Your favouite Player you owned ?

The favourite from my on-going Icelandic save was Guðjón Baldvinsson.

Already at Stjarnan when I started there, he was the league's top-scorer for all six years I was at the club, as we went from a second tier side to the best in the country. I left at this point, and he did the same a few years later, going on to also become favoured personnel for FC Midtjylland playing there for a decade. He finally started to play for Iceland after the move, amassing 19 caps in total.

I ended up back at Stjarnan for the 2023 season, and managed to sign him two years later (the club just having turned professional). He broke all kinds of records before retiring at the end of the season, aged 39.

That same season, I stumbled upon a 15yr-old Norwegian who I ending up buying a few years later. Now 23, he's smashed most of those records (mid-thirties in the league the past few seasons, in 22 games) but I'll probably lose him on a free after next season.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ovidiu Luca, was a regen for me at Forex Bv at DMC.

Scored 35 goals in 2 seasons that took me from relegation strugglers in the second tier to Champions League qualification.

His value went from €5,000 to €45m, then he was sold to AC Milan by my board.

1 month later AC Milan hired me.

He carried on being my star there and I won loads of Italian titles with him as captain.

CM 01/02 - Giuseppe Manco - My only ever player to score over 80 goals in a season ever. He started at a poor Italian team as a 14 year old and had completely random stats, it just so happened that his random stats on this particular save made him the best player I've ever had on an FM/CM game so far.

He went to Celtic in his early days and developed into a goal a game scorer. I bought him for a large £20m sum for Man Utd. His first season he got his 81 goals and stayed with me for about 10 seasons after that, scoring at least 50 goals a season. His strike partners were Shevchenko and Van Nistolrooy which helped!

On future saves I always checked him to see if he would ever be as good as that save, he was always useless! This save also happended to be my longest CM/FM save to date, 27 years.

Robioto, i can't believe you had him aswell!!! :D he is single-handedly the greatest player i ever had, 20 stats in everything a striker needs, i only bought him cause he was young when i was roma, he was a goal machine for club & country, i miss those days! but yeah, THE greatest player ever on CM/FM :D

So many...

I think my most proud player would be David Thorpe from FM07 in my Chelsea file. They key importance about him was, came through the youth system but he was not in any classic sense of the word a world class defender. If I were to guess I'd say his PA was no higher than 130ish, however, he managed to entrench himself as a first-teamer with strong performances, never going below 7. So much so he managed to earn himself the captaincy and thanks to his performances, he became England captain and led them to win the World Cup. Defender of the Year and the celebrated winner.

Yes, he is my favourite player. He managed to become a top player without ever having the luxury of CA/PA to become an automatic choice to be there.

in fm09 it had to be Robin Previtali who i somehow managed to snag for free from FC Sochaux-Montbéliard for Rushden whilst we were in league 2.

His goals got us into the championship and pushing for promotion and they were all scored with sublime style. Brilliant!

In FM08 I signed an Ethiopian striker called Fikru Tefera from SuperSport Utd for £65k.

He was young and would easily get distracted or upset with other players, or things that were said in the press. The fans were also disappointed with the signing, and after a couple of pretty unproductive seasons they and the coaches wanted him out. However in the 10/11 season, he tore up the EPL finishing my top goal scorer and the EPL top goal scorer and at the end of the season was worth around £8mil, quite a return on 65k. After that he managed to keep and settle his form, although never again acheived EPL top scorer. He did however go on to become a club favourite.

I love finding players like these and sticking with them. He's the first player I looked for in FM09, and again will be when I get my copy of FM10.

Here is my latest favourite player. He is Marcio, the brazilian wonderkid that I just happened to come across. Not from my scouts but by my own random looking at a team in Brazil. Boy was I in for a treat! He was my perfect super player to strike from the right flank, almost like the Messi of today. Originally he was to play as a winger but I saw more of a striker in him and so encouraged more runs into the box to get those cool finishes.

A player of such natural ability was of course going to be the talisman to get Brazil that world cup they seem to have difficulty winning in FM. After their dismal display in 2010 and 2014, I personally took charge of the national side in 2015. Phasing out the old relics of Kaka(captain at the time) I brought in a fresh new face, with Marcio as the poster child. With Dentinho as his support striker, they grew to win the Copa America and Confederation Cup building up to the great climactic victory of WC2018.

Him at 19:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio.jpg

Him at 26:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio1.jpg

He is about 31ish now, still going strong. What I find odd in this game is, the majority of my strikers are all strong left footers which did cause me some trouble in replacing Aguero for the left flank (to cut inside and dice out the defence).

I also had this great striker in FM07 called Drissa Diakite. He had terrible stats in his early twenties and it looked like he might be a flop as he struggled to get going for my squad. I decided to give him a year loan out to Man U. He had a relatively good season there and he came back reborn, he suddenly found use in his strength and acceleration, spearheading a great counterattacking side and becoming World Player of the Year at the age of 27. Talk about late bloomers!

