FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not all doom and gloom...6 games into my 2nd season with Angri, i have a positive goal difference in the league for the very first time in my career!! :D

3-2-1 so far after 6 games, i only won 8 league matches all last season! things are looking up for lowly Angri i hope

on another note, does anyone actually pay attention to the pre-match advice with regards to defensive line analysis, width analysis etc? im finding at the moment its really helping if i take the advice of my ass man, either that or my form is just a coincidence lol

Holy crap, 5 games into the league:

Won 4, drawn 1, scored 14, conceded 2 :eek: (the draw was 0-0 too)

Have I finally cracked this game? Only time will tell, probably just cursed myself now though.

My luck ran out next game, away to the 5th placed team, 1-0 up and they score a 35 yard free kick. We have a goal disallowed and their keeper gets man of the match, can't win 'em all.

Maltepespor's Conquest to Glory -- managed by Sercan Çalı

After a fresh start with automatic reputation, my oldly laptop, university and job struck at the same time. Progressing slowly with the game when time permits, here is the first 15 matches at helm:

Istanbulspor     H   2-1
K. Marasspor     H   1-1
Eyupspor         A   3-1
Afyonkarahisar   H   2-1   Cup 1st Q
Gaziosmanpasa    A   2-1
Sariyer          H   1-2
Küçükköyspor     H   3-1   Cup 2nd Q
Tarsus I.Y.      A   2-4
Güngören Bld.    A   2-1
Altinordu        H   2-0
Körfez Bld.      A   2-4
Beykozspor       H   4-2   Cup Playoff (e)
Sakaryaspor      H   1-1
Turgutluspor     A   2-1
Denizli Bld.     H   1-1

Staying 5th in a 18 teamed league where 1st spot is a guaranteed promotion in each group (the leage has 2 groups with 18 teams) and 2nd-5th placed teams had to face each other in a play-off games to determine the 3rd promoted side to Turkish First Division. The start is a good one considering we are predicted to come 17th and the board expects me to "try to avoid relegation".

The Turkish Cup saw us starting against a lower league side in 1st Q Round. 2nd Q Round, we have ditched our rivals Küçükköyspor, yet again another lower league club. Playoff game is the last one that is sitting between us and the group matches, a thrilling match saw us grab two goals in extra time and we are in the groups with a bit of surprise as I was only expected to reach the 1st Q Round, the round I enter :)

We have 9 wins and 3 draws with 30 goals scored and 22 against. If we can sort our defense, we have a very high chance of making the playoff spots.

Had to say my strike force is good enough for the league. I had two veterans when I took charge, bought two more veterans with a 20 year old sub.

Fazlı Ulusoy: He was planned as a good sub striker at first but having bought 3 more in transfer window and seeing their performances dropped Fazlı out of the rotation.

Serkan Aykut: Capped once by national team, played in the top level for quite a bit of time, he was injured at the start of the season but returned with a magnificent form.

And the 3 strikers bought in are:

Mustafa Özkan: Identical careers with Serkan Aykut. Capped once, plenty of experience in the top flight and a reserve career in Germany.

Yasar Aydin: The most technical striker in my arsenal. Never set his foot in the grand scene but has a little First Division experience. Gets the job done when he finds the position suitable.

And the 20 year old SUPER-SUB Okan Sari: He started to impress me with his sub appearances. Got 6 goals in his first 5 games. His shots are on target most of the time and he does make them count most of the time as well :cool:

Hopefully my striking squad will keep their forms throughout the season to give me a relaxed first year or I'll be pretty troubled with my defense. 9 wins and 3 draws were not as easy as they sound to be honest when you are expecting to concede a goal every game. Now that is stressing.

I'm trying to follow other people's careers as best as I can but I can't see myself as dedicated as some of the people here so I salute you guys. My final words go to Gilbster:

Ohh, how I missed your "flyin thru season" days from FM 09. Keep up the progress mate :thup:

Good luck with Maltepespor 5ergio. :thup:

My start to the new season in Portugal has been ridiculous. We are unbeaten in 9 games since an opening day defeat to Aves. Not too bad but Boavista, after winning our group last year, bottled the play-offs and stayed put and they sit top with 10 wins out of 10, 11 points ahead of us in 2nd place... :(

We get a chance to start their slippery slide down now though as we play them away. ;)

Well done iacovone, hopefully the turning point there.

