The number of goals in 8.0.2

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started a championship season on 8.02 with BArnsley and the scores are ridiculous in my games especially. 5-3's, 6-1's are a regular occurence. I play quite defensively with a deep defensive line so it can't be that I'm too attacking

I can't believe people are saying high scores a good thing. I'm finding it diffiuclt to play this patch. I know it's only a game but the realism is what gives me enjoyment. I really truly hope SI will consider releasing a fix for this problem.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vaderspurs:

I've started a championship season on 8.02 with BArnsley and the scores are ridiculous in my games especially. 5-3's, 6-1's are a regular occurence. I play quite defensively with a deep defensive line so it can't be that I'm too attacking

I can't believe people are saying high scores a good thing. I'm finding it diffiuclt to play this patch. I know it's only a game but the realism is what gives me enjoyment. I really truly hope SI will consider releasing a fix for this problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried playing defensively in a different way - higher defensive line, low width and high closing down throughout the team?

Yes Paul there are a lot of goals with the new patch.

Before 8.0.2 I was geting many,many 0-0 matches or 1-0(which was another problem) but now I'm getting the other extreme.

3-2,2-2 and 3-3 are now very common for my matches and for AI matches.

I don't pay any attention to other divisions have running.

I started in the middle of the 2011/2012 season.

Hope that helps

Paulc- in answer to your question I have experimented with varying defensive lines and the problem persists

I can understand the occasional freak result (i.e spurs v reading in real life) but it happens SO often on FM2008. I have yet to experiece a 0-0 though starngely I occasionally have a match which is close and scrappy with few goals (which, for me, is close to real life) but then the next few come along and they're 6-4, 3-4's.

I prefered the scorelines in 8.01. Like I say Ido hope this could be seriously lookied inot and if at all possible a fix released.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vaderspurs:

Paulc- in answer to your question I have experimented with varying defensive lines and the problem persists

I can understand the occasional freak result (i.e spurs v reading in real life) but it happens SO often on FM2008. I have yet to experiece a 0-0 though starngely I occasionally have a match which is close and scrappy with few goals (which, for me, is close to real life) but then the next few come along and they're 6-4, 3-4's.

I prefered the scorelines in 8.01. Like I say Ido hope this could be seriously lookied inot and if at all possible a fix released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul has alredy stated no more patches for 2008.

You also have to understand there are many people who are not having a problem with to many goals.

bod1035-

Re Goals: I am aware of that, I'm just relaying my personal experiences. Obviously there being 'too many goals' is a subjective opinion and therefore mine is as valid as anyone else's.

Re patch/fix: there is nothing wrong in requesting it, I certainly won't moan if it does not happen. Despite the 'goals' problem it is still a fantastic game.

bod1035-

Re Goals: I am aware of that, I'm just relaying my personal experiences. Obviously there being 'too many goals' is a subjective opinion and therefore mine is as valid as anyone else's.

Re patch/fix: there is nothing wrong in requesting it, I certainly won't moan if it does not happen. Despite the 'goals' problem it is still a fantastic game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drambuie2:

postal - yes seems about right, the best teams seem to be better (perhaps because defences are 'worse'?) and attackers put more real chances away? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont know whether your saying it should be this way or not!

arsenal have 14 clean sheets in 25 prem games in the game. if this is accurate then i'm happy.

In my view the amount of goals isn't the problem. But the goals from corners HAS to be fixed. You cannot ignore this and move to 2009 already. In my game as posted elsewhere in my first ten games as Leeds, Michalik scored in every game he played, he played 9 games and had scored 10, he was suspended one game and Matt Heath replaced him and scored a hat-trick all corners all attacking near post.

As for general goals haven't really noticed anything. But if you don't fix the goals from corners issue before moving on you will lose this very loyal customer. I am someone who has consistently defended SI throughout the years and tried to give constructive feedback. But to simply ignore this issue and start work on next years game would show a total lack of thought and respect to your customers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilUK:

In my view the amount of goals isn't the problem. But the goals from corners HAS to be fixed. You cannot ignore this and move to 2009 already. In my game as posted elsewhere in my first ten games as Leeds, Michalik scored in every game he played, he played 9 games and had scored 10, he was suspended one game and Matt Heath replaced him and scored a hat-trick all corners all attacking near post.

As for general goals haven't really noticed anything. But if you don't fix the goals from corners issue before moving on you will lose this very loyal customer. I am someone who has consistently defended SI throughout the years and tried to give constructive feedback. But to simply ignore this issue and start work on next years game would show a total lack of thought and respect to your customers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is that if they spend more time on another patch which by all accounts not everybody wants, it will take time away from fm09.