Here is my latest favourite player. He is Marcio, the brazilian wonderkid that I just happened to come across. Not from my scouts but by my own random looking at a team in Brazil. Boy was I in for a treat! He was my perfect super player to strike from the right flank, almost like the Messi of today. Originally he was to play as a winger but I saw more of a striker in him and so encouraged more runs into the box to get those cool finishes.

A player of such natural ability was of course going to be the talisman to get Brazil that world cup they seem to have difficulty winning in FM. After their dismal display in 2010 and 2014, I personally took charge of the national side in 2015. Phasing out the old relics of Kaka(captain at the time) I brought in a fresh new face, with Marcio as the poster child. With Dentinho as his support striker, they grew to win the Copa America and Confederation Cup building up to the great climactic victory of WC2018.

Him at 19:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio.jpg

Him at 26:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.calay/marcio1.jpg

He is about 31ish now, still going strong. What I find odd in this game is, the majority of my strikers are all strong left footers which did cause me some trouble in replacing Aguero for the left flank (to cut inside and dice out the defence).

I also had this great striker in FM07 called Drissa Diakite. He had terrible stats in his early twenties and it looked like he might be a flop as he struggled to get going for my squad. I decided to give him a year loan out to Man U. He had a relatively good season there and he came back reborn, he suddenly found use in his strength and acceleration, spearheading a great counterattacking side and becoming World Player of the Year at the age of 27. Talk about late bloomers!

he had a good life in football :thup: btw serouisly, how do you people get these guys.

Chance and scouting. Sometimes they do know what they're talking about. I've taken the whole training and growing a player far more seriously, especially as it seems of great importance in each sequel. Before I used to just look at how they were then and expected instant payback. Even selling my promising youngsters and buying them back later when they finally did show themselves as good players.

Chance and scouting. Sometimes they do know what they're talking about. I've taken the whole training and growing a player far more seriously, especially as it seems of great importance in each sequel. Before I used to just look at how they were then and expected instant payback. Even selling my promising youngsters and buying them back later when they finally did show themselves as good players.

thanks for advice:thup:

Paul Warhurst was always a must sign for me in early releases of the game.

Most recent was Javier Saviola - he turned around a save game I was playing with a mate and his goals gave me domination for 2 seasons bragging rights (which was actually quite a while irl given the speed our game progressed at) He earned the nickname 'Macro Man' from my mate as he was sure I'd rigged up some fix to the game haha!

michael mcindoe - he formed an amazing part of my wonder midfield at celtic and was still kicking untill 38 and then became a coach at the club. guy was amazing by the end he was averaging 7.20 a season only playing maybe one out of 3 games :D

Yes I am sorry but I personally (just my opinion) do believe you have done as you point out or something to similar effect. Possibly taken over every team in the league, sabotaged their tactics, saved them and then gone on holiday for 40 seasons.

I have serious reservations about the sanity / trustworthiness of anyone who has consistently averaged 10 posts every single day over a 4 year period. :thdn:

My man, read this thread.

Within the first post, is a link to the save game file in 2046. Download it and scrutinize the game as much as you like. Look at the manager histories

Not only that, but look at some of the fact :

• I use a Mac. And am therefore not able to get access to in-game or save game editors. (They are only available for P.C)
  • I've played 40 seasons. It would take me a MOMENTUS amount of time to manage all the teams over a 40 year period for domination of 1 club.
  • I've documented every single aspect of my game. I've provided screen shots for everything, every single year.
  • Although dominated in Domestic competition, I've only ever won the Champions League 3 times. If I were to cheat, do you think I would have it that way?
  • I've lost 6 league games in 30 years. If I was cheating, I would have it so there was 0 losses in 30 years.
  • Many, many forumties have followed my career, and can vouch for the fact that I have played the game legitimately.
  • My team isn't that great. You have to remember, I'm playing in N. Ireland. The league reputation is pathetic, so its really difficult for teams to get good players. I've managed to do it, because I play consistently in the Champs League. Which is why my domestic dominance is so big.

I'd also like to ask, how you come to the conclusion that I've been here for 4 years? :confused: (It has been 3 years 8 Months :D) - and also, how does my post count, or posts per day, or length of time on the forum, dictate in any way that I'm untrustworthy?

I think, ultimately, you're jealous that you don't have the patience, drive and competence to achieve something like this, and the only satisfaction you can get out of knowing that, is by telling me I've cheated. Pipe down. Sonny Jim.

Speaking of real players, Frank Lampard. I recently had a few players in my FM10 demo game lose confidence in me cause we drew 4 and won only once in our first five games which left us having to climb hard to get back into title contention. I thought the loss of confidence was a bit nuts so early on but Lampard showed true belief in me and was the main man on the pitch to get the team pulling together and start winning.

I always end up has his favourite personal and I always manage to get the best out of him for my squad. He never has much of a good managerial career after but by golly he deserves it. I imagine we always stay good friends and one day lead England to the WC. (Of course I always find myself not taking up the job when offered!)