And unlucky Dodgee, that is a massive gap to bridge, hopefully Boavista will go up this season.

I wish I could carry on but have to go to work :(, will do my first season update in the morning if the computer behaves.

2014/15 - Elgin City - Scottish 1st Division

Media Precition: 12th

Finished: 9th

League Cup: 3rd Round

Scottish Cup: 4th Round

First of all our stadium expansion was completed in April sending our capacity to 9449 (6000 seats). This has already helped to bring in some extra funds. However, now that we were back in the black and gain some prize money from league position, the board decided to add Under Soil Heating. Cheers board.

Transfers - No money thanks to the expansion but we did what we could via the free transfer market. So only 4 players in this season, forwards Tchite and Smarason who I updated you about earlier. The other two were recommendations from my coaching staff, Burkina Faso international, Kabore and a new keeper, Pini from Italy. Six players left during the season, gaining 4.5k from the sale of Enckelman. Shimmin, Parraga and Pedro have all left since, under bosman ruling.

League - Great season in the end. Our target was survival and we did that without a nervous moment. Finishing 9th was more than I expected. We achieved a -11 GD which is also compliment to the defence in such a tough league. I only drew 8 games aswell which is less than expected.

Squad - Pretty much the same squad, but less Spanish than last season. Only one Scot though which I still need to address. Our best player was probably Quintero, scoring 17 goals in 38 games, other than that it was Smarason for his all round performance. I feel I need to find a new DL, DC, MR, ML and another ST for the new season.

Finances - Started in the red, got into the black, finished in the red. The new under soil heating is costing us 2mil, but no loan to off set the finances.

Next Season?

• Find some decent Scottish players
  • Consolidate in the SPL
  • Do better in Cups.

Season|Division      |Finished|Achivements
10/11 |3rd Division  |1st     |Champions
11/12 |2nd Division  |1st     |Champions
12/13 |1st Division  |6th     |-
13/14 |1st Division  |1st     |Champions, Challenge Cup Winners
14/15 |SPL           |9th     |Survived

Great first season up ToMexico!. Exactly the same expansion that I got and then same under soil heating thing I got the following season too! You may yet get a loan for that under soil heating, I have 2 loans and I'm sure the second one was to do with the heating! Good luck with next season, looks like you have a good base to build from.

Good luck against Barcelona, Iacovone

2 games til the big Barca clash!! I may do a key highlights commentary on here. Its 2 legs as well :). Serious money spinner

Its also the exact same situation as the real life Real Madrid vs Alcorcon. Same round. Me at home first. Mon the 4-0 :D

We're here at Castillo del Romeral for the visit of FC Barcelona!! 2635 tickets have been sold (capacity is 3150 ffs!! what does it take?! maybe there are only 2635 people on Gran Canaria)

Our team is almost 100%. They have the likes of Zlatan, Iniesta, Ribery and Joe Mattock :D

5mins: Fran with a good save off a Barca corner.

9mins: Morela with a chance but hits it tamely at their keeper. Zlatan responds with a 30 yarder, saved by Fran.

12mins: Amodio free kick....GOAL for Castillo!!!!

14mins: Zlatan with another effort from distance, Fran with a big save!

30mins: Fran tips an Iniesta curler over

HT

52: Zlatan with a point blank header straight over. Phew

55mins: Mesut Ozil rounds Fran on the counter and scores...but offside!!

65mins: Fran tips a Zlatan drive onto the post. Amazing save!

66mins: Resulting corner falls to Ozil 30 yards out and BANG, top corner...1-1

75mins: Barca attack broken down and a quick Castillo counter attack leads to Ravel Morrison being played in...superb composure as he rolls the ball into the corner. 2-1 Castillo!!!!

93mins: Ribery down the right crosses for Iniesta to meet on the volley. Top corner, goal for Barca and one of the great results of the thread ruined :(.

