FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two games left and any one of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th could get it - and a possible promotion/relegation playoff with 1860 Munchen.

The good news is that we're 3rd, and two wins would do it. The bad news is that we're away to champions elect and best team in the division Dusseldorf in our last fixture. The worse news is that top scorer and totem Christopher Kullmann is injured, and would also miss the playoff should we make it.

Sport Benfica e Castelo Branco – 2012/13 Season Review

1487.png

2nd Division North 3rd

Portuguese Cup 3rd Round

A disappointing season as we fell behind Boavista early on and never caught up. We gave up too many goals against weaker opposition to draw or lose mathces we should have won and our lack of cover up front was exposed with Adriano injured a lot and Johnathan unable to find any form in his place.

A couple of easy games saw us reach the 3rd round of the cup, where we came unstuck against Liga Sagres side Naval.

I notice a worrying pattern: 1st 2 years ago, then 2nd, now 3rd... I need to buck the trend next season. I’ve got some new players coming in who should improve the squad – I just hope it’s enough.

Best match of the season: B.C. Branco 5, Chaves 3 – a great game to watch with end to end action and plenty of game-changing moments!

Key Players:

Samir (DR) – once again played better than his stats would suggest.

Guiseppe Ferraro (DC) – in great form at the centre of defence. It looks like it will be a struggle to keep him at the club this summer.

Massimo Galli (DL) – not as many assists as last year but still a key member of the defence and nerves of steel when it came to penalties!

Maurizio Ciaramitaro (MC) – my deep-lying playmaker did a great job protecting the defence and starting the attacking moves.

Marquinho (ST) – topscorer with 17 goals, we would have struggled a lot more wşthout him.

Awards:

Fans’ Player of the Year – Guiseppe Ferraro

Portuguese 2nd Division Team of the Year – Guiseppe Ferraro & Massimo Galli

The Season Ahead (Aims):

• Challenge for top spot.
  • Add more depth up front.

I’ve already arranged a few deals for July 1st so I’ll introduce the new guys who I hope will make a difference next season now:

Gerardo – set to become first choice on the right and offers cover across midfield if needed.

Juan Lorenzo – my scouts believe this guy is a future Liga Sagres star.

Christopher Verblist – will be back-up on the left for now but will add depth to the squad.

Manu Busto – will give me some more experience up front.

The Story So Far...

[font=Courier New][b][u]
Season[/u]   [u]Division[/u]     [u]Pos.[/u]   [u]Cup[/u]     [u]L.Cup[/u]   [u]Europe[/u]   [u]Other[/u][/b]
2010-11  2nd(Central) 1st    3rdR    N/A     N/A      3rd in promotion play-off
2011-12  2nd(North)   2nd    2ndR    N/A     N/A      -
2012-13  2nd(North)   3rd    3rdR    N/A     N/A      -[/font]

Right. I have a five hour train journey this morning, and the same tomorrow. I'm taking my computer, I'm hoping to get some serious playing time in! And, hopefully I'll be able to get my report up sometime today too. I'm sure you can all hardly wait after that announcement!

[edit] - First job offer. My reputation is obviously growing. Tunisia wanted me to take over. Obviously, je dit: "Non!"

Dodgee, that's unlucky again. The table link takes me to the 5-3 match, did Boavista go up finally?
Link should be the right one now. Good news is Boavista did indeed finally go up. In fact, they blitzed the play-off group, winning all 4 games!

I made a couple more new signings and changed my backroom staff a little. My new ass man already seems on the ball as I played the same formation as last season in the summer friendlies and he has been pointing out gaps in the midfield and suggesting more detailed OIs than the previous guy ever did.

