FM15 pre-game editor feedback thread

metal_guitarist

enable data recovery in settings in the editor what does this do?

if the editor crashes on you (say when you're running a new league in the test competitions) then it'll let you choose to reopen it with your latest updates (kinda like if you end process on MSWord without saving)

----------------

something I've noticed is that when you create a new nation in a continent (say like Upper Volta in Europe) then you get a regular crash around Feb 1 (when testing)

I think it might have something to do with the new nation and the European competition (the Fair Play draw)

if you edit (say Crimea) to a new name, then this issue doesn't occur

edit: If anyone creates a new nation from scratch (ie one of the not already set in a continent) and gets it to work, then please tell me, it'll be much appreciated :)

Would have been very nice to have the possibility to mark several players and f.example give them a raise in CA by lets say 5 points or something and not have to do it individually.
you can do that and have been able to for years....from your player list of names hold down left key on mouse drag down list, then select edit button on bottom right corner you can now mass edit the ca of all selected players

any news on why files are being saved in fmf format and not .xml please

also started a thread on this can someone assist........ Has anyone been able to edit existing continental rules successfully??? I have, as per last year's editor set the UEFA Champions league to a specific nation, namely Belarus. Then gone to add nation rules selected Belarus-then select add lower divisions/cups to existing structure, then select add advanced rules. This allows access to the AR to the UEFA Champions league.

On accessing the advanced rules last year I was able to change prize money/sub rules etc. However changing the fixture rules didn't work i.e. changing squad rules etc. This was reported in the bugs forums by many users. I have now tried the same process in FM15 editor and the same thing happens again any changes to the FIXTURE RULES does not take effect in game.

If I am missing something (eg can I access the advanced rules for the UEFA Champions league another way, without having to recreate the whole competition can someone please explain).

I am basically trying to allow all u-21 and youth contract players to be eligible for all continental games even if they haven't been named in the 23 man squad, think that is similar to EPL squad rules ...think in fixture rules its called ''squad selection eligibility ''

any help is appreciated. I have been trying a few things out in the editor and my head is exploding !!!!

you can do that and have been able to for years....from your player list of names hold down left key on mouse drag down list, then select edit button on bottom right corner you can now mass edit the ca of all selected players

How do I exactly raise them by 5. The only thing I manage to do is to give all the players a spesific CA.....if I have 3 players with CA 125, 132, 143....how can I get those three to 130, 137, 148 without doing that individually?

posted a thread on that asking for one add to it, might get enough interest to get 1

There are a lot of people out there with different specialities. I am pretty much ONLY experienced with making nations, primarily out of regions of other nations.

I have no idea when it comes to playing with most of the advanced editor and continental/international competitions.

I can whip up a nation in 12 hours though, started Cambridgeshire as a whim this morning and pretty much 90% done now, just missing fine details and graphics.

There are a lot of people out there with different specialities. I am pretty much ONLY experienced with making nations, primarily out of regions of other nations.

I have no idea when it comes to playing with most of the advanced editor and continental/international competitions.

I can whip up a nation in 12 hours though, started Cambridgeshire as a whim this morning and pretty much 90% done now, just missing fine details and graphics.

if we get together it might work, but SI should be putting one out- there is too much confusion and any product should have a guide/manual

I don't like uncompressed is not readable in notepad, as with that I could make changes not allowed in standard editor. Like when in FM14 there was an issue with a number of teams in Spanish Segunda B that I could solve with that. This year I'm afraid it will cause me to be unable to remove the inexistent Salamanca AC that doesn't serve any purpose this year. Otherwise it seems better than previous years, good work.

But one thing I need to know: the import option means that in future you intend to make the editors to be able to load files from previous version or is it different idea?

It would also be nice to have a tutorial for the advanced editor (which now that I think, I haven't looked if it's still there)..

saving the files to fmf is a total pain, there are lots of threads on the bugs forums reporting it.only reason I think it has been done is to stop us opening files in notepad and editing directly???