FT 2-2

What a performance nonetheless!

rlipscombe - True that. I've turned him into a AMC as well, so he's played there a lot which is partly why he has so many assists. My 3 strikers are competent or accomplished in AMR, AMC and AML respectively now. Very handy.

iacovone that's an amazing result. Have a look at finances income now and then again after the away game. I'd like to know how much a game at Nou Camp means for you. They seem to get a almost full crowd no matter who they play and you should get a % of the income I think :D

Gilbster - 2027/28 Elgin City - Scottish Premier Division - End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers | European Results

New signings : Vitaly Kusov | Oliveira

My European progress has been pretty well documented, but to recap, somehow we beat Ajax and Fiorentina to get to the Champions League Group stage, put in some great results in the group including beating Inter in Milan and then lost 3-1 on aggregate to Liverpool in the 1st knockout stage. Given how badly we were beaten last time we had Champions League football, this is fantastic progress.

The domestic cups this season arent even worthy of me finishing this sentence about them

The league we started off dodgily which worried me, which was possibly partly due to my new goalie Kusov settling into the squad. Luckily he turned out to be pretty good, and even got a young player of the month award one month. We eventually found some form, but seemed happier drawing matches than winning, which was a bit weird, but at least we fought hard to get 3rd place. We did get 1 really notable result which was 7-1 against Celtic at Borough Briggs.

Financially the club is in great shape, so I am hoping for a transfer budget that I can pay for more than 1 or 2 players next season.

Aims for the new season

New backup goalie - seem to need those every year!

New backup AMC - still looking

Perhaps stronger defenders

EURO Cup knockout stages

European qualification again

Career So Far

Season    Division           Position    Points     Achievements
2010/11   Third Division     3rd         59         Lost in playoff semi final
2011/12   Third Division     1st         77         Winner
2012/13   Second Division    4th         56         Promoted from Playoffs
2013/14   First Division     1st         72         Winner. Challenge Cup Winner
2014/15   Premier Division   12th        34         Relegated
2015/16   First Division     2nd         67
2016/17   First Division     2nd         60
2017/18   First Division     1st         67         Winner
2018/19   Premier Division   7th         49         
2019/20   Premier Division   7th         47
2020/21   Premier Division   8th         47
2021/22   Premier Division   7th         54         Scottish Cup Winner
2022/23   Premier Division   4th         69         Scottish Cup Runners Up. Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rd.
2023/24   Premier Division   1st         75         Champions!  Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rd.
2024/25   Premier Divison    6th         52         
2025/26   Premier Division   7th         53         League Cup Runners Up
2026/27   Premier Division   2nd         79         Runners Up - League and Scottish Cup
2027/28   Premier Division   3rd         69         Champions League 1st Knockout Rd

Great result anyway iacovone!

I'm two games away from the end of another season. I promise to get the reports up tomorrow.

I've given a debut (total, not just for Romorantin) to a young Italian striker, he came off the bench for his debut, scored a goal, and added an assist. Then in his second game (a start) he scored again. I'm hoping for big things for Giorgio Zanetti.

Wow gettting another 500 seats added to the stadium and then I get an annoucement that my loans have been paid off due to the financial success this season, and we still have just over £20 million in the bank. Still waiting to see how little of that I get to spend though.

PRDH - sounds similar to my Alberto Merola!

Gilbster - a fairly good year, I think its all about trying to secure the league for a few years on the bounce then you can really get stuck into the Champions League. Good to see another side other than Rangers and Celtic win the league.

I think I understated how good that result against Barca was! When you put it in perspective that was phenomenal. Need to work out my tactics for the away leg. May go and park the bus and try and nick a goal. OR i could go for it from the off and then park the bus if we get a lucky goal. Decisions decisions...

PRDH - sounds similar to my Alberto Merola!

Worryingly similar. Slightly less about him mentally, but slightly better technically. Discarded by Juventus.

Just signed a player, (very excited) who can be registered next season, who was discarded by Lazio.

He just scored again in his third game. That makes it 2(1) apps, 3 goals, 1 assist.

Archived