Germany Provisional Squad (27 Man)

Anti Spiral

CiqB9oEXAAAJBHF.jpg:large

Neuer, Leno, ter Stegen

Boateng, Can, Hector, Höwedes, Hummels, Mustafi, Rudy, Rüdiger.

Bellarabi, Brandt, Draxler, Götze, Gomez, Khedira, Kimmich, Kroos, Müller

Özil, Podolski, Reus, Sané, Schürrle, Schweinsteiger, Weigl

I thought Brandt also made the provisional squad? Thought I saw that somewhere, he´s been fantastic, him and Kroos in future, that could be fantastic!

Schweini wont play I thought because of injury, but would be in as he´s the captain, will be interested to see.

I thought Brandt also made the provisional squad? Thought I saw that somewhere, he´s been fantastic, him and Kroos in future, that could be fantastic!

Schweini wont play I thought because of injury, but would be in as he´s the captain, will be interested to see.

Ah, missed his name in the list but I see it now :-)

I'd drop Basti, Rudy, Kimmich and Löw's lovechild Podolski for the final squad. I know Basti is the captain, but I think they need to move on without him. He's been poor and will hamper the team on the field in my opinion.

I don't like the lack of proper fullbacks, but as Goldy said, Löw won the WC playing CB's across the back four.

Think that the final selection would be without these:

Mustafi (unless he decides on a 3 man defense)

Kimmich/Weigl/Rudy

Brandt/Sané (the latter is more likely)

And a wild-card (although he might take out from the ones above all 4)

I'd take Mustafi over Rüdiger, despite the latter having more pace. I can't see what Löw and some others see in him. I don't think he's that great. Then again I'm juding him on his VfB days. Haven't seen his Roma performances.

I hope Weigl goes. He'd be rather useful as rotation in that midfield. So composed on the ball and extremely mature for his age.

I'd drop Basti, Rudy, Kimmich and Löw's lovechild Podolski for the final squad. I know Basti is the captain, but I think they need to move on without him. He's been poor and will hamper the team on the field in my opinion.

I don't like the lack of proper fullbacks, but as Goldy said, Löw won the WC playing CB's across the back four.

Gotta take Poldi, he´s the mascot :D But seriously, i dont know what it is but when he plays for the national team, he´s a different player somehow, he´s not the center of attention, a good backup option and the other problem is, he always flipping scores, which is why he´s in, got something like 1 goal in every 2 games for Die Mannschaft.

His scoring slowed down the past few years (6 goals since 2011) as they've got better options now. His goal per cap ratio is now even below that of Ballack (0.38 per game compared to 0.44 for Mike)

His goalscoring record is mostly down to being Low's butt-budy and given plenty of call-ups in friendly's and qualifiers, if he's given some more caps he'll take over the 2nd place in the caps records (behind Matthäus's 150 caps who really overstayed his welcome)

Right now he's 3rd (127 caps) behind Klose (137)

The Rudy cut is bizarre. They now have Emre Can for right back, who isn't that great there. Even if he plays 3-5-2 and uses wing backs, I still don't see who else he could use wide right. They'll have problems if he gets injured.

Reus is injured.

Nah, injury concerns according to Low :D

“He has huge health problems and can only run straight at the moment,” said the head coach. “The medical staff could not give a clear prognosis for Marco. He has massive injury problems and the medical staff was very sceptical about his ability to last through the coming weeks and such a gruelling tournament.

Meanwhile Khedira (who was in and out of the physio room this season) and Schweini (no explanation needed) are picked and both are at the wrong side of 30

WC win got his head screwed tight

Archived