I was able to convert a fmf file back to .xml using the resource archiver but I have created 5 files, and only had 1 success with doing this

getting quietly p'd off with this editor not what I hoped for at all

So far the editor appears to be a huge step backwards in terms of it actually being a viable tool for use. I have thus far attempted (except for team name corrections) to make a single league based around a super league principle. This does not work at all, and the game crashes if you attempt to use the file (despite the rules verifying). Given I could not make such a file simpler than the one I made, I am concerned that this is a fundamental limitation that severely restricts what is possible with the editor this year. I will continue to play around with it, and I have posted a bug report, so I will wait and see.

On the plus side, the editor does look nice. And I like some of the new features such as copying and pasting dates. I hate the new way you save files though; why the hell does it not list the files you already have saved when you click save as? My impression so far is rather negative...

really was looking forward to FM15 Editor.....was a tad disappointed when I first used it.

I didn't make any knee jerk decision after initial release on my feelings, I have stuck with it for 4 days tried a few things and I've gone back to using the FM14 editor.....think that says it all, its kak

really was looking forward to FM15 Editor.....was a tad disappointed when I first used it.

I didn't make any knee jerk decision after initial release on my feelings, I have stuck with it for 4 days tried a few things and I've gone back to using the FM14 editor.....think that says it all, its kak

The thing is in it's current state it is essentially not possible to use it for numerous applications that are quite popular. I hope that it gets proper attention this time around.. Because if you are not going to have a fully functional well supported editor, you may as well not bother having one at all.

So if I understand people here correctly, FM14 database-files can be imported into the FM15 editor? And what are the chances of (huge) unsuccessful changes?

I have a huge FM14 database-file and I'm really not looking forward to doing all that work agein, especially because the database was mainly made with Notepad, using the same rules over and over again to add clubs, cities, stadiums, competitions etc.

Importing the database into FM15-editor with minor (and preferably no) failures could save me a huge amount of time.

I haven't bought FM15 yet, because I've got tired with the game after FM14. But reading all the reviews and seeing all the screenshots, I might just be tempted to buy the game after all.

So if I understand people here correctly, FM14 database-files can be imported into the FM15 editor? And what are the chances of (huge) unsuccessful changes?

I have a huge FM14 database-file and I'm really not looking forward to doing all that work agein, especially because the database was mainly made with Notepad, using the same rules over and over again to add clubs, cities, stadiums, competitions etc.

Importing the database into FM15-editor with minor (and preferably no) failures could save me a huge amount of time.

I haven't bought FM15 yet, because I've got tired with the game after FM14. But reading all the reviews and seeing all the screenshots, I might just be tempted to buy the game after all.

lots of your files will work in fm15, only way to find is to load in game(as even verifying files in editor is no guarantee it will work)

if you haven't got game post them here we will check for you if you want

The thing is in it's current state it is essentially not possible to use it for numerous applications that are quite popular. I hope that it gets proper attention this time around.. Because if you are not going to have a fully functional well supported editor, you may as well not bother having one at all.
totally agree there have been changes that were not needed, and some of the problems remain so not a lot we can do

So in FM14 and prior versions of the editor I was able to have data changes and competition settings in separate files. This worked as long as the data update file was higher in the edit files list than the competition files. This seems broken now in FM15. Has anyone else noticed this? The FMF file format is also very fragile. Sometimes you can use the resource archiver to extract the xml file and other times you can't. It's very annoying.

FM14 edit file list - This worked before

FM15 edit file list - This tells me that it can't find a competition that is in the NA_APL_02 file and used in the NA_ClubComp file

I've been able to import my files from FM14, and most things seem to be intact. However, as dim13 mentions above, all edited kit changes are lost. Worse, every kit reverts back to the generic blue-and-white. Aaargh.

i dont see a point in doing any editing as things are as i cant save any further changes to my created files in fm15 editor:thdn:(editor wont let me save to those files it tries to make a new file every time i try to save:mad:)

you'd think id learn why buy game when it comes out you have to wait until its patched, again and again

