FM2010 new features blog no.5 - match view talk, and a new match video.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miles, is there anymore animations to go in between now an release date or is there not enough time available?

Also, purely out of curiosity, how long does it take to incorporate a new animation into the ME?

Thank you.

"The crowd itself should (by the time of launch - it doesn't yet!) have the right amount of people in for the attendance of the match, sitting happily in their seats, getting excited and celebrating when the team scores."

Really pleased about this, I know its only something cosmetic but I really can't wait for that big cup or derby match in which my unibond side is all of a sudden playing in front of a packed house! And to actually see the fans celebrating goals will be a very nice touch as well :D

The video looks great as well!

"The crowd itself should (by the time of launch - it doesn't yet!) have the right amount of people in for the attendance of the match, sitting happily in their seats, getting excited and celebrating when the team scores."

Really pleased about this, I know its only something cosmetic but I really can't wait for that big cup or derby match in which my unibond side is all of a sudden playing in front of a packed house! And to actually see the fans celebrating goals will be a very nice touch as well :D

The video looks great as well!

I hope the end of the ground where there should be away fans won't celebrate home goals and vice versa

• SI Staff
Miles, is there anymore animations to go in between now an release date or is there not enough time available?

Also, purely out of curiosity, how long does it take to incorporate a new animation into the ME?

Thank you.

Yes - some new, some improved, and some replacing others.

It can take between an hour and a week to incorporate a new animation into the ME, depending on knock ons effects they might have.

Will the stadiums have corners? Looks ugly without them.

Some stadiums will have corners, yes.

Yes - some new, some improved, and some replacing others.

It can take between an hour and a week to incorporate a new animation into the ME, depending on knock ons effects they might have.

Thanks Miles.

Hello Miles,

Two quick questions:

1) will there be any kind of animations concerning the nets? The 3D graphics really look good, with a major improvement over fm09, but those nets.... :mad: ... it looks like your shooting a wall!

2) another question, not concerning the 3d graphics, but with a possible effect on it. I usually play in the portuguese league, with Benfica. The team usually have an attendance around 35.000/40.000, except when the play agains Porto, Sporting, or a major european game.

BUT...and theres always a but...

If the team is challenging for the league, in those 5 or 6 final games, the stadium will have 60.000/65.000 fanatic fans, even if we are playing against a bottom league team.

This type of "interaction" between the attendances and your league table position, will occurred in FM2010 (didn't occurred in previous version), and if so, will it have any effect in the 3D graphics crowds.

Thanks for any kind of feedback, and sorry for my english!

Seeing as there will be be new animations, and I didn't see a response to my question in the other blogs' thread, I figure I'd copy and paste it here;

Which brings me to my question, would it be possible to make the goal net move, even if its just a generic animation or two? I understand it might be a bit late in the development cycle for FM10, but the small things do have a great impact on gameplay experience.

Any word on this would be great.

Edit: Keyzer seems to have beat me to it.

All i need now as far as cosmetics is concerned is cup/title presentations.

Ie. If you win something then a platform comes onto the pitch and your players all gather on it with the cup in front of them... then celebrate like they should.

That to me would make winning something all the more satisfying, its a bit of a let down when all you get is a message in the mail saying "well done but dont let it affect the players".

Looks very good so far. Well done!

I particularly like the fact the stands will have people in. One of my bug-bears of FM09 was the greyed out stands, its fantastic to see that changed.

I wonder though, will the fans have recognisably different ends?

Also, will there be any new goal celebrations, trophy presentations, laps of honour, handshakes all round etc?

I suppose that there wont be any option to zoom in or pick end for some of the camera angles? For example, on FM09 I really liked the corner view, but dont really use it because the action is too distant at one end for my poor eyesight!

Thanks.

It's sounding good Miles, just one quick question.The fans in the ground section is sounding like a good feature but will a part of each ground be reserved for away fans (a la fifa 07 etc) who celebrate/don't celebrate the goals as they are scored. Only a minor feature but one that will improve the realism in the game. Also if this is going to be implemented will there be different sized away followings for the likes of Man Utd compared with Accrington??

KUTGW

Miles i love how the elevated camera angle looks now, you can actually see the whole pitch and how your tactics as a team is working. Just couple of questions:

Will there be an option to zoom in/out of certain camera angles on FM2010 ? .. or perhaps future versions of FM?

Also are will we see more animations for celebrations?

And finally, do the crowd have a vareity of animations (i.e. the jump up when team scores, clap, put there hands on their faces when there team concedes etc...)?

Thanks in advance

Ok maybe looks ugly because it's just green outside the stadium. Can't SI put some generic town or some background?

Same here.

Shouldn't be a hard thing to change the graphics to make it look better. Buildings, roads etc. The generic plain green without any texture of sort is an eyesore.

Small thing, but adds to the realistic side of the game.

Will the stadiums be customisable? (IE some clever person from the internet making Old Trafford to put into the game) and even with the default stadiums will they grow with stadium expansions and would the manager get a say in how they look?

Good call - customisable stadium graphics (and a way to link them to clubs through the editor, etc) would open up a lot of possibilities.

I have to be totally honest and say that I am very impressed with the progress of the game. The 3D action looks much more realistic and smooth.

However not sure about all the camera flashes every two seconds, but I am sure I can live with that.

Great work guys :thup:

Will this laptop be able to run FM2010 will all the graphics details on maximum?

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_7730ZG-423G32M_LX.P220X.014/version.asp?PID=900

if not is there any laptop out there that you guys can recommend that is in the 500 quid category.

I have an acer laptop with similar specification, the only main difference is that my model has blue ray player and it runs FM09 very fast and smoothly.

I am also running 6 leagues and have not had any issues with it. So I am guessing this laptop should give you similar performance.

I also bought mine from laptop direct.

I have an acer laptop with similar specification, the only main difference is that my model has blue ray player and it runs FM09 very fast and smoothly.

I am also running 6 leagues and have not had any issues with it. So I am guessing this laptop should give you similar performance.

I also bought mine from laptop direct.

Have you got a link to the laptop you have? how much did it cost you?

thanks

Archived