[FM 2010] The Official Created Competition Discussion Thread

Michael F

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Maltese League thingy linked in first posts just causes an error for me when I click New Game and it's selected to be loaded. All other leagues works fine.

I can assure you it work perfectly well for me. Holidayed to 2015 and beyond, after adding loads of new data. Still working on an updated file in here, maybe that will work for you.

You mean regional borders aren't set? That's done by entering cities, not coordinates.

From my experience it's working slightly better to set borders than leaving them out, but overall it's more accurate to set the Regional Competitions for a club. Overall, making regional leagues is very much possible, and it's working very well in the German league patch. There are occasions where a team ends up in the wrong division regardless, but SI are aware of the issue and will hopefully fix it.

I mean the co-ordinates that are contained in the cities are missing for many in Switzerland. I can't be bothered to check a map to put all missing ones in (and it would be necessary anyway for me to check a map to ascertain which teams should be in which regional division, as I'm not a native Swiss I don't have this knowledge)

In my Swiss file all citites (more than 500) are set with correct latitude and longitude. (If you want to do it manually, just use wikipedia as source). Regionalising the lower leagues works very well if you set the right boundaries for the divisions.

Ah okay, but they're only set in your alternate reality files aren't they?

Because I used your real life file as the basis, and some are still missing...

I am trying to create the Brazilian State Second Divisions and I almost succeed. You guys know that the State Championships have relegation zones, even they are marked as cups in the editor. However, when I create a State Second Division, like the Segundona Carioca, the game doesn't switch the teams relegated from the First Division with the promoted ones from the Second Division. So I added the string in the xml that tells how many teams are promoted in the Second Division. I put it in the specific place where the Second Division is in the xml code. And for my surprise it worked well. However, when I added the same string in other Second Divisions, like the Segundona Paulista and Inferior Gaúcho, it didn't worked. Can you tell me how I make this work?

I mean the co-ordinates that are contained in the cities are missing for many in Switzerland. I can't be bothered to check a map to put all missing ones in (and it would be necessary anyway for me to check a map to ascertain which teams should be in which regional division, as I'm not a native Swiss I don't have this knowledge)

There's a good website for checking coordinates: http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Checking maps to ascertain where teams would go is unfortunately a necessary evil. It spoils the fun when teams end up in completely unrealistic divisions, plus teams would get reshuffled way too much - every season the teams would play in a different league of the same level.

It's a lot of work to make realistic regional competitions, but in my opinion absolutely necessary if people familiar with the country are ever going to play it.

I'm at the moment trying to sort out the Austrian Leagues from the 2nd Landesliga upwards and it's a hell of a task. The lat/long problems are insane here, even major cities (as in cities with teams in the Bundesliga) have no co-ordinates set and it is indeed a necessary evil.

Also, the Cypriot league and Algerian leagues work a charm for me. KUTGW.

The process to do this is as follows:

1) Create your new competition. Ensure you do not add teams. Ensure you attribute this competition to one of the ten nations i.e Croatia.

2) Add Nation rules for Croatia(or nation you have added to competition) and add as 'other Cup'

3) when doing the very first stages of adding cup only add croatian top league and add 10 teams.

4) once competition added to cup list start doing fiddley bits. i.e change the croatian league entrants to 1 and then add 9 more on list and add specifc league(select premier leagues for the nations entered)

from here you should be good to go and edit the other areas of the competition. If you are still stuck I can cobble together a demo versionfor you to look at tonight and email it to you....just PM me if needed :thup::)

So this means if this nation cup works, then the league i chose to "add nation rules" won't work? And can clubs from the league join the existing regional competition?

For ex, I'd like to set up a new cup call the AFF CUP for the 10 South East Asian (SEA) nations. Currently I have the Viet, Thai, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia league playable. There is 1 club championship among the 10 nations already in the game. So if I want to create the AFF Cup by choosing to "add nation rules" for Brunei, can clubs from Brunei join the existing cup?

What if I want to create a new cup championships for Asia (like the asian champions league) or for SEA using Brunei as the "add nation rules", can clubs from Brunei join those new cups? Can those new cups playable alongside the national leagues like the Thai, Viet leagues...?

Many thanks!