I'll update on my new signings and how it's all going after little playing session. ;)

already i have to say planning for the new season is going pretty well. We got an £18k transfer budget, and a £31k p/w wage budget. the board only wanted me to stay up and offered £26k p/w, but i have taken a calculated risk and said mid-table which gave me the extra £5k p/w. My starting wage total was £18k p/w, so i had £13k to play with.

i have changed my Ass man to a guy with national reputation, and he seems to be better. i have brought in an extra 4 coaches and 2 more scouts which is good.

i've already been pretty active in the transfer market and am quite excited by some of the signings. i'll introduce them in the season preview but IF we gel pretty quickly i'm optimistic we can meet my targets......

Oh dear. First game in Ligue 2 is not going well! I thought I'd assembled a pretty decent squad. But just found myself on the end of a 4-1 home defeat to Angers. My goal was a late consolation. Oh dear, this could be a tricky season!

B.C. Branco Mini Update: January 2014

Time to risk the forum curse! :p We have been playing much better this season, mainly due to a more attacking line-up which is getting us a lot of goals (my new ass man suggested my midfield was sitting too deep at the start of the season so my wingers are now much more aggresive and my central midfielders are covering dfence less and getting forward more). Those 1-1 draws and 2-1 defeats of last season are now turning into 3-1 and 4-2 victories in our favour. :thup:

After 15 games, the table looks like this. Infesta are our main challengers and in many ways they are the opposite to us as they play a very tight defence and grind out those 1-0 and 2-0 wins. We haven't played each other yet so those two matches will be key in deciding who advances to the promotion play-offs.

Two new summer signings have been instrumental in our success so far. Gerardo has been fantastic on the right and a lot of our attacking play goes through him. Manu Busto has been a key addition up front with goals and assists a plenty - I just wish he was ten years younger!

OMG just found the best regen i have ever seen playing for Real Madrid. Hoping too get him someday when i'll be in German First Division, by that time he'll be 40 lol

Marcao

Wow! He is a great player. Possibly the best 21-year-old I've ever seen.

Good luck getting him in the future.

My second game didn't go well either. A 4-0 loss. Two games played. Lost two, conceded eight!

Wow! He is a great player. Possibly the best 21-year-old I've ever seen.

Good luck getting him in the future.

My second game didn't go well either. A 4-0 loss. Two games played. Lost two, conceded eight!

Best part is he's not even a first team regular :confused:

UD Merida Season Review 2010/11

4th in Segunda Division B Grupo 4 (pred: 12th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The Team

I was pretty ambitious from the moment I took over. I knew I need to make major changes and be active in the transfer market for us to have a chance to battle in the top, and that is exactly what I did.

At the beining, I had no backroom staff, so in order to be able to recognize the true qualities of players, I had to bring them in on trial. Many came in, a few stayed.

In the beginning i've also struggled with the tactics, until I found a formation with which i've played for most of the season. It is quite offensive, with both full backs and the defensive midfielder supporting. Magallens, who started the season quite poorly, cought his form and acted as a playmaker.

As Magallens is not in the best shape, he could not play more than 60-65 minutesm so, usually i've brought in an extra supporting DM instead for the last 30 minutes.

GK Carlos played for most of the season, but I was not quite satisfied from his form. In jnauary I signed Alberto Serafini, who was released from Inter. He didn't get in the team right away, but when Carlos got injured he took the place, and he held it until the end of the season. Eventually, Carlos was released.

DR Santiago Villafane, who was signed from Boca, played for most of the season, but again, injury ruled him out for a couple of matches, which opened the way for Kevin Debris, who played at the center of defence up until that point.

DL This position change a few times throughout the season. Jose Mari played for most of the season. Carlos Delgado, who was on loan from Valladolid, and played at the center of defence for most of the season, also had a few matches in the position. Eventually, the place was taken by Paolo Marchi, who was also released by inter.

DC As I said, Carlos Delgado and Kevin Debris played quite a few in the position. But as they can also play as full backs, the most permanent player at the position was young and talented Daniel Ayala, who was released by Liverpool. Diego Rangel Was also another player who got a few matches, befor being released at the end of the season.