Also Makelele is another from earlier games. Man oh man, this game never gets the plaudits he deserves, despite being the most important midfielder for me. I'll defo be trying to nab him in my medium games just so he can retire under my leadership and go on to get a good coaching career. In FM08 he ended up as a successful manager, winning the CL with Newcastle (he beat me in final) and then continuing the great Chelsea- Juve rivalry I had formed since the Ranieri days of always meeting each other in the CL and always having derby-like classics.

possibly a player called oliveira, a winger from juventus in i think the 01/02 game (not too sure). only played him cus of an injury to my main winger and back up, but ended up getting top goalscorer award and had most assists out of my whole team.

Although not real i found To Madeira was an absolute legend and will always be know by most FM/CM fans. later in th same game after a patch there were two greeks that i also found and then later found out that they did not exist they were Alexandros Papadopoulos and Anastasios Skalidis along with about 20 other greek players available that would make any team unbeatable.

Then there was the free transfer of taribo west that was always the first thing most people did on one of the games!

Not sure which version but nicolas Millan also was a must buy as he was only 14 but went on to become great for any club.

Within the first post, is a link to the save game file in 2046. Download it and scrutinize the game as much as you like. Look at the manager histories

• I use a Mac. And am therefore not able to get access to in-game or save game editors. (They are only available for P.C)
  • I've played 40 seasons. It would take me a MOMENTUS amount of time to manage all the teams over a 40 year period for domination of 1 club.
  • I've documented every single aspect of my game. I've provided screen shots for everything, every single year.
  • Although dominated in Domestic competition, I've only ever won the Champions League 3 times. If I were to cheat, do you think I would have it that way?
  • I've lost 6 league games in 30 years. If I was cheating, I would have it so there was 0 losses in 30 years.
  • Many, many forumties have followed my career, and can vouch for the fact that I have played the game legitimately.
  • My team isn't that great. You have to remember, I'm playing in N. Ireland. The league reputation is pathetic, so its really difficult for teams to get good players. I've managed to do it, because I play consistently in the Champs League. Which is why my domestic dominance is so big.

I'd also like to ask, how you come to the conclusion that I've been here for 4 years? :confused: (It has been 3 years 8 Months :D) - and also, how does my post count, or posts per day, or length of time on the forum, dictate in any way that I'm untrustworthy?

I think, ultimately, you're jealous that you don't have the patience, drive and competence to achieve something like this, and the only satisfaction you can get out of knowing that, is by telling me I've cheated. Pipe down. Sonny Jim.

Here Here!

My favourite player on FM09 was Julien Baudet for my Harrogate team in the Blue Square Prem. Free transfer when I got promoted from the Blue Square North via the playoffs.

He was a rock at the back and was always popping up with a goal or two on set pieces up the other end. Stayed up easily in my first season in the BSP thanks to him mainly :thup:

i dont know about the guy who called you a cheat, but i do know im certainly jealous lol

i love the game but since a 20 season stretch in fm 05 ive never completed more than 6 to 6 seasons with a club, partly because i dont have the time and partly because i dont have the patience :)

id love to experience a save like that.. only a computer game but still, fair play

This is maybe going back a few years but Fernando Cavenaghi is an FM legend in me eyes. He stuck out for me in both CM 03-04 and FM05! You could get him for quite cheap and he would be amazing for 15 years. No problems just got one with the job. Never injured and seemed to get the odd biycle from time to time! :)

You will never be forgotten Fernando! :D

im with you on that one, cavenaghi was a legend and is my all time hero.

in the recent games, for me its been aguero. always consistant, always scoring and still going at 35.

Miscellaneous favourites over the years:

Sharbel Touma, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Zlatan Muslimovic (young and cheap from Sweden)

Andriy Sigporsson (legendary striker)

Rune Lange (Norwegian striker, was tipped for great things)

Tommy Svindal Larsen (favourite ever)

Simon Davies, Matthew Etherington and Gareth Jellyman (Peterboro plundered)

Chris Hope and Michael Duff (more bargains from lower leagues)

Niclas Alexandersson (D/RLC, DMC, M/RLC, AM/RLC, FC)

For me it has to be a FM 09 regen called Giovanni Cecarelli from Inter Milan,In the 2010/11 season i was desperately looking for a striker so searched the free transfer market to see if i could find a bargain there and i sure did,I skipped over the likes of Dzeko and found this young itallian and though his stats looked good and he was 19 so i thought he could do a job and be sold on,That was until i got the scout report back and he said he was going to be better than all my other strikers and i took a punt on him and in the 2 season i played with him before my PC died he had a great scoring record 1 in 2 i believe and was worth 20 million,He was not prolific but he was a classy intelligent striker and seemed to play the way Zola did i rejected several bids of around 30 million pounds for his signature simply because of how good he was and the potential he had,Its a shame my PC died so i could not see his potential been fulfilled as i would have loved to seen what he would have become

This is tough. I don't want to just go with one of my best players, but also one I loved a lot.

Re-gen Babis Vlachos was probably the best I've ever had,led the league in scoring for three seasons, by the time I stopped playing the game I was halfway through a season, 19 goals in 17 appearances.

I'm probably going to say Vasco Charana though. Another re-gen, bought him cheap when he was young, turned out to be a world class winger until he forced himself out.

Out of real players, probably Matias Fernandez, pretty much ran my team for a few years, and Cristian Zapata.

Archived