Then we all know what will happen people will moan that fm09 is no good and bug ridden.

Si cant win either way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_bob:

In 8.0.2 I scored hattricks from corners with near-post flick-ons and challenge GK options with the same player. It's ridiculous.

I'm still playing with 8.0.1 beta patch who has the most realistic match engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a link for the 8.0.1 beta patch?

Its gone from one to extreme to another. 8.0.1 too few goals, 8.0.2 too many goals.

Take a look at this games. They are from my savegame with 8.0.1 beta patch.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a5geg8

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wbfxui

Just download them put them in My Documents\Sports interactive\Football Manager 2008\matches. And when you start FM08, in the welcome screen use "view match" option to see those games.

8.0.1 beta patch has the most realistic match engine. And it has been released before the final 8.0.1 patch and 8.0.2.

All the bugs from 8.0.0 are resolved in 8.0.1 beta, so this match engine hasn't got the bugs from 8.0.1 final and 8.0.2 patches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

so far in about 32 games the goals scored direct from corners for me are

1 for alonso

2 for crouch

2 for carragher

1 for agger

1 for benayoun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What corner tactics are you using? (individual and corner aim?)

I started net game on 8.0.1. Here are schedule for 2010/11 season:

http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=eef82fc614ffcb8a

Then installed patch 8.0.2 and season 2011/12 is here:

http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=bb2079fd4efdf29e

I marked games where amout of goals where bigger than usual.

One difference is that on 8.0.1 i didn't see any 5:4 or more, and on 8.0.2 it simetimes happen (to me nad AI).

Since 8.0.2 was installed.

Premiership: 3 goals per game.

Champions League 3.5 goals per game.

My own matches: 4 goals per game.

I'm running the English leagues in full detail and I started patch 8.0.2 halfway through the 2008/2009 season.

IMHO I think the lastest patch is terrific, and i'd account the high number of goals in my games to my tactics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathozz:

I'm playing Championship + in England.

Top Division is Spain and Italy.

I've noticed a huge amount of goals in each division and also in the International competitions too.

Every team in the Premiership had conceded 22 + goals within around 7-10 games.

Most international matches and league games end up like 3-2 3-5 7-5 4-4 etc. There is a few 2-1's 1-1 here and there but they are very rare.

I've gone back to 8.0.1 now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm really surprised. This is definitely not the case in my game. I'm not saying you are making this up, but maybe you are focused on seing the high score games only. Can you post a screenshot of your league table?

In the League 1 (where my team currently is) the team with most scroing +conceeding record has scored 2.0 goals per game and conceeded 1.4 goals per game (=3.4 goals/game in total) I scored 1.0/game and conceeded 0.9/game with my rather defensive style.

Right now, like I said before, the only thing bothering me is that in the competitions that I am not in, the goals/game ratio is considerably lower, but I am hoping that this occurs because teams in upper divisions play more defensive.

The competitions without my team:

In Championship, the team with most goals in their games has scored 1.5/game, and conceeded 1.3/game. Very normal. And again, this is the team with most goals, which is 2.8/game as you can see.

In Premier it is similar. Maximum for a team is 109/38 games (scored+conceeded), which is 2.9/game.

Again, these are maximums. There are few teams who have around 2.0-2.2 goals/game in their games. Most of them have 2.3-2.7.

Bottmline, I think these numbers are close to perfection. Patch 8.01 was completely messed up. I didn't even complete 1 sezson with that patch because with my Newcastle team I conceeded only 5-6 goals in my first 20+ game (and I wasn't the only one. Chelsea, Arsenal and some other teams had the same performance), which was far from being realistic.

I can only hope that SI won't go back into that direction again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie_E:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can I ask for some observations from those of you who think there are too many please?

- Are you talking about your own games, or all games?

- If all games, are you talking about the division you are in or all divisions you have active?

- If all divisions are you running them in full detail or using default settings? ( Game detail screen )

- What season did you start 8.0.2 in?

Just trying to get to the bottom of something that wasnt apparent from our own testing of 8.0.2!

Cheers,

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Paul,

League Table

That link shows you that I have scored 61 goals in 33 games and I'm 23rd - mostly because I've also conceded 87. You'll also see that the top two have already scored over 90 goals, so they're likely to reach about 130 goals each in the season.

I started using the patch at the beginning of my current season and have all the English leagues running in full detail.

Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I see now why you complain. Again, this is absolutely NOT the case in my game. Maybe things are different if you start fresh, and don't apply the patch to an existing saved game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilUK:

As for general goals haven't really noticed anything. But if you don't fix the goals from corners issue before moving on you will lose this very loyal customer. I am someone who has consistently defended SI throughout the years and tried to give constructive feedback. But to simply ignore this issue and start work on next years game would show a total lack of thought and respect to your customers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is that if they spend more time on another patch which by all accounts not everybody wants, it will take time away from fm09.

Then we all know what will happen people will moan that fm09 is no good and bug ridden.

Si cant win either way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My argument for this is that for FM09, SI should concentrate solely on improving the game as it stands and not adding any new features. Unfortunately as we have seen over the past few years, more things get added that don't work properly or are nothing more than window dressing at the expense of important stuff like getting the ME right.

SI should just keep working on the game as it is now so that FM09 is basically FM08 but absolutely finished. Sell it for like 15 quid and leave it at that, then look into adding new features for FM10 or whatever they call it by then.

That way, they can fix the match corner problem first, release that as the final patch fix then make everything else as realistic as possible for FM09.

I know SI will say, oh we couldn't do that, we need to add new features to bring in new customers, keep it fresh etc, but IMO and a lot of others, all SI are doing are alienating the current fan base by not having the match engine work properly for a game after 6 months.

More people would buy a knocked down in price FM09 if it was essentially FM08 but perfect than they would a version of FM09 that has more new pointless features that haven't been tested properly and a match engine that is still quite dodgy.

SI have lost a lot of credibility with FM08 imo and especially the way they continue to say there are no real problems with 08 despite the volume of people mentioning the corner bug and the clear evidence that people have provided.

Unfortunately SI's customer service has appeared to get worse over the last few years and it's about time they released a game that is as good as it can be at release as opposed to a game that is still full of stupid problems after 6 months of patches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebsy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

Si cant win either way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My argument for this is that for FM09, SI should concentrate solely on improving the game as it stands and not adding any new features. Unfortunately as we have seen over the past few years, more things get added that don't work properly or are nothing more than window dressing at the expense of important stuff like getting the ME right.

SI should just keep working on the game as it is now so that FM09 is basically FM08 but absolutely finished. Sell it for like 15 quid and leave it at that, then look into adding new features for FM10 or whatever they call it by then.

That way, they can fix the match corner problem first, release that as the final patch fix then make everything else as realistic as possible for FM09.

I know SI will say, oh we couldn't do that, we need to add new features to bring in new customers, keep it fresh etc, but IMO and a lot of others, all SI are doing are alienating the current fan base by not having the match engine work properly for a game after 6 months.

More people would buy a knocked down in price FM09 if it was essentially FM08 but perfect than they would a version of FM09 that has more new pointless features that haven't been tested properly and a match engine that is still quite dodgy.

SI have lost a lot of credibility with FM08 imo and especially the way they continue to say there are no real problems with 08 despite the volume of people mentioning the corner bug and the clear evidence that people have provided.

Unfortunately SI's customer service has appeared to get worse over the last few years and it's about time they released a game that is as good as it can be at release as opposed to a game that is still full of stupid problems after 6 months of patches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great post sebsy!

I for one would prefer to pay additional 15 pounds for a completely fixed FM08, and call it FM09, rather than a FM09 with new features and new bugs (somehow new feautures always seem to mess up the previous game's match engine). I don't care about new features. This game already has many cool features. Only if all of them would work properly icon_rolleyes.gif

My vote would be for further improving the match engine, getting things like 'corners bug' fixed, improving the transfer system, fixing stats bug (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3052020383), the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong, with patch 8.02 I enjoy playing this game, it's the first time ever after CM01/02 that I am happy with the game, but it is a fact that there are still lot of things in this game that need SI's attention, before adding new feautures!

I don't use the corner exploit but i still get some crazy scores. There are still 1-0's, 2-1's etc but once the goals flow in a game it gets crazy, no middle ground at all. Since applying the patch there's been a 7-0, 7-2, 6-3, 8-3 all in the space of about 4 months game play. It's fun but not exactly realistic.

Is there anyone has seen 0-0 in his own games,league games,cup games and international cup games.

After a full-season (turkey-spain-italy-england playable with large database) i have seen just two 0-0 scoreline.One of them was my game and other one was international-cup game for U23s.

0-0 is the most common score statisticaly in the world but in FM 2008 (8.0.2 patch) it's the score u don't even see.