Has anyone tried the Japanese file, from page 1? I've been testing it & noticed that the All Star teams have been enterred into the national cups. I'm presuming that this is an error, but just wanted to ask anyway. Is there a way to stop them from taking part?

Show me where to find the information on the league/s and I will.

RSSSF has reasonably adequate information (format, results, fixtures, promotion/relegation). A third tier of 12 teams, 2 up and 2 down, 2 rounds. A fourth tier of 24 teams in 4 groups, playing each other thrice, best two in each group to play off for two promotion spots and the 4th tier championship. You have to create one team (a team named KFK, information about home stadium, colours and so is available on the Icelandic federation website (I guessed KSI is the federation)) of the 4th tier teams which replaced a team withdrawing. KSI has also links and information about all football clubs on Iceland, seems to be a bit above 100 in total)

Currently the teams in the game not in the top two tiers are in "Icelandic Lower Division". 42 in total, 12 in the RL 3rd tier, 23 in the RL 4th tier and 7 other (among those the withdrawing team from the 4th tier). The problem is I think the Icelandic Cup requires at least 28 teams in Icelandic Lower Division because FM starts with the Icelandic Cup 2nd round where there are 20 matches (IRL 2nd and 3rd tier enter in this round). 20 matches means 40 teams, 12 of them from the 2nd tier means another 28 teams are needed.

The Icelandic Cup 1st round should have 32 teams (I guess 24 of those from the 4th tier and 8 other teams) if you choose to implement that round. (Decent info on English wikipedia about this cup)

In the game there is something called Lower League Cup with 18 teams (from the 3rd tier and below). I have not been able to find real-life results from this tournament and I reckon it's not easy to find information about this tournament for a non-Icelandic though. To improve game play, I would recommend redesigning this cup to include all teams in the 3rd and 4th tier.

The problem with the 28 teams requirement in Icelandic Lower Division (when 'Test Nation Rules') has stopped me from success in creating the 3rd and 4th tier.

Ah okay, but they're only set in your alternate reality files aren't they?

Because I used your real life file as the basis, and some are still missing...

That's basically the original database. A lot of cities have no or wrong latitude/longitude, I added all cities manually to my file with accurate figures.

You could also have a look at my regional bounderies in my SwissAlternate file, it works very well over several season.

I want to do the following

i want to go back to the original league formations from the 70s ie

English Div 1 with 22 teams with 2 getting relagated.

English Div 2 with 22 teams with 2 getting promoted and 2 relegated

English Div 3 with 24 teams with 2 getting promoted and 4 relegated

English Div 4 with 24 teams with 4 getting promoted and 2 relegated

Southern League (Conference) Prem Div 22 teams 2 promoted and 4 relegated 2 going down to Div 1 (South) and 2 to Div 1 (North)

Div 1 (South) 22 teams with 2 up and 2 down

Div 1 (North) 22 teams with 2 up and 2 down

Northern Prem League 24 teams 2 up and 2 down

Div 1 20 teams 2 up and 2 down

Isthiman League Div 1 22 teams 2 up and 2 down

Scotland i want just 2 Divisions Div 1 with 18 teams with 2 getting relegated

and Div 2 with 19 teams with 2 getting promoted and no relegation or maybe applying for re-election.

Northern Ireland 1 division of 12 teams no relegation

Rep Of ireland 1 division of 14 teams no relegation

Wales 3 divisions

Div 1 18teams 2 down

Div 2 18 teams 2 up and 2 down

Div 3 19 teams 2 up and no relegation

European Cup straigt knock out 1st rd 32 teams over 2 legs up to the final. final to be played over 1 game replay if drawn.

Cup Winners Cup straigt knock 1st rd 32 knock out over 2 legs up to the final.final to be played over 1 game replay if drawn

UEFA Cup straigt knock 1st rd 64 teams over 2 legs and 2 legs for final too.

European Cup Holders to qualify plus champions from each nation go into the hat for the draw.

Cup Winners Cup Lge Cup & FA Cup winners qualify plus holders

UEFA Cup next best 4 placings in league qulify plus holders.

I know there maybe more than 32, 64 teams qualify so therefore maybe extra rounds or prelimanary rounds.

i would like to also recreate the Home international championships with england, scotland, wales & northern ireland.

if you can also include any other domestic cups aswell if possible.

thanks look forward to hear from you soon.

please feel free to message me.

regardss Snowy.