DMC Espolita was signed from Racing at the begining of the season, and he held the position throughout. In january I felt I felt i have no depth in the position, so I signed young Koke from Atletico Madrid. He didn't get to many chances, but he's one that i'm relying on for the future. Rangel also got a few matches in the position, as well as Josep Maria Pages, who was released in the end of the season.

AML From the moment i've found my winning formation, which included a left winger, which I didn't use before, it was taken by Giuseppe Giovinco, who was singed in December, after being released by Juventus. Being the younger brother of Juventus and Italy star Sebastian, Giuseppe is very ambitious, and I hope he will help us progress. Ismael is another player who played a few matches, but i'll be looking for a new club for him, as I dont think he has the qualities to help me.

AMR This position saw one of my best player. Brazilian winger Claudio was signed on a free transfer in the begining of the season, and he was absolutely great. David De Pablos also played a few matches, but his contract ended in the end of the season and i've decided not to renew it.

AMC This position belonged soley to our captain Federico Magallens, who had a good season with 15 goals and 10 assists. Not in the best shape, and was not able to play more than 60-65 minutes, but still was one of the best. Pablo Valcarce, who was signed on the recomandation of the scouting team, didn't get too many chances, and will probably be offloaded.

SC I had a pretty good striking partnership, with physical Aridane who was signed from Zaragoza on a free, acting as a target man. Goran Maric helped him up front, and also had quite a good season. Another position I felt I did not have enough depth in, so in January i've signed young Stefano Di Fabio, who didn't leave quite an impression so far.

The League

The season can really be divided into 3 phases:

The first phase made me think that although the team just got promoted, we have a good chance of going up.

The second phase made me understand where i'm at, and that there are just a few clubs which have more quality.

The third phase (3 more wins in the end which didn't fit in the screenshot) signified my season the most, and was the longest. After the good beining, and the few bad matches which followed, i've found my form and was quite stable until the end.

I've had a few good matches during the season:

The best one was against champions Cordoba, who only lost 4 matches throughout the season, and finished the campaign with 96! points.

Another nice one was away to promotion candidates Jaen.

I've also had a few demolitions, with the more notable were against Murcia Imperial and Alcala.

And than came the playoff. I've came in of a really good league run, and was quite secure of my team. the first 45-50 minutes of each of both matches went really well, but from than onwards, in both games, the team just crashed. I don't have a better word to describe what happened, and why it happened. Maybe the lack of experience, maybe the players were tired from the long season, or maybe Ferrol were just better.

In any case, the experience was quite traumatic:

Game 1

Game 2

Aims at the begining at the season

1. To build a decent backroom staff who will help me move forward-Check. I've signed an assistant manager as well as a few nice coaches and scouts. Also got a pretty god physio.

2. Bulk up the squad a little bit with some experience- I've signed a few experienced players, but they weren't quite significant, and most of them were released in the end of the season. I will just have to keep building on Magallanes' experience.

3. Possibly find 1-2 young prospects- Check. Got quite a few in, with Koke, Claudio nad Giovinco being the most noteble.

4. Finish in the top 10 of my division- Check big time. Finished 4th and only lost in the playoff.

Aims for the next season

1. After a season of acclimation, my main goal is without a doubt getting the promotion to Liga Adelante.

2. Improving the squd in a few key positions, mainly in the defensive part.

3. Improving my finnancial situation, which is quite poor at the moment.

4. Building an infrastructure ready for Liga Adelante: facilities, back room staff and players. I don't want to go back down if I do go up.

SEASON	LEAGUE	POS	S-CUP				NOTES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/11	2D-B4	4th	-				Lost in the playoff

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great first season Jobnik, ul in the play offs though.

What a way to get only my second away win of the season. :D I'm sure to be in Liga Adelante again next season but it's been promosing and picked up some good results including beating Betis at home who I hope go up along with Las Palmas who are the only team so far to do the double over me.

Won the next game 5-0 with another Saúl hat-trick. :cool:

iacovone - He looks good for 17, do your scouts say he'll become a good Liga BBVA player? I'd probably retrain him as an attacking midfielder too.

