[FM 2010] The Official Created Competition Discussion Thread

Michael F

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we do then need however is some sort of way of moderating content... How will people know which are the good downloads and which to avoid?

One thing I would suggest is that any file being recommended in here should have been run in holiday mode through to at least 2012, i.e. 3 seasons. That should be time enough for its creator to have found any kinks etc.

What we do then need however is some sort of way of moderating content... How will people know which are the good downloads and which to avoid?

One thing I would suggest is that any file being recommended in here should have been run in holiday mode through to at least 2012, i.e. 3 seasons. That should be time enough for its creator to have found any kinks etc.

Yes. Also your first point is crucial. We need some way of knowing how much detail has been added - how much research into squads, stadia, finances etc or are they left to the AI? Are there fictional teams included etc etc.

In time people will review and rate the content, hopefully.

Yes. Also your first point is crucial. We need some way of knowing how much detail has been added - how much research into squads, stadia, finances etc or are they left to the AI? Are there fictional teams included etc etc.

In time people will review and rate the content, hopefully.

I would urge Michael NOT to include links to updates in here until they've been peer-reviewed and proven stable, tbh. Nothing wins friends like a career game going wrong at the start of Season 3 :D

You'll need to save any edited files in My Docs\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

When you load FM10, you might need to clear your cache: go to Preferences and untick Use Skin Cache and tick Always Reload Skin On Confirm. Confirm, then Start a New Game...

Your file looks fine, Matt. The only thing I would suggest is that you change the number of relegation places at Level 7 to zero, since you've not added the leagues below...

If that doesn't solve it, it sounds more like your problem is at the game end - what happens when you Start a New Game? It doesn't give the option to load the xml at all?

I should say, I'm at work - I don't have access to the game to try and load it myself here. I will try that when I get home, if you're still having bother.

Quick question:

As many will know the District Cups are now available to activate in the Scottish Leagues. What I want to know is it possible to create District Cups while not removing the clubs from their actual leagues? (for example creating the Lanarkshire Cup with Motherwell, Accies, Airdrie United, Albion Rovers etc. without removing them from the SPL, First Division and Third Division - as the Lanarkshire Cup is not in the DB)?

Quick question:

As many will know the District Cups are now available to activate in the Scottish Leagues. What I want to know is it possible to create District Cups while not removing the clubs from their actual leagues? (for example creating the Lanarkshire Cup with Motherwell, Accies, Airdrie United, Albion Rovers etc. without removing them from the SPL, First Division and Third Division - as the Lanarkshire Cup is not in the DB)?

You just set them up as cups, either an FA Cup (the main cup with qualification to the contintental competition), other cup (such as the League Cup) or a super cup (eg Community Shield). From there you can either add specific leagues to select the teams from or specific clubs, which is ideal for district cups.

Your file looks fine, Matt. The only thing I would suggest is that you change the number of relegation places at Level 7 to zero, since you've not added the leagues below...

That shouldn't matter should it? I thought teams would just get relegated to non-league, and random non-league teams would be promoted?

Hi,

I would like to get some help from someone who knows how to solve this problem.

I'm a big fan of the Balkan leagues like Croatia, Serbia, Romania...

Now I wanted to create a little tournament where the champions of 10 countries(Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Albania) will meet.

I want to put the champions in 2 groups of 5 teams where each team will play the other one ONCE. The top teams of both groups will play in the final. This could be used as the pre season friendly competition.

I don't want to delete any existing league's...

I tried to do this with the editor but I don't know how to create inter-national competitions. So... Who can help me?!

Hi,

I would like to get some help from someone who knows how to solve this problem.

I'm a big fan of the Balkan leagues like Croatia, Serbia, Romania...

Now I wanted to create a little tournament where the champions of 10 countries(Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Albania) will meet.

I want to put the champions in 2 groups of 5 teams where each team will play the other one ONCE. The top teams of both groups will play in the final. This could be used as the pre season friendly competition.

I don't want to delete any existing league's...

I tried to do this with the editor but I don't know how to create inter-national competitions. So... Who can help me?!

The process to do this is as follows:

1) Create your new competition. Ensure you do not add teams. Ensure you attribute this competition to one of the ten nations i.e Croatia.

2) Add Nation rules for Croatia(or nation you have added to competition) and add as 'other Cup'

3) when doing the very first stages of adding cup only add croatian top league and add 10 teams.