I've been able to import my files from FM14, and most things seem to be intact. However, as dim13 mentions above, all edited kit changes are lost. Worse, every kit reverts back to the generic blue-and-white. Aaargh.

i tried to fix that kit changes manually but still no luck. some of changes are loaded in editor and some not. if i manage to find solution i will post here. my file i huge and i dont wanna make that changes again

i dont see a point in doing any editing as things are as i cant save any further changes to my created files in fm15 editor:thdn:(editor wont let me save to those files it tries to make a new file every time i try to save:mad:)

you'd think id learn why buy game when it comes out you have to wait until its patched, again and again

Wow, you cannot even save? You have it worse than me, I have thus far been able to work around various issues (although it also caused me to scale back my plans somewhat). I guess you tried the verify cache and reinstall malarkey?

The kit import thing is extremely annoying when importing an old editor file. It kills pretty much any database including a lot of new teams and/or updates to current teams (adding kits to teams with none). I guess it is not unsurprising there is not complete backwards compatibility, but the new file format seems poorly implemented currently. Let's give it some time though, see what they fix.

lots of your files will work in fm15, only way to find is to load in game(as even verifying files in editor is no guarantee it will work)

if you haven't got game post them here we will check for you if you want

Thanks for the offer, will certainly consider that.

Wow, you cannot even save? You have it worse than me, I have thus far been able to work around various issues (although it also caused me to scale back my plans somewhat). I guess you tried the verify cache and reinstall malarkey?

The kit import thing is extremely annoying when importing an old editor file. It kills pretty much any database including a lot of new teams and/or updates to current teams (adding kits to teams with none). I guess it is not unsurprising there is not complete backwards compatibility, but the new file format seems poorly implemented currently. Let's give it some time though, see what they fix.

So this would be the biggest problem in my file. I have added 2100+ clubs with matching home kits (away kits are fantasy kits) and I've altered the home kits of several existing clubs. So those would all be lost. Very annoying.

i guess something is wrong with editor. i tried to manually fix my kit changes and once i have 3 failed changes but next time i load same file and have 2 failed changes. i have 1600 klubs with home/away kits and dont wanna make them again. will wait for editor update and try to fix in xml with almighty "replace" option :)

it works the file is now in .xml format

Can you describe step by step the procedure with the resource archiver? I tried yersterday to obtain an xml, from my first FMF file, but anything is showed in the folder I have choose to extract..

Probably I do someting wrong, but I don't know what exactly.

I have not the necessity to manually edit the files, but .xml or .dbc are read by the game when you put them into /data/db/1500 folder in the game directory, while it seems do not recognize fmf files. This is very useful for me, when I made changes that I want loaded by default in the game (i.e. no-fake names, new staff or media, creation of a lot of african leagues names that are not present in the default databasebe, and so on...) because avoid me to merge multiple editor files contained in the editor data folder, reducing crash risks. And in this manner I can see the modifications in the editor when I load the database, whithout the necessity to skip from a file to another, with the lost of time to reload the database

I try to create advanced rules to my leage, but I constantly get this error in the editor:

Friendly date range for 2019 Ekstraklasa (12/7/2019) doesnt match with start of season (22/7/2019)

And when I open fixtures list in 2019 yr it looks like this:

20/06/2019 - training start day

21/06/2019 - friendlies star day

12/07/2019 - friendlies and day

20/07/2019 - first season match

what is wrong with that? I can add I had the same problem with FM 14 editor when I started simulation to 2030 yr

when you save FMF just save twice. after that resource archiver will extract file without issues

It works, but unfortunately the game do not read .xml files in the /data/db/1500 folder. I noticed in this folder they are only .dbc, .edt or .lnc files. I think the only way is to mantain database changes in the editor data folder only, unless someone know how to obtain a .dbc file from a .xml

I try to create advanced rules to my leage, but I constantly get this error in the editor:

Friendly date range for 2019 Ekstraklasa (12/7/2019) doesnt match with start of season (22/7/2019)

And when I open fixtures list in 2019 yr it looks like this:

