[FM 2010] The Official Created Competition Discussion Thread

Michael F

How about an official thread for competition files that DO NOT TOUCH THE DATABASE. We need a way to distinguish between realistic files that only unlock leagues and those that also include data updates. Personally I do not want my database modified by any third party files.

Yep. That would be a terrific idea. I only want to play @ level 10 England on a trusted db. And preferably on an upload that was created by one of those lovely testers.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about an official thread for competition files that DO NOT TOUCH THE DATABASE. We need a way to distinguish between realistic files that only unlock leagues and those that also include data updates. Personally I do not want my database modified by any third party files.

Those leagues/divisions are that easy to activate, that most of the people do not need a file to download.

All the lower leagues that are set in the database can be activated by just some clicks using the new editor.

Those leagues/divisions are that easy to activate, that most of the people do not need a file to download.

All the lower leagues that are set in the database can be activated by just some clicks using the new editor.

Yes, but there is much more than some clicks involved. We would have to know the competition and squad rules, along with all other relevant regulations. That's why it would be better to rely on accurate files that people post. That way they can be set up by people who know the proper league rules. It's too difficult to find them online.

Hi Mr. Bladesman Sir.

Into what directory do we install the custom leagues?

Also, in Miles' blogs we heard from lots of beta testers creating leagues (mainly Lev. 10 English)

I was wondering if any of them will be posting their custom content when the game goes officially 'live' @ midnight?

I'd quite like one of their custom db's as they would have gone through more rigorous testing, I suspect...

Cheers :D

My file taking England to Level 10 is up top now.

These files need to go in the 'Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data' folder within your My Documents folder. You may need to clear your cache (see the FAQ thread) for them to show up in game.

I've now also added KUBI's Switzerland file to the list, though I don't know if he's made a thread for it yet.

I have a quick question, with your file are you able to select which level you go down too? For example if you only wanted the level bellow the Conf North/South but nothing lower, is this possible?

I have a quick question, with your file are you able to select which level you go down too? For example if you only wanted the level bellow the Conf North/South but nothing lower, is this possible?

Yes, you can chose which levels are active in your game.

Do you want links to my Brunei and Oman leagues? Which were created with the help of frank ng.

I'm waiting for Frank to test the leagues and then pm me the links. I'm happy to add it to the list either as a master Asian Confederation file or as individual files. I will only add stuff up top if it's properly testing and proven stable though.

I'm waiting for Frank to test the leagues and then pm me the links. I'm happy to add it to the list either as a master Asian Confederation file or as individual files. I will only add stuff up top if it's properly testing and proven stable though.

I tried to setup a game with all those Asia files, but the game did crash during the setup of the leagues, so there has to be a problem with at least one file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjcyomjhht0

A silly little Scottish file I made and may as well share. Not very good(as you can tell by the name it's just a test to see if a structure where teams play in more than one league at once would work) but maybe someone will enjoy it.

The regions are probably off because I don't know anything about geography and relied on regions a friend of mine made.

Contents:

Scottish Premier Division(as is, but play each other twice from Jan-May)

Scottish First Division(see above)

Scottish Second Division(see above)

Scottish Third Division(see above)

Scottish Regional Leagues(NOT non-league or juniors... well there's some to fill the gaps, but mainly SPD/SFL teams, played from Aug-Jan)

Scottish Cup(All teams, including juniors and some reserve sides I can't get rid of without deleting them from the DB compete is a MASSIVE cup that is larger than the English FA Cup)

If people like it, I may update it and add some extra stuff like the League Challenge Cup and the Anglo-Scottish Cup. The dates and stuff need tweaking at bit as it can get a bit congested from my test games, maybe I'll make it start in July so that there's less Wednesday games. Then again, I'll see about maybe getting some help from people around here to make more groups so that it's less games since 48 is a bit too many IMO. It does work, though, I tested it for 2 seasons.

For sadists more than anything.

Phillipines league playable Made by Unknown Hacker, tested until 2011

Northern Marianas League Made by Unknown Hacker, tested until 2011.

Ecuadorian Serie A Made by Unknown Hacker. Tested for 1 and 1/2 seasons. Serie A and Serie B playable...

None of the above leagues have any cups. The first two because they don't have any cups, and Ecuador because I can't find any evidence of a cup.

I am currently testing a basic two tiered Faroese League. With a cup competition.

Let me ask a quick question since I don't have the game in my hands yet...

Lets say that I download the file with the English leagues down to lvl10 but I want to play only with Unibond Rhyman etc(Premier League till Unibond)..Is this possible to load only these league rather than loading all leagues till tier 10?

Phillipines league playable Made by Unknown Hacker, tested until 2011

Northern Marianas League Made by Unknown Hacker, tested until 2011.

Ecuadorian Serie A Made by Unknown Hacker. Tested for 1 and 1/2 seasons. Serie A and Serie B playable...

None of the above leagues have any cups. The first two because they don't have any cups, and Ecuador because I can't find any evidence of a cup.

I am currently testing a basic two tiered Faroese League. With a cup competition.

I'll add the links to the Phillipines and the Northern Mariana leagues to my AFC thread if you don't mind... :D

Lets say that I download the file with the English leagues down to lvl10 but I want to play only with Unibond Rhyman etc(Premier League till Unibond)..Is this possible to load only these league rather than loading all leagues till tier 10?

Yes of course :)

You would still get all of the cups I have added in my file too, however. Not such a big deal...

It works like the normal database. You can choose which level should be active in the game.

I know I have been quite active so far, but I hope to make and test 5 more leagues tonight.

Faroe Islands Tested for 3 seasons, ironed out some bugs in V1, and added the Faroese Cup.

Expect more, soon.

Did you have any issues with teams ending up in multiple leagues at the same time.?

I created and ran my Faroes structure for 15 years and found B36 in all three divisions at the same time.

Do your edits have correct club/player data and correct season dates etc?

Sometimes there isn't much data on the database so stuff needs to be added.

Wherever possible they do. The only one that doesn't would be the Northern Marianas League. As I couldn't find any data bar just a list of teams.

That never happened to me. Three divisions? Mine only has two...

I'll have a looksie at yours tonight when home as a test run.

The main issue for me was that there are so many 'B' and 'C' teams in the Faroes structure that I think it interfered somewhere down the line.

I'm goign to upload mine tonight with my 2 division setup with no 'B' teams a Faroes Cup and a created Cup including 7 other nations

where do u put the file from the league that people create?

Documents>>Sports Interactive>>FM10>>Editor Data.

I have also created my final new league for a while. The Sri Lankan setup. Both segments.

Download link

Has incorrect league start dates due to me being unable to select dates less that 4 months apart. Also the setup was too complex for FM's data editor, so I have just added a championship playoff between the two segments.

Only tested for one season, but works perfectly fine.

Does Ecuador have any cups? As I have made the leagues.
Documents>>Sports Interactive>>FM10>>Editor Data.

I have also created my final new league for a while. The Sri Lankan setup. Both segments.

Download link

Has incorrect league start dates due to me being unable to select dates less that 4 months apart. Also the setup was too complex for FM's data editor, so I have just added a championship playoff between the two segments.

Only tested for one season, but works perfectly fine.

I have check the Ecuador league you put, but the format and dates are wrong

Archived