4) once competition added to cup list start doing fiddley bits. i.e change the croatian league entrants to 1 and then add 9 more on list and add specifc league(select premier leagues for the nations entered)

from here you should be good to go and edit the other areas of the competition. If you are still stuck I can cobble together a demo versionfor you to look at tonight and email it to you....just PM me if needed :thup::)

The process to do this is as follows:

1) Create your new competition. Ensure you do not add teams. Ensure you attribute this competition to one of the ten nations i.e Croatia.

2) Add Nation rules for Croatia(or nation you have added to competition) and add as 'other Cup'

3) when doing the very first stages of adding cup only add croatian top league and add 10 teams.

4) once competition added to cup list start doing fiddley bits. i.e change the croatian league entrants to 1 and then add 9 more on list and add specifc league(select premier leagues for the nations entered)

from here you should be good to go and edit the other areas of the competition. If you are still stuck I can cobble together a demo versionfor you to look at tonight and email it to you....just PM me if needed :thup::)

i sent you 2 pm's thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if it's counted, but Frank Ng, the Asian researcher for FM has already released lots of Asian leagues in the Asian thread :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=148966&page=2

If he pms me details and verification that the files have been thoroughly tested by being run in holiday mode for at least a season (and preferably more) I will get them added :thup:

If he pms me details and verification that the files have been thoroughly tested by being run in holiday mode for at least a season (and preferably more) I will get them added :thup:

I have roughly tested only for a month already. I will test if all the leagues can pass through after 1 season. Theoratically, all of them can... let me try first (but may need some time as my pc is slow)

Aye - I've found that the Test Nation Rules tool is very good, but there are some things that might still be skipped. I won't link to a file in the OP of this thread unless it's been proven stable for at least 1 season (I usually run mine for 3 or 4 seasons overnight). I'm sure you have done a great job, but you can understand my concerns I'm sure too :)

Hi Mr. Bladesman Sir.

Into what directory do we install the custom leagues?

Also, in Miles' blogs we heard from lots of beta testers creating leagues (mainly Lev. 10 English)

I was wondering if any of them will be posting their custom content when the game goes officially 'live' @ midnight?

I'd quite like one of their custom db's as they would have gone through more rigorous testing, I suspect...

Cheers :D

Ok, here is a link to the Scottish Non-League file.

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE.zip

Current version tested to 2015.

This will add:

SPL

1st Division

2nd Division

3rd Division

CIS Cup

Challenge Cup

(all unmodified)

Scottish Cup (new version that includes correct non-league teams plus 6 bonus entrants)

PLUS

West Region Junior Leagues (Premier + Div 1 + 3 regional leagues)

East Region Junior Leagues (Superleague + Premier + 3 regional leagues)

North Region Junior Leagues (Premier + Div 1 + Div 2)

Highland League + Aberdeenshire League + Highland U19s

East of Scotland Premier + Div 1 + U19s

South of Scotland League

North Caledonian League

plus 43 cups

I have also added in all officials for Senior non-league football (stands at 200+) and will add in the remaining Junior refs shortly.

All competitions have correct honours assigned.

Team information has been updated, a few stadium names altered from db because of changes or mistakes, all teams have more or less correct pitch sizes.

Much more detail in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=160219

Ok, here is a link to the Scottish Non-League file.

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE291009.zip

I've tested earlier versions of this to 2032 as far as I can recall, and tested this file to 2015 earlier on.

This will add:

SPL

1st Division

2nd Division

3rd Division

Scottish Cup

CIS Cup

Challenge Cup

(all unmodified)

PLUS

West Region Junior Leagues (Premier + Div 1 + 3 regional leagues)

East Region Junior Leagues (Superleague + Premier + 3 regional leagues)

North Region Junior Leagues (Premier + Div 1 + Div 2)

Highland League + Aberdeenshire League + Highland U19s

East of Scotland Premier + Div 1 + U19s

South of Scotland League

North Caledonian League

plus 42 cups

How can you test those leagues to 2032? is there a quick method to do this?

Thanks in advance

[left]Competition Name       Author                Date             Tested Until      Details
[url="http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE291009.zip"]Scotland[/url]               cmontheloknow         29/10/2009       2015              [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4114000&postcount=44"]See here[/url]
[/left]

Michael

can you edit my file name please? The above will work, but I have added another one without a date as I will be updating it as and when.

New file is http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/SCOTLANDNONLEAGUE.zip

Hey, if anyone who uploads their leagues would like to mention that they were a beta tester, that would be great. I'd like to get one of yours please! (The ones that have gone thru rigorous testing) :)

Thanks everyone... just waiting on a Level 10 English upload now...

Archived