However at the moment if you need more strength in depth I'd stick to spreading the money around a bit more.

Guys I need an opinion...

Found Oscar Juarez in Argentina who I can sign for 90% of my transfer budget. He won't arrive til the January window though. Is this worth it or should I spend it more wisely and more across the board?

He looks like a decent signing, but I'm always a fan of steady improvement. It depends what you think the rest of your team are like.

If they're good enough for the league go for it. If you don't think they are then I'd try and get 4 decent players for the league, rather than one is very good. It's a team game.

Hmm yes a 'good BBVA central midfielder'. I was going to retrain him as an AMC too but really stuck on this. I guess it would be foolish to spend all my money on him for only 6 months this year. Going to leave him for now and hope in 12 months he'll still be attainable.

Cheers berty :thup: and PRDH :thup:

Guys I need an opinion...

Found Oscar Juarez in Argentina who I can sign for 90% of my transfer budget. He won't arrive til the January window though. Is this worth it or should I spend it more wisely and more across the board?

Looks great overal, although his passing and off the movement are not the best. Does he have SC as an optional position? great finishing, good pace, only the heading left to improve.

Anyway, depends how much time there is until January. If youre outside the transfer window, and any other player will also arrive in January, I would say take him. Even if you could get others right now, I think it will be better to wait for him, as he looks class.

F.C. Unione Venezia - Serie C2/A - Season Review 2011/12

Great season rlipscombe, many congrats on the promotion.

That is a fantastic message :D. Don't go setting anymore records like that though.

Typical! I win my last game of the season 5-0 and what good does it do me!

Well quite a lot actually. It won me the league. Unfancied SO Romorantin have won the French National title and will be plying their trade in Ligue 2 next season.

Excellent!

[edit] - The board have just announced the construction of a new stadium. It's only going to be a 12,000 seater to start with, but it'll do! It'll take a year to build. Hopefully I won't be back in the National by then!

Great season PRDH and to get a new stadium so soon is fantastic news!

Wow :cool:

I have never had that high odds playing FM :D

That is the highest I've ever seen! I was at 1010.00 last year and thought that was a lot!

Right. I have a five hour train journey this morning, and the same tomorrow. I'm taking my computer, I'm hoping to get some serious playing time in! And, hopefully I'll be able to get my report up sometime today too. I'm sure you can all hardly wait after that announcement!

[edit] - First job offer. My reputation is obviously growing. Tunisia wanted me to take over. Obviously, je dit: "Non!"

Tunisia!! Brilliant. Save that for a rainy day perhaps?!

Stunning result, definitely didn't see that one coming.

Awesome again el sid, you're flying with Munster!

OMG just found the best regen i have ever seen playing for Real Madrid. Hoping too get him someday when i'll be in German First Division, by that time he'll be 40 lol

Marcao

He is absolutely amazing. I'd love to see you snap him up one season down the line!

Baffling!

I've got my first point!!

[edit] - And there's my first win. Lille sent crashing to a 2-0 defeat.

Hurrah!!

B.C. Branco Mini Update: January 2014

Time to risk the forum curse! :p We have been playing much better this season, mainly due to a more attacking line-up which is getting us a lot of goals (my new ass man suggested my midfield was sitting too deep at the start of the season so my wingers are now much more aggresive and my central midfielders are covering dfence less and getting forward more). Those 1-1 draws and 2-1 defeats of last season are now turning into 3-1 and 4-2 victories in our favour. :thup:

After 15 games, the table looks like this. Infesta are our main challengers and in many ways they are the opposite to us as they play a very tight defence and grind out those 1-0 and 2-0 wins. We haven't played each other yet so those two matches will be key in deciding who advances to the promotion play-offs.

I laugh in the face of this forum curse!! HaHaHaHaHaa! :D

And that against Infesta, who had only conceded 5 and had kept 7 clean sheets in a row prior to this game. :)

Congrats PRDH, and a new stadium! Sweet!

Good luck DodgeeD, have a good feeling with Boavista gone!