I've created a European Super League which is based in England instead of the Premiership. The rest of the Premiership teams have been scattered about Europe to replace the sides that have left each country. In England The Super League is the most important competiton, but I have a question.

A) When I started the game, each club didn't give me a wage budget, with it starting at £0, why is this? What can I do to make it go back to normal?

Laos

Country in Southeast Asia

Laos National Champion League

10 Clubs. One automatic relegation. One relegation playoff with club from National B.

National B

10 Clubs. One automatic promotion plus a playoff.

Season time frame is correct. Kits are not real. Awards added. Rivals added.

Tested in holiday mode for 5 seasons without any problems.

http://rapidshare.com/files/304085547/Laos.xml

What a Laosy league.

Many thanx!

3rd Tier Finland made playable. http://www.filefront.com/14885247/Finland.xml

Regionalised the 3 divisions of the Kakkonen, added a few missing long/lat details for some cities.

I've let it run on holiday for a season and a half, no issues so far whatsoever.

I dont know where to post this. Can someone help me with the way the division goes in Finland. Please put them in a row with M3 division, group 1 and 2 and 3 as the last and a link to the division. Then I will get someone to make them to the game as playerable.

I found this page but I don ont understand finnish or swedish.

http://www.resultcode.fi/sarjat/piiri_sarjakausi_sarjat_nayta.php?piiri_id=100005&sk_id=100050&laji_id=1

I know that the 3 first ones goes like this.

Veikkausliiga

1. division

2. division group A - 2. division group B - 2. division group C

Hope someone can help.

GABON V1

My First Gabon League release.

It consists of 2 Divisions, D1 12 Teams, D2 11 teams. I couldn't find any information on

There is the Gabon Cup and Supper Cup.

Teams colours have been changed to relate to real colours. For teams that I could not find info on I made it up in most cases.

The league structure is play each other twice, league starts in Mid November and the teams that are in the first divison are as of the league for 2008/9 (IRL the league is in turmoil with a dispute between the league and governing body)

Div 2 is just a basic lower league , getting RL info on it is impossible currently.

Promotion Relegation is 2up 2 down, no relegation from D2

I have made changes to Stadiums and Towns, with several additions.

The file has been tested up to 2015

I recomend this is used with FuryG African Database Update

You can download from here

GABON V1

There's a good website for checking coordinates: http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Checking maps to ascertain where teams would go is unfortunately a necessary evil. It spoils the fun when teams end up in completely unrealistic divisions, plus teams would get reshuffled way too much - every season the teams would play in a different league of the same level.

It's a lot of work to make realistic regional competitions, but in my opinion absolutely necessary if people familiar with the country are ever going to play it.

That's basically the original database. A lot of cities have no or wrong latitude/longitude, I added all cities manually to my file with accurate figures.

You could also have a look at my regional bounderies in my SwissAlternate file, it works very well over several season.

Cheers lads, and I take on board your points.

Unfortunately I've already uploaded the file. Now in the first post and available for download here: http://www.sortitoutsi.net/fm2010/downloads/utilities/custom_leagues/134-swiss2.liga.html

If I get time, I might make a second version in the future with correct co-ordinates because I did notice in my test that all the B teams seemed to drift towards league 3 (could cause a problem if more than 12 B teams there, because as they can't get promoted, you could concievebly get a non-B team finishing in the relegation and getting promoted at the same time which I imagine would cause a crash!)

Although the other problem is that while I know the 3 leagues are split by East (German/Italian/Liechtenstein), Central (French/German) and West (mostly French), I have no idea where to set the regional limits to ensure this distribution is accurate... Any pointers?

east boundery

east Chur or Vaduz, west Zürich, north Schaffhausen, south Chiasso

west boundery

east Luzern, west, geneva, north Basel, south Martigny

central boundery

east Aarau, west Fribourg, north Basel, south Thun

This bounderies should work for the three 1. Liga divisions. I made in my alternate file bounderies to 10 divisions with overlapping (Switzerland is small) and it works very well.

am creating a rwandan League and was wondering would the teams be Amateur or semi pro

Yey! I made a facepack for Rayon Sports last year...didn't think you'd ever get to see them loaded into a game! ;)

Am LOVING this new feature!

PS. I would say amateur

Archived