Your favouite Player you owned ?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CM 01/02 - Giuseppe Manco - My only ever player to score over 80 goals in a season ever. He started at a poor Italian team as a 14 year old and had completely random stats, it just so happened that his random stats on this particular save made him the best player I've ever had on an FM/CM game so far.

He went to Celtic in his early days and developed into a goal a game scorer. I bought him for a large £20m sum for Man Utd. His first season he got his 81 goals and stayed with me for about 10 seasons after that, scoring at least 50 goals a season. His strike partners were Shevchenko and Van Nistolrooy which helped!

On future saves I always checked him to see if he would ever be as good as that save, he was always useless! This save also happended to be my longest CM/FM save to date, 27 years.

FM09

Top 3.

Steven Defour - Standard Leige. Not the most technical midfielder but was a very good player mentally and usually picked out quality passes and sometimes scored crucial and quality goals. Not a bad way to spend £6million.

David Beckham - Bought for roughly the same price, always reliable for free-kicks & corners - especially in Italian leagues. Works very well with Defour and you get a good few seasons out of him.

Frederico Laurito - Signed on a free transfer after the 3rd or 4th season. He scored goals for fun and worked very well with other strikers on my team. Finished his first 2 seasons at the club as top goalscorer in the league.

:D

To be fair, dont seem very really does it... I mean someone scoring all those goals and he's still at your club, yes you dont have to sell anybody but I's of thought he'd have wanted to move, Is the league that easy to score in as never done a league there.

Its a very poor league. There are only 6 professional clubs in the entire league structure, and 4 of those have been professional for only 5 years. So for 35 seasons, it was myself and Linfield who were Pro Clubs. That had a massive impact. However, he has one the Champs League golden boot on many occasions, so its not only the N. Irish games he scores goals in. Also has 64 International goals for N. Ireland. :thup:

David Beckham - Bought for roughly the same price, always reliable for free-kicks & corners - especially in Italian leagues. Works very well with Defour and you get a good few seasons out of him.

lol David Beckham always does good when you buy him in your club , i dont know why. :confused:

I don't think in all my years on the forums I've seen anyone mention these two players that were legendary for me, no three, all in the same version of some long lost CM, but they were Alex Notman, Kalam Mooniaruck and Bojan Djordic, all for Man Utd's reserves way back, these guys completely dominated for years with me

Who is your favourite player or legend for you in any FM Game, that has been in the team you managed ? and you can add why maybe.

marquinhios (sp?), paloschi, ribery, montolivio, kal naismith, kris boyd, marek hamsik... list ov my fav players goes on and on, buy them for every club i manage lol :D

Sebastian Zuniga, Young Chilliean who I bought for Liverpool (FM07) at the age of 18 for 35k. 10 years later at Liverpool... Twice European golden boot award also 4 consecutive top goal scorer in EPL, 91 caps 59 goals and worth £25.75m :D

Hopefully I'll do that again on FM10

haha that's cool a he must of been a legend at Liverpool, starting at 18 and being dedicated for 10 years he turned out to be a world class player .. good buy.:thup:

Lauri Dalla Valle on FM08. Signed him for Crewe as a 16 yr old n had him in the 1st team as soon as he was eligible. Was a mainstay of my PL winning team. Then took him to AC Milan and Man Utd. Averaged over 15 goals and assists per season for donkeys years.

I remember having Torres and Cavenaghi as my strike partnership once. Guaranteed goals! Even when I didn't have a match, they were still scoring for fun:D

Also Ton Ton Zola Moukoko. What a player.:thup:

my great partnership was hockton and volsio it was great, they passing good to each other they assisted each other , its like they was brothers or something lol.

Bojan Djordic was brilliant. And I'm an Arsenal fan. :D

So many years on the forums, Hussy, but so few posts :p

Justin Georcelin turned out amazing in a couple of my games, too

Yes, unfortunately I tend to sit back and watch the mayhem of the forums with a smile on my face, its just driving me insane waiting for the 30th so havent been able to stay away and seeing people talk about bakir and tonton made me a little nostalgic

All in different versions of the game: Lebohang Mokoena (i think 3 versions ago), Stefan Selakovic (i think 4 versions ago), Mika Aaritalo (9.0.1), Freddy Adu (when still in america), Ryan Babel (when still in the u19 @ ajax~)...

A player called Andri Sigaburson (or somethink like that) from the CM days think around 00/01 Striker with ok stats that scored many many goals for me, he was ace for me and i only found him by chance when played his team in a friendly.

Great memories

Andri Sigporrson. He was an icelandis striker who you could get for virtually nothing and would score for fun.

TonTon Zola those that know need no explaination. Fredy Guarin from the last few FM's defensive midfielder will the ability to score goals.

Tonton Zola was an absolute beast. i used to play him in CM with arrow to Am in a 3-5-2 system and he would always score 2-3 goals a game.

