Released: AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE v1.00 for FM2010!!!

FuryG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update version 2.10 now available for download! --> http://rapidshare.com/files/324478290/FuryG_s_AFRICAN_MEGA_DB_v2.10.rar

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?dkmyemrvzkj

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This editor data file was created by FuryG.

Installation:

1. Please DELETE any previous version that you have of the AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE!

2. just put the whole folder structure of the rar archive into "editor data" directory!

GENERAL INFORMATION

A Data Editor File (XML-Format) for Football Manager 2010. Adds more than 6000 African players to the FM2010 Database!

2.00 Changelist:

* general debugging and updating of the 1.00-version

* added several hundreds of additional players, most notably from Mauritania, Chad, and Sudan

* edited general preferences (like financials, transfer preferences etc.) that enhance the realism in the modeling of African Football

* added many club colours

* added African media sources (still rudimentary but to be enhanced in future versions)

Hello everyone,

to my opinion, the largely inadequate representation of continental African football is the most severe issue that has to be taken into consideration when intending to create a more realistic gameworld within FM. So, that was my main motivation to start an overhauling of the African Database for FM2009, that was resleased as the AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE.

I have now transfered this update to FM2010 by converting all my changes to a massive XML file which adds nearly 5000 African players to the Database! Compared to the FM2009 version I just excluded a few hundred Malian players which I will release in a seperate file which will also include the Malian league structure.

Apart from that, almost all black African countries are covered with massive updates. I will gradually update this file to add even more players from more countries in the future. Please, let me know what you think about my project. :)

FM2010 African Mega Database

Download link (Rapidshare): new version available! (see above)

List of heavily updated countries

Benin

Botswana

Burkina Faso

Burundi

Cape Verde

Central African Rep

Chad

Congo

Dem. Rep. Congo

Equatorial Guinea

Eritrea

Ethiopia

Gabon

Gambia

Guinea Bissau

Guinea

Ivory Coast

Kenya

Lesotho

Liberia

Libya

Malawi

Mali (subject to an upcoming special update)

Mauritania

Mauritius

Mozambique

Namibia

Niger

Nigeria

Rwanda

Senegal

Seychelles

Sierra Leone

Somalia

Sudan

Swaziland

Tanzania

Togo

Uganda

Zambia

Zimbabwe

Screenshots:

Niger national side:

Niger_nationalsquad.jpg

Cercle Mberi Sportif (Gabonese Club):

CMS_gabon.jpg

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A genuine respect for your great work mate. It adds more colour to the FM10 game world. I will try when I get home after work today.

It must be difficult to manually convert each and every players in your FM09 mega database into the FM10 format. Just curious, do you have some other softwares for a quicker and less painful method to enter the players' data at a large batch? Or you really have to type in all data one by one?

Looking very good indeed.

May I ask - have you done anything else than add players to the DB in this xml? I just need to know what and if any conflicts with my own database edits could occur.

You're making a good point! To my opinion' date=' it is very important to keep things apart and to seperate player updates from club updates and league structure updates in order to make them all compatible with each other and not to mix things up. Hence, the changes made by the AFRICAN MEGA DB only and merely concern [b']additional players[/b] who are not in the default database. No club or league data has been touched! So my update should be perfectly compatible with any other update.

Are you planning the release of all African playable leagues?

No - as I just said: this is a PLAYER UPDATE! I will certainly set-up several African Leagues (and have actually allready done so), but this is not covered by the AFRICAN MEGA DB, which is a pure players update which can be utilized in combination with any playable League Structure update released in the future...

Great work Fury,

Im going to merge this with my own data for Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast etc etc so that we are fully covered.

Great! I left Cameroon untouched, but added a considerable amount of players for both Ivory Coast and Nigeria. Just giving the hint to prevent the double players' issue... :)

Great! I left Cameroon untouched, but added a considerable amount of players for both Ivory Coast and Nigeria. Just giving the hint to prevent the double players' issue... :)

Cool. I have not touched Nigeria or Ivory Coast yet either so happy days.

I'll probobly hack the hell out of your database and do a load of corrections and additions. Thats what I did in your 09 one anyways.

What I'll do is that and then add in Cameroon, and perhaps release together with playable leagues for one massive accurate update?

Will you add Ghanaian players?

Hmm, maybe in the future. But Ghana allready has a decent amount of players in the default database, so I will primarily concentrate on other nations which desperately need updating. My next target will definitely be Sudan, since the Sudanese League has a good level and the financial possibilities there are far above African average - yet most Sudanese clubs have no players in the default DB.

In case anyone wants to help to further improve this, feel free to say so! With the new powerful XML concept of editing, many people can work in parallel and our efforts can be merged very easily...

Cool. I have not touched Nigeria or Ivory Coast yet either so happy days.

I'll probobly hack the hell out of your database and do a load of corrections and additions. Thats what I did in your 09 one anyways.

