...got a couple of promising looking frees in so we'll see how it goes

:)

n253915745713_7210.jpg

F.C. Unione Venezia - Serie C2/A - Season Review 2011/12

League Finish: 3rd in league, play-off winners Graph

Well it was a real rollercoaster season which ultimately ended with promotion to Serie C1 through they play-offs. it was far from easy though, as the graph shows. We started slowly again, before finding our form and a rise up the league. but with about 10 games to go the wheels fell off and we faded from the championship challenge. That meant the lottery of the play-offs.

We faced Valenzana who came 4th in the semis. We won away 1-0 with a great defensive performance, before going 2-0 up in the home leg. we were cruising until two late goals meant we were hanging on at the end. That meant a final against Pro Sesto, who came 6th. We had a record of 4-2-0 against them so i was fairly confident going into the games. however, we were s**t in the away leg, thankfully escaping with a 2-1 defeat and an away goal. In the home leg, we asserted ourselves and cruised to a 2-0 win which saw us promoted!! :D

In the Serie C Cup, we went out once more at the group stage round, although we did manage our first win. Still mainly used as pre-season though.

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers

Here are a few of the key players this season:

Poncelet - The Belgian U-21 goalkeeper took over from Marruocco as i opted to try youth a little more. Performed well in his first full season, having joined in 2010 on a free transfer. Has good potential and hopefully may stay for a few years yet

Di Bella - Another good season from the italian. Settled properly into the LB role this season.

Carbone - was kept out of the team by Semenzeto for the first part of the season, but once he was injured, Carbone never looked back. Brings good experience and consistency to the back line.

Adani - Veteran CB performed well again this season. out of contract at the end of the season though, and i am still debating whether to give him a new one or not. Feel he may be too old.

Locatelli - Loanee who spent his second season with the Lagunari. Spent last season as back-up RB, but due to a lack of CBs in pre-season, i gave him a go and he stayed there for the whole season. Possibly my surprise package of the season.

Zamfir - Young Romanian defender who provided back-up most of the season. Started a few games early on but had poor consistency so i decided not to risk him too much. Still, one for the future.

Mamede - Another good season from the veteran DM. whether he can handle the step up we will see.

Venema - Exciting young Dutchman signed at the start of the season. gave some outstanding performances and possibly my own player of the year. runner-up to Camolese in player of the year.

Chiazzolino - signed on a permanent deal after his loan spell last season, he performed well as our right winger. Overshadowed by Camolese on the other flank, he still did well.

Camolese - Made the breakthrough this season and found much more consistency. averaged almost an assist every two games. even more still to come. Was named Serie C2/A player of the year.

Perelli - he went and did it again, scoring over 25 goals this season. top goalscorer in the league, he also became Venezia's all time leading goalscorer, beating Filippo Maniero no less! One of the first names on the team sheet.

Paponi - Signed on a free at the beginning of the season, he started a little slowly. Quickly found his stride though and provided better support for Perelli than we'd had last season. Forget your SAS partnership, we have our own PAP one!! :D

Sanchon - Spanish attacker signed on a free, i expected him to do a little better. not helped though by Paponi's form. There is interest in him, and he is a high wage earner - i have a decision to make on him.

Fernandes - young Portugese winger signed on a free. Disappointed but never really got much of a chance. i do think the potential is there though and he does have great pace. need to keep him happy.

With regards to youth players, again we had nothing of any real talent come through. the game seems to love Italian regens based on other games but can we get any?? no chance!!

Finances

As you can see i took a big gamble on wages and went nearly £3k p/w over my budget. it was a gamble i thought worth taking and it proved to be a success. A few home friendlies made up for some of the damage, with Lazio coming to town, as well as the inaugural Venice Shield held over the winter break, which we won despite facing tougher opposition.

Targets for next season:

> Survival. having found the C2A really competitive, i don't really want to be back there. hopefully the C1 is a bit of a better spread.

> FInancially, hopefully we'll be a bit better and the board are willing to give decent budgets.

> keep hold of the star players.

SO, stage 1 of the challenge is complete - just!! onwards and upwards we go.....

Well done of promotion there G-Wiz and rlipscombe.

Looking good for promotion then PRDH, nice one.

Excellent to see you stay up iacovone, also with the loan and going pro you should be able to aim higher next season (I'm still over a million in debt but making a small profit every month).

Good luck in the CL group el-sid, could be worse, you could be in Group C. ;)

I've got some massive games coming up, and I don't mean to avoid relegation... I don't hold much hope though because I have been absolutely awful away which is weird after going all last season unbeaten away.

oh yeah, congrats on staying up iacovone!! i hope to follow your example next season..... it must be nice to have the money to spend....

EDIT: new kit sponsorship and main sponsor announced and we'll get an extra combined £130k from that this year. both one year deals

Typical! I win my last game of the season 5-0 and what good does it do me!

Well quite a lot actually. It won me the league. Unfancied SO Romorantin have won the French National title and will be plying their trade in Ligue 2 next season.

Excellent!

[edit] - The board have just announced the construction of a new stadium. It's only going to be a 12,000 seater to start with, but it'll do! It'll take a year to build. Hopefully I won't be back in the National by then!

Archived