20/06/2019 - training start day

21/06/2019 - friendlies star day

12/07/2019 - friendlies and day

20/07/2019 - first season match

what is wrong with that? I can add I had the same problem with FM 14 editor when I started simulation to 2030 yr

you can not set any date in the rules that is early than the date setted in "update day of the season" (or something similar) in the "competition" panel

It works, but unfortunately the game do not read .xml files in the /data/db/1500 folder. I noticed in this folder they are only .dbc, .edt or .lnc files. I think the only way is to mantain database changes in the editor data folder only, unless someone know how to obtain a .dbc file from a .xml
if you compress a .xml it creates a dbc file

how to compress the .xml? I can open it with the editor with the import function, but if I save as "editor compress data file" it give me a .fmf

EDIT: founded, cheers. First save the editor data as "editor compress data file", saving twice, then use the resource archiver to exctract, and here you are the .dbc file

When I try to apply changes to an existing data file, when I pick "Save Editor Data" it saves the file as a new .dbc file...Which I can't load with the editor if I want to apply other changes to it. So I have to pick "Save Editor Data As..." and usually this feature lets you chose an existing file and replace it. This time it doesn't. The editor only lets you create a totally new file, which is annoying...If you had notes you lose them as well.

Basically I can't replace an old file with a new one...

Not to mention the weird auto renaming applied to the files, with things such as : _D130B2E2-B536-4610-8D19-DCDCA2357C1B being added to the file lol it's hella confusing.

When I try to apply changes to an existing data file, when I pick "Save Editor Data" it saves the file as a new .dbc file...Which I can't load with the editor if I want to apply other changes to it. So I have to pick "Save Editor Data As..." and usually this feature lets you chose an existing file and replace it. This time it doesn't. The editor only lets you create a totally new file, which is annoying...If you had notes you lose them as well.

Basically I can't replace an old file with a new one...

Not to mention the weird auto renaming applied to the files, with things such as : _D130B2E2-B536-4610-8D19-DCDCA2357C1B being added to the file lol it's hella confusing.

Ive had the same issue and reported it on bugs ....it resolved by compressing the file in settings for me

I just want to write these down before I forget them -

One issue I've had with a new FM15 editor feature is that in advanced rules, when you add "Match Plan Rules" to the group settings (an amazing addition by the way) to get your Group A teams to play other teams from Group B, it breaks any TV match date schedule rules you had set in the League Schedule tab. No more custom TV scheduling.

The other two things I'd like to see in future editions because they would have saved me hours of time if they had been implemented

1) When adding a city to a stadium, it'd be great if the coordinates of that city would automatically be put into the stadium's coordinates. These coordinates are essential when making a database work properly with rules that need to regionally and geographically sort teams. It also takes hours to put in coordinates by hand when you're copying and pasting them from the city... couldn't this be automatic?

2) It would be nice to be able to define a pool of stadiums that a cup could pick from. The current stadium rules are a bit limited, because if you select "National" stadium, you are always limited to 1 stadium for that round. If you pick "Neutral" stadium, it will more often than not pick some rubbish stadium and refuse to follow the minumum capacity rule you set. If you pick "Host" stadium, it also limits you to 1 stadium. There's got to be a better way to vary up your stadiums year to year than setting what each stadium will be each year in "Grounds" under "Competition". You'd have to set 100 years of stadiums for however many cups... hours would be wasted.

Just (hopefully) a simple quick to resolve problem. After starting my usual tweaking of player positions, CA,PA etc. I've opened up the pre-game editor this morning and just as with the Recommended current ability being greyed out , so too now is the player position, preventing me from editing!!!!!!

Not sure how this has happened? Is it a bug or have I activated something that prevents positions being edited?

So in FM14 and prior versions of the editor I was able to have data changes and competition settings in separate files. This worked as long as the data update file was higher in the edit files list than the competition files. This seems broken now in FM15. Has anyone else noticed this? The FMF file format is also very fragile. Sometimes you can use the resource archiver to extract the xml file and other times you can't. It's very annoying.

I have edited the way you describe in the past and if that doesn't work anymore it's a huge problem.

Archived