For FM2009 i don't want any improvements.Just want a bugless game with season 08-09's database (also without a small bug like researchers editor,tool bug, etc)

PaulC can't u make a game like at CM 01/02's stability.(it's the most bugless version with the most accurate player attributes)

Good old days icon_smile.gif

I want to add, CM 03/04 was a really good game too like CM 01/02...

Just hope FM2009 will be a simulation with much more stablity and less bugs like CM 01/02, CM 03/04.

I suggest u to not improve sth just bring a bugless game.If u can't there is one more way too.Rebuild thousand-times patched game-code.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

Have you tried playing defensively in a different way - higher defensive line, low width and high closing down throughout the team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to raise a point about FM 'philosophy' here. Personally, I'm a bit of a tactics anorak and strive for effective, yet realistic tactics; many, however, do not, and I am raising an issue on their behalf.

It appears that SI code the game with a strong bias towards 'realistic' tactics. Now, on the one hand, I accept the ultra-extreme exploits such as the old Diabolo can't be taken into consideration, but I do think that in future, coding of the match engine should be more sympathetic towards those who have less time and awareness of tactical nuances.

Obviously, the better your tactics, the more success you should have on the field, but less poorer tactics should result in less successful but still realistic outcomes, IMHO. icon_smile.gif

Having started a new game with the build prior to the Gold I haven't seen any of these issues. Had ten 1-0 league wins in my second season, pluas a fair share of 0-0s, only scored four plus three times and conceded less than a goal a game.

Overall goals may be slightly too high. The weakest sides in a division seem to concede more than they should, but stronger sides don't score more. The weaker sides just get trounced too many times with the goals scored spread across the top teams.

I think it might well be a transition problem between 8.0.1 and 8.0.2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

My CB has scored 22 goals in 28 appearances, all from corners, he's my top goal scorer icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you tell me your corner set up?

Well, according to SI they'll concentrate on the new game then correcting the existing product... Paul, just imagine you bought a car, and after a week discover that the seller sold you a car with a damaged engine, and when you are requesting to repair it the answer is "sorry lad, but i'm working on the new car, it will be ready in a year, i'll not fix the engine, but i will sell you the new car when it is ready (for a full price surely)".

I'm not sorry for the money i spent, i'm just sorry that i was foolish enough to buy another game from $I :-) Well done mates!

I'm happy with the amount of goals in my own matches. I don('t look at the other ones. The scores are pretty normal, although i concede very few goals (2 in 17 league games). But i don't make that much either. The only thing is that i score sometimes very late, even against easy opponent. It's realistic i know but it's sometimes a little stressy

I've emailed watchdog about it and they have emailed me back saying they may be interested and asked me for more info. What a shame as I have been so supportive of SI. In the past I remember versions of Champ Man before the name change that had 5 maybe even 7 patches. It seems since SEGA's involvement big company attitudes have hit S.I. Its simply wrong to ignore serious game spoiling issues like the goals from corners to move on to the next game. After all SI you released an updated patch to fix the Defoe error, something we could do ourselves in the Data Editor. Yet you won't issue a patch for a game where Centre halfs are outscoring everyone else, in some cases at the rate of 3 goals to 1.

to be honest i have not noticed anything unusual at all, in fact most of games involved about 2-3 goals being scored by both sides, have had plenty of 1-0's, 2-0's 2-1's 0-0's, 1-1's etc u get the picture. in my champions league knock out ties i drew 0-0 in benfica, 2-1 after extra time (0-0 at full time), 1-1 home to madrid, 0-0 away. i cant see any daft scores in there whatsoever

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.L:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

My CB has scored 22 goals in 28 appearances, all from corners, he's my top goal scorer icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you tell me your corner set up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have lots of goals from DC, aim near post, and set your player (whatever position they are) with the best heading ability to "near post flick on" there u go, lots of goals coming your way. always go near post, less opponents to content with

I have done that same trick llama, but despite having a CB with heading stat of 15 he general scores 1 in 10 of those headers (has no problem in winning them).

In my opinion the biggest problem with number of goals is long shots and gks reaction to them. If it's either side of the keeper it sails straight in without them moving.

