Andre-Pierre Gignac

Thandui

Hey, has anyone else tried this guy out for their team? He's prolific for me, I got him for a bargain price of 7.5m in the first transfer season and the amount of Hattricks he scores is insane, anyway less talking heres some proof :)

andrepierregignac.png

Not bad eh? :p

and heres what he just got awarded

1stseasongignacstrikero.png

If anyones wondering what position i play him in, I have him as a lone striker with modric just behind, his role is a complete forward and his duty is attack

andrepierregignac.png

Signed him for Villa in my first season for 7.5million and he was absolutely useless, scored a wonder goal on his debute but then went 13 games without scoring (even thought he was getting called up to the national side and scoring for France!), so I agreed a deal to sell him to Lyon for 10million quid, then he started scoring a couple before he left!

On the upside he helped me fund the signing of Dzeko who so far scored 6 in 5 with 7 assists.

Never signed him but if he's as good as he was when I first noticed him (FM07/FM08) then he is unstoppable in the right set-up. I remember meeting Sampdoria in the Champions League (I think) and they absolutely demolished me over two legs with him and Cacia up front.

He looks really good in my game, but his value in 10 million after the first season, so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to acquire his services.

He is one of those players I've always wanted to buy in FM, but never have, so hopefully this year will be different.

YES FINALLY!!! I have finally struck a deal to sign for FREE!!! Yeah that's right, his contract was expiring soo decided to snap him up and will be arriving next season.

WHAT :eek: what season was this?

• 2 weeks later...

I played him as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1 for about 5 easy games and he scored 1 goal. Then i read this thread and gave him a complete forward role and he scored 5 goals in the next 2 games.

could be luck but it massively increaced his performance.

Thats very helpful. Do you think he is better than cardozo?

I've got Cardozo and Gignac up front for my Aston Villa team. IMO Cardozo is the better player, he scores a ton of goals but also has the skills to play the ball around. Countless times he's played the wide men in then got on a cross.

I got him for £5.5M for my Leeds team from Man Utd after he was transfer listed (they bought him for £23M), not had a chance to use him yet but looking forward to, was going to play Jo in the games when going for one up top but after reading this and playing a "complete forward", may have to choose him instead and see how he does. Although saying that Jo has done incredibly well, got 27 goals last year!

I paid 15.5 million for him but he's still worth the money. Trouble is with defending seemingly broken on the game, I have to play 4-5-1 away from home against the big teams and I also have Artem Milevskyi, I just play the most in form but it is such a waste having 1 of them on the bench!

I've signed in my first season, with Spurs.

He plays alone up top, and hasn't really done it for me :(

10 goals in 24 appearances, average rating of 6.98.

I have him playing the same role as others in this thread - complete forward, set to attack.

Hmmmm....

Got him for 6 mil as he was unhappy and wanted to be transfer listed. That was 3 years into my save as zenit. Scored on his debut in the Europa cup, he wouldn't of played but milevskyi was injured, then in the 2nd leg Milevskyi was fit again, so I played him and he scored 4 goals.

Obviously felt threatened lol

Archived