Great result against Roma el sid!

bjoggi33 that guy looks amazing. Did he start at Real or did their scouts find him?

Great first season Jobnik! Superb review as well. :thup:

iacovone I think Juarez looks brilliant for that level tbh. If you can find more decent improvements on free transfers I'd go for him even if there's a 6 month wait tbh.

I haven't played any more myself, the call of the beers caught me last night :rolleyes: Might get some done this evening.

Good luck everyone :thup:

(edit) On the topic of regens. Liverpool got this guy, Simon Ward. He's one of them face in the game regens I guess, only appeared this summer. We found him to late obviously, he's a important first teamer already now.

bjoggi33 that guy looks amazing. Did he start at Real or did their scouts find him?

iacovone I think Juarez looks brilliant for that level tbh. If you can find more decent improvements on free transfers I'd go for him even if there's a 6 month wait tbh.

I haven't played any more myself, the call of the beers caught me last night :rolleyes: Might get some done this evening.

(edit) On the topic of regens. Liverpool got this guy, Simon Ward. He's one of them face in the game regens I guess, only appeared this summer. We found him to late obviously, he's a important first teamer already now.

No he came from the academy of Sao Paulo, then Real Madrid bought him for 18.25m

Well the busiest summer we've had has just ended and I'm pleased to introduce the 6 new boys.

Airam Cabezas - is a 16 year old prospect from relegated Ejido. He'll provide me with a chance to get excited about a youngster for a change :D

Serafin Gago - will get pulses racing even more however. What a prospect he looks at just 16. Signed from Pontevedra for £400k - not cheap but is versatile enough to give us good options at the back. Described as 'volatile and confrontational'!

Dario - young right back from Brazil described as 'outspoken'.

Darko Jakimovski - looks a good centre back to replace Abels. I hope anyway! Also described as 'outspoken'.

Giannis Athanasiou - signed for £0 from PAOK and immediately becomes the best player in the squad. A dream signing for us really. He is 'outspoken, volatile and confrontational'!

Carioca - the fans weren't happy when he signed as he saw us as a stepping stone to greater things. But that's ok by me so long as we get a nice big transfer fee. Also 'outspoken, volatile and confrontational'!

So overall the defence has had a complete makeover, I'm pretty pleased with the new look at the moment. My man management skills are going to be severely pushed to the limit though with these big personalities entering the dressing room! I can see a lot of tension on its way...:rolleyes:

I am also pleased to let you know that I will be signing Oscar Juarez as well. The chairman sold VC Johan Abels to Castellon for a tidy million so we were left with enough to spend on the exciting youngster. He arrives on January 2nd 2019. :cool:

A good set of signings iacovone :thup: - I especially like the look of Gago, not too sure about the 'look' of Jakimovski with that red mane! :p (Also LOL for his name - cue plenty of jokes including 'Jack him off' :D).

I have just secured the 2nd Division North title with 2 games to go. Now, on to the promotion play-offs! :)

Thanks for that. We have adopted the model which was implemented at Noja :-)

Hope we can get to that level.

Nice signings iacovone. Glad you're getting Oscar Juarez as well, can't wait to see how he turn out. Good luck, I think you'll stay well safe this year, maybe even surprise a bit ;)

Good luck in the playoffs DodgeeD, crossing fingers :thup:

I especially like the look of Gago, not too sure about the 'look' of Jakimovski with that red mane! :p (Also LOL for his name - cue plenty of jokes including 'Jack him off' :D).

I have just secured the 2nd Division North title with 2 games to go. Now, on to the promotion play-offs!

Haha he does have a great name our Darko :D

Good luck with your promotion playoffs! Great work winning the title :thup:

Nice signings iacovone. Glad you're getting Oscar Juarez as well, can't wait to see how he turn out. Good luck, I think you'll stay well safe this year, maybe even surprise a bit ;)

Good luck in the playoffs DodgeeD, crossing fingers :thup:

I think we may surprise a few people too tbh ;)

Archived