What I'll do is that and then add in Cameroon, and perhaps release together with playable leagues for one massive accurate update?

Oh, I'll do Ghana too. Have full squads and DOB's for all players..

Great plan! :) But we should make sure that all kinds of updates are strictly separated! To my opinion, this approach should be established as a general rule for all third-party editors! Hence, any "player-update-XML" should not be allowed to contain any club- or league-structure changes and vice versa. Hence compatibility problems and overlappings (-> double players) are avoided.

Good work there. Nice to see someone taking an interest for African football. I'm almost done with the Mozambican league, Mocambola. Fully updated with players and clubs.

Great to hear! But I hope that you separated the changes into several XML-files (League structure in one XML, player updates in another)? Because otherwise there will arise the problem of double players when combining with my update...

Hmm. I'm not completely sure of how I did this. I am still discovering all the new features of the editor - I used to be an official researcher so I've always made my own data updates. It's always been very easily, but it seems this has huge potential when it comes to merging several people's data update. Although this new structure of the editing is confusing me - what if you edit the same player on two different XML-files - which one will write the other one over? And what about the merging thing - how is that used for best effect? If I use that to combine my own Mozambican XML-file with yours, will I risk writing over some players that are in the original database that I've edited? I tried the merge-thing it last week but all that happened was that I suddenly had doubles all over the place. Maybe we should continue the conversation in private, but it seems we got a good foundation for a really good African update here. Just want to add that I've also done some editing in Tanzania, they got some decent players coming up so I figured I might tweak them to a level similar to real life. Cheers.

Hmm. I'm not completely sure of how I did this. I am still discovering all the new features of the editor - I used to be an official researcher so I've always made my own data updates. It's always been very easily, but it seems this has huge potential when it comes to merging several people's data update. Although this new structure of the editing is confusing me - what if you edit the same player on two different XML-files - which one will write the other one over? And what about the merging thing - how is that used for best effect? If I use that to combine my own Mozambican XML-file with yours, will I risk writing over some players that are in the original database that I've edited? I tried the merge-thing it last week but all that happened was that I suddenly had doubles all over the place. Maybe we should continue the conversation in private, but it seems we got a good foundation for a really good African update here. Just want to add that I've also done some editing in Tanzania, they got some decent players coming up so I figured I might tweak them to a level similar to real life. Cheers.

Some clarification:

- if you ADD a NEW player in two different XML files, you will end up with the player appearing twice in your game

- if you EDIT an EXISTING player in two different XML files, all changes will enter your game, and in case of conflicts the latest change will prevail

Hence, combining my work with other league updates like yours will only work troubleless if all file-types are separated:

1. You load the default database in the editor and set-up a playable league structure for the intended country (e.g. Mozambique) - don't edit any players!!! Save these changes to an XML (e.g. "Mocambola.xml")

2. then exit the editor, re-enter and load the default database again

3. now you can add all the players to the clubs. Again save this to a distinct XML-file (e.g. "Mozambique_DomesticPlayers.XML")

That way your players-XML-file can easily be combined with my update.

You didn't touch Cameroon players?

Asking because I'm currently working on the Cameroon leauge, and I've found it absolutely shocking how little of the data is accurate (can't even confirm half of the clubs exist, and many other are apparently way off in ratings). Nearly all players are completely void of players (save 2 or 3) except for Coton Sport and Canon pretty much.

Nor am I able to find much info on the internet to update the squads...

...so my next ? goes to ?

You mentioned having some info - possibly about Cameroon. If you have a player ONLY update for Cameroon available I would be very interested to merge that with my Cameroon League (currently only trying to fix the teams and league structure). Or, if you know of a good source online where squads for the Cameroon teams (preferably down to MTN Elite Two, as I plan on stopping there... absolutely no info on the current structure of the regional leagues below).

Fury, Forte and O'Leary: Have you ever considered contacting Blue Lou and Driss, the African Head researchers and help out with the official DB. I would save you from doing all the work after the game is released.

Yes - in fact Blue Lou included a considerable part of my FM09 update into the official Database, but due to lack of time was not able to do all the work... This FM10 version is tailor-made to add all those players that didn't make it into the official DB.

I've had contact with BlueLou but I've also been busy at Uni lately, as well as not living in Mocambique anymore which have limited my ability to do proper scouting. Although I've been really sad to see the high level of in-accurateness on the Mocambican database, as the country has done really well during this WC qualification campaign with draws home to both Nigeria and Ivory Coast and with narrow defeats away to those two. They have a really good side with some hard-working players that easily could play in Europe, but due to various reasons that I can't go into detail on, I find it hard to believe it would happen. But I'd love to give a helping hand and make improvements on the official database so everybody could enjoy playing with one of Africa's most promising national teams.

The birthplace of Eusebio lads!

FuryG. Where did u get you Gabon player info from??