My favourite would have to be either Willie Howie on Cm99/00 or Mark Kerr on Cm00/01. Both Scottish midfielders who could be bought for around 250-500k if i remember correctly and would go on to become absolute legends in each game. I liked them as i could build the Scottish national team around them and actuallly get Scotland to win trophies, unlike real life unfortunately. :-(

I actually loaded up CM99/00 a month or so ago for fun. Took over Rangers and Brought in all those names like simon Davies, Matthew etherington, Willie Howie, Bakirciouglu, Saviola, Selakovic, Lunden and the rest of the scandinavians and lower league English Lengends of that game. I loved the fact you could pretty much build up a team of absoulute quality, at least if you were rangers or another such team, that had an average age of about 18-20. Happy days.

In CM2 I always bought Goran Vucevic and Racunica, both Croatian midfielders.

A friend with who I played always bought Tulio, a brazilian striker.

Now I always intend to buy different players on different saves, but in FM09 I always seemed to go back to Villaluz, Kalouda, Taison, Gerson, Sebastian Blanco and Lewandowski among others, mainly because there young and having potential, and are not too expensive.

Soren Becker, a German AMR/ST regen from my Lazio game. Had 20 Natural Fitness, Pace, Stamina, Acceleration, Strength, Composure, Off the Ball... he left everyone in the dust and to boot played the most simple and effective way possible at all times. He knew what he was good at and wasn't ashamed to stick at it (he had "very consistent"!) A true manager's dream.

I've never seen a more devestating partnership in all my FM gaming years than Soren Becker and Sergio Aguero. The former got 33 goals as a winger, the latter got 42 goals in 41 games as a lone frontman. Truly awesome.

There was also Julio Amaya in my Fiorentina game, an Argentinian regen. He was a formidable versitile player. I had him for 8 years but I never actually figured out where he played best. He could play DC, DR, WBR, DM, MR, AMR, MC and AMC, all fantastically.

THIS

Andrew Smylie - The Story so far :

2032 | Games, 45 | Goals, 85 | Assists, 13 | MoM, 20 | GPG 1.88

2033 | Games, 57 | Goals, 112 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 31 | GPG 1.96

2034 | Games, 61 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 31 | MoM, 38 | GPG 2.56

2035 | Games, 67 | Goals, 204 | Assists, 27 | MoM, 47 | GPG 3.04

2036 | Games, 53 | Goals, 190 | Assists, 26 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.58

2037 | Games, 48 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 38 | GPG 3.25

2038 | Games, 62 | Goals, 228 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 50 | GPG 3.68

2039 | Games, 52 | Goals, 170 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 40 | GPG 3.27

2040 | Games, 61 | Goals, 181 | Assists, 38 | MoM, 47 | GPG 2.97

2041 | Games, 48 | Goals, 142 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 30 | GPG 2.96

2042 | Games, 58 | Goals, 158 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 41 | GPG 2.72

2043 | Games, 55 | Goals, 177 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.21

2044 | Games, 60 | Goals, 185 | Assists, 35 | MoM, 41 | GPG 3.08

2045 | Games, 54 | Goals, 143 | Assists, 23 | MoM, 35 | GPG 2.65

2046 | Games, 59 | Goals, 159 | Assists, 30 | MoM, 36 | GPG 2.69

2047 | Games, 57 | Goals, 140 | Assists, 40 | MoM, 32 | GPG 2.45

2048 | Games, 58,| Goals, 122 | Assists, 32 | MoM, 34 | GPG 2.10

Club Totals :

[smylie is now 33 Years Old]

Games, 955 | Goals, 2708 | Assists, 488 | MoM, 634 | GPG 2.84

N. Ireland

Games, 106 | Goals, 62

*Smylie is now N. Irelands All Time Record Goal Scorer

Career Totals

Games - 1,011

Goals - 2,770

Assists - 488

MoM - 634

Attributes dropping like flies now. He had a great start to the season, scoring 60 goals in 18 games, but only managed 62 more for the rest of the season. He only needs 230 goals now. Next season, I'm going to keep him as fresh as possible. He will only be playing in the Champions League, NIP, All Ireland Cup, Semi - Finals and Finals of domestic cups. That means, he'll probably only play 40 games next season. So 100 goals is the target.

I sent you a Personal Message asking you about something!

I had Theo Robinson on loan from Watford while playing as Hitchin Town in (I think) FM07. He was only a ~17-year old youth striker but on his debut he scored a double hattrick, including five goals in ten minutes. It was ludicrous. He then went on to score something crazy like 80 goals in all competitions, blowing away all competition for the league topscorer position. He even got another double hattrick, and ten more hattricks besides. I loaned him back the following season in the BSP and he was a revelation, though nowhere near as high-scoring as before. I almost cried when Watford wouldn't continue the loan the year after.

I had Theo Robinson on loan from Watford while playing as Hitchin Town in (I think) FM07. He was only a ~17-year old youth striker but on his debut he scored a double hattrick, including five goals in ten minutes. It was ludicrous. He then went on to score something crazy like 80 goals in all competitions, blowing away all competition for the league topscorer position. He even got another double hattrick, and ten more hattricks besides. I loaned him back the following season in the BSP and he was a revelation, though nowhere near as high-scoring as before. I almost cried when Watford wouldn't continue the loan the year after.

wow feel sorry m8, lol 80 goals at the age on 17 fantastic, would of been good if Watford continued the loan.

Archived