FM15 pre-game editor feedback thread

metal_guitarist

I might be missing something but I can't seem to save my files as .xml or .dbc instead I can only save as .fmf. Please tell me it's possible to save as .xml as over the past few years I've had to edit files directly via notepad++

• Administrators
I might be missing something but I can't seem to save my files as .xml or .dbc instead I can only save as .fmf. Please tell me it's possible to save as .xml as over the past few years I've had to edit files directly via notepad++

We are looking into this, and aware that its an obstacle for some. Could you try extracting with the Resource Archiver and let us know if this works for you?

• Administrators

Just a note that if you are having issues and require SI assistance the best way to contact us will be via the Editor bugs forum.

no probs I did same thing!!! i'm just trying to load a new game and got crash dump, going to give it a rest for a bit

I have the same issue, I reported it with the editor data and core dumps attached. I'll update the thread if/when they respond. Sad because I whipped up some fun stuff for my next play-through.

Would anyone be able to give a bit more in-depth feedback for those of us who don't have it? What do you like/dislike, what has changed etc.? Miles' blog post touched on a few areas I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about.

When I save my edited data, I use Save As. There doesn't seem to be an option to save over the file I have already used? I like to save several times during editing, incase there is a crash or another error, so I don't lose all the work I have done. Can someone please tell me how I do this?

I can't load any editor data. I can save it fine, but when trying to load it brings up the same menu that is used for saving. I've tried typing in the title of the file but it just says could not load file.

Edit: Reinstalled the game to the C drive (instead of D) and now it seems to work fine.

From the main blog:

Set points for draws, losses and goals

Can anyone find where the 'Points for goals' option is? Searched the advanced rules section but no luck.

When you add a division in, go to the general tab of the division and there's some checkboxes under the "number of rounds" field

When you add a division in, go to the general tab of the division and there's some checkboxes under the "number of rounds" field

The three check boxes let you change points for a win, draw and loss in basic settings. If you go to advanced settings and select Stages, [stage name], League settings - There are the points for a win, draw and loss. As well as 'points for an extra time win', 'Penalty win' etc. Just no option for points for goals scored.

I presume this is a mistake?

Really not liking the lack of a 'nation(ality)' column on the person search screen. Personally, that's the column i used to sort by and would have thought it infinitely more useful than the 'city of birth' column. Anyone agree?

On the player search screen. Right click any of the column -> insert column -> nation of birth.

That should help you out.

I have this problem with the editor's skin, how can i fix it? Thanks in advance for your help

http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ip7ek1&s=8#.VF0fQr6UNrM

Can you read here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405313-If-you-have-any-save-load-issues-with-the-FM15-Editor-try-this and give that a try please.

So I cant figure out how to add reserves

making Canada, blah blah blah, add Canadian Soccer League, go down to reserves and what not and select reserves, but no matches are played by the reserves, and I dont really want to set custom divisions if I dont have to, so is there any way to get it to work?

I am trying to change a couple of players as it says in the game from the coach reports cons section the player has "fairly poor intelligence on the football pitch" and I don't know what categories in the pre game editor to change this "Any Ideas??" Nemanja Matic is an example. Cheers.

I would like the teams players page to be able to insert columns and change the size of the columns and I'm also having the .fmf problem.

For the future, could You add such a feature with red card bans:

if normal straight red card - a set number of matches (usually, 2)

if straight red card for tactical foul - another set number (usually 1)

if red card as a result of 2 yellows - no additional ban (except for situations, when these cards are at the same time, f.e. 3rd and 4th in a row)?

As far as I know, we have such a system in Poland, and it would be great to be able to reproduce it in the edited files ;)

Archived