I am watching all sorts of domestic African Football on TV. I'm also requently travelling to many African countries (mainly the French-speaking). I get my information from all sorts of sources: lokal Magazines, regional Magazines, daily Newspapers, Television, Internet etc. etc. To be honest, I can impossibly remember the source for each and every club or player. And, to be honest, the data was gathered over more than 3 years now...

Cheers Fury, Just general interest as I am a supporter of gabon and being Non french speaking it is difficult to find information (Google translater is my friend)

Re domestic African football, what channels have it as I would love to find a stream.

Cheers in advance

I've kind of worked out a way to get annual cup of nations into FM10 (see my thread here)

I'm currently testing an implementation of the COSAFA and CECAFA cups and wondered if there are any other African regional tournaments for nations that I could add, assuming my tests go well and you are happy with the limitations of what I've done, I would of course be happy to provide you with the XML to add them to your files.

Great work Fury!

But there's one thing that really bothers me. As you know SI hasn't update Africa in years for the most nations. And because of that, there are now several player who haven't had a club in four years or so, but still have the stats of four year ago.

For example, in the Angolian National team in your update, there are two players, Taty and Mario in the first 26, who both haven't had a club in four years. That justs makes no sence.

So I would really appreciate it if you would downrate them a lot, or simply remove them, because I don't think they're footballers anymore...

I don't know if you're planning on doing something about it. I understand if it isn't your priority, and in my experience there are a lot of players with this problem, so it isn't easy as well.

Great work Fury!

But there's one thing that really bothers me. As you know SI hasn't update Africa in years for the most nations. And because of that, there are now several player who haven't had a club in four years or so, but still have the stats of four year ago.

For example, in the Angolian National team in your update, there are two players, Taty and Mario in the first 26, who both haven't had a club in four years. That justs makes no sence.

So I would really appreciate it if you would downrate them a lot, or simply remove them, because I don't think they're footballers anymore...

I don't know if you're planning on doing something about it. I understand if it isn't your priority, and in my experience there are a lot of players with this problem, so it isn't easy as well.

I didn't touch the players that are already in the database! My point is not to rectify the work of the official researchers, but to provide an ADDITION! I had added NEW players that are not in the default DB!

fantastic work fury.

mate i cant load your update in the game or by the editor(it crash)

thank you

That must be a problem with your setting. I have tested this extensiveley, simulating more than 30 years - never a single crash. Have you updated to 10.1.0? Have you any other XMLs in your folder that may cause the crash?

That must be a problem with your setting. I have tested this extensiveley, simulating more than 30 years - never a single crash. Have you updated to 10.1.0? Have you any other XMLs in your folder that may cause the crash?

i removed all other xml files and now when i start a new game, i cant select "editor data files'

i removed all other xml files and now when i start a new game, i cant select "editor data files'

That is odd. I just downloaded the file from mediafire and put it into my "Editor Files" folder. Works without any problem! Is anyone else experiencing this issue??

Master kool - have you updated the game with the latest patch 10.1.0 ?

I've had contact with BlueLou but I've also been busy at Uni lately, as well as not living in Mocambique anymore which have limited my ability to do proper scouting. Although I've been really sad to see the high level of in-accurateness on the Mocambican database, as the country has done really well during this WC qualification campaign with draws home to both Nigeria and Ivory Coast and with narrow defeats away to those two. They have a really good side with some hard-working players that easily could play in Europe, but due to various reasons that I can't go into detail on, I find it hard to believe it would happen. But I'd love to give a helping hand and make improvements on the official database so everybody could enjoy playing with one of Africa's most promising national teams.

The birthplace of Eusebio lads!

You should contact Blue Lou again, even if you don't live there and could give perfect datainfo, your knowledge will still help Blue Lou. It is better with some improvement than nothing at all!

Yes - in fact Blue Lou included a considerable part of my FM09 update into the official Database, but due to lack of time was not able to do all the work... This FM10 version is tailor-made to add all those players that didn't make it into the official DB.

That is good to hear! Still what about the other head researcher Driss and the countries he research, have you had any contact with him?

Great work Fury!

You should post all the errors you find at FMafrica.net or the african data thread in this forum, and it could be corrected in the official DB.

FuryG, I've run some tests messing round with detail levels, reputation and competition levels but still don't get anything displayed in the matches box either. Yet if you go to the teams and click on their results you can see the match report as normal, so not sure why this is not working as one would hope.

No this is no bug. We are actually not meant to create competitions for national sides, so we should be glad that we found a way to do it. It seems to me that the matches screen of national competitions can only handle clubs. I really hope that the SI coders won't deactivate this workaround in the next patch...

No this is no bug. We are actually not meant to create competitions for national sides, so we should be glad that we found a way to do it. It seems to me that the matches screen of national competitions can only handle clubs. I really hope that the SI coders won't deactivate this workaround in the next patch...

It is probably a chance that they activate it completely in the future. I do think that they plan to expand this editor instead of limiting it.

Archived