I've emailed watchdog about it and they have emailed me back saying they may be interested and asked me for more info. What a shame as I have been so supportive of SI. In the past I remember versions of Champ Man before the name change that had 5 maybe even 7 patches. It seems since SEGA's involvement big company attitudes have hit S.I. Its simply wrong to ignore serious game spoiling issues like the goals from corners to move on to the next game. After all SI you released an updated patch to fix the Defoe error, something we could do ourselves in the Data Editor. Yet you won't issue a patch for a game where Centre halfs are outscoring everyone else, in some cases at the rate of 3 goals to 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you serious????? you have emailed watchdog because defenders score goals from corners??? please just change ur corner tactics - yes we probably should not have to but dude - to email watchdog C'MON!!!

si have BY FAR THE BEST customer support of any developers - i mean FFS tiger woods 07 had a bug where the slope that the ball was on had absolutely ZERO effect on the ball - now if you know golf this is a MAJOR bug. EA fixed this 6 months after release for the US version. at the same time they said the uro patch would be out soon. GUESS WHAT??? 1 month later they released a statement that NO euro patch would be coming out.

no i am not saying this game is perfect mate but please - watchdog will laugh at your claim!!!

I've emailed watchdog about it and they have emailed me back saying they may be interested and asked me for more info. What a shame as I have been so supportive of SI. In the past I remember versions of Champ Man before the name change that had 5 maybe even 7 patches. It seems since SEGA's involvement big company attitudes have hit S.I. Its simply wrong to ignore serious game spoiling issues like the goals from corners to move on to the next game. After all SI you released an updated patch to fix the Defoe error, something we could do ourselves in the Data Editor. Yet you won't issue a patch for a game where Centre halfs are outscoring everyone else, in some cases at the rate of 3 goals to 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's one (ONE) bug with a known workaround. Not only is your claim laughable but incredibly selfish, as a successful claim (which this won't be) would hit all players of FM of current and future generations as SI would never be able to release anything with any bug, ever. It would cripple the entire industry if software development could be put on hold via one idiot with a complaint.

Have you put the toys back in the pram yet?

On a more thread related note, a colleague at FM-Britain had horrendous defending problems in a continued save from 8.0.1. I suggested he start a new game and, lo and behold, they all went away. It seems, for some people, that a continued save destroys the defence. If you are seeing crazy high scorelines in your game and KNOW you have a tight defensive unit, it will be best to start a new game.

And the corner bug is easily avoided by not challenging the goalkeeper and man-marking the players in the box with strong headers.

If you chose to take advantage of an issue that doesn't really affect gameplay unless you let it, that's your choice and your problem. It has nothing to do with SI and the fact that it's possible just proves the fact that what people are nagging about (difficulties) is really not what they want.

It's rather simple. Want a simpler game? Use the corners. Want a normal game, don't use the corners. Want a difficult game. Don't use the small tricks availible.

It's not like SI are forcing you to use the corner trick..

You do not even need a workaround, just dont set any specific corner tactics. Ive never experinced any daft scorelines or crazy scoring defenders since the day was released. And to me with 8.02 patch it all seems very well balanced. Some odd scorelines as to be expected but also plent of 0-0 and 1-0 games.

Watchdog lol icon_rolleyes.gif

Be sure to let us know what they reply, do you seriously think anyone believes you?

I'll warn the guys at SI though as I'm sure they'll be so scared they'll write a special version of the game just for you icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaime:

Well, according to SI they'll concentrate on the new game then correcting the existing product... Paul, just imagine you bought a car, and after a week discover that the seller sold you a car with a damaged engine, and when you are requesting to repair it the answer is "sorry lad, but i'm working on the new car, it will be ready in a year, i'll not fix the engine, but i will sell you the new car when it is ready (for a full price surely)".

I'm not sorry for the money i spent, i'm just sorry that i was foolish enough to buy another game from $I :-) Well done mates! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Car analogies are stupid in the context of computer games.

Yours take the prize as the most stupid I've seen this year.

The way I see it, no matter how realistic (or some may argue not) FM is, at the end of the day FM is still a computer game. And as such, when playing it you are playing a computer game which will have weaknesses and quirks. The tactics one uses are not necessarily ones which would be effective irl, they are ones that are effective against the a.i..

So if the game's match engine allows a lot of goals to be scored, one should simply adapt to this and devise a tactic that will score more than your opposition does.

Personally I don't think that having scoring games is necessarily a down side, I certainly prefer it to the alternative...

I must say I have not noticed this much. I am 11 games into season and un beaten with liverpool. I have set my corners to near post flick on with my best header set to attack near post,I get the odd goal from this but not loads. I have to say I am loving the new patch - yes there are the odd problems but all in all I think si have created another great game icon14.gif

What've you written to Watchdog for? The match engine in Football Manager is a wonder of the modern world in the making, in my honest opinion. You choose to exploit an exploit, then blame someone else? Pfft.

Archived